Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @Glimmer50 Thank you! Honestly, it's very addictive. I had no idea I'd get into it so fast :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 good to hear from you!! I hope you will be able to get back to drifting soon {hugs}

@Thymeless welcome to the drifter family!! Are you going to make a blog about your adventures with the drifter challenge?
  • Options
    @illusie I actually have, yes! Well, it's got it's own page on my site, anyway :) Here's a link <3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @Thymeless great start! The search for a man was difficult but you found a cutie! :)
  • Options
    @illusie I got lucky, that's what happened XD I mean, who would have known that behind that beard, and those glasses... and the hair... and the shoes...
    Yeah, very lucky =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »
    I finally got around to starting this challenge! I'm having a lot of fun so far :)
    Hi there!! Welcome 2 The Drifter Challenge!! =)
    @Glimmer50 Thank you! Honestly, it's very addictive. I had no idea I'd get into it so fast :)
    LOVE 2 hear that! Welcome 2 The Drifter Family! <3 It's always nice 2 have new people playing!!
    illusie wrote: »
    @Thymeless welcome to the drifter family!! Are you going to make a blog about your adventures with the drifter challenge?
    @illusie I actually have, yes! Well, it's got it's own page on my site, anyway :) Here's a link <3
    FABULOUS! THX 4 the link I'll get that added 2 the list on the appropriate House Challenge page =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Hi gang! Guess what? I am bbaaaack? :-) You can take the simmer out of the drift but never t ake Drifter Challenge out of the Simmer....!
    Need som ruleset - clarification before I start setting my game up: "Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only" What exactly does that mean? Starting house 1 - should not all lots be empty in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    kpatton456kpatton456 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm new to the Drifter Challenge, but did start House 001 and am getting closer to House 002. However, I have a question, because I'm a bit confused about the House 002 rules. Maybe I just missed something along the way! At the top of the rules for House 002, it states that "Oasis Springs - Base Game - All previously placed or built residential and community lots may be left as they are, rebuilt or replaced with a lot downloaded from the gallery." It was my understanding in House 001 that everything in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek was to be demolished with only one restaurant placed on the old museum lot site. So where are these "previously placed or built residential and community lots" coming from? Did I miss something? In House 001, are we supposed to be replacing all the houses and community lots in Oasis Springs while we build House 001 and get the 1st heir?
  • Options
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Hi gang! Guess what? I am bbaaaack? :-) You can take the simmer out of the drift but never t ake Drifter Challenge out of the Simmer....!
    Need som ruleset - clarification before I start setting my game up: "Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only" What exactly does that mean? Starting house 1 - should not all lots be empty in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs?
    Hey there!! Glad 2 c ya here again!!!

*INFO*
    Oasis Springs - Base Game
    -Demolish all Residential and Community Lots
    -Place or Build a Restaurant on The Futures Past
    -Evict all Residents
    Willow Creek - Base Game
    -Demolish all Residential and Community Lots
    -Evict all Residents

Yes...all lots in Oasis Springs & Willow Creek should b bulldozed etc. (except 4 the placement of a Restaurant on The Futures Past Community Lot)

***When u c "Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only" in the other towns...it means that u can tear down & rebuild or download Lots from the Gallery 2 replace those already there....so if u want 2 build Newcrest..u can build/add Residential Lots there. If u bulldoze a Community Lot in San Myshuno..it must b built or replaced w/it's lot type only...u can't make the park there into a Bar, 4 instance.

I hope this made sense & if not..please let me know =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    kpatton456 wrote: »
    I'm new to the Drifter Challenge, but did start House 001 and am getting closer to House 002. However, I have a question, because I'm a bit confused about the House 002 rules. Maybe I just missed something along the way! At the top of the rules for House 002, it states that "Oasis Springs - Base Game - All previously placed or built residential and community lots may be left as they are, rebuilt or replaced with a lot downloaded from the gallery." It was my understanding in House 001 that everything in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek was to be demolished with only one restaurant placed on the old museum lot site. So where are these "previously placed or built residential and community lots" coming from? Did I miss something? In House 001, are we supposed to be replacing all the houses and community lots in Oasis Springs while we build House 001 and get the 1st heir?

Hi...welcome 2 The Drifter Challenge!! =)

"Oasis Springs - Base Game - All previously placed or built residential and community lots may be left as they are, rebuilt or replaced with a lot downloaded from the gallery."
    Is referring 2 your House 001 Residential Lot as well as the Restaurant that was placed on The Futures Past Community Lot (If u choose 2 tear those down & rebuild them @ the start of House 002...you're more than welcomed 2 is all I was stating) =)

In House 001, are we supposed to be replacing all the houses and community lots in Oasis Springs while we build House 001 and get the 1st heir?
    The answer 2 this question is no...you're right on track as far as what it sounds like u were doing!

I hope that this clarified things 4 u...if not..please let me know!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    kpatton456kpatton456 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks Vihisha! Yes that does clarify things :) I thought maybe I overlooked something in the rules. Wouldn't be the first time in my life to do that, hahaha
  • Options
    kpatton456 wrote: »
    Thanks Vihisha! Yes that does clarify things :) I thought maybe I overlooked something in the rules. Wouldn't be the first time in my life to do that, hahaha
    Hee hee no worries, my friend! Glad I was able 2 clarify things 4 ya! If u have any other questions, anytime...don't hesitate 2 ask! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    OK, after I have restarted the challenge for the umpteenth time I am having great fun! But just as my first heir is reaching toddler-hood one other question occurs to me: I am not allowed to actively play any other than my founder in House 1 (and then current heir in houses downhill), right? But am I allowed to actually have a look at my toddlers needs to see if she is tired, hungry or sleepy etc? Or do I have to completely wing it?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    OK, after I have restarted the challenge for the umpteenth time I am having great fun! But just as my first heir is reaching toddler-hood one other question occurs to me: I am not allowed to actively play any other than my founder in House 1 (and then current heir in houses downhill), right? But am I allowed to actually have a look at my toddlers needs to see if she is tired, hungry or sleepy etc? Or do I have to completely wing it?
    U r allowed 2 click on them 2 c stats, yes =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Planning for House 002: May I go the Politician career and work from home? As in may I travel around in San Myshuno as required?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    Planning for House 002: May I go the Politician career and work from home? As in may I travel around in San Myshuno as required?

U may employ your Main Sim in the Politician Career & u may choose the "Work From Home" option...however..travel rules do NOT change from the "norm" so unless you Sim is invited out & u have @ least $1k Household funds, u may not travel (even if it's required for work) this applies to all jobs which came with the City Living Expansion Pack
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Wishing all my Drifter friends have a Happy Easter!
  • Options
    Happy easter!!
  • Options
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! *hugs times a million*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    So, what will be the consequences of 4 more days in the lifespan for adults and ya to accomodate toddlers? Will there be any at all for the Drifter Challenge?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hello, people! I know I haven't been around much lately. Sorry about that. I have peeked at a couple of the drifter threads but haven't really commented. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm very excited about the new Parenthood game pack. I plan to play it first on another save as a test and to get acclimated to the new way of playing before I delve back into drifter and my random legacy. I'm really excited to see how things turn out with the uncontrollable sims with this! I think it should be interesting. I did wonder the same as @Bloudwed about the aging changes. There's also the fact that we'll be able to tell the kids to do their homework. Not sure what else will be different which is why I don't plan to play my drifter save right away. Anyway, have a great weekend! :D
  • Options
    So, what will be the consequences of 4 more days in the lifespan for adults and ya to accomodate toddlers? Will there be any at all for the Drifter Challenge?
    Nope...nothing changes here =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I did wonder the same as @Bloudwed about the aging changes. There's also the fact that we'll be able to tell the kids to do their homework. Not sure what else will be different which is why I don't plan to play my drifter save right away. Anyway, have a great weekend! :D
    Hi Rainy =)
    Until I get my hands on the pack I can't say...BUT everything I have heard & seen...I'm pretty sure that there will b no real changes 2 The Drifter Challenge w/the new Parenthood Pack
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    :star: RULE CHANGE in House mini-challenges as follows :star:

Rules now state
    -Set the gender preference (of specified Sim)
    - - -This may be changed anytime during game play

Houses 002 & 007 are exempt from this rule & still state
    - -Gender Preference may NOT be changed once game play has begun

rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top