Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite season and why?

So I'm wondering what your favourite season is and why!
My favorite is Winter and it's because of the snow.

Comments

• Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Fall (despite the infestation of small furry beasts everywhere) because it's my favorite IRL & 2njzfph.png
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    IRL, I prefer Autumn. But, in my game, I actually prefer Summer (although I like the Fall and Winter festival lots the best).

The reason I like Summer is because it allows my sims to get outside the house more and they can appreciate gardening.

In my game, I have too many weather effects in the other seasons (constant rain, snow, fog, hail). I never get sunny days.

It's tempted me to turn off these options in my game, but I do honestly like weather, just not so much in my game. So, I shorten the days for the other seasons except for Summer.
  • Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    Both winter and summer.

Actually, my favorite season would be winter, because if there's too much snow, your Sims' kids get to stay home from school (AKA Snow days).

Not sure if kids get a break from school in summer.
  • Options
    MACRONAUTMACRONAUT Posts: 200 Member
    I would say winter cuz it makes the town look pretty and the winter interactions that come with it. Although autumn looks good with the tree effects, the thunder storms make me jump :)
  • Options
    gloriaivygloriaivy Posts: 2 New Member
    I am very crazy about winter because winter gives me cool environment.
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I think that's spring. Everything returns to life.. It looks so sweet and nice
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Fall because it's super pretty.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    > @bobyo2001 said:
    > Fall because it's super pretty.

Think about leaves.. It falls all over the town! And it doesn't dissapear
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    Winter is my favorite, I love watching the horses in my ranch out in the snow.
  • Options
    bethany_drownedbethany_drowned Posts: 38 Member
    I like Winter because I ice skate IRL and it's cool to see my Sims do it. XD
    THE DOCTOR LAUGHS AT CHU
    56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif
    Did you try to explain wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff again?
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
    Winter, just because of how quiet and still the world gets. But I tend to like winter in just about all games (Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, ect) so... I'm not too hard to predict.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Now that I have seasons , I actually prefer summer!
  • Options
    X.simsforever.XX.simsforever.X Posts: 107 Member
    Summer, i always cheat and switch to summer. My sims can go out more and it's a bit more realistic for instagram pictures since its almost summer Irl

But otherwise I like fall,especially when i have a big family, the kids get to go trick or treating and carve pumpkins
    and let me say, i find the festival/fair to be very fun.
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Winter, mostly because of the snow. It's my favorite season IRL too, though we don't get much snow in the Pacific NW..
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    KuyakunKuyakun Posts: 58 Member
    I prefer Fall for the falling leaves effect and the change in the foliage. Also enjoy the Halloween festival lulz
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    I like them all but I guess I would have to say the Fall is my favorite as I love Halloween... :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Ooh... I like them all. In real life, my favs would be winter and spring, but in the Sims, I'll have to go with... winter (because winter is always winter, and it's pretty) and fall, because the Halloween festival is pretty neat, and I don't care for the spring and summer festivals that much (especially the spring one).
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    FenrysFenrys Posts: 50 Member
    My favorite is spring, both IRL and in-game. IRL, I like that we're not buried under a ton of snow, and the world coming to life again is just beautiful to see. In-game, it's just nice to have my sim be able to go out and do things.
    Wishlist | Studio

YAAASSS, I can finally have a signature! <3
  • Options
    LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    Both IRL and in game, I like winter because of the look and the extra things you can do. (not to mention IRL I have a natural resistance to cold)

Spring in Sims 3 is annoying when trying to do anything outside (searching for collectables, working on skills when the items they use are outside, etc.), due to the constant rain.
  • Options
    UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    My favourite season is Autumn both IRL and in-game! :)
    "Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
    Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    Spring, because I don't have to worry about negative moodlets when my family paints outside.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    In real it's summer, but in the sims it's autumn - I love the colorful leaves, pumpkin carving and spooky day!

Spring would be a close second, I find the spring festival really fun!
  • Options
    LeoraMartinLeoraMartin Posts: 33 Member
    I think I like winter. Because your sims can build a snowman and stuff like that :D
  • Options
    EvieEvermoreEvieEvermore Posts: 18 Member
    I love spring ! Mostly because of the storms, I love stormy/rainy weather irl . however not having to deal with the freezing or overheated moodlets is nice too.
  • Options
    badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    Summer both in game & irl. Other than the fact that it rains too much in game, I enjoy them all, but can do the most outdoors in summer & spring. I was disappointed that in the trailer, there's tons of sims at the beach in the ocean, but in game whenever I take my sim to the beach to swim in the ocean, my sim is the only one there. I love Spooky Day, the Gift Giving party, the Feast party & Snowflake Day in Fall & Winter.