Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    specialfrieendspecialfrieend Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I am very late to to the game as I see, last week I watched loads of Sims videos and I started to miss the Sims 2 so much I started to search for the alternatives how to get it and I found this topic here, I am really surprised and happy people are still getting it from EA soo I have a question for you - at that time, when we had the Sims 2 on our computer it wasn't original CD. I was around 7 at that time so I don't remeber it properly but now I ordered an original CD (from somebody who already played it). Is it possible for me to get the Ultimate Collection anyway?
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hi! I am very late to to the game as I see, last week I watched loads of Sims videos and I started to miss the Sims 2 so much I started to search for the alternatives how to get it and I found this topic here, I am really surprised and happy people are still getting it from EA soo I have a question for you - at that time, when we had the Sims 2 on our computer it wasn't original CD. I was around 7 at that time so I don't remeber it properly but now I ordered an original CD (from somebody who already played it). Is it possible for me to get the Ultimate Collection anyway?

Yup, just follow the instructions in the first post in this thread. There are still people getting it.
  • Options
    xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I got my Ultimate pack just recently, I'm so happy the customer service was so helpful and fast with it.
  • Options
    Congrats @xHeliodora :) Enjoy your game!
  • Options
    casmr36casmr36 Posts: 8 New Member
    I just got my ultimate collection today :smile:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @casmr36 wrote: »

Congrats! You've read up on how to make sure it runs well on newer computers, yes? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    casmr36casmr36 Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="Rflong7;c-16272981"][quote="@casmr36;c-16272951"]I just got my ultimate collection today :smile: [/quote]

Congrats! You've read up on how to make sure it runs well on newer computers, yes? :mrgreen: [/quote]

No I haven't, I was trying to get my original Sims to install, haha. Any suggested links to catch me up to speed?
  • Options
    casmr36 wrote: »

Congrats enjoy your game!

You will need the graphic rules. Here: https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Sometimes (depending on your graphics card) you might have to alter some files by hand here: http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212

• Options
    macandcheese100macandcheese100 Posts: 22 Member
    I just got my copy of the Ultimate Collection! I used the chat and didn't have to wait at all. I told Rajan that I loved the Sims 2 and that I wasn't able to download the game and expansions on my new laptop. He was really friendly and helpful. He just asked for my account information and added it. Didn't need proof of the game or anything. Rajan is the real mvp. Happy simming!
  • Options
    macandcheese100macandcheese100 Posts: 22 Member
    Update: My little sister was also able to get the UC by doing the same thing as me. The customer service rep asked if she could show proof of purchase with a game code.
  • Options
    tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member
    Just got my copy today! I had EA customer service call me and the lady on the phone was super nice. This was my second try as the first one I filled out a help ticket for Origin and the second time I made a help ticket for the Sims 2. Now to play with the graphics rules so it doesn't crash...
  • Options
    I just got my copy of the Ultimate Collection! I used the chat and didn't have to wait at all. I told Rajan that I loved the Sims 2 and that I wasn't able to download the game and expansions on my new laptop. He was really friendly and helpful. He just asked for my account information and added it. Didn't need proof of the game or anything. Rajan is the real mvp. Happy simming!
    tmcox1242 wrote: »
    Just got my copy today! I had EA customer service call me and the lady on the phone was super nice. This was my second try as the first one I filled out a help ticket for Origin and the second time I made a help ticket for the Sims 2. Now to play with the graphics rules so it doesn't crash...

Awesome! Congrats guys. Enjoy your games! :)
  • Options
    drdooomxxxdrdooomxxx Posts: 17 Member
    I just tried with chat they told me i need proof of code of the game :(
  • Options
    drdooomxxx wrote: »

Keep trying. You need to get the right rep to get it without a game code. There are some that will give it away without it.
  • Options
    SmileYoungSmileYoung Posts: 1 New Member
    Just got the copy 20 minutes ago!!
    You just gave the game code, the advisor added the game with an extra 15% discount coupon!
    So wonderful the experience!
  • Options
    tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member

Definitely keep trying. Make sure you are logged in to your origin account and that you are specifically in the help section for the sims 2. I think they give you the game without the code if they can see that you have another sims game loaded onto origin. Even if you only have sims 3 on disc you can load them into origin. I was not asked at all for a code, she just said something like "I can see that you love the Sims. I can get that for you, let me talk to my supervisor." The first time I asked I had Origin selected as my game and he said it wasn't available, so I think that was my problem, but really it might just be getting the right person.
  • Options
    @SmileYoung Congrats! Enjoy your game. :)
  • Options
    Daniel94Daniel94 Posts: 15 Member
    > @tmcox1242 said:
    > drdooomxxx wrote: »
    >
    > I just tried with chat they told me i need proof of code of the game :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Definitely keep trying. Make sure you are logged in to your origin account and that you are specifically in the help section for the sims 2. I think they give you the game without the code if they can see that you have another sims game loaded onto origin. Even if you only have sims 3 on disc you can load them into origin. I was not asked at all for a code, she just said something like "I can see that you love the Sims. I can get that for you, let me talk to my supervisor." The first time I asked I had Origin selected as my game and he said it wasn't available, so I think that was my problem, but really it might just be getting the right person.

Yes they will, I didnt had sims 2 on origin and lost my disk, my code etc. I told them to look that I have sims 4, all expansions and some stuff packs and they gave me sims 2 ultimate collection withat a code. You just need to prove you love the sims and you really support this game.
  • Options
    Daniel94 wrote: »
    > @tmcox1242 said:
    > drdooomxxx wrote: »
    >
    > I just tried with chat they told me i need proof of code of the game :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Definitely keep trying. Make sure you are logged in to your origin account and that you are specifically in the help section for the sims 2. I think they give you the game without the code if they can see that you have another sims game loaded onto origin. Even if you only have sims 3 on disc you can load them into origin. I was not asked at all for a code, she just said something like "I can see that you love the Sims. I can get that for you, let me talk to my supervisor." The first time I asked I had Origin selected as my game and he said it wasn't available, so I think that was my problem, but really it might just be getting the right person.

Yes they will, I didnt had sims 2 on origin and lost my disk, my code etc. I told them to look that I have sims 4, all expansions and some stuff packs and they gave me sims 2 ultimate collection withat a code. You just need to prove you love the sims and you really support this game.
    im going to try again now
  • Options
    I keep getting unlucky with these reps who need code and disc proof.
  • Options
    I keep getting unlucky with these reps who need code and disc proof.

Just keep trying. Sometimes it has taken people a bunch of times to get the right rep. You are bound to get a good one sooner or later!
  • Options
    greener1435greener1435 Posts: 32 Member
    I just got the Ultimate Collection from a really nice adviser named Shintal! ^-^ Best day I've had in a while tbh haha can't wait to play it!
  • Options
    ofaesimsofaesims Posts: 1 New Member
    I usually don't post on forums but I just really want to share that in February 2018 you can still get the Sims 2 UC for free! I used to own all of the games but between several moves and getting new computers, I've lost them all.

The first customer support I contacted, Shankey, told me it wasn't available and to just buy them all from Amazon, then gave me a 15% off promo code for any other origin game purchase.

The second customer support, Anthony Christian, just asked for my email and sent me the code! He didn't ask for photos or a registration key. He was super friendly and it took hardly any time at all. I'm very excited!!
  • Options
    @greener1435 and @ofaesims congrats on getting the game guys!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I bought a new sims 2 off amazon and I got the Ultimate Collection when I went to chat to get the game put in my origin library
    more for sim kids and more drama please