Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom saw the update, commented over there. I do like it, even if it is sad. You tell great stories. Your puppy is just adorable.

@nabril Sounds like Ariella doesn't need the job anyway. :)

@CK213 Hi...welcome back. Moxie looks like she is having loads of fun dancing away. Cute outfit.

@Silverofdreams30 Tristan is cute! :)

@Namaya92 Beautiful pics from the vacation. :) It looks like a gorgeous place to visit. Wow....such a sad thing to happen. :(

@aricarai yes please. :)

@Faerie197 The cats are cute together. Great that they are getting along. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @astera00 -Hi there!It sounds like you had fun.
    @emorrill -It sounds like you're struggling with the story.I've got a new challenge to start.
    @Mikezumi -THanks for the comment.Great update!
    @Emily4331 -I'm not the only one to work hard on creating worlds.I want to have stable worlds that look great and are very playable.
    @king_Of _simcity7 -I was laways worried about that issue until I got awsomemod in to disable automated school assignment.I love fish and chips though we need to find a place where we can get it as the old one is gone.
    @Silverofdreams30 -I almost installed TS2 CC in my TS3 game though I quickly moved it to my TS2 game before loading up and moved the downloaded copies to the TS2 downloads folder in my desktop folder.Great pictures!Great update!
    @bekkasan -That's just like me as I want my roads to looks the way they should.Thanks for the comment.
    @Nabril -Great update!
    @Charlottesmom -Great picture!Emma looks so cute!Thanks for the comment.
    @CK213 -Welcome back!Great pictures!I've got a clean folder for TS3 though it's got my Mods and CC installed as I only removed saves after copying it.
    @Namaya92 -Great pictures!Great update!
    @Faerie197 -Great update!
    Here's my Logan CAW WIP update.
    I'm doing the finishing touches of terrain painting in my CAW project.
    35809430103_64f9d7f908_c.jpg
    Progress made so far.
    36480824881_cd65f548d3_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    emorrill wrote: »

Yeah, being told "Get over it" rarely actually helps. I myself have spent most of my life struggling with my temper. I've faced a blinding rage that's all consuming and destructive, and crippling depression at an age nobody should ever experience either. I've been suicidal, thankfully some kernel of self preservation always pulled me back from the razor's edge. I can truthfully say that rock and roll has saved my life. It's often positive messages have helped me carry on even when it felt like the whole world was dragging me down into the abyss.

Maybe that's one of the reasons I love The Sims so much. Even when everything is going wrong for your sim family, there's still that feeling of hope. That things will get better, just give it some time. I found it amusing that Bailey started obsessively working on alchemy after Chester's death, apparently trying to discover a way to bring him back. Sure it was sad to see her going to such lengths at the expense of her own health and well being. But even then there was the knowledge that things would improve in time.

In the real world, such depression has no easy fix.

@Faerie197 Just have to send you this virtual hug:

latest?cb=20141029012905
    (^I feel like this has been all of us toward each other on the topic. <3 )

I love the support system we have here...Sims related or not. You all are wonderful. :)

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Too many pages to catch up on again. Phew!
    Awesome'd what I could.

@TadOlson - Thanks :)

@king_of_simcity7 - Thanks :)

@Mikezumi ezumi - Thanks :)

@Charlottesmom -- Seems to be somewhat cooperating right now. We'll see haha.
    Yeah, I thought about just kiling it altogether but I like seeing which wishes he'll get, even if I cancel most/all of them.

Indeed, she is! I think she really grew into those colors!
    My Connor isn't quite so obsessive haha. But I do have my game on low free will.

@Emily4331 -- Indeed! There is no way I could take care of four dogs in RL, let alone even one!
    Well, right now, the horse is boarded at the training center haha (thanks to mods) since there isn't much room at the Frios' place.
    (And Nashira lives with her mother Fortune at the Vargas place; luckily I don't have to care for all three!).

@bekkasan -- Well, the foal version of Nashira is on the Exchange! ;)
    Haha, mine have too... but never out to the backyard! It's like the farthest he could have gone and stayed on the lot :lol:

@coco -- Thanks :)
    I know right? Maybe he is just getting trained early by his father to eat outside in thunderstorms later in life. :lol:

@emorrill -- Great update!

Not much new in my game. But I think Jason is close to master learn to walk and learn to talk! Now I just need to do train on the potty, before his birthday in about six (in-game) months! Connor and Penelope will be busy haha.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2017
    @ Everyone - Great Updates, everyone.

The Mushroom Cloud Chronicles

"The Best Laid Plans O' Mice and Men..."

Bunker, Sunset Valley

Harmon Rabb Jr.: Things in the bunker were particularly tense over the past little while. Especially with Meg and Tosh at each other's throats. Tosh, I know for a fact, doesn't do well in confined spaces. Meg, well, Meg has just been herself and has tried to be a peacemaker, but Tosh isn't going for it. Tosh is a very insular type of guy, he's not a schmoozer like Meg who loves to be a social butterfly. In that respects they're polar opposites. In ideal conditions, polar opposites do attract, but these are definitely not ideal conditions. And everyone is starting to feel a bit strained. And telling Tosh to lighten up and open up more...is a great way to ignite Tosh's temper. Nina being hot-headed doesn't help either. She's gotten on Tosh's bad side too complaining about everything under the sun. Lia and our newest recruit, River, have slipped into orbit around Tosh trying to bring him out of his shell. Lia isn't an extrovert either and will probably do well in befriending Tosh and I've noticed that River's quiet too, although she's much younger than Tosh. They'd make a great pair. So would Lia and Tosh. Me, I've been hanging out with Mac and Meg. They've been my friends for the longest time, but Mac really doesn't like Meg. Mac has always been the possessive type. Who knows how this will play out?
    Screenshot-13.jpgScreenshot-14.jpgScreenshot-18.jpgScreenshot-22.jpg Harmon Rabb Jr.: To be honest, I don't know how Meg has been taking the split with Tosh. They've been friends for a long time, but the stresses with this nuclear war and the life in the bunker have taken a toll on the two of them. I know Tosh has a few years on me (he's older than me by a couple of years) but he's been looking a lot older lately. A lot more strained and stressed out.
    Screenshot-20.jpgScreenshot-23.jpg Harmon Rabb Jr.: All I know is that he's been spending a lot of time beating up planks of wood. Coming up with bruised palms and barked knuckles. And a look on his face that warns people off from talking to him. Frankly, the only one brave enough in this bunker to talk to him is AJ and even AJ tries to keep from lighting him off too. So we sit here in this bunker, doing nothing but reading and eating and sleeping, wondering what life is like top-side.
    Screenshot-24.jpgScreenshot-25.jpgScreenshot-26.jpgScreenshot-27.jpgScreenshot-28.jpg House, Vancouver, BC

Dwayne Cassius Pride:We knew that we would have to get someone to help. The only member of the line of succession that we were able to save was Secretary of the Navy Edward Sheffield. We're not the tightest of friends, but I know him and I know that he's a good man. And it's kind of funny that he looks like an older version of a guy who I once saw in a TV show. Sometimes I bug him by calling him Al, just for giggles. That royally 🐸🐸🐸🐸 him off.
    Screenshot-3.jpgScreenshot-4.jpgScreenshot-6.jpg Dwayne Cassius Pride: Since the West Coast and East Coast Fleets got decimated by nuclear warheads, I don't know just how much SECNAV can help us, but it didn't take very much convincing. SECNAV knows Rabb and is familiar with my friend Toshio Nakamura, so he promised that he could do what he could to give us a hand with the rescue operation.
    Screenshot-7.jpgScreenshot-8.jpgScreenshot-10.jpgScreenshot-11.jpgScreenshot-12.jpg Dwayne Cassius Pride: With his help, we might actually have a fighting chance at getting our friends out of there.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Just a note: Part of this "cleanup" involves packing stuff in preparation for a move that we don't know what's going to happen. We currently rent, the house is up for sale and we don't know what the timeline is. In point...right now, Not knowing where we're going and when we're supposed to make a move is mainly a cause of why I'm stressed, angry and frustrated; not a good combination to be in. We're looking for places, but the BC rental market is over-inflated. So forgive me if I don't comment too often, because there are other things weighing down my mind. My updates are to keep my mind off this impending stress-load...just so that I don't crack-up. Normally I'm not going to say much about my home life, but I just wanted to let you know that i'm going to probably be "on edge" for a while, until this thing settles down. I will "awesome" what I do see. But for right now, my Sims game-play is pretty much to keep my stress-level down and for me to keep on an even keel, because I don't want to light off.

The Chikamori Legacy
    Aidann Ages Up and Alanna's Day Out.

Not much happened after Yasunobu's passing other than the typical mundane day to day things. Haruo went out to tend the garden (a daily chore) and fishing in their backyard lake. The kids however took the death of their grandfather very hard.
    Screenshot-5.jpgScreenshot-6.jpgScreenshot-8.jpgScreenshot-9.jpg When he wasn't consoling the kids, Haruo spent some time on the piano, pouring out his emotion into the music.
    Screenshot-10.jpgScreenshot-12.jpgScreenshot-13.jpg Aidann did however have one special day which came pretty quickly after his grandfather's passing. He aged up from teen to adult.
    Screenshot-19.jpgScreenshot-20.jpgScreenshot-21.jpgScreenshot-22.jpg It was suprising just how much Aidann filled out as a young man and Bella definitely appreciated his new look. Aidann immediately went and got himself a job as a "test subject" at the research center in order to fulfill his wish to go into the science career and fulfill his lifetime wish to become a Creature/Robot Cross-Breeder.
    Screenshot-25.jpgScreenshot-27.jpg He ran into his Uncle Satoshi after getting a job and talked to him for a while...then headed home.
    Screenshot-28.jpgScreenshot-29.jpg A week went by and things started to settle down at the Chikamori household. The weekend was a quiet time where the individual members of the Chikamori family did their own thing.
    Screenshot-38.jpgScreenshot-39.jpg Alanna went out to get herself a facial and ended up running into Skip Broke with whom she chatted for a while.
    Screenshot-43.jpgScreenshot-44.jpg Then she headed to the Diner to grab a bite to eat as it was starting to get late and the next day was school.
    Screenshot-46.jpgScreenshot-47.jpg Things seem to always be quiet in the cemetery at night...no paranormal activity recently. Screenshot-48.jpgScreenshot-49.jpgScreenshot-50.jpg And...Monday morning started off a new week of study.
    Screenshot-51.jpgScreenshot-52.jpgScreenshot-53.jpg And hopefully things should settle down until Brayden comes home from Smuggsworth Prep after graduating.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Mikezumi haha yeah he probably should had done that but I
    were to lazy to tell him lol. Great udpates as usual.

@king_of_simcity7 I tried fish and chips when I went to UK in July really good.

@bekkasan Thanks

@TadOlson Yeah sometimes its not clear enough which game the cc is for, great update

@Nikkei_Simmer Great update as usual

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @TadOlson Great update.

@Mikezumi I enjoyed the update. Congrats to Tristram on graduating and being Valedictorian. Daffodil yellow is not Beau's color! But, who is looking at his hair color anyway? :love: They party was nicely attended and yes, awesome that they actually had a pool for a pool party. :) Brone and Jeremy are so cute together. The pic of the photo taking is one I don't recall seeing before, cute. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer I rather imagine that confined space among so many diverse personalities could create it's own mini nuke at times...emotional nuke that is. :) I do enjoy the way you have the characters describing how things are and how they are feeling. Love your writing. Aidann 'growed' up into a hot bodied young man!!
    Sorry to hear about your pending move and the upheaval that it is causing. It is that unknown thing that none of us like dealing with. It would be easier all around if you knew you had to be gone by x date. Good luck with finding a new place. We would have to move off island if we had that happen as the real estate is so expensive now, even in our old neighborhood of ranch homes. I do agree that the Sims, and the friends in this thread, is what helps keep me even when I get stressed with hubby's illness, my job, my Dad's illness and death and life in general. I have a rotten temper at times and sometimes just have to let go or I feel like I will explode like one of your bombs. It is safer to explode in my sims game or kill some critters on the xbox. :)

It was a quiet night for the thread, I only had 8 notifications this morning. Finished my comments in record time and I'm like what do I do before getting ready for work....clean kitchen...nope, vacuum....nope....clean bathroom....nope. :) Work on sorting pictures.....yes! lol. :) Have a great day simming or working.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi and @Nikkei_Simmer Nice pictures :smile:

@TadOlson Good progress from CAW I have started my new world today as well :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Happy Thursday/Friday (depending on your location in the world)... ;)

:smiley: Likes/Awesomes for all....even if I don't directly comment :smiley:

@Emily4331 , I actually prefer YA Mia, her coloring is just better to my eye. Throw her in a deep red bordering on maroon outfit and she'd be a stunner (more stunning actually..) ;)

@TadOlson , When I was a kid we lived on a farm, nearest neighbor was not even visible, we always had big dogs but I think it was just a personal decision, they were always inside with us and never chained out so safe regardless. I think it depends on you approach the care of the dog, will it be an indoor dog or an outdoor dog (which I personally do not agree with but we will not get into that). Indoor dogs who go out with you to play or for walks on leash should be safe because they are always with you regardless of their size. :)
    **Great CAW update!

@coco , I like the look of the strange Riverview house too, I would love to redo it into a haunted house, it just has that type of look to me. I love Cullen, he's a interesting one for sure, cruddy traits and all. Most of that kissing was all them, I think I goosed one kiss between Cullen and Aaron, for picture purposes.

@Mikezumi , Great...now I want cookies!! Dang you Jordan and your cravings!
    **Shannon moving in....Hmmmmm, next step marriage?? ;)
    **I LOVE the name Adelina!! She looks like a super cutie, I adore her already! <3
    **The outfit you have Adelina in is adorable, I hope I have that one as it is too cute.
    **Wait, you're actually looking at *stars*? ;)
    **Interesting paintings by Lotta and Rune!
    **Beau's exercise outfit!! :blush: NICE!!
    **Tristram aged up wonderfully!!
    **Awwwwwww! The picture of you SS holding Adelina! <3
    **The Jordan and Shannon sparring picture brings back memories of your Jordan/Cliff save! though Jordan was the elder and Shannon was the young un!
    **My poor Sims have NO privacy in the least, I even sneak under the covers at times...freaky stuff going on! :o
    **I make a point to never make cheesecake for the same reason...my sister's husband make wonderful cheesecake but only for our Christmas party.
    **Not a good look for Beau...the bright yellow hair...I hate booby traps!
    **LOL!! Rune looks like he's hurting himself working out on the barre!
    **The bowling shots!!

@Karritz , I'm learning a lot about the toddler items from you! :)
    **Happy Birthday Kathleen!
    **Harry's house looks like it's pretty expensive for the poor part of town.
    **Wonderful update, so much going on!
    **Yeah! A new video, will watch in a few..

@bekkasan , Too true, I spend way too much time here (according to the husband) I would, I predict, get totally addicted to Facebook in one way or another so it's good I have no desire to even have an account.
    **I agree, @Mikezumi 's SS and Shannon do look cute together! ;)
    **I still like the evil little invisible goobers...they do look a little shifty at times though!
    **Sims 3 files are of course important files!! ;)

@king_of_simcity7 , Good gravy a train!! I am going to get Beach City!! Rflong7 outdid herself! :smiley:
    **That is one huge portion of fish! looks yummy!

@blazerntq , 2 kids + one computer = mom gets she short end of the stick! Glad you will get more playtime when they are in school!
    **You sound like me when we were growing up, we were pretty darn poor and new clothes generally were bought for back to school, we got to pick out two outfits and shoes each, that was it. My eldest goes back to his last year of college next week, the others start up at the end of the month. My youngest is starting his first year of High School!! Where did the time go?!? Enjoy them when they are little, seriously, time flies so fast when you have kiddos! :'(

@lisasc360 , could you try Amazon or ebay for the graphics card?
    **I love Lunar Lakes, must try to set up another story there, since the last story I was setting up for playing there went kaplooey.

@Silverofdreams30 , Cool house!
    **I like your new Sim, I look forward to seeing what he gets up to...
    **The restaurant is really cool!

@Namaya92 , Wonderfully pretty pictures of Croatia, I'm sure the shopkeepers loved all those tourists, were you not also a tourist? ;) . I feel the same way every year when we head to Nantucket but try to remember we are tourists also, but agree crowds are off putting when you want to see the sights and relax.

@Faerie197, Lovely kitties! I find the name Kitten very cute.

@Nikkei_Simmer , Great updates from both stories.

Yeah caught up! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I know it doesn't look like much at the moment but here are the first steps to building my new world. I am going to build the island around the lots and a few places will be borrowed from Simbourne. So far the world has the temporary name 'Simfu' :smile:

20861730_10154802900716497_4813094444950652996_o.jpg?oh=0254903ec3dbf1e01047a1bd1bafa3b2&oe=5A397014

20819034_10154802901036497_5404455951386629835_o.jpg?oh=13b25f101d7b6e605e72722e4c7f7acb&oe=59ED8E3C

20863450_10154802900721497_5451028498362271018_o.jpg?oh=04c8b3ab4719180a337ceadcdb3a7c7b&oe=59EFF9D2
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Charlottesmom Thanks, tristan is added to the world in thee hes married and has two kids, a toddler and a teen, might
    see him out and about sometimes.

@king_of_simcity7 Nice photos

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks or the comment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Awesome! You are building a new world. Excited to see it. Hope that you have a lot of fun with it.
  • Options
    @blazerntq Thanks I was a bit rusty at first as it has been a long time that I have started anything from scratch!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @king_of_simcity7 , I have a question about Beach City, I downloaded it today and it is a whole map of just lots, blank lots no buildings or anything, not that that bothers me as I most like would have obliterated everything and set it up how I like anyways...Should there be buildings/houses when you download the map? I do play on Steam so maybe that is the issue but I have all EPs and SPs and a good 3/4 of the store items....it's the first custom world I ever added to my game so not quite sure how it is supposed to look.

Edited to add, I just downloaded Isle of Sims 3 and it works fine all building are there...
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom When I downloaded it I noticed that as well. It turns out there are two versions, the empty one of for players to build their own stuff on it but the other complete version is still there
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Here is only one update for today.

[img][/img]JmYSeKG.jpg

I let them move to a more manageable house for me

[img][/img]G4qQR3j.jpg

As it is summer Lucas and alistair went to the local pool

[img][/img]zMdbCa5.jpg

Random townies out and about ( edited)

[img][/img]gBYqC1e.jpg

I gave Thornton a new summer outfit

[img][/img]phjIUcM.jpg

[img][/img]EErCFXf.jpg

He also visited the gym

Short update

• Options
    @Charlottesmom When I downloaded it I noticed that as well. It turns out there are two versions, the empty one of for players to build their own stuff on it but the other complete version is still there

@king_of_simcity7 , Thank you for letting me know, will get the other version as soon as everything is working again, can't get to my page or the exchange or even here, luckily I had a tab open with the board before everything went gonzo! :s
  • Options
    ok I have one more update, got a few more screens before closing for today.

[img][/img]PzRwNUO.jpg

[img][/img]0FjlrZ5.jpg

Boys were good and did their homework without me not telling them to.

[img][/img]ffpmNul.jpg

Cool painting someone made

[img][/img]FRtSX6U.jpg

skyler and smokey was hungry

[img][/img]UGdeD11.jpg

Later both were asleep

[img][/img]qDfSHdu.jpg

Ava followed the boys do do some night fishing

[img][/img]NsWUkMk.jpg

They all catched fish

[img][/img]KJN2XFm.jpg

painting on the wall

[img][/img]IQmhB5L.jpg

Next morning Alistair went up early and made breakfast

[img][/img]TnrkKWO.jpg

Thornton took care of dishes

[img][/img]ppFdlLd.jpg

Ava slept longer and had a late breakfast.

Thornton will age up soon but I already got him a young again potion so he can be a young adult
    some more.

All for now

• Options
    @king_of_simcity7 , Was able to download Beach City with all the goodies, it is a Wonderful world!!! Your pictures talked me into it, so thank you very much! :smiley:
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Faerie197 Kitties!!

@Emily4331 I think the face needs to be a little rounder. Maybe. I'll have to dig up a movie she's in and watch it.
    ****Emily and Lucy look great. Maybe Zooey's hair just needs to be a little darker. It's getting closer, though (at least in my opinion).
    ****Sorry you had a bad lunch, and such an non-understanding aunt. Being told to "get over" mental illness is like being told that social anxiety and almost severe introversion can be cured by spending more time around people. :/

@thuggishsplicer Thanks!! Although, technically, Jake is my aunt's cat. I always post pictures of him and his sister, Maya, when I cat-sit. Am thinking of starting a Social Media Trifecta (Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram), but the IG posts would be few and far between (not that my Facebook and Twitter posts aren't).

@Ainstein44 *waves*

@Littledreamer1994 Kitties!! And ghost kitties!!

@Mikezumi Nice to see your SS is getting a little action.

@Nikkei_Simmer When you buy Dragon Valley, splurge on the Gold Edition, so you get the Duke of Bows lot. If you have both DV an DoB, you unlock a special dragon that you can't get with just DV.

@emorrill *hugs* Glad you're back to Simming. Also, is it just me, or does Catarina look a little green?

@Charlottesmom I'm not entirely unsure I don't have one already. Or I could just keep buying Trait Chip bundles as LTR.
    ****Sweet little puppy!

@Karritz *hugs* So sorry to hear about your cat. If it had cancer, any self-respecting vet would have put it down for you instead of refusing and making both it and you suffer for years.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So. Many. Posts.

Sorry I kind of went AWOL for a while. I forgot to mention that I was taking a few days off to go to the State Fair.

The triplets and their IFs were moved out. (Not sure if I mentioned that before I left. Or if it even happened before I left.) The next baby was born (a mermaid boy). Merman? Merperson boy? As much as I like the idea of mermaids, they're very high maintenance, even with the Permanent Mermaid LTR. I may just let the chips fall where they may with that one, even if it means him drying out or losing her mer-ness.

At some point in the near future I'm going to be participating in a gift exchange, so I won't be playing my current family. It might not be until next month, though.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top