Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Account update today has deleted items

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
edited December 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
My origin account updated today and when I entered my sims house I got a message that said Items Removed.. one or more items may not be installed on your computer or the origin account that is currently logged in does not own these items. One build mode item has been removed.
has this happened to anyone else.. only happened after the update.

Oh and by the way I don't have any cc build items in that house..

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2014
    Deleted
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2014
    Actually any patch - whether it is Origin or the game - you should remove your mod folder before you update a patch. If you have any issues you can probably fix your game by removing the mod folder and going to Origin and run a Repair game fix. The problem isn't what house you are in but the fact the mod folder was in your game when you updated. You are supposed to remove that folder period when you update if you have any mods or CC in it..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    just restart your game. happens to me everytime i patch. once you restart you'll have all your stuff back :)
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually any patch - whether it is Origin or the game - you should remove your mod folder before you update a patch. If you have any issues you can probably fix your game by removing the mod folder and going to Origin and run a Repair game fix. The problem isn't what house you are in but the fact the mod folder was in your game when you updated. You are supposed to remove that folder period when you update if you have any mods or CC in it..

Took me a bit to figure out I could turn off the automatic updates so I could give myself time to remove the mods folder. It defaults to automatically update.

If you open Origin and under Origin in upper left corner there is a choice called application settings, in that uncheck automatically keep my games up to date. This makes sure you get the chance to remove mod folder before you update.

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have mine set to auto update also I wasn't expecting a update. I reinstalled it so its good now.. thanks for the reply s :)

thanks Ashkevron I turned the updates off
  • Options
    elane2001elane2001 Posts: 1 New Member
    Today, 3/4/2015, I downloaded the latest origin update, like I have done in the past. However, this time it deleted everything and SIMS 4 is booting up like it was first loaded and starting from scratch. Is there anyway to get back what I have created?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    elane2001 wrote: »
    Today, 3/4/2015, I downloaded the latest origin update, like I have done in the past. However, this time it deleted everything and SIMS 4 is booting up like it was first loaded and starting from scratch. Is there anyway to get back what I have created?

The last update (which was last week) did not have anything to do with the game. It was an update to Origins website. If you lost everything you may have done something w/o knowing to cause it.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    elane2001 wrote: »
    hi @elane2001 and welcome i have seen a couple of others report this problem. first exit the game reboot the system to help the update fully install and try the game if you still have the error come up see if rolling back your save helps http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

• Options
    AshMGAshMG Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having this problem for a long time now. After Origin updated it site I haven't been able to use my mods in build mode and I keep getting this when I start playing "one or more create a sim item's and build mode item's have been removed. The item's may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these item's".
    I've taking all of my mods out of my folder and repaired the game, deleted saved games and it still does the same thing.
    Someone please help.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Someone else had this problem and Rosemow helped her out here... maybe it will help you.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910139/my-game-has-completely-reset/p1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    AshMG wrote: »
    I've been having this problem for a long time now. After Origin updated it site I haven't been able to use my mods in build mode and I keep getting this when I start playing "one or more create a sim item's and build mode item's have been removed. The item's may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these item's".
    I've taking all of my mods out of my folder and repaired the game, deleted saved games and it still does the same thing.
    Someone please help.

Hello @AshMG
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    AshMGAshMG Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried that and my downloads still don't work. But if it is a brand new one it works which I don't understand.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I tried that and my downloads still don't work. But if it is a brand new one it works which I don't understand.

Is this happening when you enter the Science lot from GTW? I used to have that problem. I don't know if it's fixed.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Hello
    Try downloading new copies of your old cc and testing to see if you can use those In bulld mode.
  • Options
    Kittykat33Kittykat33 Posts: 1 New Member
    No offence to all of you, but YOU JUST MADE MY PROBLEM WORSE! I tried some different things and all my sims and saved worlds are gone. I actually freaking cried. Not only did i lose my CC I also lost all my sims. I saved 1 to the gallery and I don't even know if that's still there. :,(
  • Options
    Kittykat33 wrote: »
    No offence to all of you, but YOU JUST MADE MY PROBLEM WORSE! I tried some different things and all my sims and saved worlds are gone. I actually freaking cried. Not only did i lose my CC I also lost all my sims. I saved 1 to the gallery and I don't even know if that's still there. :,(

Hello
    What was the issue that you were having and what did you do to try to fix the issue?
  • Options
    kaitycat929kaitycat929 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issue. My wife and I have spent MONTHS on sims 4 and have put many hours into the game. as soon as we updated this last time every single sim we had was gone. It was really upsetting for us considering all the time we put into our people. Now we have to start all over.
  • Options
    I am having the same issue. My wife and I have spent MONTHS on sims 4 and have put many hours into the game. as soon as we updated this last time every single sim we had was gone. It was really upsetting for us considering all the time we put into our people. Now we have to start all over.

Hello @kaitycat929
    Try rolling back to an earlier version of your save game file and see if that helps the issue. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue remains
  • Options
    containsnicotinecontainsnicotine Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi.
    I'm sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, but I cannot find a way to contact EA other than the Chat Help offered on ea.com. I did just that yesterday morning (July 30) and the chat window has displayed the message 'Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon.' for close to 36 hours.
    My Origin game library is empty and I have a suspicion that it's because I have another account that I cannot access. It was set up on an old email account that I abandoned after it became a paid service. So any attempt to 'reset password' requires that old account which no longer exists.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense as I have mental health and memory issues.
    I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi.
    I'm sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, but I cannot find a way to contact EA other than the Chat Help offered on ea.com. I did just that yesterday morning (July 30) and the chat window has displayed the message 'Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon.' for close to 36 hours.
    My Origin game library is empty and I have a suspicion that it's because I have another account that I cannot access. It was set up on an old email account that I abandoned after it became a paid service. So any attempt to 'reset password' requires that old account which no longer exists.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense as I have mental health and memory issues.
    I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Thank you.

Hello @containsnicotine
    Your game is linked to the origin account that you used when first registering the game. You are unable to access them using a different origin account.
    I am sorry :( You will need to be in touch with EA Help to ask of they could move your games into your account. The live chat may not be as busy now, because it isn't the weekend.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited August 2017
    Kittykat33 wrote: »

It sounds like you deleted your TS4 folder. Try to find it in your Recycle Bin and restore it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    containsnicotinecontainsnicotine Posts: 6 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > containsnicotine wrote: »
    >
    > Hi.
    > I'm sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, but I cannot find a way to contact EA other than the Chat Help offered on ea.com. I did just that yesterday morning (July 30) and the chat window has displayed the message 'Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon.' for close to 36 hours.
    > My Origin game library is empty and I have a suspicion that it's because I have another account that I cannot access. It was set up on an old email account that I abandoned after it became a paid service. So any attempt to 'reset password' requires that old account which no longer exists.
    >
    >
    > I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense as I have mental health and memory issues.
    > I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @containsnicotine
    > Your game is linked to the origin account that you used when first registering the game. You are unable to access them using a different origin account.
    > I am sorry :( You will need to be in touch with EA Help to ask of they could move your games into your account. The live chat may not be as busy now, because it isn't the weekend.

My issue has now been resolved. Thanks again for your time.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > containsnicotine wrote: »
    >
    > Hi.
    > I'm sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, but I cannot find a way to contact EA other than the Chat Help offered on ea.com. I did just that yesterday morning (July 30) and the chat window has displayed the message 'Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon.' for close to 36 hours.
    > My Origin game library is empty and I have a suspicion that it's because I have another account that I cannot access. It was set up on an old email account that I abandoned after it became a paid service. So any attempt to 'reset password' requires that old account which no longer exists.
    >
    >
    > I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense as I have mental health and memory issues.
    > I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @containsnicotine
    > Your game is linked to the origin account that you used when first registering the game. You are unable to access them using a different origin account.
    > I am sorry :( You will need to be in touch with EA Help to ask of they could move your games into your account. The live chat may not be as busy now, because it isn't the weekend.

My issue has now been resolved. Thanks again for your time.

It is great that the issue has been resolved :)