Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

8 Expansions I Would Like to See in the Sims 4

Maxwell_CollinsMaxwell_Collins Posts: 143 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
[8/26/2016] Just fixing up some issues with writing and the like. Because why not. I haven't visited for awhile...

[6/4/2016]
I am legitimately surprise that, after all this time, people are still commenting on this thread. It really is amazing that this still has relevance even after several content packs and expansions. For that, I'm considering revisiting this thread with revised concepts and concept corrections (i.e. misinterpretations of terms due to a lack of understanding of what they meant).
Also, maybe you can list an expansion/game pack you would like to see in the future, so that this thread can get even bigger! I'm going to try and profile each of the ideas represented to the best of my ability in an after section.
Again, thank you, everyone. It really is amazing... :'(

NEWS FLASH: I'm rewriting the DragonSim concept I did awhile back, so feel free to leave suggestions below or on the old version page, found here. Also, I'm writing the Unknown Magics and Supernatural expansion threads, and the ideas I'm brainstorming are vastly expanded/recreated as I go on, so input on any of these expansions is essentially required at this point, so definitely leave your feedback below. Also check out Magic is Coming. @MasonGamer really went over the top with this idea, and is half of the inspiration for the two Magic-Based expansions I came up with. Heck, I might just redo my entire write-up just because of the ideas he put forth!

Alright, list time!
Today, I'll be going over eight expansion ideas I would like to see added in an expansion for the Sims 4.
Rules:
  • I will limit the amount of previous expansions on this list. The only reason I would include any of these is on this list is if they were especially memorable, or they would make sense for the mechanics in the game currently, i.e. works perfectly for a non-open-world map. New features are a must!
  • I will try to choose ideas that are of large scale. Content like Toddlers by themselves would be excluded, unless they are either a major or minor edition to the expansion, but they cannot be the only major feature for the expansion.
  • Not everything in each expansion idea will be listed. These ideas are just expanding concepts, and every aspect of each expansion can't be listed. As such, assume that there is much more to each expansion than is listed. If you want to add extra details, feel free to leave your ideas below.
Now that that's settled, let's begin.

EDIT: As I release threads regarding any of these topics, I will leave a link!
  1. Generations: This is an odd one. Already, we visit an expansion that already exists. Perusal, this expansion is pretty much a requirement for a hardcore Sims fan. As for editions, let's see a small mini-list
    - New CAS options, i.e. Canes for Elders
    - New Traits: Rebellious and Nurturing
    - New Life State: Imaginary Friend
    - Plus many more!
    Now, here's something new:
    - New Life State: Immortal, a Sim who cannot die by any means, even if he doesn't want to live.
    - Inheritance: Not only would the oldest surviving member (or the designated member) of the family inherit the possessions of their dead parents, but also the potential road to stardom if the parent was of exceptional renown. Choose wisely, as not every member of the family is good of heart! NOTE: I'm not sure if this has been implemented as of yet, 1) because I haven't played the game legit in months, and 2) EA does not release patch notes in Origin like Steam does (and it's very easy to find them on Steam)

Short mini-list? That's all I can really give this expansion. [i]P.S.: I didn't add toddlers. I forgot why I didn't, other than that it was suggested far too much during the initial launch year. Maybe that was it, since I mentioned it just a few lines above...[/i]
  2. Unknown Magics: This ought to be interesting! There hasn't been a true magic-based expansion since Makin' Magic, and I think it's about time we've seen another! Unknown Magics follows not just the mundane magics of fantasy, but also another, more mysterious energy field. Nothing will be the same in the world of the Sims 4! Features:
    - New CAS options, purchasable in-game or to select Life States, revolving around the magics hiding in plain sight.
    - New Traits: Magically Attuned (Able to use spells without becoming a Witch first; unlock-able by any Sim), Magic Skeptic (can become a magic hunter, hunting those who use magic of any sort), holy (blessed by the light of the world)
    - New Life States: White and Black Witch (a stackable Life State, meaning it can be stacked with other life states), Magic Construct (can only be harmed by magic, but otherwise immortal Sims), Magic Anomaly (a shapeshifting energy-based Sim, unkillable in all forms). NOTE: I do feel that Ghosts fit this description extremely well.
    - New Careers: Magic Hunters (exposing Magic users and silencing them in any way possible, death or not), Magic Guardian (opposite of Magic Hunters, protecting the magical world while also preventing the mundane world from discovering the magical one).
    - Hundreds of new objects and items to buy and collect!
    - New Neighborhood: The Blessed Valley, a town surrounded in hidden secrets, and hidden dangers. Is your Sim prepared?

I tried to display a theme of Modern/Mundane vs. Magic, similar to many modern day fantasies based in our world. An overall interesting concept, and a link to another expansion in line!
    EDIT: Mundane, as I learned later, is actually a term used to describe the real world. The mundane world is the human world, and a magical one is Hogwarts, to have an example.
    Also, the Separation of White and Black Witches was present in the Sims 2, but not in the Sims 3. Just need to clarify that...

3. Wildlife Park: What, expected a Pet expansion? No, this is bigger: Build a Zoo and potentially recreate SeaWorld (with better morality, that is!). Oh, the memories of Zoo Tycoon... There's a lot to cover, so let me explain:
    - Build a themed Zoo from the ground up, and adopt animals from all across the world, from cute lemurs to graceful Orcas! Create every building from the ground up, create enclosures, and deep tanks. Build the park at the shore, and maybe you can section part of the sea off for an even bigger exhibit for larger whales.
    - New Lot Type: Massive: One of the largest lots that can be created, spanning a colossal 520 x 520!! On sea side lots, enclosed harbors can be created for even more massive parks! Turns out that, in real life, this is a real bad idea...
    - New Careers: Zoo Keeper (Care for animals in another Zoo), Park Manager (a side career that allows you to build your very own park!).
    - New Hobby: Diving (Look for sunken treasure on reef lots), Animal Training (Works alongside the Zoo Keeper or Park Manager careers).
    - New Traits: Natural Keeper, Animal Lover, Animalistic (can imitate animals, or even think you are one)
    - New Neighborhood: Shoreside
    - Thousands of new objects, many with unique functions, plus hundreds of new items to acquire and collect!
    - New Life State: Merfolk (yes, not Mermaid. This is a definite visual and gameplay upgrade, mentioned in my Occult Sims Super Thread)
    - New Life State: Shapeshifter: Can take the form of an animal ego, chosen in CAS. Forms could include Wolf, Panther, Komodo Dragon, Bird, and Salamander. This will come back later...

What a concept. But, please don't rip off Zoo Tycoon. Think of something crazier!

Personal Note: Although, in current times, Orca Breeding is being phased out of SeaWorld, I would recommend that the breeding remain in this incarnation for all animals, including Orcas. Not only is this for gameplay consistency, but, to me, it's not something I fully support. I swear, people simply don't think clearly when regarding Blackfish (a movie I personally don't like), considering the massive inconsistencies with how it is presented. Yet we are perfectly okay with confining an Elephant to the size equivalent of a glorified Prison Cell. In the USA. Logic?
  4. Zero Gravity: Rockets, you say? You'd be right, plus a plethora of ways to make it better! This is a Space-Themed expansion dealing with Near-Earth orbit. Sorry, kids, no moon landing here! Now, here is where things get interesting:
    - An anomaly has appeared in Near-Earth Orbit. What is it? Prepare for the ride, as a new neighborhood is just over the horizon: Gravity Station! Enjoy the view, and be sure to visit the townsfolk, who might have an interesting story to tell. Chances are... they'll be here awhile.
    - New Adventure: Mystery of Gravity Station! Where did it come from? Who built it? Why are most of the inhabitants human? And, more importantly, where did the builders go? Uncover the clues, and you might be surprised by the results!
    - New Careers: Space Engineer (plan starships for a living), Xenobiologist (who were the builders?)
    - New CAS options
    - Hundreds of themed objects, and tons of items to collect
    - New Life State: Alien (a varied group, unlike previous incarnations), Transformed Alien (Aliens that used to be human... morbid...) NEWS FLASH: Aliens have been added as of Get to Work. They were not as I had hoped, but they are in the game. Still, the primary ideas are still here for those interested...

What more is there to add. It's space. Be creative.
  5. Supernatural: You knew this was coming! As before, everything from the original Supernatural expansion returns. Let's list the more important highlights:
    - Returning Life States: Werewolf, Vampire, Fairy, Zombie, Toad Sim Have I missed any?
    - Playable Ghosts Has yet to bee added. Get moving, devs!
    - Addition of Supernaturals to CAS
    - Loads of extra content
    Since Witches were mentioned in a previous idea, they won't be included in this entry. However, Witches get some extra perks, plus a few other special additions:
    - Witches gain access to a collection of new White, Black, Elemental, and Unique spells. Not only that, they also gain unique perks from other life states, even if they are not part of this expansion.
    - Expanded Supernaturals in CAS, meaning that owners of Supernatural will be able to start out with life states not covered in this expansion, before and after the fact.
    - New Life States: DragonSim (Pure Dragons that can take the from of Sims, but Sims can become Dragons by means of a special ritual), Bigfoot, Half-Breed (half animal, half Sim)

And... return the next day with more work...
    P.S.: I still want my DragonSim, EA! Even better, the concept I have now fits within the context of the Sims Franchise. And ten times as cute... possibly... I'm cruel.
  6. Foreign Identities: Controversial? It won't matter if it's done right! This expansion isn't just a vacation expansion, this is Foreign Identities, far vaster than previous expansions of its kind. Highlights:
    - New Foreign Vacation Spots: France, Egypt, China, Mesopotamia (Middle East), South Africa, Central America, Russia, United Kingdom, Hawaii, and Alaska
    - New Cultures: Native American (with a unique style and beliefs), European, Middle Eastern (whatever you do, NO STEREOTYPES!!!), Russian, and Inuit in Alaska (although they are more associated with Canada).
    - New CAS options, inspired by foreign styles and customs
    - New Traits, inspired by the cultures in which the traits come from, similar to how World Adventures used hidden traits to define people natural to the region in which they live. Except they can be added in CAS...
    - New Lots: Catacombs and Tombs, containing randomly generated layouts that refresh with every visit.
    - New Skills, such as Martial Arts and Tomb Raiding (I regret nothing!)
    - New Life States: Mummy (varied based on culture), Abominable Snowman (Yeti variant of Bigfoot)
    - Tons of new objects and items to acquire!

I can already see the pitchforks waving out there. *sigh* Please don't hurt me...
  7. New Media: Showtime, anyone? Basically, this expansion picks up where Showtime left off, err... expanding of the concepts it showed off. So, let's begin, shall we?
    - New Neighborhood: Starlight Shores, the neighborhood that featured in the original expansion.
    - New CAS options, inspired by modern media
    - New Professions: Singer, Magician, Acrobat
    - New System: New Media: Take center stage as a media sensation! Release new albums, commission art online, and participate in one of the biggest sensations of the new age: YouTube (Not really, this is just a placeholder name, but you know what I mean...)! You can even get sponsored by big names to produce even more media!
    - New Skills: Animation (works with multiple different careers and professions involving video), DJ ADDED!!, Synths (electronic music making), Songwriting and Singing (can be coupled with every musical skill/career/profession) Added in the Base Game, Gaming (can help with content creation for YouTube) technically already part of the game..., Video Production (required to make successful videos)
    - Hundreds of new objects, including customizable Computer Rigs with several different choose-able components.
    - New Life State: Genie

Looks like fun? It is.
  8. Ultimate CAS Collection: Not specifically a true expansion, rather a collection of CAS parts and special Sim Life States. As such, there isn't an over-encompassing theme in this expansion. Go Wild!
    - Choose from a large array of new CAS options, plus the use of new, unique, functional options, each with unique mechanics, such as Portable Game Systems for entertainment and Umbrellas for use in the rain.
    - New Life States: Servos (with elements of the Plumbots), PlantSim
    - Edit all of your outfits for your Sim, even those you normally wouldn't see!

*Whew* Three days is all it took! Feel free to leave your ideas below, and happy Simmin'!
My YouTube Channel
Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page
Lunispellweaver (will try to change it)

Some of my Threads:
DragonSim

Post edited by Maxwell_Collins on

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    @SelenaGrey - I love mermaids too and would love to see them in sims 4. I saw your suggestion about mermaids on the "ask a simguru tuesday and thursday thread".

One thing I was very disappointed in Island Paradise is that you could not create your own mermaid in CAS at the start. You had to friend and then have a mermaid move in with one of your sims just to get that mermaid (or merman) into CAS to recolor their tail.

I was thinking maybe you could post this as a want in that thread since I'm not often here to post in that thread at just the right time. I know you said mermaids should be mysterious and I don't disagree. However - I would still like to be able to create my own mermaid to play and not have to find and friend and then have the mermaid move in just to get them into CAS.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    @Maxwell_Collins, "Foreign Identities" sounds interesting to me. I don't think it would be called that though, maybe something like "Secret Agent". And yes it does sound a little like World Adventures. I think it would be almost impossible to avoid all stereotypes though.

Supernatural - Toad Sim! Now there's a new one.

Zero Gravity, I'm a nut for anything futuristic or outer-space. Again I would probably give this a different name though, but I'm not sure what? Maybe - "Sims zero gravity space station!"

I will pass on the magic EP, it just doesn't interest me that much for my sims.

Another "No" for Generations. I'm not into it.

(yes pitchforks waving LOL)

I would love something where sims travel or time travel to different places and periods and all is totally immersed in that time-zone -period. For instance, no cell phones in the old west , or medieval period.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    @Maxwell_Collins I really like your ideas there! I'm especially interested in playing a toad Sim! Lol. Could we have it so that if they are kissed by someone they love, they will return to human form? Like in the fairytales?
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    @Maxwell_Collins I really like your ideas there! I'm especially interested in playing a toad Sim! Lol. Could we have it so that if they are kissed by someone they love, they will return to human form? Like in the fairytales?

This might surprise you, but the Toad Sim was already part of the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion. It took the form of a curse that can be cast by Witches.
    My YouTube Channel
    Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page

Some of my Threads:
    DragonSim

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

This might surprise you, but the Toad Sim was already part of the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion. It took the form of a curse that can be cast by Witches.

I think it should be a real toad spell not a sim in a toad costume.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CosmoeCosmoe Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd like to see a re-color tool in CAS without an expansion, while CAS had so many improvements this being taken away was not one of them and I don't want to wait on an expansion for this. I totally dig CC, the community has create some amazing outfits and I wish I had the time/talent to contribute to that. But in CAS being able to select the colors of so many different pieces was just awesome. Since they are doing free updates to the base game I hope that any build mode imporvements made ( half walls, basements or diving boards for example) are added to that rather then put into expansions.

Otherwise I dig your ideas, I would like to see an option built in that would allow you to turn expansions on or off inside the game, so that we could have them all downloaded but if in one world we didn't want magic or something we wouldn't have to have it just because its installed for a world we do want it in.
  • Options
    AODDYAODDY Posts: 42 Member
    Zero Gravity would be awesome!
  • Options
    Cosmoe wrote: »
    Otherwise I dig your ideas, I would like to see an option built in that would allow you to turn expansions on or off inside the game, so that we could have them all downloaded but if in one world we didn't want magic or something we wouldn't have to have it just because its installed for a world we do want it in.

Why didn't I think of this! Thanks for the suggestion!
    My YouTube Channel
    Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page

Some of my Threads:
    DragonSim

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I love these ideas! I think almost anything is possible in The Sims series, so any of these ideas are welcome! Also I would love a Farm Life EP, Seasons with all new activities like skiing and huge storms (if that is possible in the future), Superstar EP with super model, film director, actor and singer careers, also I would LOVE a Hobbies EP. Also a Careers EP is welcome to my game :smiley:
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I think it should be a real toad spell not a sim in a toad costume.

Shall I do a write-up?
    My YouTube Channel
    Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page

Some of my Threads:
    DragonSim

• Options
    Lukkas_LeonhartLukkas_Leonhart Posts: 44 Member
    amazing ideas! :)
    jzHHpy3.jpg
  • Options
    adamc123adamc123 Posts: 221 Member
    I would like a finished base game first.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I like to add just one more thing. I like a future town as expansion pack. I love your ideas for expansion packs. I have to agree with adamc123 that I like the base game finished before to many packs get out.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I've always wanted to see where the Grim Reaper may be living.
  • Options
    momoeienmomoeien Posts: 40 New Member
    I like the foreign identities one, that'd be cool. Maybe even have an expansion pack with wheelchairs and stuff, like a medical EP?
  • Options
    momoeienmomoeien Posts: 40 New Member
    I also like the idea of having witch hunters and guardians in the supernatural pack. Kind of like Charmed.
  • Options
    NoxNox Posts: 3 New Member
    Great ideas, and for the generations pack, family trees!
  • Options
    AdrianoFoxAdrianoFox Posts: 47 Member
    Foreign Identities is really cool haha!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nice ideas although I could see magic and supernatural combined into the same EP. I do hope to see an university and time travel EP return. Since I am a Doctor Who fan, I could easily see time and space travel be in your Zero Gravity EP. I loved the carnival type items in the Sims 1 game, so having a theme park and carnival for my Sims to visit would be fun. I think Sims 3 even had a SP of a roller coaster that looked cool.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Nice ideas although I could see magic and supernatural combined into the same EP. I do hope to see an university and time travel EP return. Since I am a Doctor Who fan, I could easily see time and space travel be in your Zero Gravity EP. I loved the carnival type items in the Sims 1 game, so having a theme park and carnival for my Sims to visit would be fun. I think Sims 3 even had a SP of a roller coaster that looked cool.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The reason I placed the Supernatural and the Unknown Magic's separate is simply the nature of the content. Supernatural, I feel, should revolve around nature, and Magic, I feel, is a paranormal aspect than purely supernatural. Of course, that's up to interpretation.
    My YouTube Channel
    Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page

Some of my Threads:
    DragonSim

• Options
    Hey, guys, I wanted to make sure you were still interested.
    I'm rewriting the DragonSim concept, so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know in the comments below. Also, if there are any suggestions as to what to add to the full threads of each of these expansions, also feel free to drop them here. I'm looking at you @MasonGamer!

Anyways, the next thread from this topic I'm working on is actually two expansions: Unknown Magics and Supernatural. Writing the concepts down, I'm surprised how much I could expand on it. Because of this, I will definitely consider any suggestions as to how to improve the intertwined Expansion ideas.
    My YouTube Channel
    Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page

Some of my Threads:
    DragonSim

• Options
    Pipi SimmerPipi Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    I love all your ideas except Generation EP.
    Just want toddlers come back but I dont want an EP like that. :neutral:
  • Options
    CoolSims121CoolSims121 Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't agree with most ideas but i do like the supernatural like in sims three my sims died and visited the grandchildren. i couldn't controll them though. they kinda just... wandered. around. my. house... but yeah cool idea
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    I really want to see casinos, amusement parks, farms, and more travel destinations come back including a beach resort. University also,
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Love your ideas!!