Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DragonSim: A Wanted Occult State [CONSIDERING REWRITE]

Maxwell_CollinsMaxwell_Collins Posts: 143 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey, guys. I just wanted to highlight a small tidbit from some previous posts, the DragonSim, more recently mentioned here. I just quickly wanted to show what I expect.

Appearance: I was actually somewhat inspired by a series on Deviantart.com, called Freedom as to how big the DragonSim could be. In the story, the Dragon was about the size of a dog (it was only nine, so it makes sense). For originality's sake, the size of the DragonSim could be about the size of a medium-class dog, like a border collie, and the anatomy of a Wyvern, like in Dragon Valley in the Sims 3. However, the Dragons in Dragon Valley, in lack of a better word, sucked visually and functionally. I would imagine that the new design would have elements of Western Dragons and common Wyvern depictions. Unfortunately, I can't provide any drops as to what the final product would turn out. I'm just hoping the final result isn't derpy. I would like it, however, if you had the choice of adding hair all alongside the back, and that hairstyles didn't cover the front of the head, never going over the eyes or ears (if there are any...). A bit much to ask, but I believe it would work.

Getting a DragonSim: In Freedom, the protagonist, Hex, has been hospitalized for an unknown illness, and has to be on constant liquid medication. Little did he realize, that is exactly the reason he kept a human form, sickly or not, not realizing he was, in truth, a Dragon hatchling. Because of this, when his true form was finally revealed, and after meeting some odd people, he learn he was always a Dragon.
Although the story is... superficial in the first two chapters, it explained an important note on the case of Dragons. Is a Dragon, always a Dragon. And that alchemy can create some particularly powerful effects. However, for Sims already in the mix, this simply won't do mechanically.
To begin, the DragonSim should be able to be made in CAS either in the expansion it is introduced in, or in a theoretical Supernatural expansion, as in the previous game. However, once in-game, an existing Sim can become a DragonSim by investing in an alchemical creation, requiring a super rare ingredient only gift-able by other DragonSims. However, once the choice is made, it cannot be undone.

Traits: The DragonSim isn't like most popular Dragons. First of all, it doesn't fly around hoarding treasure. In fact, it can hardly fly! Due to the Engine of the Sims 4, flying around on wings just wouldn't work for the closed space of the Sims 4 over-world. However, we'll get to that.
  • The DragonSim, just like in the before mentioned story, has two forms. The Dragon form would be the default. To take advantage of several activities (and to hide from potential hunters), a special potion must be brewed, just like in the story. The potion's effect can last several hours before it wears off, but the time can be reset by using another dose of the brew. In Dragon form, the Sim is generally faster, due to the wings it beholds. It is also slightly more resilient to physical harm, meaning fights don't usually end with bruises to the Dragon. They are also slightly sneakier, able to go into more hiding places than normal people (there is quite a bit more I could put here, but I ran out of potential buffs). The downside is that other Sims (except for some children, Brave Sims, or those with relationships) tend to take the Dragon form the other way, either lashing out or running in fear. Basically, it's harder to start relationships in Dragon form. In human form, the DragonSim is basically just like any other Sim. The social debuff is gone, but so are the perks of the Dragon form. They can also use everything another Sim can use, so no worries there. However, if they see you transform between the two forms, there may be some social scarring with strangers in the vicinity...
  • The DragonSim is the only Sim who can make Dragon's Tear, a gem required to make the potion that creates DragonSims. This gem can also be used in other alchemy recipes, as well as in certain other skills, keeping the gem useful for awhile.
  • The DragonSim can react to events, such as changing between forms, once the DragonSim is created. For example, the Sim may feel sickly (but otherwise fine) whenever in human form, or to feel invigorated upon reentering Dragon form. The choice is up to you.
  • In Dragon form, you might find it difficult to get daily chores done, let alone hide when an angry mob is at your front door. For that, a close friend (or a friendly roommate) can become the DragonSim's guardian, helping the little guy out with things he can't do in his true from. He can also drive away people who might want to harm the DragonSim, if needed. If the Guardian is an adult and the DragonSim is younger, the Guardian can even adopt the DragonSim as a legitimate son/daughter. Oh, the irony...
  • DragonSims live far longer than normal Sims, up to five times longer, but, with the right configuration, and the help of another idea of mine (another Wanted Occult State inbound), the DragonSim could be practically immortal.
Seems legit so far? I'm not done just yet.

Classification: Here's a question: how exactly do we define a DragonSim in context of functionality? This may prove a little confusing at first, but bear with me.
Dragon Form: Because of the specifications I listed earlier, it would be safe to assume that the DragonSim is true from can be classified as a pet. And that's correct. However, pets can't live on their own, let alone live on lots. Because of this, there's got to be a cross between Pet and Sim.
To compensate, the DragonSim can own property, but only if he/she is a young adult. However, the DragonSim can only take advantage of kids toys and pet items on the lot, meaning that it may be harder to get daily chores done in Dragon Form. Luckily, having a housemate around really helps with the disability. Also, there are plenty of perks for the Dragon Form by itself that it shouldn't be a huge problem.
Human Form: This really doesn't need much explanation, because the human form is practically the same as a regular Sim. However, then there is the case of how to acquire that form.
As mentioned previously in the story that inspired the traits, the Dragons gain a human form by means of a potion that lasts several hours. The same holds here, with a few perks. To begin, the potion can't simply be bought, as these things rarely reach human eyes. It either must be brewed by friendly alchemists, or by finding a Dragon enclave and buying it from them. As stated before, the human from of the DragonSim is almost exactly the same as a regular, with a few differences, such as aging slower than normal. Otherwise, the human form of the DragonSim is that of a normal Sim.

Diet: Here's something people usually don't talk about. I brought this up because of the different food types in the Sims 4, some of which don't make sense for the meat-eating Dragon.
- To start, DragonSims gain a bonus to eating meat products, such as chicken and pork, and can eat raw meat without any side effects in both forms.
- However, the same can't be said for grains. Food items that use grains, such as bread and many different desserts, provide only three-quarters of the total satisfaction in Dragon form. Luckily, this debuff doesn't apply to Human form, although there isn't a bonus to eating it. So, don't worry about wasting that delicious Birthday cake.
- After that, we have the Greens. Unfortunately, this is the worst thing to feed a DragonSim. In Human form, the satisfaction from salads and other greens is three-quarters, and a strange, sickening feeling. In Dragon form, that feeling is fully realized. The hunger satisfaction is only a quarter of what it usually is, and there is a medium chance that the DragonSim will cough up the green meal, providing no satisfaction. Then you have to clean up the mess you made.

Needs: This needs to be discussed, as the needs are achieved slightly differently for this state...
- Hunger: I already explained this in the Diet section, so I won't explain it again. However, I must note that DragonSims, in Dragon form, can't easily eat from a table, nor can they cook on a stove. I would be rather awkward, though, being the size of a border collie. Either gain the elixir, or have a companion do it for you.
- Social: the Social need for the DragonSim is easily the hardest need to satisfy on its own, because many of the interactions are best done in Human form when dealing with strangers. But for housemates and other companions, this isn't an issue. In fact, the unique interactions can only be done in Dragon form, some somewhat similar to many of the pet interactions in the Sims 3. One such interaction can be done by child or teenage DragonSims in Dragon form, in which the DragonSim jumps into the arms of the other Sim, who is an adult, and, for an extremely short time, cuddle in the Sim's arms. *Dawh*. Another interaction could be playing with toddlers or children, who obviously don't know better.
- Hygiene: This is an interesting one, as DragonSims have scales and, possibly, back hair, rather than skin and body hair. Because of that, chances are this is pretty important. The scales are delicate, and must be cleaned thoroughly. Expectantly, this means that in Dragon form the hygiene need satisfies at half the rate. Better invest in a good bath, even if the Dragon hates water.
- Fun: It seems the DragonSim has it easy in this motive. DragonSims generally have more fun with just about everything, and can still benefit from using pet and child toys and appliances. They also have more fun playing with other Sims, and enjoy playing on the playground if people don't mind.
- Energy: As easy as sleeping in a bed, as usual. However, you also benefit from pet beds and sleeping on the couch or on the floor.
- Bladder: It might seem improbable to use toilets in Dragon form, but, with a little bit of self-training, it is possible. However, you can always do your business outside or in a garden.
Simple enough, right?

Concerning CAS: I have always emphasized the use of CAS with just about every discussion of Occult States I've come across. This is no different. As such, I'll elaborate on what I might expect:
- Head: Again, customization. Perhaps different head types and hairstyles.
- Wings: This is important, as the wings are what define the dragon. Perhaps there could be slight differences between wing shapes, but the overall feel is the same.
- Skin: The dragon form has no bare skin, as the body is covered in scales. Different colored scales?
- Body: The weight factor should be separate from the Human form's body weight, and is generally small.
- Tail: An absolute must. Different lengths, please!
- Clothing: Okay, why did I put this here? But, yes, there should be an option for clothing in Dragon form, if the DragonSim so desires. Normal, human clothes wouldn't fit the tiny dragon, so... pet clothes? Sure, why not? Through in a collar for kicks!

Alright, I'll be done for now. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave your thoughts below. Perhaps you could think of something to spice up the current design...

Next up: Merfolk!!!
My YouTube Channel
Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page
Lunispellweaver (will try to change it)

Some of my Threads:
8 Expansions I Would Like to See in the Sims 4
DragonSim

Post edited by Maxwell_Collins on

Comments