Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wish List for Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Can I add to the list?

I think it's been mentioned before. Perhaps 5 could have a choice of different sized open world's. Eg. Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large. This way simmers with both lower end, and high end machines would be better able to play the game.

:)

Honestly they just need to make two versions, one for lower end computers and one for higher end.

Possibly, although it's worth a consideration. Other games have similar options to what I've mentioned.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Of course you can add to the list, Clarkie100.
    I like the idea of different sized worlds for people with different power levels of computers. I do think high, medium, and low are good ideas because there will be some people with computers that are in between. Allowing custom levels of detail and such might help (I know we could do that with Sims 3).
  • Options
    mari8076mari8076 Posts: 19 New Member
    Wowzer. TS4 came out 6 months ago and you guys are already making plans for TS5. XD
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited March 2015
    If anything TS5 should be a reboot. Screw open worlds, screw CAST, the sims need to go back to it's roots. And by roots i mean a mix of TS1 and TS2, with CAS and build mode from TS4.

__________________________________________________________________________________________-
    The sliders never bothered me.

"The sliders never bothered me anyway"
    lwPTeZH.gif
    This was the first thing i came up with when i looked at you signature lol. So silly >.<
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited April 2015
    My god people. How can there even be a Sims 5 if Sims 4 just already got started with bad reviews? Maxis never even announced a Sims 5. Unless Sims 4 becomes successful, there won't be a Sims 5 according to a SimGuru.
    I will let you know that even if they announce a Sims 5, it won't come out for a while depending how much game packs/expansion packs will be added. You can't sit here and demand for a newer game.
    But, I will be kind enough to give you a wish list whenever it's in development after several years.
    1. Realistic graphics (like Skyrim or Final Fantasy Fantasy 14)
    2. One new life stage (preteen)
    3. More carers like fashion designer, construction worker, architect, business owner, self-employed etc
    4. Middle and preschool
    5. Yes, I agree with the height slider (teen-elder)
    And that's pretty much it for now tonight.
    Post edited by sydwilgirl23 on
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    > @Schweighsr said:
    > jcp011c2 wrote: »
    >
    > 1. Offline single player capability. If they want to go the online multiplayer route that's fine but this MUST be an optional thing, as to me Sims has always been a single player game. And if they do go the route of both, no "unlockable objects" that are available only to multiplayers.
    >
    > 2. In fact, no objects that are completely locked at all. You want some objects you have to unlock via a career path fine, but at least put them available as buydebg.
    >
    > 3. Color Wheel or color palette, where we the player choose the color lines. 16 color minimum, 32 color preferable, I'd love a 64 color palette but I don't see that happening. 32 is standard though so I don't understand why this would be a problem.
    >
    > 4. At very least a semi open world. Neighborhoods of say 10-15 lots, within a world that has maybe 6 neighborhoods? Within each neighborhood there are no loading screens. Loading screens only occur when traveling to different neighborhoods.
    >
    > 5. Some things that are EP releases at this point ought to be considered for base game release. Dogs, cats, weather, nightclubs with DJS and karaoke, shops, restaurants, and maybe one vacation type world to be included in a base game.
    >
    > 6. Toddlers and pools in base game of course.
    >
    > 7. Bring back the terrain editing, PLEASE.
    >
    > 8. The multi-tasking that Sims 4 has introduced. Because I love it.
    >
    > 9. CAS from Sims 4 please, simply put to me its the best CAS we've had yet. Minus the preset colorization of course.
    >
    > 10. Seach feature from Build/Buy. Oh my gosh I love this so much.
    >
    > 11. It's probably just me, but an easier way to do roofing, stairs and split levels. I don't know. I'm not that great of a builder and have always had issues with it, but roofing and stairs always is a pain, Particularly if I'm trying to do anything beyond just a one directional stair - like a u-or l shaped staircase.
    >
    > 12. No launcher like in Sims 3. The reasoning behind this should be obvious. It was unwieldy, slow and a pain in the behind....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I love everything on your list, jcp011c2, except #5. Sorry, but I really don't want *ANYTHING* from the EPs to be included in the base game - any base game version of The Sims.
    >
    > You see, this is one of the things that was wrong with TS3 - they put "restaurants" and "stores" in the base game. And, because it was a base game, they were poorly done rabbit-holes. No, I would much rather pay extra to have those things done *RIGHT*. I understand that there is a limited budget for everything - and I want every single penny of that budget spent on core game-play so that it is a stable foundation for the future EPs.
    >
    > Besides, I don't want Pets in my game. They have done pets three times and each time the pets are more trouble than they are worth. I'm sure that other people feel the same way about other features, like nightclubs or weather (although who doesn't like nightclubs?).
    >
    > I wouldn't mind if they added some of the minor features of some of the EPs into the base game - the way that they added gardening to the base of TS3 - but major features deserve to have their own budget so that they can be done well.
    >
    > My list of Must Haves would look like this:
    >
    > 1. Single-player, off-line game
    >
    > 2. Fully featured CASt; not just a color-wheel but the whole she-bang. And I want to be able to recolor everything including the door-handles, tissue box and stencils.
    >
    > 3. SEVEN life-stages - Baby (not an object!), Toddler (with deeper play like there was in TS2), Children (I hear that they are pretty good in TS4), Teens (acnes and mood swings, please), Young Adults (that are different from the adult stage!), Adults (they can start showing their age) and Elders (that aren't decrepit wrecks). They can add more stages in an EP if they want - I would buy it. But lets have the basics, at least.
    >
    > 4. An open or semi-open world. I like that you can move between 'neighborhoods' in TS4, but a neighborhood should be a *LOT* bigger than 5 measly lots! I like jcp011c2's idea of 10 to 15 lots 'neighborhoods' with multiple neighborhoods making up a 'world' and free movement between 'worlds'. (maybe we should call them 'districts' instead.)
    >
    > 5. The ability to customize terrain and neighborhoods within the game. I'm not asking for a full-blown Create-a-World, but the player should be able to edit/ add lots and place neighborhood décor so that each game is personalized. A separate (free) Create-a-World program would also be nice.
    >
    > 6. Multi-level foundations. TS2 sort of had this with it's 'stages' but I wish they were stackable so that it was easier to create multi-level houses, walk-out basements and the like.
    >
    > 7. Basements. Oh, and four or more build-levels that don't include basements!
    >
    > 8. Better roofing tools. I know that roofs are hard, but this is 2014 and if they can send men into space surely someone can develop an easier way to create roofs in The Sims.
    >
    > 9. A stable base game. Please, for the love of little green apples, get a third-party to beta-test the game. Please stop doing your beta-testing in-house, EA! Yes, it saves money, but it also produces a buggy game.
    >
    > 10. Quick patches when they are needed. Stop relying on free labor from the community to fix your game's lousy coding. If you pay someone to code then they should be competent enough to do it properly.
    >
    > 11. Facial animations. TS2 had them but they were primitive. TS3 barely had them at all. TS4's are over-exaggerated. Just some simple facial animations for talking, eating, happy, sad, angry, romantic, etc. There don't have to be a lot as long as they are well done and used independently of body animations.
    >
    > 12. Better animations over all. TS2's were too long, but at least they were interesting. Part of the reason that people say that TS3's Sims are robotic is because the animations are so minimal. The animations in TS4 are so over-done that they look ridiculous. There should be a middle-ground.
    >
    > 13. No 'evil showers', 'angry poops', 'extreme naps' or 'peeing like a champion'. Seriously. First of all, they aren't funny. Secondly, if a player has an option, the Sims should have a unique animation that goes with that option. I can not stress that enough.
    >
    > 14. Lots and lots of options for Story Progression. The player should be able to turn it on and off for each household or just do the entire neighborhood. Players who like to rotate through the whole neighborhood and control every Sim should be able to do so and players who don't want to have to control everything should be able to put it on automatic pilot.
    >
    > 15. No shops, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, pets, weather, open careers, vacation spots, etc. in the base game. I know that isn't popular, but if they are added then they aren't done well. I'd rather pay extra to have something done right than suffer with a rabbit-hole or lame, useless lot. Gyms, museums, public pools, libraries, parks, etc. are all fine.
    >
    > 16. Did I mention that the game should be stable?

Great ideas expect the pets and animation parts. I feel like you guys took it a little to far on both. For pets, it's not required for some people, but I know many other people who are animal lovers. You can't exactly wish for no animals in a game because it's rude for animal-lovers. Animal-lovers have passion and love for you know, animals. You don't want to take that away from them. They basically grew up around that. If you don't pets in your house, then don't. I respect your opinion but you have to respect mines. Animations aren't overly done. It just look funny. I feel you are sensitive about this. Animation in the Sims always been like that. I don't like animation that's "better". Better isn't take always better, okay?
  • Options
    SYDWILGIRL23, I'm not making "demands". I'm making suggestions/requests. Sims 4 was such a severe disappointment for me. I can be patient and just continue to play Sims 3 while I wait for Sims 5. It may never happen, but I can at least throw out some ideas.

I agree about adding more life stages. I do know that one of the reasons they don't have height sliders currently is because of some issues with how they do the animations.

I would love to see realistic graphics like Skyrim-- man, I live the Elder Scrolls graphics, and the custom content creators make some awesome stuff. I actually made some custom faces and a shield for Morrowind (sadly they all got lost in a hard drive crash and the backup drive died too).

I'm an animal lover-- I have 3 cats sitting on me right now. I also have dogs and cows. I used to have goats, ducks, chickens, geese, turkeys, quail, guinea hens, doves, pigs, and horses. I wouldn't expect all of those to be in the game though.

People mentioned being able to follow your Sims to work and see what they are doing there. I think that would be interesting. I would also love to follow Sim child/teens to school and see how their day is. Do they bully other Sims? Do they get stuffed in lockers or swirlies in the bathroom? Do they get wedgied? Or do they just keep to themselves and not get bothered? Obviously, you wouldn't have to follow them to work/school if you didn't want to though.
  • Options
    Another thought: For things like fishing, it would be neat to have different types of fishing poles to use (and the various kinds could affect success rate and maybe even speed of fishing). There could be a basic flyfishing type pole that is a rod and string (maybe that looks like a branch- perhaps sims could even make one themselves) up to really fancy ones with multiple hooks and a robotic one that reels the fish in at hte push of a button.
    I would like for Sims to be able to sit down while fishing. There could be a log bench, a fishing chair, or a stool or something that they can pull out to sit on. Maybe they can even just set something like a pillow, picnic blanket, or whatever... to sit on. In World of Warcraft there is a fishing seat with an umbrella on a pole. So maybe something like that where they could set it up to be in the shade under an umbrella-- or maybe there could even be a little fishing shack or lean-to or something where multiple Sims can just sit next to one another and fish. For sea fishing they could stand or sit on a pier or dock.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't think I've talked much about vehicles. I would like to have different kinds from different eras. If they add horses to game, horseback riding would be one method of transportation. Horse drawn carriages and wagons would be cool. Moving up to some of the earliest types of vehicles and on to futuristic ones like the Delorean. I personally would love some Volvo Amazons (2 door and 4 door as well as the "estate" station wagons) and Volvo Duetts. For bicycles, it would be cool to have the unicycles, tricycles, and those bikes with one large wheel and one small. I'd also personally love to have a Bowden Spacelander bike:
    tumblr_nm2a5a8GyL1qhfuqwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nm2a5a8GyL1qhfuqwo2_500.jpg

I made a thread for vehicle/transportation suggestions
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/824210/vehicles-of-various-styles-and-types
    Post edited by Suceress on
  • Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    Um..I think you are a little early with this list :neutral:
  • Options
    Heh. Well, maybe *some* of the stuff can be added in Sims 4. But, its never too soon for the devs to start forming ideas and figuring out how to implement them.
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    I'd buy regardless, but here is my wish list:

1. Buyable video game feature like in TS2.

2. Open World like TS3.

3. CASt like in TS2 and TS3.

4. These EPs are what I want:

1. Reality TV (New and not in TS1, TS2, TS3 and possibly TS4)

2. Open for Business (New Features like all kinds of businesses, like a video game company)

3. Pets (Dogs, Cats, Horses and Cows)

4. World Adventures (Germany, France, China, Egypt, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Spain and Italy)

5. Into The Past and Future (Some of future returns from TS3EP11, but adding in the past as well)

6. Seasons (Like from EP5 of TS2, EP8 of TS3)

7. University (Like from TS2 EP1 and TS3 EP9, but more athletic features, include non-fictional universities, like Carroll University in Waukesha, WI)

8. Supernatural (Like from TS3 EP7, but more creatures)

They can still add more, but those 8 and I'll be a happy camper for TS5.
  • Options
    LittlebearLittlebear Posts: 73 Member
    Optional mature content would be nice, when I play my sims when they "do it I do it properly" nobody "does it " with clothes on unless you're practicing nothing before marriage which is fine I respect that but I'm not like that I like mature content I have a mature sense of humour like romance interactions also some....optional animations but THAT WON'T HAPPEN LOL
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Littlebear wrote: »
    Optional mature content would be nice, when I play my sims when they "do it I do it properly" nobody "does it " with clothes on unless you're practicing nothing before marriage which is fine I respect that but I'm not like that I like mature content I have a mature sense of humour like romance interactions also some....optional animations but THAT WON'T HAPPEN LOL

Expect EA can't allow even optional mature content since they're very strict on keeping their Teen rating
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LittlebearLittlebear Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2015
    I think the worlds gotten a little "strict" But I guess I'm a little too carefree... and open when it comes to I'll just say romance to avoid stepping on toes I'm aware it's next to not happening but at least theres mods to look forward to haha
  • Options
    I would love it if the skin textures were more realistic (not talking about anatomical correctness- just less cartoonish). One of the things I like about games like Oblivion and Skyrim is that the textures look more realistic. We know that people can make great CC, but it would be nice if EA actually made some of the really cool textures.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2015
    Wishlist for The Sims 5 ?

I wish... no TS5 , I want a TS4 engine which is able to evolve

I'm tired to restart everything without content into a new empty basegame.

I want ONE "The Sims" game once for all.

Like OS X and soon Windows 10, no new number , just a progressive evolution !

Stop the basegame curse !

If they do like Microsoft, The Sims (5) should be modular, for example :

- Core game (formerly basegame) is like the system kernel, it should evolve progressively, no brutal upgrade.
    - Expansion Packs, Game Packs and advanced CC (game mods, scripts) are like module system features or softwares, they should still work even if the core game is changed but they need to be updated and improved after a long time
    - Stuff Packs, DLC and standard CC are like documents, they should work "forever"

And like the online games (WoW since 2004), the game life cycle should be greater than 5-6 years.

In fact, I dream of a robust game that The Sims Studio won't leave behind them without fixing the bugs like they do now with TS2 & TS3.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Good ideas. I would add that it would be nice if the patches would be available in .zip or .rar and people could manually update if they have problems with the automatic patchers. The size of the patches should be listed and people can set a time when patches can download (if they are set to automatic) and be able to pause them, but should also be able to set to download at their leisure. And the game should be set up so that if you get a new computer, you should be able to copy your files over to the other computer and play without having to reinstall everything.

I would love to have something much longer term like WoW-- (which I was just playing a few minutes ago and have played for 10 years).
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    1. Offline single player capability. If they want to go the online multiplayer route that's fine but this MUST be an optional thing, as to me Sims has always been a single player game. And if they do go the route of both, no "unlockable objects" that are available only to multiplayers.

2. In fact, no objects that are completely locked at all. You want some objects you have to unlock via a career path fine, but at least put them available as buydebg.

3. Color Wheel or color palette, where we the player choose the color lines. 16 color minimum, 32 color preferable, I'd love a 64 color palette but I don't see that happening. 32 is standard though so I don't understand why this would be a problem.

4. At very least a semi open world. Neighborhoods of say 10-15 lots, within a world that has maybe 6 neighborhoods? Within each neighborhood there are no loading screens. Loading screens only occur when traveling to different neighborhoods.

5. Some things that are EP releases at this point ought to be considered for base game release. Dogs, cats, weather, nightclubs with DJS and karaoke, shops, restaurants, and maybe one vacation type world to be included in a base game.

6. Toddlers and pools in base game of course.

7. Bring back the terrain editing, PLEASE. :'(

8. The multi-tasking that Sims 4 has introduced. Because I love it.

9. CAS from Sims 4 please, simply put to me its the best CAS we've had yet. Minus the preset colorization of course.

10. Seach feature from Build/Buy. Oh my gosh I love this so much.

11. It's probably just me, but an easier way to do roofing, stairs and split levels. I don't know. I'm not that great of a builder and have always had issues with it, but roofing and stairs always is a pain, Particularly if I'm trying to do anything beyond just a one directional stair - like a u-or l shaped staircase.

12. No launcher like in Sims 3. The reasoning behind this should be obvious. It was unwieldy, slow and a pain in the behind....

I love everything on your list, @jcp011c2, except #5. Sorry, but I really don't want *ANYTHING* from the EPs to be included in the base game - any base game version of The Sims.

You see, this is one of the things that was wrong with TS3 - they put "restaurants" and "stores" in the base game. And, because it was a base game, they were poorly done rabbit-holes. No, I would much rather pay extra to have those things done *RIGHT*. I understand that there is a limited budget for everything - and I want every single penny of that budget spent on core game-play so that it is a stable foundation for the future EPs.

Besides, I don't want Pets in my game. They have done pets three times and each time the pets are more trouble than they are worth. I'm sure that other people feel the same way about other features, like nightclubs or weather (although who doesn't like nightclubs?).

I wouldn't mind if they added some of the minor features of some of the EPs into the base game - the way that they added gardening to the base of TS3 - but major features deserve to have their own budget so that they can be done well.

My list of Must Haves would look like this:

1. Single-player, off-line game

2. Fully featured CASt; not just a color-wheel but the whole she-bang. And I want to be able to recolor everything including the door-handles, tissue box and stencils.

3. SEVEN life-stages - Baby (not an object!), Toddler (with deeper play like there was in TS2), Children (I hear that they are pretty good in TS4), Teens (acnes and mood swings, please), Young Adults (that are different from the adult stage!), Adults (they can start showing their age) and Elders (that aren't decrepit wrecks). They can add more stages in an EP if they want - I would buy it. But lets have the basics, at least.

4. An open or semi-open world. I like that you can move between 'neighborhoods' in TS4, but a neighborhood should be a *LOT* bigger than 5 measly lots! I like jcp011c2's idea of 10 to 15 lots 'neighborhoods' with multiple neighborhoods making up a 'world' and free movement between 'worlds'. (maybe we should call them 'districts' instead.)

5. The ability to customize terrain and neighborhoods within the game. I'm not asking for a full-blown Create-a-World, but the player should be able to edit/ add lots and place neighborhood décor so that each game is personalized. A separate (free) Create-a-World program would also be nice.

6. Multi-level foundations. TS2 sort of had this with it's 'stages' but I wish they were stackable so that it was easier to create multi-level houses, walk-out basements and the like.

7. Basements. Oh, and four or more build-levels that don't include basements!

8. Better roofing tools. I know that roofs are hard, but this is 2014 and if they can send men into space surely someone can develop an easier way to create roofs in The Sims.

9. A stable base game. Please, for the love of little green apples, get a third-party to beta-test the game. Please stop doing your beta-testing in-house, EA! Yes, it saves money, but it also produces a buggy game.

10. Quick patches when they are needed. Stop relying on free labor from the community to fix your game's lousy coding. If you pay someone to code then they should be competent enough to do it properly.

11. Facial animations. TS2 had them but they were primitive. TS3 barely had them at all. TS4's are over-exaggerated. Just some simple facial animations for talking, eating, happy, sad, angry, romantic, etc. There don't have to be a lot as long as they are well done and used independently of body animations.

12. Better animations over all. TS2's were too long, but at least they were interesting. Part of the reason that people say that TS3's Sims are robotic is because the animations are so minimal. The animations in TS4 are so over-done that they look ridiculous. There should be a middle-ground.

13. No 'evil showers', 'angry poops', 'extreme naps' or 'peeing like a champion'. Seriously. First of all, they aren't funny. Secondly, if a player has an option, the Sims should have a unique animation that goes with that option. I can not stress that enough.

14. Lots and lots of options for Story Progression. The player should be able to turn it on and off for each household or just do the entire neighborhood. Players who like to rotate through the whole neighborhood and control every Sim should be able to do so and players who don't want to have to control everything should be able to put it on automatic pilot.

15. No shops, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, pets, weather, open careers, vacation spots, etc. in the base game. I know that isn't popular, but if they are added then they aren't done well. I'd rather pay extra to have something done right than suffer with a rabbit-hole or lame, useless lot. Gyms, museums, public pools, libraries, parks, etc. are all fine.

16. Did I mention that the game should be stable?

Im not agree with what you said about emotions, animations & facial expression. They are great in TS4. Without them, sims aren't realistic as it has to be.
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2015
    And i dont have any expectations for sims 5. I'll go with sims 4. Its greater than the previous ones. With EP & updates, it will gets even better.

Its not a huge fail at all. Not at all.
    Better emotions, better animations, better voices, better textures, better simlish songs, CAS, better sim looks, world(its simple, not a mess & not laggy), multitasking, better graphics, better interface, fast performance, much realistic gameplay.

The most things you're expecting is toddlers, preteen, open world, vehicles & color slider.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Another idea of project : The Sims Mod

A sandbox game like Garry's Mod or Mario Maker where the players can create their own game, just The Sims Studio provide all the tools and resources we need in order to create a basegame and Expansion Packs.

The community could finally express all their creativity freely.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    I actually did not find the voices in Sims 4 to be any better than Sims 3-- but then, I didn't play it for long because it was too frustrating. I admit I didn't even get to the gameplay. I was so disappointed with the neighborhood and the textures... I didn't like it at all. I was so hopeful after the advancements in Sims 3, but I was severely disappointed. I think it is still way too overpriced for the content (or lack thereof) included.

LeGardePourpre, I like the idea of the mod maker. I like how the Elder Scrolls games have a Construction Set where you can design NPCs, armor, areas, etc.

I would love to be able to have a huge open world like in some other games.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Suceress

Thank you ! Even if I don't think EA will accept to do it.

Maybe The Sims 5 should be developed by BioWare.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I can't be bothered to write a huge paragraph because it's late and I'm on my phone but basically my wish list would be that we have the emotions of the sims 2 with the dark humour of the sims 1 as well as the sims 3 open world and my perfect game would be all the previous sims games combined into one, but with the ''modern" phone the sims use tho :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    secondendersecondender Posts: 63 Member
    I wish for actual MAC SUPPORT.
    *poofs*
    simblr :3