Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    @rosemow
    I wish he could but he works :( apparently there is one road through this town and there are big signs for things? He's explained the town as best he can so that's super helpful. I'm in a way better mood, I reviewed several of the online training documents and feel slightly more prepared and way less anxious. I just gotta get through this weekend (I'm there Friday-Monday, but they give me a hotel and food budget so yay) than I'll know what's going on (at least until I can get sent to the facility in town (my boyfriend and I can't wait lol, I didn't move four hours further north to work 2 hours further westfrom there :/)

Basically what I did today, could have been unpacking but I curled up and watched my current obsession (a medical show about the ER)

Thank you for your kind words :)
    @fewlines

@wolfkomoki1
    Sometimes I scream into a pillow, it helps me release some of the stress but I spent the day researching different yoga studios so that I can go and try to relax

But yeah I watched Netflix to calm down a bit, thank you for your kind words and helpful suggestions :)

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    It was good to enjoy relaxing watching your favourite tv show. It would have helped to calm you, and relieve some of the stress that you were feeling.
    It was good that you were able to so some research and feel more prepared.
    I will keep you in my thoughts over these next days.
    Sending a smile to you :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited June 2017
    The last two days Mom been out to lunch (and she's never normally do that) so that Dad and I have "whatever" for supper. Well Dad is getting about witchy about that. Since he can't seem to understand at ALL. He wanted us to do our own thing for "supper" and I didn't really want to have to make anything (other then a salad today) since it's my turn to cook tomorrow (and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY,REALLY hope she doesn't go out tomorrow for lunch so she can have MY food-especially I'm not going to like my LACK of fruit options tomorrow vs. today's- ie only grapes, apples and pears vs. today's watermelon, cantaloupe/honeydew, orange, grapes, apple and pears) and I just stood there waiting and "So have we decided or what?" and Mom was like "I'm waiting to see what Dad says" and Dad was like "What do you want?" and Mom had already explained "YOU and (my name) can have whatever and I will just have the salads" and she had to repeat that again.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    The last two days Mom been out to lunch (and she's never normally do that) so that Dad and I have "whatever" for supper. Well Dad is getting about witchy about that. Since he can't seem to understand at ALL. He wanted us to do our own thing for "supper" and I didn't really want to have to make anything (other then a salad today) since it's my turn to cook tomorrow (and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY,REALLY hope she doesn't go out tomorrow for lunch so she can have MY food-especially I'm not going to like my LACK of fruit options tomorrow vs. today's- ie only grapes, apples and pears vs. today's watermelon, cantaloupe/honeydew, orange, grapes, apple and pears) and I just stood there waiting and "So have we decided or what?" and Mom was like "I'm waiting to see what Dad says" and Dad was like "What do you want?" and Mom had already explained "YOU and (my name) can have whatever and I will just have the salads" and she had to repeat that again.

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Mother may be home for lunch tomorrow, and she will enjoy having the food that you cook that day . It is not usual for your Mother to be out for lunch, so it will be back to normal eating patterns tomorrow.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Mother may be home for lunch tomorrow, and she will enjoy having the food that you cook that day . It is not usual for your Mother to be out for lunch, so it will be back to normal eating patterns tomorrow.

Actually when I said she was going out for lunch I meant she at work and is going out with some of her "co-workers" even though she you know? takes a lunch to eat. (and if she was eating out at home she would presumbley take me at least once) And her last day of work isn't until Monday. But the lunch isn't the issue here..the problem is that because of her eating out it means she's too (or almost) too full because of lunch she will only want to eat like (yesterday-my tomato and Mozzarella salad and Potato salad) and today she only want the peas, my salad-garden salad, and potato salad) for supper and since I work hard every week to make supper on Fridays I will be EXTREMELY mad if she is "too/almost too full" tomorrow to eat (my meal-tacco salad).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

Actually when I said she was going out for lunch I meant she at work and is going out with some of her "co-workers" even though she you know? takes a lunch to eat. (and if she was eating out at home she would presumbley take me at least once) And her last day of work isn't until Monday. But the lunch isn't the issue here..the problem is that because of her eating out it means she's too (or almost) too full because of lunch she will only want to eat like (yesterday-my tomato and Mozzarella salad and Potato salad) and today she only want the peas, my salad-garden salad, and potato salad) for supper and since I work hard every week to make supper on Fridays I will be EXTREMELY mad if she is "too/almost too full" tomorrow to eat (my meal-tacco salad).

It is thoughtful of you to prepare supper on Fridays. Your taco salad sounds like it will be delicious ! I hope that your Mother will enjoy eating it as well.
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

It is thoughtful of you to prepare supper on Fridays. Your taco salad sounds like it will be delicious ! I hope that your Mother will enjoy eating it as well.

Well I been doing it for 2 maybe 3 years if not more now? That was after 3 years of trying to convince mom to let me to do it. But I just wish Mom would eat the lunch she took w/ her to work so she wouldn't be 'full" to eat whatever Dad (or I) make. But I will be very mad if she is "too full" since if that's the case I don't want to make any supper tomorrow at all because she can't say "no" to one not-lunch out. (and I thought we were suppose to be saving money for a trip in like the 2nd week (if not 3rd) week of Sept?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    thank you, @rosemow!

and @CupcakeViolence, let us know how your day went.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am all kinds of emotions right now, only one I am not is happy, I can't believe this :'(
    TmBpvaM.png
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I am all kinds of emotions right now, only one I am not is happy, I can't believe this :'(
    TmBpvaM.png

Hello @mcrudd
    I am so sorry to hear that the autopsy hasn't been done . It is somvery upsetting and distressing for you as you have been awaiting the results. The uncertainty and waiting would be compounding the effects that all you are going through is having on your health.
    I hope that it will be done very soon.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    @fewlines
    @rosemow

My first shift was awesome, I was with a terrific day 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lady who showed me the ropes (for two hours)

Than I was partnered with one of my coworkers (from my substitute company, so legit we get paid by the same employer) so she showed me the ropes, was extremely patient with me AND gave me info regarding the company we work for :)

AND as luck seems to have it, I'm working the same shift (well mirror shift, I have all my partners patients but I helped her with tonight so I know them) tomorrow and Sunday so I'm wayyy less stressed :)
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • Options
    @fewlines
    @rosemow

My first shift was awesome, I was with a terrific day plum lady who showed me the ropes (for two hours)

Than I was partnered with one of my coworkers (from my substitute company, so legit we get paid by the same employer) so she showed me the ropes, was extremely patient with me AND gave me info regarding the company we work for :)

AND as luck seems to have it, I'm working the same shift (well mirror shift, I have all my partners patients but I helped her with tonight so I know them) tomorrow and Sunday so I'm wayyy less stressed :)

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    I am so glad that your first shift went so well! :) That is so very great! It is very nice that the lady and your co worker were able to show you how things work, provide you with helpful infornation and help you settle in. It will help you in your work over the weekend.
    Thankyou for letting us know how your day went <3
  • Options
    TmBpvaM.png

Hello @mcrudd
    I am so sorry to hear that the autopsy hasn't been done . It is somvery upsetting and distressing for you as you have been awaiting the results. The uncertainty and waiting would be compounding the effects that all you are going through is having on your health.
    I send hugs to you <3

Thanks Rosemow, but its not looking good at all. The body we are waiting for is an unidentified decomposed body and people who are identified are not even being looked at, its redicilous :(http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/bodies-pile-up-in-gauteng-mortuaries-as-strike-continues-9784166
  • Options
    TmBpvaM.png

Hello @mcrudd
    I send hugs to you <3

Thanks Rosemow, but its not looking good at all. The body we are waiting for is an unidentified decomposed body and people who are identified are not even being looked at, its redicilous :(http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/bodies-pile-up-in-gauteng-mortuaries-as-strike-continues-9784166

I am so sorry :( It is a distressing and traumatic situation for all the people awaiting the autopsies to be done.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I am so sorry :( It is a distressing and traumatic situation for all the people awaiting the autopsies to be done.
    Yeah it is :( But thanks so much for your support <3 Sometimes its good to just be able to share how you feel with others so you don't feel so alone <3

• Options
    MSKMSK Posts: 17 New Member
    This is a beautiful idea, thank you for this thread. :smile:
  • Options
    MSK wrote: »
    This is a beautiful idea, thank you for this thread. :smile:

Hello @MSK
    Thankyou very much for your kind and special words about the thread :)
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    TmBpvaM.png

Hello @mcrudd
    I send hugs to you <3

That's terrible. Thinking of you and hope you get your answer soon <3
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @mcrudd, hugs to you.

@CupcakeViolence, good to know you had a good shift!
  • Options
    Thank you @February11 and @fewlines <3
  • Options
    I'm kind of annoyed (for once at someone who is NOT my parents). I go to a day program in Ajax and during the summer months we go to Park near the lake once a month. Well before I left (program) today I asked a person I will call B the same question in two different ways (I was basically asking about do I go to ((building)) if it rains on Thursday) but I didn't get the answer I actually wanted until Person A talked to her. I mean how hard is it to understand "IF it rains on Thursday do we come here instead?" or "In the past if it rained on a picnic day we are suppose to come here do we do that on Thursday?" and Barb and others said "There's no group here on Thursday" or in the second one "There's no New Leaf at all if it rains."
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I'm kind of annoyed (for once at someone who is NOT my parents). I go to a day program in Ajax and during the summer months we go to Park near the lake once a month. Well before I left (program) today I asked a person I will call B the same question in two different ways (I was basically asking about do I go to ((building)) if it rains on Thursday) but I didn't get the answer I actually wanted until Person A talked to her. I mean how hard is it to understand "IF it rains on Thursday do we come here instead?" or "In the past if it rained on a picnic day we are suppose to come here do we do that on Thursday?" and Barb and others said "There's no group here on Thursday" or in the second one "There's no New Leaf at all if it rains."

Helo @MadameLee
    Perhaps the person that you were talking to wasn't sure of the answer , so couldn't give a direct answer. Because they didn't know the answer to your question, they couldn't help you. When things like this occur, it is best to ask a different person instead. It is good that other people were able to answer your question for you.
  • Options

Helo @MadameLee
    Perhaps the person that you were talking to wasn't sure of the answer , so couldn't give a direct answer. Because they didn't know the answer to your question, they couldn't help you. When things like this occur, it is best to ask a different person instead. It is good that other people were able to answer your question for you.

But from the way she was answering me made it seems like there was NO, group on Thursday if it rained which confused/upset me a lot-since that didn't seem right because of previous experience. She told me after she talked with A that if I wake up and it's raining to go to (building) and if it rains when we are @the park we're going to get under some shelter and might have to stop the picnic earlier.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Helo @MadameLee

But from the way she was answering me made it seems like there was NO, group on Thursday if it rained which confused/upset me a lot-since that didn't seem right because of previous experience. She told me after she talked with A that if I wake up and it's raining to go to (building) and if it rains when we are @the park we're going to get under some shelter and might have to stop the picnic earlier.

She may have thought that there would be no group on Thursday if it was raining, so that is why she answered that way. But then another person was able to helpfully tell her that there would be, and so she could then better answer your question.
  • Options

Helo @MadameLee

She may have thought that there would be no group on Thursday if it was raining, so that is why she answered that way. But then another person was able to helpfully tell her that there would be, and so she could then better answer your question.

She been there for almost the same amount of time I have been..(grant I started in Nov 2013 and she didn't get started until Jan of 2014)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JENNIFERZ77JENNIFERZ77 Posts: 126 Member
    How many people prefer to be alone? I am a single mom and most of the time prefer it to just be the kids and I. The people I used to hang out with don't understand. But I have been hurt so many times I've learned its easier to just live in my comfort zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top