Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Story Title: The Washington Legacy<br />
    Author Name: KingCobbler<br />
    Story URL: simschallenges.com/washington-legacy-sims-4-legacy/<br />
    Brief Description: The life, times, and intermittent hilarity of the Washington family.<br />
    Story Avatar: simschallenges.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/09-10-14_10-10-PM.png<br />
    <br />
    Is this right? And . . . Can I join? I love discussions like this! :D

@KingCobbler I'd love to get your Legacy story added to the Shared Stories list as soon as possible, but your story still needs an avatar image to go with it ;) It should be 150 X 150 pixels, like a standard avatar on this site. I will reserve a spot for you anyhow, as I've just been over to your site and I think your story deserves the exposure B)

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Story Title: The Tanzanite Legacy- A Disney Princess Legacy Challenge
    Author Name: Hirondelle09
    Story URL: http://hirondelle09.wordpress.com/disney-legacy-challenge/
    Brief Description: "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them"
    Story Avatar: 10-14-14_1-49c2a0am-e1416353958332.jpg

Here's my legacy :) I would love to share it with more people, thanks for reading! Gonna go check out you guys' stories now-there are so many!

@hirondelle09 I added your story to the Shared Stories list B) I hope all the links work like they should! Keep up the good work on your story :)

OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Omg something went wrong with my Disney Legacy save file, but thankfully I rolled back to an older save file and it's okay now. Phew. I was in such a state of panic, I would have cried if my Legacy Family was gone :( I get too attached every time. Anyway, how often do you guys back up your save files?

I back up my saved files and the whole Sims 4 directory every week or whenever there's an update. I did just delete a bunch of back-ups from the first 6 weeks of the game though, I don't think I'll be needing them now that so much has happened in my game... I still have the saved game files on an external hard drive if I really, really need them! lol

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    @ankeli63: Good to see you making the rounds! I wasn't getting worried or anything ... lol
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    You won't be able to order a beer because alcohol is banned in my country, hehe!
    I guess that rules out Dutch as your primary language! lol! (Where'd I get Dutch?)

Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    I like gloomy sims as much as I like all emotional traits In TS4. It really help the writing if they are emotional (even though they usually are too happy to be emotional, if you know what I mean.

Gloomy Sims are super fun to write and paint with. It does add some real depth to them. I think, IRL, I would have the gloomy trait. I get that way from time to time. It helps me, though...with my creativity. I wouldn't trade it for cheerful, that's for sure!

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @aroseinbloom - I've got the cheerful trait, for sure. But my lifetime boyfriend has gloomy, and so do most of my closest friends! As long as I don't get thrown off track by listening to the sharing of too many melancholy thoughts, it's seems to be a good combo!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    (add H) ttp://thesimulatorsimmer.wordpress.com
    Title: The Adams Family
    Description: Two sisters new to adulthood, Ella with her husband Kyle and non-romantic Chloe move into Monte Vista. Where will their journey take them?
  • Options
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 10 – Cassandra Complex
    Cassandra Goth raises some uncomfortable questions.
    150lddx.png
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Feast Day Surprise
    roast-chicken-food-sims-4-570x285.jpg
    The Robinsons celebrate Feast Day with family and friends.
    READ MORE >>

Have a happy and thankful Feast Day from the Robinsons!
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Just wanted to post that I just updated my Life and Times story with a special Thanksgiving update featuring five updates in one.

And just because I feel like it here is a picture from one of the updates that I thought was cute.

parents-goofing-around.png
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    edited November 2014
    @enkeli63 Thanks! And sorry, I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to resize images.

4qstmI.png

Is this right? I used ImageShack and set it to 150x150, but it looks kind of small . . . How do you resize images on the forums anyway?
  • Options
    . . . How do you resize images on the forums anyway?
    This software just came on my computer, I think it just comes with a Windows OS by default, so you probably have it too:
    1. Open a window into the folder with the art you're using. Then right-click the icon to open the original in Paint and "save as" a .tiff file (the original is a .png file). Then close Paint.
    2. Then I find the thumbnail for the tiff file and double click it. By default it opens in Windows Media Something-or-other. In the menu at the top there's an option called "Fix." You click it and among the tools it brings up, on the right, is "crop." you click it, then pick the square crop from the little list of cropping tools. A square crop thingy appears on your screen and you move it around and resize it 'til you're cool and then hit "Apply," I can't find a way to "save" on this screen (it was driving me crazy!) but if you just close the window it automagically saves the image the way you just cropped it.
    3. Then right-click the icon and re-open the image in Paint. If it ain't what you cropped, go back some steps but if it is, look under file info to see what size it is and then kinda figure how much you have to shrink it to make it around 144 to 150 pixels.
    4. You then shrink it by hitting control-w and entering new height/width percentages in the little dialog boxes and hitting "enter" or whatever. Check under "file info" or whatever to see the new height/width dimensions and just go back (control-z) and forth (control-w etc.) until your at or just under 150x150.
    5. Then hit "Save as," give it a new name if you don't want to tape over the original image (and you probably don't) and save the new file as a .png
    There's probably easier ways to get there, but this works and all the necessary software was basically free.
    You might be able to load it here as a .tiff too. I dunno. My blog host spits back .tiffs, so I just upload .pngs
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    @enkeli63 Thanks! And sorry, I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to resize images.

4qstmI.png

Is this right? I used ImageShack and set it to 150x150, but it looks kind of small . . . How do you resize images on the forums anyway?

Your image is 150 X 84. What you'll need to do is crop the image so it's perfectly square, then resize the image to 150 X 150 and it'll be perfect ;)
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    I'm sorry it's taken me forever, but I finally got Chapter 13 of Uncertainty Principle posted in my blog B)https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/uncertainty-principle-chapter-13/ I hope you'll enjoy this update. Let me know what you think ;)
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @enkeli63 - thanks for the chapter! It's exciting and gets me thinking!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea, thanks! I know there's an awful lot going on in the story because it follows so many characters, and a single day can take two or three chapters to play out :o I am really enjoying it though, and glad I can write again.

Now, to catch up with some other stories in this awesome thread...
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    @Simmerville, your story has been added but the description is slightly too long. It must be 140 characters or less (a standard Tweet length). Yours was a few characters over, but I don't want to choose for you which word could be dropped or changed to meet the description requirement.

Oki, sorry for that @enkeli63. Here's a shorter description:
    Legacy founder, Ochana Mox, won a house. There's just one catch: the Secret Mission requires her descendants to unveil Gloomville's secrets.

@Simmerville, I got your description added to the front page of this thread :D I think it's great! Really catchy and intriguing already ;)

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    WHOA!! I didn't even know this group was here. I've been missing out. Here's my info:

Story Title: Pruett Family Legacy
    Author Name: Jes2G
    Story URL: http://pruettlegacy.wordpress.com
    Brief Description: A fun, drama-filled story about the life and times of the Pruett family in Willow Creek.
    Story Avatar: avatar.png

@Jes2G, I've added your story to the Shared Stories list on the front page of this thread :D I hope all the links work right and all that good stuff. Welcome to the Storyteller Group, and keep up the good work!

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    How silly of me to not include my info?!? I get sidetracked. I made an avatar days ago. Heh.

Story Title: The Skinner Saga
    Author: ARoseInBloom
    URL: http://theskinnerfamilylegacy.wordpress.com
    Description: The life stories of the heirs of the family Skinner.

@aroseinbloom, thanks so much for submitting your story for the front page of this thread! I think it'll make it so much easier for people to find your lovely story B) Let me know if there's any problems with the links or anything! Thanks for joining the Sims 4 Storyteller Group :D

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    PinkTNTPinkTNT Posts: 53 Member
    Nice, I was actually going to do something like this but I guess you beat me to it! I would like to share my Legacy if I may please,

The West Legacy
    by SimClara
    awestlegacy.wordpress.com
    A legacy with Drama, Trauma, and the occasional iguana. The West legacy let's you, the one reading this text right this very second, decide which direction the West Family goes.

(I pasted the URL of my photo but nothing is showing up in the preiveiw soo... i hope it posts, if not just meassage me and I'll figure somthing out.) Photo link (add the https : / / ) ----> awestlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/thumbnail.png
    WxHo6OJ.png
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited November 2014
    PinkTNT wrote: »
    Nice, I was actually going to do something like this but I guess you beat me to it! I would like to share my Legacy if I may please, <br />
    <br />
    The West Legacy<br />
    by SimClara<br />
    awestlegacy.wordpress.com<br />
    A legacy with Drama, Trauma, and the occasional iguana. The West legacy let's you, the one reading this text right this very second, decide which direction the West Family goes.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    (I pasted the URL of my photo but nothing is showing up in the preiveiw soo... i hope it posts, if not just meassage me and I'll figure somthing out.) Photo link (add the https : / / ) ----> awestlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/thumbnail.png

It's not posting because you're still a new member. I believe you need to earn 50 points and have at least 30 posts before you can post pictures.

• Options
    PinkTNT wrote: »
    Nice, I was actually going to do something like this but I guess you beat me to it! I would like to share my Legacy if I may please, <br />
    <br />
    The West Legacy<br />
    by SimClara<br />
    awestlegacy.wordpress.com<br />
    A legacy with Drama, Trauma, and the occasional iguana. The West legacy let's you, the one reading this text right this very second, decide which direction the West Family goes.<br />
    <br />
    <br />

It's just because you're a new member. I'll be able to post the image for you. You're still a new member but after posting more and getting more likes and LOLs on your posts, you'll be a full member and able to post images and links.

Thanks for sharing your story! I'll add it to the directory ASAP ;)

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    I'm about to sit down and play/record the Music and Art Festival with the Sims I downloaded from you guys.
    WooHoo!
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    09-07-14_6-11-PM-2.png

@enkeli63 Okay, I think I got it. Please tell me if technical ineptitude has struck again, and thank you for your patience!

@Billmonaghan Thank you for the detailed instructions. They really helped a lot, although I still can't figure out how to post a .png file to the forums without putting it on a photo hosting site first. (Sorry, I'm not much for computers, which really helps when you're trying to start your own website. ;))

P.S. The Washington Legacy has been updated here.

Summary: Raelyn and her boyfriend take their relationship to the next level. :D