Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I do not miss inappropriate trait, do you?

I like the fact that you can visit someone and cook a meal, shower, or use their computer. I didn't like being a clean freak in S3 and trying to clean dishes at my friends house only to be told that I was being inappropriate and if I continued I would be asked to leave.

Now, it does get out of hand when it comes to computers, so I just put a few computer desk outside my house in a small building. Seems like when one friend comes over, then two more follow, LOL. That way I can get two outside and socialize with the third one? Then when you get tired of them, ask them to leave!

I did see a few sims with mismatched clothes and it reminded me of this title. Maybe those are the ones insane? Not sure.

Do you miss inappropriate?

Comments

• Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    I never really used that trait ever in my Sim.
    I mean, if I wanted to be inappropriate with another Sim I can just do it I didn't need the trait. ;)
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    You know, one thing that always bugged me about TS3 was that people would throw you out of their homes for cooking them dinner.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    LOL

I don't really miss it, never really had it as a trait for any of my sims.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I liked the inappropriate trait. Townies with it would come over to your house and go through your fridge while they hung out in their underwear.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited October 2014
    I once played a sim who was Inappropriate and a Great Kisser. I bought her the LTR Master of Seduction, and then she could kiss anyone at any time, they couldn't refuse, and they had to like it. She kissed everyone she met, treating it as more of a friendly action than a romantic one. I got a lot of laughs out of the fact that the game disagreed on that. She got accused of cheating constantly, by people she wasn't even really interested in romantically.

It was hilarious when the Capps invited her to a party and she kissed the hostess right in front of her husband and kids and in-laws. There were slaps and hurt feelings all around.

I made a thread about her here...
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/754304/the-gumms-lets-call-it-a-wishacy-lite/p1
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Never really gave S3 the time of day. What I will add is I do appreciate not being thrown out of anyone's home. As for computers, I don't have a huge amount of sims that are drawn to it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I only have one sim in the neighbourhood that flocks to it, and she's a nerd--kind of expected of her.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    nateslice wrote: »
    I once played a sim who was Inappropriate and a Great Kisser. I bought her the LTR Master of Seduction, and then she could kiss anyone at any time, they couldn't refuse, and they had to like it. She kissed everyone she met, treating it as more of a friendly action than a romantic one. I got a lot of laughs out of the fact that the game disagreed on that. She got accused of cheating constantly, by people she wasn't even really interested in romantically.

It was hilarious when the Capps invited her to a party and she kissed the hostess right in front of her husband and kids and in-laws. There were slaps and hurt feelings all around.

I made a thread about her here...
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/754304/the-gumms-lets-call-it-a-wishacy-lite/p1

I never play inappropriate, but when I had enough points, I got the inappropriate in a good way, so they could clean at friends house and not get thrown out. LOL
    I love RH, I love playing celebrity status and there are plenty of celebrities there!
    I read your thread and its hilarious :D Going to work all singed! Love the look on her face when she freaks out! Good thing they don't have it where sims will point and laugh at you when you walk in ...in what appears to be her formal wear, LOL..
    Don't surprise me you gave her daughter the neurotic trait, guess that will be another story?
    Loved the face slapping at the party! Yeah, S3 has emotions!

Thanks for the laugh :p

• Options
    Trick wrote: »
    You know, one thing that always bugged me about TS3 was that people would throw you out of their homes for cooking them dinner.

Right! Its like you would get in trouble for doing a good deed!

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I no longer put a computer in my sims house unless they are in the tech career
  • Options
    I no longer put a computer in my sims house unless they are in the tech career

I did that once, and they didn't know what to do, LOL. They had to watch TV because I even forgot to put a stereo in the house. That's because my sim spent most the time outside painting or gardening and she didn't need that stuff atm!

I would like to see laptops available though, keep in their personal inventory so the sim can only use it. They do need a computer at times, I think!

• Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Never really gave S3 the time of day. What I will add is I do appreciate not being thrown out of anyone's home. As for computers, I don't have a huge amount of sims that are drawn to it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I only have one sim in the neighbourhood that flocks to it, and she's a nerd--kind of expected of her.

Your lucky they don't flock to your computer, that is rare!
    Maybe my sim don't fulfill her friends fun or social need so they have to run to the computers? I do look at the computers curious as to what they are doing, and it looks like they are either playing games or chatting?

• Options
    So what's wrong with my game? When my sim invites people in, they all stand aroung and talk, except for the nerd in the neighbourhood. She's the only one that beelines for the computer. the rest just stand around talking. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    So what's wrong with my game? When my sim invites people in, they all stand aroung and talk, except for the nerd in the neighbourhood. She's the only one that beelines for the computer. the rest just stand around talking. What am I doing wrong?

They all stand around and talk at my sim house too, but I guess some get bored and head for the computers!

As far as your game, she beelines to it so she can be the first on it! Put about 2-3 computers in there and they will all flock to them!

• Options
    They all stand around and talk at my sim house too, but I guess some get bored and head for the computers!

As far as your game, she beelines to it so she can be the first on it! Put about 2-3 computers in there and they will all flock to them!

Can't be bothered. Everyone lives in an 8x8 hovel. Rotating 26 households takes time and patience.
  • Options

Can't be bothered. Everyone lives in an 8x8 hovel. Rotating 26 households takes time and patience.

True, very true, but I have my reasons for keeping 2 sims occupied while my sim takes care of the third one, rinse and repeat with the others!

*I know I am bad, smh*

• Options

True, very true, but I have my reasons for keeping 2 sims occupied while my sim takes care of the third one, rinse and repeat with the others!

*I know I am bad, smh*

You're not bad. She's the only nerd. I routinely delete everyone else in the unplayable households. I only have the 26 in-game. She truly is the only one that beelines for the computer in anyone's house, and I genuinely believe it's because she's a nerd. If the computer is available, no one else bats an eyelash at it.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    The Washing Dishes and Cooking for others is ridiculous, but I do want the Inappropriate trait back, if it means not having other Sims abusing my hopsitality I'm all for it.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    My sim tried her best to be inappropriate but it was a big fail. I sent her to a neighbor's house and for about three days she did nothing but abuse the three people living there. She kicked them out of their beds, interrupted repeatedly in the bathroom and fought with them on rotation. Constantly. They kept queuing up actions to chat all friendly with her, never mind they've been deprived of sleep, peed themselves, been humiliated and pounded to a pulp. I figured at some point she should have been told to go home as it was getting late or she was unwelcome. She could still be living there if I found it more fun at their house.
  • Options
    My sim tried her best to be inappropriate but it was a big fail. I sent her to a neighbor's house and for about three days she did nothing but abuse the three people living there. She kicked them out of their beds, interrupted repeatedly in the bathroom and fought with them on rotation. Constantly. They kept queuing up actions to chat all friendly with her, never mind they've been deprived of sleep, peed themselves, been humiliated and pounded to a pulp. I figured at some point she should have been told to go home as it was getting late or she was unwelcome. She could still be living there if I found it more fun at their house.

And that's how it should be. I love S4. They're so hospitable no matter what.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Yeah, to a fault.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, we don't need it because there are enough townies that butt into conversations that must say things that are wrong, lol and make all my Sims I play mad. Or tense, or mad enough to fight. And my Sims do that to other Sims before I can cancel it out so no need to bring it back since there is enough grief from 'bad conversations' already.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In fact I don't mind my sims have to behave in other households in S3 (and others have to behave in mine; my sims spontaneously scold them, even when I never even noticed something was wrong and I like that). I think that's quite realistic.
    However, as usual they overdid it. t's silly my sim gets scolded because he fixes his neighbour's tv set :(

So no, I don't think it should be like this: abuse your neighbours and them being totally fine with it (or worse: indifferent).
    That has nothing to do with hospitality.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

LMAO. This is too funny, so glad you tried this out!

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, we don't need it because there are enough townies that butt into conversations that must say things that are wrong, lol and make all my Sims I play mad. Or tense, or mad enough to fight. And my Sims do that to other Sims before I can cancel it out so no need to bring it back since there is enough grief from 'bad conversations' already.

LOL, this is sooooo true! I hate it when my Sim goes to the park to play Chess and someone comes up, next thing I know she is VERY angry and stomps off.

If they brought it back, it would be interesting to see how the inappropriate ones handled the mean evil ones??? Maybe they would lay a big kiss on the mean evil ones, LOL

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I liked the inappropriate trait actually. They would do just about anything. :p
    I don't miss the fact that we can now do things at our neighbors house without them making us go home because they say it is inappropriate. Actually that isn't tied in with the inappropriate trait at all it was just what happened if you did just about anything at some ones home. Neither your sim nor the sims at the home had to have that trait for it to come up.
    I hope they don't change this in TS4 I like it now! :)