Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medieval Village

I started building a little cottage. It got a bit out of hand. . . .

Why settle for a single household, when you could have an entire village, complete with its own cathedral, library, restaurant, school, and even stables? With ten residences to choose from, you'll never have a chance to get bored of playing hide-and-seek.

[img][/img]09-16-14_5-12nbspPM_zps983cddcc.png
[img][/img]09-16-14_5-21nbspPM_zpse582dc92.png

Comments

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Well hello ... BE STILL MY <3!!! I MUST have this right nao! Origin ID please? Thank you <3<3<3 Going to make me some village people sims while I wait for your id :D
  • Options
    EavingEaving Posts: 132 Member
    Oh wow this is awesome!
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    It got a bit out of hand.... Shocked-smiley.jpg

It TOTALLY got out of hand! But! It is AMAZING!
    Wow! Truly beautiful work (*)
  • Options
    aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member
    My Origin ID is dracifer.

Here are a couple more pictures, since the forum site doesn't like it if I try to upload more than one or two at a time.
    [img][/img]09-16-14_5-14nbspPM_zps283b9694.png
    [img][/img]09-16-14_5-13nbspPM_zpsbca98bbe.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have a crush on you, a crush on your out of control building hands <3 Thank you, going to play with this and have some fun ^_^
    Post edited by Veriona on
  • Options
    I was too excited to make sims so I used some talented sim creators to fill up this village and WOW! The attention to detail put into this lot! Thank you for this build, this will be fun to play around in and take a break from build mode and my sim family game ^_^
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Your medieval village looks so very nice! :) Grear layout and design of the build! Sims will enjoy living there and visiting all the buildings! It is very detailed build! The roofing , the exteriors of the building, the textures that you have used, and the outdoors areas all look so very nice! :) It is a very great build!
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    Looks like the rose red house
    i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Superb man.
  • Options
    TechWiredTechWired Posts: 7 New Member
    WOW. This is phenomenal!
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    This is simply amazing. My hat's off to you sir :mrgreen: I love lots like this with so many nooks and crannies to explore. And it's really creative how you made the crenelations <3
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    WOW!!! So charming and full of character....I actually said the wow aloud when I saw the pictures. :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2014
    Now That's a true creator! Well done. I was thinking the same thing, build towns within towns. Just wait till you see when i'm done with Main Street and the park of Willow Creek ;)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Played this for a good hour, I had some minor lag :( I totally lost all my sims tho LOL they were so hard to track even when I double clicked them :s So much to explore! Makes me want to play some sims medieval.
  • Options
    KtosikKtosik Posts: 88 Member
    Wow!!! This is awesome! (*)
  • Options
    Sa3ana3aSa3ana3a Posts: 79 Member
    Incredible! It looks so awesome! :)
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have GOT to download this and try playing it. This is amazing. :)

ETA: So I brought this into my game and I'm just astounded at how much there is to see and explore. I found a school room!! :D And the cathedral is so pretty, and just all of it really. I'm so going to enjoy this!
    Post edited by simsinmysleep on
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    leftytwogunsleftytwoguns Posts: 31 Member
    Well that's just beyond amazing. It's better than Sims: Medieval :open_mouth:
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    Wow.. the only time I've ever thought I needed to have more than 8 sims for a household. You can fit half the town in this comfortably!
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I saw this on the gallery, great job :)
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited September 2014
    Amazing! Really like it. It has a real good atmosphere to it.
    Another piece that shows off The Sims 4 new and improved visual style. It's much easier to create beautiful things.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2014
    :o:o:o Oh my! That is magnificent! Well done! (*) I love your mediëval village! What is your lot size? You must have bulldozed a maxis lot and started building on it. I have a question. When you share you creation in the gallery does it show as your build? I see some people complaining that they build from scratch after bulldozing a lot but still in the gallery it shows 'maxis' as the creator! Forgot to say I will be sure to put this in my favourites! Brilliant job!
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    It´s great, thankyou for sharing, I love that I can do so much in your lot without loading screens to go anywhere else!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    Good Heavens, when I saw the title of this thread I assumed it would be someone asking for contributors to upload a collection of lots for a medieval style village. Then I noticed the number of replies and was curious...

And let's just say thank goodness curiosity only kills cats, because my word! I'm so glad I took a look. This is stunning. And I can't believe how much of an understatement "it got a bit out of hand" is. Rofl I'll say!

"Yeah, I just plonked a room here, dragged a wall there, and woops... I made a village" :D

Needless to say this is going straight into my favourites.
  • Options
    aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member
    I'm glad for all the feedback. Working on this gave me a lot of opportunity to learn little nuances about the new build mode. Some people have mentioned that there are a lot of little details hiding all over the place, which reminded me that I forgot to mention one of them:

The cathedral is completely removable. It doesn't physically connect to any other structure on the lot, so you can pick it up with the "Move House" command and just simply delete it as a whole, leaving a big open space in the middle of the village for your own home, an open park, or anything else you might want to put there. You'll just have to clean up a bit of landscaping. When I was making it, I thought it might be nice to have a certain customizable option, or someone might just really not want to have anything religious in the game, so I kept the whole building separate. Here are some pictures to show that it can be done:

[img][/img]09-17-14_9-31nbspAM_zpsf1f74e8a.png
    [img][/img]09-17-14_9-32nbspAM_zps7c83d965.png