Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Ideas for a Generations EP

Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
I'm not sure if toddlers will return. But I thought I'd type this before I forget. I know that there's a chance we might not get toddlers in TS4, but if we do, I think they should be alot better then the past tots. With the new emotions systems it feels like there's soo much possibility for them, So i'm just jotting down my ideas. Other simmers feel free to add your ideas too. Anyone against these ideas..well i guess you could ignore it, but I also don't mind you stating your opinion as well, it's the forum after all lol.

Family/Generations like EP

I'll start of my ideas for toddlers if they make a comeback. Here's the Type of Toddler Aspirations that would be nice:

"Little Monsters"
These little ones would be the hardest of the bunch to raise. Lot's of educational programs(that should be added!),time, patience, love and care will be needed for this rambunctious tot. Their likely to brake many things around the house and don't mind showing you that they're the true boss in the house! Warning: Sometimes "Scolding" could cause the tot to get the "tantrum" emotion, so watch out!!!! These little ones usually grow up to be rambunctious or evil sims (i'll add some more traits later).

Aspirations:
"Bundle of Evil": Show those giants whose boss! Cause as much mayhem as possible and see how they like it when they're toys are taken from them.

The Little Einsteins:
Growing smarter everyday. These tots are born to excel and absorb everything learning like a sponge! Educational programs as well as other educational toys make this toddler the happiest. However it tends to get bored rather quickly, so be sure to keep it's mind occupied. Toddlers like these grow up to be Geniuses, Music Lovers,Geeks, and Creative.

Aspirations:
  • "Super Baby": These are the best years of knowledge they say. Why not take advantage of that? Watch educational programs on t.v, use the number/letter charts, and other educational objects to help you absorb enough knowledge to be the best of the best. Don't forget to go to Preschool!
  • "The Next Picasso": Even the great Picasso had started somewhere. Master the art of finger-painting, color in coloring books and you'll be one more big step from achieving your dreams!

Little Angels
The less likely to cause trouble. These little ones are happy when their parents or family is happy with them. Give them plenty of praise for their milestones and their emotion will almost always be very happy, but sometimes will change to "Perfection". Their also great little helpers around the house too. Joining in activities (be it chores or fun), these little ones want to help! These little ones are likely to grow up to be Good, Perfectionist, Proper (umm if we ever get that trait).
  • Aspirations Ideas (like others have said, there should only be one)
  • "Mommy/Daddy's Little Helper": Even big people need help! Let them know by helping them with cooking, cleaning and other things. Who knows, you might learn something!
  • "The Proper Toddler": Who says a toddler can't be clean or be quiet half of the time? Watch the child etiquette program on t.v and continue to get good behavior notes at preschool to achieve this!
Little Adventurer
Now that these little guys are out of their crib, their ready to explore the mysteriously big world around them. However, They're most likely to find many hidden items that they're family hasn't seen before. Like random simeloans in the couch or gems/flowers around the house. These tots are most likely to grow up to be Adventurers or Gatherers.

Aspirations Ideas:
  • "Mini Pirate": Arrgh! they're be lots of treasure out there for a miniature buccaneer! Collect and find many different kinds of gems to impress the even the greatest of pirates!
  • "Souvenir Collector": What does this do-hicky do? What about this thing-a-ma-jig? There's alot of objects that the other inhabitants of the house might not be able to get to since their too big. But with your size and imagination, you can find just about the rarest objects in the house! Try to find many different things and discover what they are! Maybe the large ones can decipher it's mystery.

As you could probably tell from above I thought of some new feature ideas. New things for kids channels that would help both toddler and child (and maybe if we get pre-teen now lol).

TV Program Ideas
  • Princess Penelope and Prince Peter's Charm School: This channel would raises the etiquette skill. As well as Charisma.
  • The Adventure of Dino-Boy: This would raise their "Mischief" and Motor Skill (still thinking of a better name for Mischief).
  • Professor Llama's Preschool At Home: This can raise Logic
  • Bunni's Art and Music: This can raise Painting and the baby drums.
  • Pirates in Training: this would raise the "Gather" skill

New Skills Ideas: (please note, these are just ideas, i'm not for sure if their possible)
  • Mischief Mischief for toddlers I meant lol
  • Etiquette
  • Gather
  • Baby Drums
Preschool:
Yep! You can ship the little ones off to finally learn more then going to the potty. As a matter of fact, the school can provide tutelage in those major milestones if the parent has a busy schedule, though it might cost you extra! Beyond that Preschool toddlers can learn Etiquette, Charisma, Logic, Painting, and Motor, and Baby Drums skill.

Instead of the "grades" they'll soon learn to love/hate as children, Preschool grades are determined by the teacher's day review note home. The review will be divided, one part for educational and the other behavior.

Educational Review
  • Brilliant: "You daughter Emily is phenomenal in school! She's learning things at a very high pace. Might I suggest a gifted school?"
  • Excellent Review: "Emily is doing very well in school, with a little more teachings, she could excel beyond highschool!"
  • Good Review: "Emily has certainly improved. She's finally getting better at coloring in those lines! Perhaps she
  • Okay: "Emily is learning things at a fairly normal pace. Remember every child learns at a different pace, so we'll work to help her understand."
  • Bad: "Emily is having a tough time learning things. We'll try to teach her, but as her parents/family, we hope you do your part too!"
  • Awful: "Emily has very tough time learning anything. We desperately need her family to help out in her educational development."

Behavior Review
  • Brilliant: "Your toddler is outstanding in class! She sits quietly during storytime and she always shares her toys with the other children, A true little angel! "
  • Excellent: "I'm quite surprised with your Toddler! She's the only child in my class who actually wants to help me pass out the baby carrots around the class!"
  • Good: "Emily is doing very well, she's starting to learn how to be patient, and that she can't always have her way. I'm glad we're making progress."
  • Okay: "Emily has started to listen to us. However sometimes she doesn't. Her family needs to help teach her more manners"
  • Bad: "Emily is becoming quite a burden of the class. She's doesn't like to share at all and refuses to listen to us."
  • Awful: "Your child is a Little Monster!! We have no idea how to handle her! Not only doesn't she listen to us, she also causes havoc among the preschool, breaking everything (which we hope you'll be paying for!!) and putting play-doe in her classmates hair. Get Help or The Social Worker!"

(^please note: that last pharse is meant to be only a world play, but it would be funny if that happened in game xD)

Toddler Homework Idea:
-Tots bring a book home to practice writing their letters/numbers.

Object Ideas:
  • an Abc Chart (great for charisma/social)
  • a Number Chart (good for logic)
  • Coloring Book (good for both toddlers and children in creativity skill)
  • Educational Dolls (like umm Mr. Smarty bear is what i thought of for the logic skill).
  • Miss Tea Potts tea table (this toy will help children and toddlers raise the etiquette skill)
  • Many baby safe things for the house!
  • Toddler Beds
  • Miss Tea Potts tea table for teen- elder (cause tea time should be for everyone!)

New Interactions Ideas:
  • Family members child and up can hold the toddler's hand while walking (once it has the ability to walk). It should come in handy at community lots.
  • Toddlers can climb upon furniture.
  • Toddlers also have the ability to break certain objects like computers, lamps or decor.
  • Kids and Teens would have the ability to egg their neighbors houses. Or throw toilet paper and water balloons around the place.
  • Kids can tease their toddler siblings. While Teens can tease their children siblings (like saying "Your ADOPTED!!" lol)
  • Toddlers can also annoy their older siblings (like step on their foot or steal their stuff).
  • Kids can steal their older siblings diaries and find out their deepest darkest secret.
  • Kids and teens can get detention.(I've never seen this in the base, u_u i tried to make the worst student ever and....nothing)
  • Toddlers can find hidden/random items around the house. They can also find gems and flowers.
  • Toddlers can have tantrums which can result in their mood going to "angry" and would result in them really wanting to cause more trouble.
  • The playpen and Walker could make a return. Oh and the Toddlers can sometimes if the toddler is mischievous or adventurous, they have the interaction to climb out of the playpen xD
  • Teens and kids can have diaries/journals.
  • Toddlers can help their family out while preparing a meal and by cooking. They can also gain a cooking skill by doing so.
  • Families can help teach their toddlers by showing them how to clean up. They'll gain a neat skill and next time they may think twice before touching the toilet lol
  • Parents can ground, scold, praise, and congratulate all kid-like stages (toddler - teen).
  • Parents can put their toddler or child into "time out" however this can have either result good or bad effects.
  • Toddlers have social interactions with other toddlers.
  • Kids can feed their toddler siblings tiny carrots or sliced apples. A handy little snack until mommy and daddy get home.
  • Kids and Teens can influence and teach toddlers certain tricks, like whistling, snapping, or fart noises (lol my cousin thought of that)
  • Brides can use "Throw bouquet" interaction after their wedding (it should be rather funny to see all of those brides maids/adult female guests jumping after it xD)

Little Feature Ideas
  • Some toddlers are faster walkers and can use the interaction "run" interaction. Parents can chase their toddler around as family play. But sometimes they'll run if their also in trouble lol.
  • Other toddlers are well gifted in talking and can use a "Long conversation" interaction which would give the other sim a "Where's the Mute Button?" Moodlet.
  • Private School Return
  • Elders are handy with knitting and can create special clothes for toddlers-adults. The clothes will give a "Grandma's Love" moodlet.
  • A New career/service called "Photographer". and could come over the how and take a family picture for the family :D and allow them to hang the picture on the wall.
  • A Match Making Service.

• Supernatural/Life-State: Tooth Fairy!
    Those baby teeth won't stay in for long. And that's where the tooth fairy comes in! Everynight when your little one is fast asleep,

• The Parenting System
    Okay, So the preschool can't do everything for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. There will obviously be some values in life that you will have to teach your child yourself. However, since your the parent, it's up to you to decide on how to raise your toddler. Praising your toddler when they learn how to walk and talk, and for helping you in the kitchen will aspire them to continue to do those things and become good children, smart children. However Praising them for smashing,breaking, biting, running around when they shouldn't will inspire them to also..to go into the destruction child xD. To prevent one or the other, simply scold them if their doing something you don't want them to do. You can also influence them to help you harvest items, maybe even help out with gardening,show them many objects that are probably mysterious to their eyes. these are good values for a Little Adventurer. Finally if you introduce your child to educational items like: T.V Programs, Coloring books, educational dolls, Baby Drums, Abc/Number Charts, and your child will be on it's way to a Little Eisenstein. It's also possible to have a toddler with the mixture of all 4 types, so your free to raise your child in any way you'd like. However of course, Parenting doesn't stop there...it's only the beginning (literary), your toddlers will continue out their personality through childhood. And like preschool, an behavior review will be given for elementary students, however unlike preschool can have great benefits or pretty annoying consequences. Having an good behavior in school could allow children to learn some hidden skill, teachers will be less demanding when it comes to late homework, also sometimes prizes can be rewarded. Consequences for bad behavior would result in detention, and voluntary work for the school, as well as a possible suspension if it gets worse. These behavior reviews continue into teen years until they graduate. Please note ofcouse, their separate for your child-teen's 'actual' grades, however if your sim's 'bad' behavior continues after highschool, the college may think twice of omitting them, though if they're grades are good it's possible for them to make an exception (it would be awesome to make this a risky chance for those with 'bad' behavior but good grades, like 50/50 for the school to say yes or no).

• Toddlers and Technology
    Almost every very very young child i've known has had a big fascination with technology objects lol. I'd find it amazing to see the toddlers have the decision to either try to press the keys/buttons on a computer/laptop(if we get those again) or smash the keys/buttons (if they're more mischievous xD)
  • Little Helpers in the Kitchen
    This feature is great for bonding with your family. Toddlers & Kids can help their family prepare meals or help bake cooking and in result could gain cooking experience from it. Children can also mimic what they've learned with a Little Bake Oven.
  • Bridesmaids & Groomsmen
    Okay, this is something i've been thinking about ever since I re-watched the original TS3: Generations trailer. I think the wedding ceremony setup in TS4 is beautiful. But i've been wondering...."what about the possibility of bridesmaids?" that would make the wedding a bit fun/funny in some ways. Allow the bride to pick her Bridesmaids' dresses and let those Bridesmaids show their feelings if they completely hate the dress xD.
  • I Object/I'm not ready!!
    I can't begin to tell you how many of my sim stories I've made that i've had one of the sims' ex boyfriends/husbands/secret crushes stop their wedding. I think this interaction would be very very fun (um with a option to turn it off for those who don't want it lol). Also I think it would be good to have a "I'm just not ready" interaction for the bride and groom. and they'll have the option to either postpone the wedding or leave the sim at the alter.
  • Dating Features:
    I Just got a random idea on dating. How about we add a few types of dates? The sim's traits would determine the type of date they prefer. It could also add some great restaurant lots in the game tooo.

-Club Date: Perfect for the social butterflies who love to be around people, even with their date lol
    -Fun Date: Who doesn't enjoy a trip to the bowling alley?
    -Cheap Date: some people just love the simple pleasures of a bowl of fries and old worn out chairs from your local food joint.
    -Fancy Date: Nothing but the best! Everything down to the napkin is quite expensive. However, there shouldn't be any price to be put over your date lol.
  • Blind Date
    A Blind date would be perfect for simmers who don't know what to expect and for those looking for something fresh. Careful though, you never know what the Match-Makers could bring you!
  • Parents Night Out
    A perfect restaurant for Parents trying to get away from being...well....parents for just one night xD.

Jobs

-Teacher
    It can be a hard, dangerous, yet rewarding job. Work your way up from Preschool monsters to the sleepy college students lol.

-Marriage Counselor
    Some people are just made for each-other. Then there's those who need a little help seeing why they fell in love in the first place...or why they aren't compatible at all. Help save marriages that are on the brink of divorce, or stop them and save them from another 50 years of misery! The Choice is yours!!!

-HomeMaker
    Bored with the daily 9-5? Want to be there for your children, without worrying of making it home before dinner or even bedtime? Well HomeMaker is the job for you! You can manage your house, children and get paid for doing things you finally should be given credit for!

• Community College
    All that hard work from preshool to high school are finally going to pay off in a awesome way. After finally completing highschool, your sim will finally be able to advance their educations in a local college in their town (both willow creek and oasis springs could have one). Depending on how well you succeeded with your education between preschool and highschool would determine your level in college. Once gifted preschoolers might have a much higher level in college then those who had a tough time. Or if you were a late bloomer and excelled better in elementary you will also have a pretty high level. Average students have a fair start in community college and if they work hard, can catch up with their genius classmates. Students who didn't excel at all (or barley got out of college with awful grades), might have some trouble compared to the others, but just as the average students, there's still hope.

(Note: I don't think this would effect/conflict with a possible "University" like EP. As a matter of fact it would probably enhance it if their both installed. A simmer that graduated from community college, has a chance to advance their education at a university, and that would probably leave access to other jobs)

New Parties Ideas: (Some have already been suggested but just jotting down some)
    • Baby Shower ( I think this would be a great addition especially with how great pregnancy is this go around)
    • An Anniversary Party! (I miss these from the sims 2 and would love a better revamp version).
    Community Lot Idea:
    • Retirement Village: A new sub neighborhood where elders can live in peace and away from the awful whiny noises of the world. Where they can enjoy golfing, gardening, fishing and other fun activities without worrying about someone's homework or the awful dreaded line "Am I in your will ma/pa?". There could also be some hidden features there too...perhaps a mysterious fountain of youth? :O
    • A few age restricted lots?: This would allow mature adults to mingle with others of their own age. Or Young Adults with only YA. And let teens have their own hangout. even a learning center for children to study or have fun.

[*]Family Shopping Mall: Mom's old dress is loosing it's color, Dad's shoes have tooo many holes in them, and the kids are growing like weeds!! Never fear, the family shopping mall is coming to a neighborhood near you! Here you can buy more clothes for your whole family, along with getting their first haircut or many hair-styling. There's also fun for the whole family!
    - Family Salon for haircuts/hairstyles
    - Buy-able Clothes for All Ages (I wish it would be possible for babies...but i doubt it's possible)
    - hangout section for pre/teens
    - a playroom section for children and toddlers
    - a lovely lounge-ish like section for adults/YA

Pre-Teens
    The Socially Awkward stage full of many uncontrollable emotions. No longer a child, but not quite a teen...simply in-between! Their Aspirations are also unique from their in between stages as well.
    • Princess Fashionista: Why wait for teen years to look your best? But then again why also throw away your princess dolls too? Why not have both?! Show those middle school-ers you can rock the latest teen fashions while still being able to keep up with the newest princess dolls,

• Pre-teen Idol: It's never too soon to start your dreams! Practice your guitar, take some singing lessons, or start your own comedy
    • Fairy-tale Love: "And Prince and his Princess lived happily ever after"...These Preteens feel that the fairy-tails they've been reading and watching since they were in diapers are totally true! And why wait for till they're old and gray to find their one true crush?

Suggestions from other simmers:
    • Bridal Shower party
    • Wedding Anniversary
    • Return the old Sims 2 point system for personality, zodiac/horoscope.
      Good – Bad
      Sirius – playful
      Neat – messy
      Friendly – unfriendly
    • More adult stage features (trying to think of some)
    • Teens can help their parents fix cars (ummm perhaps an 'object' cars since we don't have actual cars? Like the one from roaring heights)
    • Ring Bearer & Flower Girl for weddings
    • Optional auto in-game pictures of the sim family members to be hanged over within the sim family house.
    • Family Reunion as a Social Event for sim relatives (perhaps like how seasons' festival was?)
    • Toys: Big Wheels, New Dolls, New Action Figures, Kitchen Set (one to boost Cooking skill ofcourse), Playhouse
    • Add Pre-teens

I Update this as soon as I think of a new idea or whenever I read a veiwers post, so keep checking in so we can keep this thread active! :heart:
tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
Post edited by Dreamie209 on

Comments

• Options
    @SimGuruGrant: I'm hoping you've read this ;o
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Some great base ideas. I like your toddler aspirations, although they may need to be simplified down to one for each category in order to better tie into the four aspirations already existent for children.

You've also put a heavy emphasis on the younger life stages and considering the high quality of what you've thought for them, I would like to see your thoughts on the older age groups. Shipping elders off to retirement homes seems rather cruel, as it takes them away from thier families, which doesn't seem to fit the unity presetn in the Generations concept. I'd love to see your take on the mid-life crisis too!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Some great base ideas. I like your toddler aspirations, although they may need to be simplified down to one for each category in order to better tie into the four aspirations already existent for children.

You've also put a heavy emphasis on the younger life stages and considering the high quality of what you've thought for them, I would like to see your thoughts on the older age groups. Shipping elders off to retirement homes seems rather cruel, as it takes them away from their families, which doesn't seem to fit the unity presetn in the Generations concept. I'd love to see your take on the mid-life crisis too!

Aww thank you for your thoughts on it! I could really use more reviews on it. Sometimes i'm just jotting down things that come to mind. Hmm you might be right for the aspirations being down to one per aspiration. I think I added two so EA could get some ideas on it. But yes, I agree there should be one aspiration per category. And I think that while I said a retirement home, I was thinking of a retirement village. My grammy lives in a retirement village and she's rather happy with the freedom she has. x-x sorry for the misunderstanding. But you are right about that. Hmmm Mid-life Crisis? :O I recalled them in the Sims 3, It would cause alot of fun too xD. Hmm I'll see.

Edit: hmm It's sort of tough for me to think of something for mid-life crisis. o .o since i've never been through it lol i'm only 19. But perhaps my dad could enlighten me about it, or maybe the older sim community can help out with this. I did tend to focus on the younger generation since not only have i been through those issues, I'm raising my nephew right now and he'd pretty much fit the toddler category, so it was rather easy to come up with the aspirations and other things lol. Though I think i might ask my family of the older lifestages about what they would think.
  • Options
    BearLandBucFanBearLandBucFan Posts: 91 Member
    Good ideas Abby! Yeah simplify them just a little bit otherwise they overstep the kids a little. You'll want to build toward kid but not surpass them. I'd really like Events and Dates be expanded upon. Perhaps with a Seasons/Generations combo called Holidays. I like your idea on Toddlers, and expansion on Adults to separate them a bit more from YA's. In RL YA's and Adults are vastly different in how they interact with others, see the world, and even think of things. Sims is a Simulation of this, so separating them a bit would be nice. Going back to events. I think they can be built upon, almost leveled like Careers. Dates could be broke down as well. Maxis has to now take what they have started and expand upon it, make them even more like RL. You can add seasons in to add even more events, Careers, moodlets, etc. :)
  • Options
    Good ideas Abby! Yeah simplify them just a little bit otherwise they overstep the kids a little. You'll want to build toward kid but not surpass them. I'd really like Events and Dates be expanded upon. Perhaps with a Seasons/Generations combo called Holidays. I like your idea on Toddlers, and expansion on Adults to separate them a bit more from YA's. In RL YA's and Adults are vastly different in how they interact with others, see the world, and even think of things. Sims is a Simulation of this, so separating them a bit would be nice. Going back to events. I think they can be built upon, almost leveled like Careers. Dates could be broke down as well. Maxis has to now take what they have started and expand upon it, make them even more like RL. You can add seasons in to add even more events, Careers, moodlets, etc. :)

oh yeah xD Now that I like. A Seasons and Generations. Or adding Hoildays in Generations. I was also thinking of a community college too like but a more simplified version so it wouldn't get in the way of an actual University if it came out. True I'll see if I can shorten the tots stuff. Annnd I'm trying to come up with some YA & Adult, especially with the mid-life crisis thing. ooooh maybe for dates it should be like "Mature date finder" like the gspy they had in TS2 for "Blind Dates" (err minus the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 maybe lol). Make It look professional but adding a dash of "wacky" sims style. Oh I was just thinking of some jobs too! The return of teachers/professors would be nice. Kay thinking of some more, thanks for your thoughts! :D
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I personally am extremely hopeful that the first EP will be generations themed. I like a lot of your ideas. They definitely need to add toddlers and associated content. I'd also like more kid's beds/bedroom themes and toys (perhaps a doll, rocking horse, and so on). Retirement homes or something like that specifically for elders would be nice as well. There are also some little things that I think need to be immediately fixed that would fit into this expansion idea: family trees, ability for people to change their name when they get married, and for the game to keep track of more family relationships (I think it's ridiculous that the game doesn't label in-laws, step-parents/siblings, etc.). I'd also like a couple of new careers, education for sure but really anything more traditional than the careers included in the base game. I'd also like one more wedding thing: officiants. It doesn't need to be religious at all, it's just something I feel has been missing from previous games.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I put an idea for Love and Family EP in the main Sims 4 forum and then pasted it here to ideas. Your toddler ones just add to it so nicely. They could of course make two one a love and the other one Family additions.
  • Options
    tratincica_bgtratincica_bg Posts: 3 New Member
    I actually prefer Sims 2 type of character building. At birth you get 10 points and they are combination of your genetics or horoscope sign, and then as you grow older you unlock more points and more options.
    Like from the start you get line on witch opposite ends are:
    Good – Bad
    Sirius – playful
    Neat – messy
    Friendly – unfriendly
    And so on…
    As you grow and interact with people and things you change, your character changes and grows, as in real life. People, who spend time guiding its Sims through all the phases of life, should in the end be reworded with truly unique and colorful characters.
    Challenges should be some real life experiences, not this Sims 4 type RPG quest.
    Like if you spent your toddler / childe stage in house with toys and books, you are far more likely to end up being awkward teenager then someone who spent their time on a playground (but you will beat them at chess any time).

Baby and toddler stage are really left out in Sims 3 and 4.
    Grant you, babies don’t do anything much, but people react to them and buy stuff for them.
    Like if you tell your best friend happy news they should react somehow. If they like kids they should be: “OMG, good for you, I want one too!” or if they don’t like kids, but like you: “OMG, I’m so happy for you, but I wish that will never happen to me!”
    From everything posted I don’t get the feeling that they do anything in Sims 4. Like it’s not normal for someone with soul mate romantic aspiration to go to 10 weddings and not be like: “I want to merry too, please!”

Some type of hopes and fears from Sims 2 should make a comeback.

And toddlers are most inquisitive and interesting part of life, when we there to do anything, and yet they are so boring in Sims 3. They, who in real life, interact with anyone and anything, can’t do pretty much anything.

People love to create things that will be used by their loved ones. I think EA is completely dropped the ball on that in Sims series. Mum making a favorite meal or a cake for her family. Woodcutter, who will be able to carve a crib or a chair or a toy for his newborn. Granma who will knit a sweeter or sew a quilt for her grandchild. Dead fixing some old car for his teenager and teaching him to drive…

People miss that family thing – relationships between generations and relatives. Special little things we do for people we love, to show them we care.
    Yes it is fun to explore a tomb, once or twice, but tucking your baby and giving him a kiss while it sleeps beats it every time, especially if the animations are great.

I think Sims game is going towards simplification, rather than more complexity, which is a shame in a way. There are many older players out there who would relish a challenge of playing real life simulator.
    EA thinks that if they build a lacking game, easy to play, easy to give satisfaction I will buy it, and then like a junky I will buy all the DLC to give myself another fix.
    On the other hand, I believe that we value things by the time we put in it. If they put time to build a game that will draw me in completely, so that I will spend hours on play and crating my perfect Sims, then I will buy more DLC for them, because they will be important to me, and I would want to extend their shelf life, so to speak.

I know this can’t be done in EP’s, but at least some of it.
  • Options
    Ello Ello Everyone :D. Thank you soo much for your feedback & ideas!

• Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    OOOO I love this thread. Great job dreamie can I add an idea.

Wedding anniversary parties. Both Anniversary parties and baby showers someone should bring a gift.

I know they have bachlorette parties but they also have bridal showers and people bring gifts those as well.

Something to improve for a Generation Ep is children helping out at home. An example of that is when mom is baking cookies kids normally like to come help so more family interactions where they work together in the simulator is best.

It could go something like Bake cookies with etc.

Or even showing them how to do certain skills and earn them, this works for teens too. Help build car with.... Or help make bed with.... etc. Level up their handy or cleaning skills.

Help with homework i loved with sims 2.

I don't want to see just rebellious teens because i don't believe all teens are rebellious. I'd like to see teens actually have a prom with dances, backdrops photographer etc.

Let this be a new career hands on or someone you can higher to make an in game scrap book your sims can look at. Hire Photographer for events or family photos etc. I just love the idea of that and family is all about keep sakes and good memories.

I have lots more ideas but um i don't know if it's okay to post them i don't want to flood your thread.
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »
    OOOO I love this thread. Great job dreamie can I add an idea.

Wedding anniversary parties. Both Anniversary parties and baby showers someone should bring a gift.

I know they have bachlorette parties but they also have bridal showers and people bring gifts those as well.

Something to improve for a Generation Ep is children helping out at home. An example of that is when mom is baking cookies kids normally like to come help so more family interactions where they work together in the simulator is best.

It could go something like Bake cookies with etc.

Or even showing them how to do certain skills and earn them, this works for teens too. Help build car with.... Or help make bed with.... etc. Level up their handy or cleaning skills.

Help with homework i loved with sims 2.

I don't want to see just rebellious teens because i don't believe all teens are rebellious. I'd like to see teens actually have a prom with dances, backdrops photographer etc.

Let this be a new career hands on or someone you can higher to make an in game scrap book your sims can look at. Hire Photographer for events or family photos etc. I just love the idea of that and family is all about keep sakes and good memories.

I have lots more ideas but um i don't know if it's okay to post them i don't want to flood your thread.

Yeaah I was just thinking of wedding anniversaries too! omg yeah Bridal showers :D. Ooooh and I just thought of something too, Bridemaids and Groomsmen! And the Bride could pick out the Bridemaids dresses lol that would be perfect for story-telling lol.

And about helping with cooking :D I was thinking about something like that for the little Angel (toddlers) but it would be great for both kids and tots to help their mothers or siblings (teens) with cookies, cakes and other things :D.

Oooh yes, Prom must return! I was thinking about this a few days ago while I was play TS3 and TS4. There's a dress in TS4 that looks identical to the one in TS3:Generations. It feels like a Easter egg even though they said they don't put easter eggs in the game anymore (still feels like it to me lol). I think for prom, they should allow us to pick a lot for it (since the school isn't visible). I know for my proms in real life, we never had them in the school. They were all in lovely clubhouses or Hotel ballrooms, but perhaps sim students can choose where they want their prom to be.

Yeah ;o the return of the photographer. I just thought of something too, making it an actual career again could actually work too. there could be a branch, one would be: "Family Photographer" and the other would be maybe fashion or something idk. But one would certainly be "Family Photographer"

And hey, The more ideas, the merrier ;o. This way the gurus have more inspiration. :D

• Options
    Updated my first post! Added a few more things. It's sooo much stuff now :joy: ~
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Don't forget the ring bearer and the flower girl. Always cute to have for weddings? You know what i feel that for players who do generational play or legacy play they should have The family tree where you cold actually get a little photo op of your sims family tree to hang in your house.

Also think what would be great is to offer Family Reunion as a party option when you reach to the 3rd generation of play. All the simmers in your family come to the party to meet and eat and whatever.

Hmmmm I think the game should give dolls for girls and boys to play with. You know how you have your favorite growing up or action figure. I think the game should also add in big wheels, play houses, play kitchens, etc. I think we could use more advanced playing for the kids. Sims 3 did do a nice job at a lot of content i'd like to see more depth though.

Oh and i love toddler hugs in sims 2. That's a definite bring back cause it was so cute.
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »
    Don't forget the ring bearer and the flower girl. Always cute to have for weddings? You know what i feel that for players who do generational play or legacy play they should have The family tree where you cold actually get a little photo op of your sims family tree to hang in your house.

Also think what would be great is to offer Family Reunion as a party option when you reach to the 3rd generation of play. All the simmers in your family come to the party to meet and eat and whatever.

Hmmmm I think the game should give dolls for girls and boys to play with. You know how you have your favorite growing up or action figure. I think the game should also add in big wheels, play houses, play kitchens, etc. I think we could use more advanced playing for the kids. Sims 3 did do a nice job at a lot of content i'd like to see more depth though.

Oh and i love toddler hugs in sims 2. That's a definite bring back cause it was so cute.

@Anavastia : O_O I can't believe I forgot about the ring bearer and flower girl! That would be so adorable!! omg and a "throw bouquet" interaction xDDD. I'd totally love to see the legacy photos of alll of the ancestors within the sim family house. It would bring so much depth and story-telling to the game. I can just imagine the elder sims telling stories of the generation that came before him. It would be neat if they made it into a interaction for every ancestor photo on the wall and for the elder/adult etc. would be awesome and the grandkids/great-grandkids could have a "Proud Legacy" from hearing those stories.

Family Reunion sounds great! Especially if there are some unknown relatives around due to hidden secrets xD. But ofcourse I love the family fun and maybe some hidden mini games they can do there. Similiar to how Season' festival grounds were, that's the image i'm getting in my mind ;o.

My niece was actually talking about some more toys in the game too. She also asked me to make Princess Sofia (her favorite Disney princess) into a sim lol. It made me hope that they'll soon make some barbie or baby dolls...hmm now I just thought of a hidden skill xDDD. If a child plays with her baby doll enough she'll gain a few "parenting" skills. I can think of a few monster and pirate toys for the boys too, my nephew is a huge Henry Hugglemonster fan xD. Play kitchens are a total must especially if they're going to help the family out with baking, it's perfect for when their not baking with family :D . Ooh the big wheels idea gives me a bigger one too. I was thinking about the power-wheels barbie pink Volkswagen Beetle I had as a little girl. I'd drive in it for hours untill the battery died lol. I'd love for them to make something like that. Someone may as well be able to drive in the game, even if it's only a toy car xD.
  • Options
    Update: Added a few of the other simmers suggestions
  • Options
    Updated: Added More Jobs and a few more feature ideas.
  • Options
    tyenetyene Posts: 65 Member
    I would LOVE to see a homemaker as a career. It would be stipend (we need to invest in children and families as the simgovernment!) and it would be a "freelance job" mainly consisting on doing a little array of different things. Aspirations would be like throwing a kinder-ball (would love to see it as a party), prepare cookies for baking sale at school and other "homey" stuff like that, including of course raising little angels. Of course if someone just wanted to be unemployed, the could be, but being homemaker would be nice to finally acknowledge stay-at-home sims.

What do you think?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @tyene: ooooh interesting job :o! And I agree it would add in perfectly for the little angels. I could totally see this a stay-at-home job :D (something the simmys may defiantly need if toddlers return lol). Yeah helping out the schools with bake sales and raising money for sim charitiy by having parties (and saving money for their own sim home) would raise their stipend. This idea sounds realllly good :D. The sims are really going to need some "stay-at-home" jobs in this expansion. This one is a great start to it! I'll add it to the thread for ya.

*Edit:* Speaking of "work at home" I was wondering about "Home Schooling" too. That would be great for the parents who want to teach their children everything and it would probably bring fourth some "at-home" school objects.
  • Options
    tyenetyene Posts: 65 Member
    I was thinking about it too! Homeschooling sounds awesome. :D Totally agree. I really hope EA better listen to us right now. We definitely need some extensive family-related job and education ideas. I also think that maybe we should have private schools too. I know schools are not "visible" in the game, but it would be nice if we could choose to which type of school we send our kids to.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    A couple of us suggested homeschooling in the Ask a SimGuru thread one day and they liked the idea! Also, I posted a couple of Generations-type EP ideas a while ago - please feel free to crib! Your topics are active and mine fell away :) This was my EP idea for toddlers/preteens/education/childcare: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782184/ep-idea-early-years, and this was my EP idea for old people/genealogy/reunions/seniors' homes: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782186/ep-idea-legacy
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @tyene: yeah perhaps they could be like how TS3 generations were, but like minus they would actually have to leave home for many many days lol. But the many choices of schools they had. And with those schools could also determine the behavior, skill, etc for your child too.

@luthienrising: ooh! x-x i had no idea. I like your thread too. Honestly when I started this thread I was simply impacted by a plumbomb of ideas that I don't think I looked very hard for other threads (awful on my part .-.) lol. I honestly feel like I have to thank @BearLandBucFan, who truly brought that out of me xD. During that one thread in the TS4 forums, I could honestly say that I finally understood those who didn't want/didn't care for tots because, I finally seen how boring they might seem to others. One day while playing TS2 and TS3 I looked at the toddlers in both games, and then I look at my nephew who i'm raising on my own. Now it's not that I'm looking for an identical representation of him lol but I think that they were just missing the many epic values of them. And then it made myself ask this question "Why do you want toddlers in this particular Sims game?" and honestly it wasn't because they were in the first two games or because I enjoyed raising them. Mostly I realized I wanted to see them appear in this game because out of many life stages (probably aside from teens lol), they're emotions change as quick as jackrabbit lol. I was really looking forward to seeing how they'd react to things and how it would effect their mood. Also I like your thread for the elders! x-x sadly since i'm no where close to an elder, I hadn't a clue of what to put for them.
  • Options
    Deb2of9RNDeb2of9RN Posts: 2 New Member
    I love most of your ideas. I am disappointed that we do not have toddlers. Not only do I want them, I want improved interactions and actions. For instance, in Sims 3 you have toddlers, but they can not learn to walk or crawl up the stairs. I think they should have this and we should have "baby gates" to keep them out. I want interactions between the different age groups. For instance kids and teens playing with or reading to them and toddlers playing with each other, not just in a play pen. I also like the idea of toddlers exploring. That is what they do and I agree with this game being based on emotions, toddlers open up a lot of possible reactions.

I also think we should have baby showers. My daughter wants more realistic labor. She complains that not only does it take longer to have a baby at home in SIM3 but that all they can do is walk around moaning. In real life the woman would interact with family, read, watch tv, etc and the labor would get worse/closer together as it was closer to the birth. We can have it exactly like a real delivery, but at least the mother to be could interact with others, go to the bathroom, have a shower, a light snack, or something while they were waiting for the baby to come.
  • Options
    @Deb2of9RN: I totally agree with you. Around july when I heard about the no toddlers in base game, I was like "Aww noo D:...I hope they patch them in." but that thought is long gone from my mind. Because those words you said in your 3rd sentence is exactly what I thought when I finally played the Sims 4. Having them "patched" in as the same toddlers would only give them the same limited clothes, interactions wouldn't do any of us simmers justice, and that would go for both those who do and don't want them. Then the next thing you'd know...EA would remove them again 5 years lol (i'm not saying for certain but you get the picture), because they had limited things and people would complain of their limited things. Which is why I totally agree with you, we need more then just patched toddlers. End the cycle by improving them and I agree that toddlers should be able to crawl/ walk up the stairs, heck that could also be a miniature skill for them :O.

Yeah I agree with the baby shower, I was thinking about that and that's why i added that. I can't remember the last time I had a home-baby in TS3 (I usually went to the hospital). But I do know that in TS4, the labor can be very long and unpredictable of getting birth and she is indeed able to walk, interact, shower, food, annd even go to work while in labor untill her baby is born.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I'd love for Toddlers to return - in fact, I think if Toddlers came back and they got rid of object babies I would break down and buy TS4.

But I doubt that any new age groups will be added to TS4 or even could be added. Adding Toddlers at this point would require a tremendous amount of recoding of the base game. I honestly believe that we are stuck with object-babies and the remaining 2 age-sets (children and teens/ young adults/ adults/ elders) for the rest of this series.

It is just like the decision to put rabbithole restaurants and stores in TS3 meant that we never got open restaurants and stores.

I hope I am wrong, I really do. Although Toddlers were never my favorite age-group, their disappearance really cuts into the whole generational-type play that was added in TS2 - for me at least. Every time I see an object-baby age up into a child I have an unpleasant flash-back to TS1.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Schweighsr: I respect if not also understand your thoughts on it. There hasn't been one moment that goes by while I'm jotting these things down that there's a high possibility that we might not ever see them again. I too have a creepy flash back to TS1. It was one of the few things that I didn't like about it as a child. Just staring at it...It used to actually scare me lol, I guess it still does in some aspects because I always turn the game away if i age up my kid for TS4 (who doesn't stay a baby less then 3 seconds...I just don't like the 'sim object' thing lol it's too painful for me too).
    I think more or less, what's driving me to continue to do this thread is because...one of our (now) most famous/popular lifestage, was originally exclusive to college students and eventually they made them on their own. I understand that it may take lots and lots of re-coding to not just add but improve a stage that was excluded from the game. But I guess hope is all I have. But I just wanted to type my ideas as well as how others feel or want in a Generations like EP then to never know what would haven't if at the very least I didn't try.