Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my entire town died of old age in 5 hours of game play

Subject says it all...I was the only one left alive....

Comments

• Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Did you uncheck the option that allows the game to automatically refill houses...?
  • Options
    JekaJekaJekaJeka Posts: 94 Member
    LOL

That happened to me too :( So I just made randoms or "managed unplayed lots" and moved them into random lots in the neighborhood. You can still edit households which have no living sim in it, for example once the Goth family was dead I could still go in and "manager" their household so I just made new sims, changed the last name but kept the goth money which meant I could move them in to the more expensive lots without any problems.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    beware the zambies :(
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    I just turned aging off entirely
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »
    Did you uncheck the option that allows the game to automatically refill houses...?

I kinda wish that option would also fill vacant houses too, but I might go ahead and randomly generate some families to fill my neighborhood up with lol.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »

I kinda wish that option would also fill vacant houses too, but I might go ahead and randomly generate some families to fill my neighborhood up with lol.

Erm... that's what its supposed to do ? Fill vacant lots in your neighborhood.
  • Options
    JekaJeka wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »

Erm... that's what its supposed to do ? Fill vacant lots in your neighborhood.

Weird. I got that checked, and visiting the house my sim wife used to live in, it was vacant still. It didn't get no randomly generated sims.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I have the same problem. All the houses are empty now that people died of old age.

And yes I have the option to refill houses checked.

Meh... :/
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Your not alone.The only solution I came up with is getting Sims from the gallery and dropping them into the empty houses.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Are you sure they died of old age and not because of snu snu!??
  • Options
    Yes, I've had the same problem so I just created sims and placed them in the neighborhood randomly. I unchecked the box, saved the game and quit then 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it and check the box, now next time I play I have to wait and see what happens since some simmers were telling me that it actually does work for them so we might just be experiencing a bug.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014
    Weird. I have been playing for a week now and no problem at all. I do have the game on the longest version, and aging on for everyone - but no sign of everyone getting elder yet (there were two elder households in game though.)- in fact the game moved in new sims in the two houses that had the elders and I believe the elders died - as I met the new sims a few times. One was just a single guy - not sure if he is YA or AD and the other is a family of 4 - mom, dad, kid, and teen. So my game is replacing sims when sims die off and still leaving the two empty houses I built empty as i hoped it would - as those have a purpose so I am hoping they stay empty. They should - I left the beds and toilets out. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Weird. I have been playing for a week now and no problem at all. I do have the game on the longest version, and aging on for everyone - but no sign of everyone getting elder yet (there were two elder households in game though.)- in fact the game moved in new sims in the two houses that had the elders and I believe the elders died - as I met the new sims a few times. One was just a single guy - not sure if he is YA or AD and the other is a family of 4 - mom, dad, kid, and teen. So my game is replacing sims when sims die off and still leaving the two empty houses I built empty as i hoped it would - as those have a purpose so I am hoping they stay empty. They should - I left the beds and toilets out. hehehe

I'm also running my game on longest. But I been playing pretty casually, so haven't really gotten any elders yet. But I definitely wanted the pancakes to live on so I edited their household and genetically produced a daughter for them.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I am running on normal and to manage the out of world members, I got rid of half the elders and added my CAS sims to the households. I have yet to see the CAS sims, all I got were more elders, most of my non played households are elders or dead. Now when my sim go to the bars/lounges, they are all elderly. I am not prejudiced but want to play a love interest for my sim at least longer than a week. That Oasis town is definitely looking like a retirement development now.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Oh wow, I just tonight got the wife impregnated in that household. I did not stay there so don't know if she had the baby yet. I was busy trying to do several skills on my sim for his promotions so was sort of oblivious to everything else. I'm trying the astronaut career and he needs a lot more money to build himself a rocket. Trying to do it the hardway. I'll have to go back to Bobs house tomorrow when I go in. I also want to add to the Goths and a few other houses as well, so I doubt any will run empty. I played Sims 3 in epic aging - so I actually wish the aging was done like that - but long is better than nothing. I like to see familiar sims a long time plus have plenty of time to jump in different homes as I go along too. It did not work very well in Sims 3 - but in 4 it is working great - so far anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Dang for real? What was the lifespan setting? I always have to set my sims to longest.
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy Posts: 12 New Member
    I have no issues with that so far in fact one of the houses I built myself has been populated so it does seem to be working.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    My game has a lot of random townies and most of those are elderly. It's annoying because I would rather just have my created sims interacting with one another. I turned off the option to fill the houses. At first I was deleting the townies but there are far too many to do that every time I switch household. I've got quite a lot of households and am planning to play them a week at a time, so I am stumped about dealing with all the randoms.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ricardovfgomesricardovfgomes Posts: 5 New Member
    Same thing happens in my game. The houses will be always empy unless I move a household in, even if the option of automatically populating the houses is on. It's definitely another glitch, let's hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Same thing happens in my game. The houses will be always empy unless I move a household in, even if the option of automatically populating the houses is on. It's definitely another glitch, let's hope it gets fixed soon.

I know that you are new, but please, for the sake of keeping the front page clean, don't necrobump threads.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited February 2015
    Please no, no, nooooo!!! mabye the Guinea Pig Disease is back. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebMjT1D5Nyw
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    I learned to keep aging off completely! It's more ts2 that way!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    You can anytime go to Options menu and make life longer, turn it off or turn "Fill empty Homes" on. Now, you can also set, that only your household ages or all unplayed.
  • Options
    WinterlightsongWinterlightsong Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2015
    Newcrest allowed me to create a community of my own Sims...I like to play with one family only and allow the other sim families to evolve independently....a shame that other 'non-playable' Sims can't have kids and make career choices...I have 'Fill Empty Homes' turned off...I want to create the Sims who live in my community. My only gripe with the game is that allowing 'non-playable' characters to have the freedoms and potential of 'playable' characters would be immense...however, programming and bug-testing that would be counter-productive!