Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seems Like its Lagging. Is it just me?

The Sims 3 plays perfect on my PC. I have an intel core 3.5 with 8 GB Ram, Windows 8. I installed TS4 today and I immediatley noticed when moving the camera, rotating the camera etc the game seems to lag. The sims themselves dont lag, but the response time when moving the camera and even in build/buy mode is much slower than TS3. Interactions between the sims are fine and actually run better than TS3.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have my settings on Medium with 1920x1080 res. I play on fullscreen and playing in windowed mode doesnt help.

I heard so many times TS4 was made to run better on "slower" machines. However if TS3 runs better than TS4 for me, something isnt right.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I have the same thing. I started having issues with TS3 after a few expansion packs and lots of saved games/large families but TS4 has been laggy & glitchy from the start for me. I only have one household with 2 sims that I play and I built one tiny house on a small lot in another saved game. Meh, I wasn't expecting much with TS4.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    JRelatedJRelated Posts: 8 New Member
    Same here. I have every TS3 EP except Pets and Outdoor Living and TS3 still runs better than TS4. The camera in TS4 sucks IMHO. I am really disappointed in the game. I ignored all the bad reviews and wanted to give it a shot. I should of listened to everyone who said TS4 was bad.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    JRelated wrote: »
    Same here. I have every TS3 EP except Pets and Outdoor Living and TS3 still runs better than TS4. The camera in TS4 sucks IMHO. I am really disappointed in the game. I ignored all the bad reviews and wanted to give it a shot. I should of listened to everyone who said TS4 was bad.
    I honestly have not noticed any lag at all.. you have to remember it might take a while for the sims team to iron out all the bugs.
    Having said that, what graphics card do you have?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    If you can post your full dxdiag I will look into it for you. :
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    sarka597sarka597 Posts: 70 Member
    u guys dont know what u r missing :( the sims 4 r 100% better then sims 3
  • Options
    sarka597 wrote: »
    u guys dont know what u r missing :( the sims 4 r 100% better then sims 3
    I do agree it's much better hopefully we can get their problems sorted out and they can be back to simming once again :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 3847
    BIOS: A04
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8142MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GT 610
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Display Memory: 4043 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 971 MB
    Shared Memory: 3071 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • Options
    This PC ran TS3 with all EP's except 2 and tons of CC just fine.
  • Options
    did u try to put it on laptop mode ? or put smooth edges on low ?
  • Options
    I havent tried laptop mode. But i run it on Medium graphic settings. Ive tried Windowed mode and no difference.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    im not sure i have lenovo and i had to put smooth edgs on low..objects on medium..visuals on high ..sims on high ..reflections on low and lighting on low 3D on high ..laptop mode and it runs smooth ..check the box with untiliasing
  • Options
    @Jrelated,
    Since I haven't seen the full dxdiag I'm unsure if your drivers are up to date.. have you updated them?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Your graphics card should be able to handle medium settings.
    Have you got something running in the background while playing? unneeded background tasks?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Also have you tried running in offline mode?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    My GPU drivers are up to date. And by offline mode, do you mean turning origin off from the Origin Client? Because I have done that. I have also disabled all the internet options in the game. Ill double check my drivers tho.
  • Options
    I forgot.. what is your fps hen playing? type cheat code.. fps on.
    Have you enabled vertical sync and triple buffering in the NVidia control panel?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    oops vertical sync is what i was trying to say not antiliasing lol sorry...vertycal sync is right next to the screen resolution in the game settings..
  • Options
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > I forgot.. what is your fps hen playing? type cheat code.. fps on.
    > Have you enabled vertical sync and triple buffering in the NVidia control panel?

i just put my buffering on in Radeon R4 graphics and i dont have to play on laptop mode :D and everything is on medium and high thanks :)
  • Options
    OneLightOnDarkOneLightOnDark Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I think I have the solution. I had some troubles with lag when rotating the camera. Then I turned off the compressed textures and it was a huge change.

I hope thats your problem.
  • Options
    xinfinityxxinfinityx Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got the Sims 4 Deluxe yesterday with the Halloween pack. When it goes to the main menu it works perfectly fine but then when I start to play, it starts lagging a lot. I have no idea why it's like that.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    xinfinityx wrote: »
    I just got the Sims 4 Deluxe yesterday with the Halloween pack. When it goes to the main menu it works perfectly fine but then when I start to play, it starts lagging a lot. I have no idea why it's like that.

Hello @xinfinityx

Check that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Have you played the sims 4 before, and then yesterday you bought the digital deluxe upgrade and the spooky stuff pack?
    If you have played the sims 4 before, was the lagging there then?

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

If you have any cc/mods, remove them and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the lagging issues are there. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to see how the game is working.

If after doing all the above things, the lagging still continues, you may like to post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

• Options
    Argus_HulinArgus_Hulin Posts: 19 New Member
    :o That´s weird, I have the Sims 4 installed on two PCs and both run the game. I just notice that too much cc can make your game slow and with a lag.
  • Options
    Epicchicken122Epicchicken122 Posts: 1 New Member
    @rosemow this worked perfectly! Thank you!
  • Options
    CookiMonsterxxxCookiMonsterxxx Posts: 3 New Member
    I was lagging really badly, but it never happened until I turned the quality up to the highest it can be for everything, so I suggest lowering it a little, or perhaps turning on laptop mode.