Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seems Like its Lagging. Is it just me?

2...Next

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I have a GTX 970 and I get lag after a while (been playing the same save files since the SIMS4 was first released). However, clearing the cache makes the game run smooth for a while until I have to clear it again.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't have any issues with any of the Sims games I have installed on my pc - Sims 2, 3, and 4 - I run on Ultra - all 3. I have a 8 core processor and 16 gigs of high speed gaming ram though. I do have CC in Sims 2 but none in Sims 3 or Sims 4 and no mods at all.

So none of the games has any issues with high end pcs either - as someone earlier posted they had heard they did and they don't. I do play Sims 4 in 64 bit.

Sorry I don't think I was any help to anyone looking for solutions but a high end pc is definitely not an issue. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alexis225588alexis225588 Posts: 3 New Member
    I haven't played Sims 4 in awhile and decided to buy the jungle adventure and now the game lags most of the time.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't played Sims 4 in awhile and decided to buy the jungle adventure and now the game lags most of the time.

Hello
    There are a few things to do to try to see if they may
    help with your issues.

Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files

Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution in game options
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try starting a fresh new save game and see if the lagging continues there.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • alexis225588alexis225588 Posts: 3 New Member
    I tried just about everything you mentioned and its a little better but still lags from time to time. I haven't done that last part you mentioned and I'm not going to either. Thanks anyway.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I tried just about everything you mentioned and its a little better but still lags from time to time. I haven't done that last part you mentioned and I'm not going to either. Thanks anyway.

The game lags a lot when you are spinning the camera. Happens to my gaming laptop too. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • cheesesticks1cheesesticks1 Posts: 5 New Member
    my fiancee bought this game and it works perfectly on her profile, but I started trying to play and it just lags and drops frames constantly. I don't understand why it would work fine on her profile but lag so hard on mine when we are using the same computer. i use an alienware aurora A6 so i know it can handle this game easily. if i need i can post dxdiag somewhere. just trying to find a quick fix.
    edited July 2018
    my fiancee bought this game and it works perfectly on her profile, but I started trying to play and it just lags and drops frames constantly. I don't understand why it would work fine on her profile but lag so hard on mine when we are using the same computer. i use an alienware aurora A6 so i know it can handle this game easily. if i need i can post dxdiag somewhere. just trying to find a quick fix.

You can post your dxdiag here using pastebin.

Have you updated your graphic card driver?
    832XG3D.gif
    pastebin = /vaAf3nLF
    edited July 2018
    pastebin = /vaAf3nLF
    https://pastebin.com/vaAf3nLF

Hello @cheesesticks1
    It would be best to update your Nvidia graphics drivers and see if that may help with the lagging in your game. I know that your fiancée is not having issues and you both play on the same computer, but updating the drivers may help your issue also. The graphics drivers haven’t been updated since last year,
    i updated earlier today i must have uploaded the wrong one.

Perhaps you may like to do the dxdiag info again and post a link to the new file?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    JRelated wrote: »
    Same here. I have every TS3 EP except Pets and Outdoor Living and TS3 still runs better than TS4. The camera in TS4 plum IMHO. I am really disappointed in the game. I ignored all the bad reviews and wanted to give it a shot. I should of listened to everyone who said TS4 was bad.

The problem with that is not all reviewers are honest... I've seen a LOT of people give games bad reviews simply because they simply didn't like the game's name. There have been people that gave Pokemon X/Y and Black/White bad reviews just because those games didn't have Kanto Pokemon or other things..one person even gave past Pokemon games a bad review just because those games had gym battles instead of island trials. If you did listen to those reviews,you would of never found out if you liked S4 or not. Never trust reviews because a lot of them can be fake and biased.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?

Is it still lagging after the update?

Also, turn off Origin in Game in the Origin option. Play the game offline too as this might help and only connect to the ingernet in the game options when you want to use The Gallery.
    832XG3D.gif