Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Connect to Gallery

Comments

• Options
    daftalandaftalan Posts: 7 New Member
    @vampiredude09 Me alegra encontrar gente de Argentina haha, soy de Santa Fe. El error desapareció por si solo no? yo todavía lo tengo. Consulté a un técnico de EA en Answer HQ y me dijo que el problema viene por parte de EA, que iban a lanzar un supuesto parche para eliminarlo. Todavía estoy esperando :(
  • Options
    vampiredude09vampiredude09 Posts: 77 Member
    a mi se me arreglo solo, debió haber sido también por parte de EA...solo hay que ser paciente, no queda otra
  • Options
    pippazapippaza Posts: 1 New Member
    Very frustrated. I have been playing fine for weeks, now this evening, it won't let me connect when I try to view the gallery. It just sits there trying to log in.

Origin is online. Tried logging out and into origin again.
    I have no antivirus. Nothing on my computer has changed at all.

I had one of those rare cases where the physical game would not install, and I had to download the whole thing. Not very impressed at the moment.

I was starting to feel sorry for the devs with all the flack they had been getting.
  • Options
    BlueButterfly888BlueButterfly888 Posts: 3 New Member
    This problem just started for me all of a sudden. Can't connect to the community gallery at all. It was working fine just a couple days ago. Hope it fixes itself or someone stumbles onto the solution soon!
  • Options
    BlueButterfly888BlueButterfly888 Posts: 3 New Member
    Happy to report my community gallery started back working today, just like that. Guess it was a temporary glitch.
  • Options
    @BlueButterfly888 Very well! has solved your connection problem. In my case, it's over a month and I can not still use the gallery. I hope is resolved soon!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2014
    DaphneLuna wrote: »
    I've literally tried everything, and I still can't get "online" when I launch the game. Is anyone else still having this problem? I've disabled my firewall completely, made sure all of the necessary ports were opened, checked my connection (it's very strong), uninstalled and reinstalled origin twice, deleted the tray files from the demo, and even deleted the demo itself. My computer is more than equipped for this game as well. When I attempt to "go online" in the game, it freezes for a moment and says that it can't connect, even though my origin app itself says "online." If anybody is still having this problem, or knows what else I can try, I'm all ears! This is extremely frustrating, as my game feels empty without the ability to browse and import from the gallery.

Go into the game and set it to allow Online Access. Under the 'Other' in the Game Options. Or if you have not turned that Option off, go into the Origin actual application and set in Settings to have Online Access in all your games.

ETA: Turn your AV and Firewall back on, that is not the problem. I have Norton and no problems it never blocks Origin unless I go into Norton and tell it what programs I'm not going to allow to access the internet and it does a fine job with that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

Where is the option to set oinline acces to all my games? I'm looking for that but didn't find it.
  • Options
    Mauriangel529Mauriangel529 Posts: 5 New Member
    what worked for me was connecting my computer (laptop) via ethernet cord. (Hardwired into modem) As soon as i did so i started up the sims and went to community and lo and behold the community was loaded. :) goodluck and enjoy
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I had a problem connecting to the Gallery about a week ago. I ended up turning off, waiting 30 seconds, and restarting my router. I was then able to reboot my PC and start up the game. Problem solved for me. FYI.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    maddyelove161maddyelove161 Posts: 1 New Member
    Go onto your origin account and click on go online at the top of the menu, then it should work! worked for me.
  • Options
    crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    Im also having the will not connect issue ive tryed every tip i find on how to fix it and it will not work i know my internet is there cause origin in game loads its web browser just fine but the game will not connect to the gallery...
    Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
    http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DaphneLunaDaphneLuna Posts: 86 Member
    I'm still having this issue. After months of troubleshooting, I've never been able to connect to the gallery. EA support was no help at all, and I'm extremely frustrated to have spent $70 on this game when I can't use the largest feature. If anyone has tried anything I may not have, I'm all ears!
  • Options
    IeraFNDIeraFND Posts: 1 New Member
    Is this still a problem and there's still no way to fix it? Because I have the same problem too. :(
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    Ok I dont know if this will be any useful for you but this youtube video helped me fix the problem, it basically says

you have to download a Hosts file and replace it > File Directory: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

1) Go to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directory.
    2) Copy the hosts file in the above directory and paste it onto your desktop.
    3) Copy the hosts file that I have provided and paste it into the 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc'­; directory.
    4) Restart your system.

mediafire.com/download/81pxoqmmj2ip71p/hosts.rar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ayp_cZ4FA
  • Options
    onanonan Posts: 1 New Member
    So I fixed this for myself on Windows 7. Not sure if anyone else is having the exact same problem, but here's what I did:

1. Started up game for the first time, received "You are offline" message and tried connecting, got "Attempting to Connect" indefinitely when accessing the gallery. Googled, found this post.
    2. I figured I'd just open up all ports to the particular app in Windows Firewall (It's a bad idea to turn off your firewall entirely). In the start menu, type "firewall," and the much easier option of "Allow a program through Windows Firewall" comes up. Select that.
    3. Scroll down to "The Sims 4." For whatever reason, "The Sims 4" was disabled on Home/Work (Private) networks, and enabled for Public. As my home connection is set as a trusted, private network, this was preventing it from connecting. Click "Change Settings" at the top of the window and add that check in the box. I have no idea why it defaulted to Off.
    4. Hit Okay, exit Sims 4, restart Sims 4. (Ticking the box did not open everything up immediately, so when in doubt, restart.)
    5. It connected automatically for me once it saw the connection available.

I hope that helps someone.
  • Options
    anamiaanamia Posts: 2 New Member
    Same thing, I can't connect to the gallery. I have tried some of the fixes mentioned in this post and they do not work. It does however, sometimes randomly connect but most of the time it doesn't. If I make it connect manually it's forever loading
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited January 2015
    I couldn't even connect yesterday and today :s
    EDIT: Somehow, it "automatically" connected me when I opened the game just a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I also can't connect. I can't even save any households. It never shows up in my library, I paid a lot of money for just the base-game, yet there are so many disappointments already.

This is so not cool
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I can't save households either.
    He/Him
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I also can't connect. I can't even save any households. It never shows up in my library, I paid a lot of money for just the base-game, yet there are so many disappointments already.

This is so not cool

Same, the gallery is broken atm
  • Options
    I also keep getting a maintenance message in a green box every time I launch the game. Don't know if that has to do with it.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I was just able to successfully upload a Sim to the gallery.

The other day though I was trying to save a lot to my library and it would say that it saved, but when I would look in the library, it wasn't showing. So after some googling, I found that if your lot/Sim has CC you have to have the 'show CC' option ticked....even if you are just saving to the library.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    I was just able to successfully upload a Sim to the gallery.

The other day though I was trying to save a lot to my library and it would say that it saved, but when I would look in the library, it wasn't showing. So after some googling, I found that if your lot/Sim has CC you have to have the 'show CC' option ticked....even if you are just saving to the library.

Oh so even if it has no cc you have to save it with has cc tagged?
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2015
    I can't connect to the gallery, either. It's been several days (just came back from a several month long absence) and it's driving me crazy! Anyone have any ideas? I tried the suggestions here and nothing has worked. :(

EDITED So....that's odd. I removed everything from my tray folder as a test and it connected? Yay worthy since I can finally get on, but I wonder what's in my tray folder that would cause it to not connect...
    Post edited by BlindxSecrets on
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets