Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potterphyle!!! I'm your gift buddy!!!

:) Hi Becky hun!!!!
First up
Soooo sorry for the lateness of all this hun, been a super busy week.

Now, let's get down to business.
I was so excited when I heard you were my gift buddy, you deserve to be spoiled. When I read your letter it was quite different to my own style but I love that about these exchanges, every time I've done one it's been totally different.
I have a series of surprises for you over the next three days ( sure why stop the suspense now ;) )

Enjoy hun :)

Comments

• Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited August 2014
    First surprise;

To begin with I took a random trip to your wishlist... I had a lot of fun there and that's all that matters. :)

Next I present your first home made gift; some simmies!!!

You wanted Game of Thrones characters in your game. I've only seen season 1 so chose my favourite characters from that season to remake for you. I find it hard to make sims to look like real people so I got as close as I could with these guys.
    So first I give you the ever lovely Joffery Baratheon http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8415480 . Never thought I'd find a sim that's more fun to feed to a cowplant than Liam but I was wrong. I love how horrible he is in the show so hopefully he causes the same mischief in your game :)

The other simmie I made is the amazing little Arya Stark. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8411727
    This girl is so cool and I love her. Hopefully she'll be just as bad a.ss in your game too. I found it hard to get proper outfits for her after everyday clothes but I tried.

I wanted to get pics in game of these guys but I also wanted to get the gifts out to you as soon as possible to I decided to upload them today to get the suspense over with. Pics will come tomorrow along with surprise 2 ;)

Anyhoo, I had a lot of fun making these guys I hope you enjoy them :)
    Post edited by Rockleyfamily on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Second surprise

Sorry for the delay with these guys hun, I'd hoped to get them up yesterday but didn't get in game. I got in game today and then ended up playing with your next gift for ages haha.

So,
    First I went into your studio and looked at all your lovely items. I'm in the process of recing them ( there's a lot there). Your work deffo deserves some recognition.
    So I'm almost there with them :)

Next I present you the Maldonado's.
    This is Nathanael.

Screenshot-225_zpsf8f838a8.jpg

Nathanael was very smart in school and went straight into a highly paid business job right out of school. He found a beautiful wife, Andrea and they had a son, Brendon.
    Everything was going how it was supposed to. "All adults are supposed to do this, not everyone has to enjoy their jobs" Nathanael would often tell himself.
    The family had become very used to a certain type of lifestyle, even if it meant Nathanael was never home to enjoy this lifestyle.

Things didn't stay that way though and as soon as the recession hit Nathanael lost his job. This changed everything, what were they going to do now?
    Nathanael tried to get another job in Bridgeport but it didn't seem to work. He started to wonder if staying in Bridgeport was that he really wanted.
    Andrea and Nathanael sat down one night, just before the money ran out talked about what their next move would be.

They decided to move town, to Dragon Valley. Deep down Nathanael never liked being a suit wearing business man, he much preferred the outdoor, Eco-Friendly lifestlye.
    Together his family are starting afresh, hopefully this will be the change they need.

This is Andrea.

Screenshot-226_zps7c528b3a.jpg

Andrea never thought she'd end up a stay at home mum with a rich husband. She hated living in an apartment in the city centre. There was so much pollution. She always thought of herself as a gardener, somebody would could be completely self sufficient
    Living in this place never gave her the chance though. When Nathanael was working seh was desperately unhappy. They were financially secure and all but this lifestyle was horrible.
    When he told her he'd lost his job she knew she shouldn't have been happy about it, she couldn't help herself though, this was exactly what they needed.
    She convinved him that a move to Dragon Valley would be a good idea and that learning fishing and gardening. She wanted a lifestyle where they were less dependent on money.

This is Brendon.
    Screenshot-227_zps3af9ea1e.jpg

Brendon looks like his father, he's quite intelligent like him but that's it. He didn't like Bridgeport at all, there's not much for a kid to do there.
    He prefers being in Dragon Valley, he has a lot more friends here. He doesn't really like the idea of only eating vegetables from the garden for every meal though. He thinks his parents might be a bit over optismic with this one.

Screenshot-228_zps73af931d.jpg

I've uploaded two versions of the Maldonados, one normal version and another with a small surprise. ;)
    I didn't get a chance to skill these guys up unfortunately but story wise they actually don't have any gardening skills, just a mad dream, no actual expertise about the whole thing.

They're currently living in the premade house in 81 claddagh court, they didn't come to DV with much money so weren't able to afford anything big.

I hope you like them :)

Normal version
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8415481
    Surprise version
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8415479
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Gift three

For your third gift I have prepared a community garden for you. Inside you'll find loads to keep sims of all types busy.

Welcome to Harvest Gardens http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8423049

I have the plants divided up into type all over the lot. There's a section for grapes if you wana make some wine, as well as sections with plants from each expansion packs. Trees are at random around the park but there is a small orchard with apple bobbing station in the back.
    In this lot I have included pretty much everything gardening related in the game that I could think of. One of the buildings is a small coffee shop, with, obviously some surprises involved. The other small building is a bakery with outdoor tea area. I had Natahanael bake cakes and put them in the bakery but I'm not sure if they transferred or not. He might try again when you get your hands on him.
    There's also a harvest stand to sell your goodies, a gardening station, a barbeque area, chicken coop and some bees ( if you're into that kinda thing).

I made this with the Maldonado's in mind, it's decorated so it fits well into Dragon Valley so it's perfect for them. I wanted to give them a place they could go to live their Eco-Friendly lifestyle. There's also a few things that aren't necessarily gardening that Brendon might like. This would have been their garden attached to a house of their but story wise they have no money so they'll have to use the public garden for a while to skill up. It'll keep them busy anyway, by the time my sim got done harvesting the whole garden, it was ready to be harvested again.

There are some fish in the lake too cos you'll need fish of course.

I have included a few small surprises for you to discover ( basements are fun :wink: ) I want to explain one of the surprises though cos otherwise you might just think I've gone mad and put random boxes all over the place. There are four boxes in one of the basement area's. Between harvesting this garden and Grandpas Grove where I have the Maldonados living, I collected a lot of harvestables and seeds. I decided to store these on the lot so you'll always have ingredients for making jam or for fertalising the lot. They're colour coded into quality type, the green box has normal to nice items, the aqua box has very nice items and the pink box has perfect items. The final box has other random things the guys have collected while playing, seeds, fish, insects etc ( don't leave the fish in the box too long cos like ew). I wish there was more stuff in the purple box but seeing as the Maldonados are just starting out their skill level isn't great yet so they did the best they could. They'll get better, I'm sure you'll make sure of that.

Enough talking, time for pics
    Over head view
    Screenshot-249_zps35729860.jpg

Barbeque and gardening station areas ( racoon is such a poser, he got in loadsa pics)

Screenshot-238_zps6953a983.jpg

Teeny tiny vineyard and chicken coop

Screenshot-233_zpsba147c96.jpg

Coffee shop
    Screenshot-235_zps0de98100.jpg

Tea looking out on the pond
    Screenshot-248_zpsd0f858fa.jpg

Boxes surprise!!

Screenshot-253_zps39a1a595.jpg

Notes
    *All possible harvestables from EP's and store have been used, if you don't have any of these items let me know and I can removed them
    * Let me know if you need any store items removed too, PC used ( chicken coop, harvest stand, tea table, bakery set and oven, jam station, swift grow gardening station)
    * There are three spawners on this lot, a wildflower spawner near the barbeque area and two fish spawners on the lake. Let me know if you'd prefer these removed.
    * There are sprinklers on pretty much all the plant areas, makes them much more low maintenance. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,653 Member
    Jofferey and Arya are very nice sims! :) They are great simversions of the characters! The traits that you have given to them suit them very well! The outfits they are wearing look great.
    They are great sims and gifts! :)
  • Options
    Thanks a mill rosemow, it was fun to make them. I hope potterphyle likes them when she sees them.
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    OMG!!! I cannot believe that Mary kept this from me! LOL, we talk all the stinking time and she didn't even let on at all! She can tell you how crazy I get about my shows. Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Thank you so much for the wonderful new guy clothes. I love the henley, and the two new little kid shirts will come in super handy. My children and guy sims are so neglected.

I love Joffery (your version, at least, lol he is one of those love to hate characters on the show)! You really captured his look. He is a right mean little beast, so the traits you have picked are perfect! I can't wait to torture, um, I mean play with him in game!

And Arya! She is so lovely! She is one of my favorite characters! I hope that she is around in the story 'til the bitter end! Arya will stay in her everyday wear, trust me. :-) She will have plenty of adventures to go on soon! She is so fun and spunky! I cannot wait to see her torment Joffery!

Do you watch the show or have you read the books? You did a great job with picking their traits and clothes. You have to be a fan too! I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings! <3
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @Rockleyfamily -- FANTASTIC SIms! Love them! Game of Thrones, Woot! You nailed those two!
  • Options
    Thanks a mill @Brennachan, glad you liked them.

@potterphyle, Mary was a big help for me with ideas she was very handy to have around. I duno how she kept it secret for so long. :) Glad you like these guys. I've watched a bit of the tv show, just season 1 I need to watch more of it. My boyf is a big fan though so he helped me with the traits and outfits a bit. It was a whole team effort haha. :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Great sims Rockley bursting with character.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Love love love these sims Rockley they are perfect! Love Game of Thrones also! Haven't seen much of the show but I've read all of the books. Great job representing these two!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    GREAT job on making Sim versions of these two!
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Love love love these sims Rockley they are perfect! Love Game of Thrones also! Haven't seen much of the show but I've read all of the books. Great job representing these two!

I am just finishing off book one. I bought a Kindle set, with the first five books. Maybe by the time I finish 5, he will have a release date for book 6. ;-) I am glad I didn't discover this series until most of the books were out! I feel for all the fans who have been there from the beginning.

I finished off the show a few weeks ago. We spent about two weeks binge watching the entire series!
  • Options
    Round two of gifts will be up today. They were supposed to be up yesterday but my nephews were over so I had to watch Shrek instead. Busy life :)
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Lovely Sims! I rec'd the second one only though, because the first says it's been taken down and is no longer available!? o_O Eh. Oh well, lovely little Sims Rockley :lol:
  • Options
    Second gifts done hun :)
    And a new version of Joffery uploaded too. I hope this one's ok, I checked all his outfits and it all looks good in my game.

Enjoy :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    The Maldonado family looks GREAT! I wonder what the surprise is? They have a bit more money, but I don't think that is what you are hinting at. A second child (or more) on the way? Goodies in their luggage? Hmmm.... I wonder.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Love the new family Rockley! They seem like a lot of fun and one to add to my pile of new fun! :D
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm hoping the surprise transferred haha or else it'll be two copies of the same family for no reason haha :)
  • Options
    The Maldonado family are very nice! :) It is great background details that you have written for each of the sims as well as tying them as the family together as a whole. Very nice pictures that you have posted of them. They will enjoy living in Dragon Valley better with a completely new lifestyle. They are a nice family of sims :)
  • Options
    I love the Maldonados! This is just the type of game I love to play! I love gardening in game, lol, I think because I can grow perfect plants here, where I have the black thumb, kiss of death in real life!

Andrea is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what the surprise is. I wonder, are they expecting? If not, all that open country air, and being happier in general, may help them with that. ;-)

I think Brendon will have a great time, meeting new friends in DV. I can't wait to see if he changes his mind about gardening/veggies (I have a feeling he will). He may never be a vegetarian, but he will most likely want to continue in the family business.

And Nathanael, sad as I am that he lost his job, sometimes the best thing to happen to a person is a total upheaval of life. I have no doubt that they are going to make it big in DV! He has been successful in the city, so that gives him an advantage in the country!

Thanks for the wonderful sims, and a fantastic back story to get them started. I know they are going to have a glorious life.
  • Options
    The long awaited gift three is ready. :)
    I'm glad you like the Maldonado's @potterphyle I hope they enjoy this next gift :)
  • Options
    I LOVE Harvest Gardens! So lovely! It will fit in DV perfectly! The only item I don't own is the tea set, and I will be sure to pick it up soon as I can, so don't remove anything. It is gorgeous as is. I plan on buying the tea set anyway, just waiting on a sale. ;-)

The coffee shop is a great addition to the garden. I like the idea of being able to visit there while out harvesting produce. This looks like a lot that will be a high priority lot in my game. Do you remember right off hand where you located this one in DV? I want to place it in the same lot you used to build it.

My sims are gonna love exploring the basements....can't wait to see what's in the chests!

Thank you so much for my perfect gifts!
  • Options
    The Community Gardens is great! :) Very nice layout of the build! Sims will enjoy visiting the gardens and harvesting all the varieties of plants, to use in cooking, jam making or for creating elixirs. It is great that you have planted all the different varieties of plants that are in the game. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meal in the outdoors air. Great coffee shop area for sims to buy food or drink to eat or drink from the barista bar. They will enjoy having a nice cup of tea at the tea table, whilst looking at the nice views of the outside and the pond. The type of seats that you have placed at the tea table are very nice.The basement sounds great! It is great that you have colour coded treasure chests which you have placed harvestable items and seeds in.
    It is a very nice build and special gift. :)