Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for my buddy, Rockleyfamily!

Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
First, I would like to say, I have really enjoyed making your gifts, Rockleyfamily! I don't spend a lot of time in Lunar Lakes these days, so it was fun to go back and play around with the bright colors and futuristic themes! That said, here is your first gift! (There's another couple coming, so don't forget to check back!)

Luminescent Park: I wanted to give you a fun, family-oriented park, making use of the wonderful new carousel from the store, so I built you this 30x30 performance park! I built it at 7 Enterprise Avenue, but you can place it wherever you want, of course!

Screenshot-73_zpsd93b88ca.jpg
Here's an overview shot!

Screenshot-81_zps386d9a08.jpg
Testing out the performance stage!

Screenshot-83_zps73a61d08.jpg
A close up of the playground area!

Screenshot-84_zps71df5125.jpg
And a close up of the carousel itself!

I hope you enjoy it!

Edit: Here's the exchange link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8406379

Gift #2! (It's a tad later than I had planned, but I had a few things come up. But, here it is all ready to go!)

Lunar Escape! I know one of the reasons you love Lunar Lakes is the unique and interesting architecture, so I tried to give you something that would fit in. Was a bit of a challenge for me, since this isn't my usual style of building, but I think it turned out well. Hope you like it!

Screenshot-88_zps3ef9df1f.jpg

Screenshot-90_zps082b05c0.jpg

Screenshot-89_zps8c8193d0.jpg

Exchange Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8414463

Gift #3! I was having so much fun with my tester alien sim, that I decided you might enjoy her too! And she did such a good job, I figured she deserved a nice family to keep her company! So here is the Sparks family for you!

Screenshot-87_zpsfff7fc95.jpg

They go very nicely in Lunar Escape, so I uploaded them both with the house, and on their own, so you can have whichever you prefer in your game!

Exchange Links:
Household only: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8414482
Household with house: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8414481

Post edited by Bookworm742 on

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Looks GREAT! This is a perfect park for Lunar Lakes :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Luminescent Park is a great place for sims to have fun at and enjoy visiting ! :) It suits Lunar Lakes very well! The fantasy trees look great there! Sims of all ages will enjoy spending time at your park! Child sims will have fun playing in the sand pit, on the swings and riding the spring rider. Sims will enjoy riding the carousel. Very nice platformed performance stage area! Sims will enjoy either performing on stage, or enjoy coming to the park to watch the performances and be entertained. The stage backdrops look great. It is great that sims can enjoy playing chess at your park. The crystal flowers look nice.
    It is a very nice gift ! :)
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
  • Options
    CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    Great park! It will fit in just perfectly in Lunar Lakes. ^_^
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I had a lot of fun building and testing it! :smiley:
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Bookworm!!! Omg I love it!!!!

I'm just back from my hols to such a nice surprise.
    This is perfect for my town and my simmies to use! I didn't think the carousel could be used for LL but the colours are fab it works really well. :)

Thank you so so much hun I love it :) xxx
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Lunar escape is a perfect house for Lunar Lakes! I'm always looking for houses to place there!
    Also really like the Sparks family. I haven't played an alien in quite awhile. I should do that again lol
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Lovely modern house (and family). Blends in well with your earlier park.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Lunar Escape is a very nice home! :) Great exterior design of it! It suits Lunar Lake world very well! The fantasy trees look great there. The pattern on the exterior looks great and the gazebo tower roofing looks very nice! Nice upper outdoors decks areas for sims to enjoy spending time in the outdoors air. They will enjoy painting on the easel there, or just relaxing in the sunshine on the loungers. It looks nice how you have used the large circular windows in your build.Nice furnishing of the interior. Sims will enjoy sleeping and dreaming many dreams in the dream pod. The ceiling light that you have used in the bedroom looks very nice. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the window seat, enjoying the sunlight coming in whilst reading a book from the bookcase. The plants themed coffee table is nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The floor patterns that you have used in the rooms look nice and add a great look to the rooms. The Sparks family is very nice! :) The little girl is cute! Their background story details are very nice.
    They are all very special gifts that you have created :)
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    What an awesome park for LL! I love Lunar Escape, very nice colors!

The home and family are very lovely as well. The home is better than the ones that came in LL. LOVE it!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Lunar Escape turned out really well! You should make more of these :) The Sparks family are a perfect addition to the Lunar Lakes neighborhood. I wouldn't have thought to pair an alien with a fairy, but they look like a really fun combination to play.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Lunar Escape turned out really well! You should make more of these :) The Sparks family are a perfect addition to the Lunar Lakes neighborhood. I wouldn't have thought to pair an alien with a fairy, but they look like a really fun combination to play.

I actually hadn't decided what sort of sim I should make for her husband, but when I opened up CAS, the random sim it picked from my bin was a fairy, and it inspired me! ;) So far, they've been tons of fun!

And ty! I did have a lot of fun building these!
  • Options
    Bookworm I love the new gifts!!!
    Lunar Escape is gorgeous, exactly the type of home I love in that world, it's perfect. I love the unusual design of it it's really pretty.
    The Sparks family are cute the lil one Lyra looks adorable. I can't wait to play them, they'll fit right in :)
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Cool! Really interesting and distinctively unusual creations Bookworm :D well done!
  • Options
    Lunar Escape is gorgeous, exactly the type of home I love in that world, it's perfect. I love the unusual design of it it's really pretty.
    The Sparks family are cute the lil one Lyra looks adorable. I can't wait to play them, they'll fit right in :)

So glad you like them! They were awfully fun to create! (I have a soft spot for aliens...love all the fun alien powers! ;) ) And I really enjoyed the challenge of making a LL home...some of my first attempts didn't turn out the way I wanted, way too traditional and not enough LL style! Some extensive remodeling was required. ;)

• Options

So glad you like them! They were awfully fun to create! (I have a soft spot for aliens...love all the fun alien powers! ;) ) And I really enjoyed the challenge of making a LL home...some of my first attempts didn't turn out the way I wanted, way too traditional and not enough LL style! Some extensive remodeling was required. ;)

You did an amazing job on them, they're perfect. I hope you enjoyed building in LL and will play there more, it's my fave world I rarely go into other worlds haha :)