Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COURT MAFIA (game finished :P)

Comments

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Also, can anybody accuse somebody of being the Mafia or does a certain person has to accuse somebody?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    No turner its just because I say it a hella lot. Ive kinds stopped using feck, dunno why.

Maybe I should start uo again. I know harry would join me in that one, he loves the word

feck
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    emilzydiva wrote: »

feck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Marvelissa wrote: »
    Fair enough. I suppose that's pretty circumstantial.

Really, I myself don't usually say either. Except sometimes under my breath when I'm alone; considering that I think I have actually said both on occasion. xD I don't usually cuss, but when I do it's almost always when I'm alone, lol. I could probably count on my hands the number of times I've cussed in front of another person.

Can't say the same, I'm afraid. XD

My cussing tends to be a bonding experience between friends and family. :P (mostly my brothers and cousins, not my parents, lol) I've very rarely used it in a hurtful way. I really only use it to exaggerate a point or feeling, or to be funny. If that makes sense. It's hard to explain without actually being able to use any of the words, haha.

But I know who I can swear in front of, and who I shouldn't. I don't swear around anyone who hasn't sweared around me, just in case. :b
  • Options
    I don't cuss to be hurtful either, at least I strive not to. However I do cuss here and there. And even though I'm 18 I still feel awkward even thinking about swearing around my parents. :P
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Also, can anybody accuse somebody of being the Mafia or does a certain person has to accuse somebody?

Pretty much anyone can. Only people who can't are...

The Judge
    Someone who was the Plaintiff the day before
    Someone in jail.

Everyone else still alive can.

There's a risk of accusing someone, because if you're wrong but win your case, you just killed an innocent person, and now you're stuck in jail.
    And if you lose your case, you just wasted everybody's time and gave the person you accused immunity for a night and day.

But someone is going to have to volunteer to take a possible suspect to trial. Because if no one does during the Accusation Period, then we go into nighttime again and another innocent is killed.

And obviously, the reward for being right AND winning your case is great, because if you're town-aligned, then you just ousted a mafia member, AND you get 2 nights immunity.
    But of course, a mafia member could bring a fellow mafia member to trial, to throw everyone off their trail.
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    This looks fun, I suppose. I'll think about joining.

Edit: Maybe not. The timezone thing won't help.
    Post edited by Tigerblu11 on
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    This is awesome, /in.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Nerdy: Added :smiley:

That makes 8. If no one signs up by the time I wake up tomorrow, we'll start the game.

I would prefer 12 players, but 8 is perfectly fine.

No more than 12 though :O
  • Options
    For the Mafia chat, would you guys prefer a group PM on here or a group email?

Anywho, I'm going to bed now. :b
    Keep in mind I live in California so I'm 3 hours behind you east-coasters. So if you're wondering where I am.... I'm probably sleeping. XD
    But, I'll try not to sleep in for too long. ;)
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    Question, what decides who the Plaintiff is? Someone volunteering or the first person who launches the vote?
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    The Plaintiff is the person accusing. If there are multiple people accusing, the Judge chooses which case goes to court.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    Op, cool stuff! I can't play, but I'll read it when I get back.
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    The Plaintiff is the person accusing. If there are multiple people accusing, the Judge chooses which case goes to court.

Oh so we don't have to agree like in the other mafias only when voting for guilty or innocent. Sorry just woke up
  • Options
    yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    I want to sign up but I'm not sure since I am starting work tomorrow. :\
  • Options
    Skelda wrote: »
    Op, cool stuff! I can't play, but I'll read it when I get back.

I know, it's too bad you can't play, but maybe if it's successful you can play in the next one. :smiley:
  • Options
    yz2907 wrote: »
    I want to sign up but I'm not sure since I am starting work tomorrow. :\

Hm... up to you! But I think it might run a little longer than most mafia games of 8 people, since there doesn't have to be a lynch every day. So it really depends on how the trials go. Could be a very short game, or a rather long one. :b
  • Options
    Majestyk wrote: »

Oh so we don't have to agree like in the other mafias only when voting for guilty or innocent. Sorry just woke up

Yep, what Lissa said is correct. :)

One person (the Plaintiff) brings one other person (the Defendant) to court. The Lawyers are hired, and then everyone else makes up the Jury for that day's trial.

The only person that can die during a day is the person on the stand, being accused.
    (unless during a riot, in which case the lead rioter can be executed for trying to bring down the Judge, who the majority believe is good).

It's a weird set-up, I know, but hopefully a fun one! :P
  • Options
    Last chance to sign up, before I start PM-ing the roles!!
  • Options
    Alright, I think we'll just go ahead and start. 8 players is perfect for 6 town, and 2 mafia.

I will start PM-ing everyone now.

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    fun...fun...fun :)
  • Options
    KatieeeeKatieeee Posts: 16,995 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »

'til daddy takes the t-bird away...
    Mafia stats
    Played: 255 | Won: 221 | Lost: 34
    Town: 100 | Mafia: 150 | Third: 5
    Town Win: 86| Mafia Win: 131 | Third Win: 4
    Alive: 65 | Lynched: 99 | Nk: 91 |

Come play Mafia with us: http://ultimatemafia.boards.net/
  • Options
    Katieeee wrote: »

Um what?
  • Options
    KatieeeeKatieeee Posts: 16,995 Member
    Katieeee wrote: »

Um what?

:|
    Mafia stats
    Played: 255 | Won: 221 | Lost: 34
    Town: 100 | Mafia: 150 | Third: 5
    Town Win: 86| Mafia Win: 131 | Third Win: 4
    Alive: 65 | Lynched: 99 | Nk: 91 |

Come play Mafia with us: http://ultimatemafia.boards.net/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    BACKGROUND

A cool summer breeze washes over the small town of TurnerTown. It was only a year ago when they convicted 'Evil Larry', a man they found guilty for the murder of a whole family. The evidence was pretty convincing..... Larry was a Loner, and didn't even need a whole hand to count all his friends with. The father of the family was Larry's old boss, who had just fired Larry a few weeks ago for being too lazy on the job. And, it didn't help that Larry's fingerprints covered the scene of the crime.

It seemed obvious enough. Who else in the small innocent town of TurnerTown would murder an entire family? A trial was held, and Larry was sentenced to death.

The people of TurnerTown have carried on their usual lives, finally making peace with the past, happy that all the evil in the town has been vanquished. But what they don't know is that they just stirred up a WHOLE lot of trouble, because Evil Larry wasn't evil. No, in fact, Larry was innocent. The town had convicted an innocent man and killed him for a crime he did not commit. The real killer was able to skip town, and no one even suspected a thing, all so convinced that the killer was poor, poor Larry.

Now, Larry's friends plan to avenge his death. They aren't too happy that such a kind and innocent man was executed for something he never did, and were very, very angry at the town for being so blind. They want justice. An eye for an eye. They want the people of TurnerTown to pay.

NIGHT 0

The Mayor of TurnerTown, Mr Turner himself, was just getting ready for bed, and as he entered his bathroom, something was terribly wrong.

On the mirror, written with what was presumably blood, said the following:

"This is Larry's blood you have spilled. His death is your fault. You will now all pay because of it, one by one".

Before Turner could do anything, he was shot through the chest.

Turner, Townie, Died Night 1.

In the morning, word spreads of the Mayor's death quickly. The town comes together. Someone is to blame, but who? Someone needs to be brought to justice.

Accusation Phase starts now.

1. Lissa :mrgreen:
    2. CM :mrgreen:o:) (JUDGE)
    3. Maj :mrgreen:
    4. Katie :mrgreen:
    5. Renee :mrgreen:
    6. Emily :mrgreen:
    7. Harry :mrgreen:
    8. Nerdy :mrgreen:

Post edited by Turner on