Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pirate Venue! (Now a Petition! 31 sigs & counting!)

Okay so you didn't love my Arabian Nights idea as much as I do... *cries* But...who doesn't love PIRATES??? Cinderellimouse posted these awesome pics from TS2...

liz.jpg

liz2.jpg

And another Simmer (can't find the post now darn it!) talked about how they revamp Barnacle Bay into a Pirates of the Caribbean type world using the Rococo Set...

...which got me to thinking...

WE NEED A PIRATE VENUE!!!!

VENUE SPECIFICS
The lot itself needs to be a pirate ship with clime-able rigging, a crow's nest, captain's cabin (another all-in-one bathroom that looks appropriate would be great)and a "mess hall" type kitchen for the crew. "Below decks" should have an area for "cargo" and bunk beds to sleep at least 6 Sims so you can have your max 8 Sims living on the lot. Yes, I want this to be residential! Ideally, I'd like this lot placeable in water with a ladder on the side so your Sims can climb up to the deck. But as I realize that COULD be problematic it would also work just as well as a beach lot with a dock the ship itself is "attached" to. This would not have to be an Island Paradise type dock nor does the ship itself need to be able to sail... though that, of course, would be AMAZING! LOL

Do please make ship sails part of the build/buy content so people who make "pirate ship" houseboats can make them look better though! LOL

POTENTIAL PC
Sword fighting! This would work just as martial art sparring does in WA. And while you COULD create a training dummy to advance the skill I would prefer to see skilling attached to the sword itself. This would be an item your Sim keeps in their inventory and when clicked upon it would give you a "practice sword fighting" option, at which point your Sim would brandish the sword about and practice various fighting stances and thrusts and parries. When clicking on another Sim with the skill you would then have a "Sword fight!" option. No death necessary (though oh how I WISH there could be a "duel to the death!" option! LOL) as the bout would just be to "first touch" and the losing Sim could go down on their knees in surrender. As for the sword itself, I would like there to be 3 options: cutlass, rapier and short sword. They could all work exactly the same, the only difference would be looks. If we CAN'T have that option then a short sword would be best as it would also look neat on Tudor Sims.

Spyglass. This would be another item that Sims can put in their inventory and use to see "far away". What it would ACTUALLY do is allow them to see gems, much as the LTR collection helper does. It could have 2 options, one being "look through" kinda like the telescope and then your Sim would simply have a cute animation of using the spy glass and the other would be, "look for treasure" which would show them where any gems in the area are.

Parrot/parrot perch: Now this could work one of 2 ways. It could either be something extremely simple like this:
Screenshot-188.jpg
This is option 1.

OR it would be something like JUST the hanging part from this perch that we could then hang just as we do hanging plants.
934_max.jpg
This is option 2.
Even better if you gave us both! And hey, if you just wanted to break down and give us the whole pirate perch on the left, I won't complain! The problem with the existing one from Pets is that it's just too bulky and would not look at all right on a pirate ship...and we gotta have parrots on a pirate ship!
Now I KNOW... "But...but...PETS EP!"... HOWEVER, we DO have dog beds and feeders in The Store so I don't see how this is a big no-no! It would be a pretty minor addition to the Venue anyway so those who don't play with Pets wouldn't have much to complain about. OR.... you could actually give us not only a perch but a PC PARROT just for this venue! You could easily clone it from the baby dragons from DV and it wouldn't actually have to do anything except have our Sims interact with it and possibly get a new positive moodlet of some sort. But it would need it's own perch! No parrots on the floor!

Pet Monkey! Yes, this would be a lot harder to implement but it would be pretty darned AWESOME!

Grog dispenser. This would, of course, dispense "grog" and hopefully give Sims something like the "juiced" moodlet.
5+liter+barrel+wine.jpg

Cannon. Yes, a cannon our Sims can actually fire.

DECOR'
coils of rope
net full of fish
piles of treasure
treasure chests, one large that sits on the floor and one small that sits on a table and has jewelry spilling out of it.
skull with flickering candle
treasure maps, both for laying on tables AND for hanging on walls
sextant
compass
kracken figurine (small size suitable for placing on a small table or nightstand)
TAPESTRIES depicting sailing motifs...and maybe a lovely mermaid!
Skull and crossbones banners and flags. (A bed with a big skull and crossbones bedspread would be pretty awesome too!)

CAS
eye patch
Pirate boots (that are taller than those currently available both for male and female)
peg leg (this would replace one of the pirate boots, above)
A single small and large hoop earring for men
"piece of eight" jewelry for men and women (this would be a necklace with a large coin for the pendant)
Pirate outfits and hairstyles for both men and women (LONGER styles would be great! Just sayin'!), please see pics scattered throughout this thread.
Noble outfits (17th century/Rococo) for both men and women with hairstyles a bit smaller than those offered with the previous Rococo set. Again, please see pics scattered throughout this thread.

Yes, I WANT THAT SHIP FROM TS2!!!! And I want more 18th century clothing and hairstyles for both pirates and aristocrats! Give us the Pirate goodies from Pirates & Nobles! At least some decor'!!!

The-Sims-Medieval-Pirates-and-Nobles-Trailer_12.jpg

So... stuff like this....

annebonny2013_costume.jpg

ddd_cut_pirates_sept2011-3-copy.jpg

Pirate_Costume___With_Hat_by_DragonLadyCels.jpg

146.jpg

0119.1.jpg

frenchfashion2.jpg

fbf3a79491fd27176cb4b911577d010a.jpg

1775.jpg

01m.jpg

new12.jpg

marie+make+up.jpg

c4c0f34e71129532b7a52d0dc6cbe29f_large.jpg?1360960658

So.... PIRATES? Who's with me? YAAAARRRRR! lol

The scurvy crew so far:

1. Cinderellimouse (you said you'd buy it! That's a sign! lol I'll take you off if you want me to though!)
2. jcp011c2
3. 60smusicluvr
4. Amby316
5. SimplySimazing
6. Oilbasedoleander
7. Eveebella
8. JEREMYSIMS01
9. AmaraRena
10. LittleLeota
11. SuttiPutt
12. lisasc360
13. CravenLestat
14. ZiyalDamar
15. Nyosim
16. kateoverend
17. Grandmothergamer
18. MandyCandy77
19. IMeep
20. pixiegamer
21. AxelTaylor01
22. shakeninsane
23. sofie981
24. loyallyroyal
25. JessicaDinozzo
26. Shogo_Yahagi
27. shakeninsane
28. dizzydee
29. ZooProfessor3
30. Pandora189
31. despina53

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally need to be a pirate queen! LOL

The%20Sims%20Medival%20P&N%20Pirate%20Throne.jpg?cb=1360599962
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know I don't neeeeeeeeeed it...

...but I'd still buy it in a heartbeat! :lol:

I love pirate stuff! :D
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2014
    Arrr! :wink: I fully support this idea!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sign me up!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love to sign this one...please include my name.

I LOVE the idea of Pirate themed items, but it would definitely need to include female pirate clothing as well as the fancy type Aristocratic clothing for both genders. I think the we NEED more toddler, child, elder options also, for all the sets really.

Amby
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2014
    GREAT IDEA!! :thumbup:

Sign me in here for wanting one! :mrgreen:
    Piles of treasure & sparkly stuff, & everything else!

All I could find was this:
    http://www.beyondsims.com/10347/iggishop-five-sims-3-world-adventure-pre-order-gifts/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ahhh I love it! :D What century is that fashion, technically?

I want!

*grabby hands*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ahhh I love it! :D What century is that fashion, technically?

I want!

*grabby hands*

18th century/1700's. One of my favorite eras!
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh yes sign me up I want all this LOL

Eveebella

FemalePirate.jpg
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love to have a pirate venue/set. If this is a petition, sign me up! :P
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I would love to have a pirate venue/set. If this is a petition, sign me up! :P

I think it just became one! LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2014

http://www.beyondsims.com/10347/iggishop-five-sims-3-world-adventure-pre-order-gifts/

Oh that's so NOT FAIR! I want these!!!!

3991424171_3e1dbf1aa6_m.jpg?resize=240%2C173

• Options
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

:mrgreen: I also want the spyglass, treasure chest, & captains/or pirates desk papers :lol: :oops:
    280kwmt.jpg
    21mzy3d.jpg
    1zx9phf.jpg
    (only posting in case anyone can't see links)
  • Options
    LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited June 2014
    A pirate set would be great! I be all fer signin' yer petition! :D
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited June 2014
    Love this idea as much as I loved the Arabian Nights,so go ahead and add my name to the list,hopefully they will give us great hairstyles,clothes and a pirate ship like in sims2 or better that's colorable.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

:mrgreen: I also want the spyglass, treasure chest, & captains/or pirates desk papers :lol: :oops:
    280kwmt.jpg
    21mzy3d.jpg
    1zx9phf.jpg
    (only posting in case anyone can't see links)

:shock: These are all so...steamy. :wink: :P

I wish I knew that this stuff was in the sims 2, sooner. I mean, how did I miss this? Also, what expansion was it in :?:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

280kwmt.jpg
    21mzy3d.jpg
    1zx9phf.jpg

:shock: These are all so...steamy. :wink: :P

I wish I knew that this stuff was in the sims 2, sooner. I mean, how did I miss this? Also, what expansion was it in :?:
    From what tiny info I could find, it was part of Sims 3 World Adventures preorder.
    So I missed out too. Didn't get WA until later, never mind preorder. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    :oops: Oops. SimplySimazing, I was actually referring to the sims 2 pics in the main post, when asking my questions. Should have thought that one through 'cause it's a bit confusing with the pics above. :oops:

BUUUUUUUUT... Now, that I know those pics aren't clip art and were in Sims 3 World Adventures pre-order, I'm a bit sad. :( Would've liked having this. Anyone think they could release similar ones in the store? Or is it tied to an EP?
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    You can add my name I want pirate stuff,I want everything truthfully.By the way that girl in the hairstyle pic is quite attractive with the feather in her hair.Hey AmaraRena post the pic of that pirate girl that can be made when painting.You have to know the painting its one of my favorites when working on painting skill.That painting has a hairstyle that would go great with your suggested set.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ZiyalDamarZiyalDamar Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Sign me up.
    I would buy it in a minute. :D
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2014
    117acdu.png

Yes please! :-) Added to Petition Central
    900woh.png
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sign me up please Amara my lovely :D
    If we were to get some pirate CAS items maybe some of the attire could have a beautiful Steampunk style to it :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    I would LOVE some fishnet suspenders!(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

steampunk_airship_pirate__cosplay_by_anima89-d4sihez.jpg
    Female :)
    steampunk_pirate_by_lillyxandra-d5173br.jpg
    Male :)
    gentleman_steampunk_guy_by_lillyxandra-d558gdq.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2014
    You've got me too. Love it.
  • Options