Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 14: There's Builder Trickery Afoot!-- Links to Lessons in Post One

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hey Zoo ....

I just wanted to let you know that I just snapped a few images of my farmhouse. Been doing an awful lot of saving (so i won't lose anything this time). As soon as I have a thread created for it, I will give you the address for it. Right now, I'm back at the part of the pool/pond.

I want to thank you again for creating these courses. Doing this first one was "challenge"; what with the roofs and all. :D

You are very welcome and just give me the link to your thread when it is up and I'll add you to the Blackcat Builders!

Zoo

Hi again Zoo! :D Here is my farm thread ...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757489.page#12120691

I hope you like what I've done so far! :D

GREAT JOB on your farm! I left more comments on your thread. When you get homework finished for this course, let me know and we'll adjust the link in the Blackcat Builders post so that it take people to the homework for this course.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    I know i am being a pest :twisted: but can someone share a link on how to change the subject heading on posts?

thanks in advance.

Hi, Sweetie! *waves*

You are DEFINITELY NOT being a pest! Zoo U is the place you can always ask your questions, even if they aren't JUST about the stuff we are doing in that course.

I would answer this question happily, but I see that SherryLynn beat me to it (Thanks, SherryLynn!).

That is what I love so much about working with the hardcore Zoo U students, the folks that come back over and over to help support these classes-- some of whom have TAUGHT some of the classes-- these are the first people to help out a classmate or to give support when someone shows their work.

This is how I like my real life classes to work, too, but my college math students don't always have as good an attitude as my Zoo U students! :lol:

Zoo

oow785m
  • Options
    heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    "wanders in to office" Oh, I have gift for you.

Screenshot-4_zps0d6cb656.jpg"width=600"
    Its a zoo. :mrgreen:

(I couldn't resist tossing the toys and gnomes in.) :P

"wanders back out plotting"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    now that i have looked at it again ... it dont look so good :oops: :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    "wanders in to office" Oh, I have gift for you.

Its a zoo. :mrgreen:

And a salute to ZooU in one of my WIP.

(I couldn't resist tossing the toys and gnomes in.) :P

"wanders back out plotting"

LOL! That's all well and good, but your gnomes will escape the second you take your eyes off them! Sneaky little suckers! :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes, yes they are.

edit: Pics removed to this thread (as per request)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/496129.page
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    Yes, yes they are.

After having gone back the "drawing board" I got these.

The top.

version one-no slant

version two-slanted

What do folks think?

Lesson on inspiration for it, courtesy of ZooU
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/496129.page

First, it looks as if your CFE is going pretty well so far, so that's good.

Second, since this is really more about the CFE class (unless you are going to have questions pertaining to Course 14 about this lot, which I am just not aware of), then could you post any questions about this build on the CFE course thread? That will be more consistent with how we do things so that other students won't be confused about the questions being posted, ALSO it has the added benefit of bumping the threads for "old" Zoo U courses.

Third, are these really meant to be zoo cages or was that a joke? Because I would do something different if I were really making a zoo. For one thing, I wouldn't use arches as anything in the cage could escape, not just the gnomes!

I'll see you on the CFE thread for a response! :mrgreen:

Zoo

P.S.
    Please don't take this as being in trouble or getting fussed at, because I don't mean it that way AT ALL! I am just trying to keep all the Zoo U threads organized and separate.

Thanks for your help!
    oow785m
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hey Zoo ....

I just wanted to let you know that I just snapped a few images of my farmhouse. Been doing an awful lot of saving (so i won't lose anything this time). As soon as I have a thread created for it, I will give you the address for it. Right now, I'm back at the part of the pool/pond.

I want to thank you again for creating these courses. Doing this first one was "challenge"; what with the roofs and all. :D

You are very welcome and just give me the link to your thread when it is up and I'll add you to the Blackcat Builders!

Zoo

GREAT JOB on your farm! I left more comments on your thread. When you get homework finished for this course, let me know and we'll adjust the link in the Blackcat Builders post so that it take people to the homework for this course.

Zoo

Saw your comments. Thank you! I added a question, but I'll ask you here ....

IF I were to close off the living room, would it look weird if I tried to choose a color (for the walls) from the furniture or drapes? Because of the wallpaper I chose for the first floor, I'm not sure what to do.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The zoo was a joke (I have been told it needs work -> my humor). :P

Sorry "goes in the corner with P-pup" "whispers - I got cookies. Want one?"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hey Zoo ....

Zoo

Zoo

Saw your comments. Thank you! I added a question, but I'll ask you here ....

IF I were to close off the living room, would it look weird if I tried to choose a color (for the walls) from the furniture or drapes? Because of the wallpaper I chose for the first floor, I'm not sure what to do.

I would either close it off and choose a wall covering with colors that look good with the furniture and drapes OR change the entire first floor wall covering to something more neutral. I think the thing you are trying to avoid is the olive green wallpaper with the rose-pink curtains and I think you are right. It doesn't quite work right now.

If I have a big open area and I want to use some different colors so that it isn't boring and all the same, I will make sure that any shared walls or floors are either neutral (white or cream walls, hardwood floors, for example) OR I will choose a pattern (especially for walls or rugs) that has all the color palate I plan to use.

EXAMPLE:

This is in the build I'm working on right now. It is a stone cottage and the main floor has a big open area that is the kitchen and living room combined.

I wanted to use light wood against the stone, but I wanted to use some darker wood for the part of the room with cream walls. I thought making it ALL stone walls looked way too busy.

I wanted patterns with a lot of green and blue. The living room area has more of the blues, but there is a lot of green. The kitchen is a mix of blue and green, even to the extent that the chairs have two different cushion patterns, but there is a lot of cream in the kitchen so that the stone walls won't make it read as really dark.

The requester I am building this for wants a big airy kitchen and I think I have it.

Notice my rugs are patterns and use the main colors in almost equal amounts. Notice my built in fireplace uses both of the main wood tones for the living room furniture.

There is a lot of color and a lot of patterns, but (at least to my eye) it works pretty well together.

Screenshot-40.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-38.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-34.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-32.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-42.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-37.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-36.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-39.jpg"width=640"

oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    The zoo was a joke (I have been told it needs work -> my humor). :P

Sorry "goes in the corner with P-pup" "whispers - I got cookies. Want one?"

LOL! It is probably just that humor in written text doesn't always translate. What is that structure then? I'm deeply curious now.

Also, OMG, stay away from P-Pup! She is totally a bad influence! You guys will both end up in The Foot Shed, I predict that right now.

... Did someone mention cookies?

oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    its supposed to turn into a flower trellis/rose trellis walkway.

It went through a couple translations to get to the "zoo" pic.

And a couple translations after :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    its supposed to turn into a flower trellis/rose trellis walkway.

It went through a couple translations to get to the "zoo" pic.

And a couple translations after :lol:

Oooh! A flower trellis like that could look awesome! Good luck!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    jjwagersjjwagers Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2014
    REGISTER ME
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi Zoo!! Thanks ever so much for your suggestion. :D I ended up changing out the wallpaper for something MUCH better. I won't go into ALL the details, but I have to admit I like the way it is looking now. I snapped a few new pics which I will add to my thread. Long story short --- the first floor is finally done! Just have to finish the second floor, and it will (thankfully) be complete!! :mrgreen:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jjwagers wrote:
    REGISTER ME

I will do that right away! Welcome to Zoo U!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hi Zoo!! Thanks ever so much for your suggestion. :D I ended up changing out the wallpaper for something MUCH better. I won't go into ALL the details, but I have to admit I like the way it is looking now. I snapped a few new pics which I will add to my thread. Long story short --- the first floor is finally done! Just have to finish the second floor, and it will (thankfully) be complete!! :mrgreen:

Excellent! I look forward to your new photos! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Zoo, I´m not sure if I can be there...if my calculations are right the course starts at 9pm in my time. I might make it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:

Excellent! I look forward to your new photos! :mrgreen:

Hello there! I just updated my thread with the latest images. New ones are in the last post.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757489.page#12120688
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi there,

as suggested, I made a new thread to show what I`ve learned during the class: Work in Progress ~~~ Learning the Trickery Afoot

Have a nice day!
  • Options
    KOCHIE1210KOCHIE1210 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2014
    School's out, so I'M BACK! :mrgreen:

Register me, please!
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2014
    I almost made it Zoo! I will be on the road for the next two days, and will be back at the nice cool homestead Saturday late. So looks like I will play catch up on the lesson. Have lots of fun, and some extra fun for me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    priscapup wrote:
    I almost made it Zoo! I will be on the road for the next two days, and will be back at the nice cool homestead Saturday late. So looks like I will play catch up on the lesson. Have lots of fun, and some extra fun for me! :mrgreen:

Dang! And I was looking forward to *meeting you* --- and seeing what sorts of mischief you would get into --- P-Pup. :(

Hey Zoo ... I have GREAT NEWS for you!! I am finished with my farm! woohooo I am now going to do a full blown test - while playing for a while - and once I am satisfied, I will upload it. I also have a number of photos yet to take and upload as well. :mrgreen:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good morning,
    I hope everyone is fine!

I created my own tiny island (just for building, not for playing!) for this class and I was asked to upload it to the exchange. I`ll give you the link in case that you`re interested in the world, too.

EDIT 1: I deleted the world because I have to fix an error. It will be back up asap! Sorry for the mistake :oops:

EDIT: 2 For some reason, I can`t reupload the world to the Exchange but I have an alternative link: Download here

tahera_a_builders_tiny_island_fixed.jpg?w=584

It`s a tiny island map (256 x 256) with 12 lots in common sizes. The island is decorated with a few trees, bushes and flowers so that it doesn`t look too bleak. Please, don`t expect too much. It`s quite a simple map just for building :!:

There are 12 lots:
    1 lot sized at 60 x 60
    1 lot sized at 50 x 50
    1 lot sized at 40 x 40
    1 lot sized at 40 x 30
    1 lot sized at 20 x 30
    1 lot sized at 20 x 16
    1 lot sized at 20 x 26
    1 lot sized at 14 x 14
    2 lots sized at 30 x 30
    2 lots sized at 20 x 20
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay Zoo, I am going to pray to the computer god of simming and install WA on my computer. I am SUPER nervous that this is going to cause problems. I am going to back up the WIPs and my tester sim that I have, just in case. Maybe if I never "travel" everything will be okay... right? GAH!!! *Shakily picks up WA case* Here goes nothing!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top