Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 14: There's Builder Trickery Afoot!-- Links to Lessons in Post One

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hiya Professor Zoo!!

Please REGISTER ME for this class. As of right now, I don't have anything planned. But, you never know if something will pop up.

I haven't looked at the the other course, but will *try* to look at it when I can. (Edit: reading course 11 now)

EDIT: Since this course is next week Saturday, I know I won't be all caught up with the Photography skill level. So if I am quiet *during* the class, just know that I will be sitting in the back taking notes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    I heard that "Taryn the Slavedriver" comment......

LOL! I say it out of love, T, I say it out of love!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    Register me, please !! :D

Done! Looks as if a lot of our team will be there for this class! You guys are not allowed to heckle me! LOL!

:shock: NOOO????? :(:cry:

LOL :mrgreen::lol:

Well, dear Zoo, as Bree says and you say to her too, there is always something to learn and/or discover. And, by another hand, how can we miss the lot of fun of your Classes? :wink:

I promise to be good 8) :XD:

I have to admit that if you guys misbehave it would be nothing but justice. Have you SEEN how we behaved in Taryn's classes? Rowdy doesn't quite cover it--- there was candy throwing--- AT the teacher.

I mean, not that I would ever do that, you understand. I have nothing but the utmost respect for my teachers and would never engage in said hooliganism, but I witnessed it go on.

*shines halo and tries to look innocent--- hopes Taryn doesn't read this post*
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hiya Professor Zoo!!

Please REGISTER ME for this class. As of right now, I don't have anything planned. But, you never know if something will pop up.

I haven't looked at the the other course, but will *try* to look at it when I can. (Edit: reading course 11 now)

EDIT: Since this course is next week Saturday, I know I won't be all caught up with the Photography skill level. So if I am quiet *during* the class, just know that I will be sitting in the back taking notes.

YAY! You get to take a course "live" with us! I think you will enjoy it, Prissy!

Welcome to Zoo U!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    So, how would you like to show off your Zoo U expertise? How about a way to earn fabulous prizes... well, pretty nice prices, anyway, for showing them off?

HOW ABOUT A CONTEST??

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/756416.page

I really hope this sounds fun and that people will enter! I am going to assign homework for this class that could easily be adapted to fit the conditions of this contest, and it is absolutely acceptable to do that!

Zoo

PSSTT!
    *whispers-- the prize amounts and number of prizes will be going up SIGNIFICANTLY due to the generosity of friends, watch contest thread for updates*
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Prizes on the build contest just got upgraded from "nice" to "EPIC". You should check them out!

Due to generous friends, the prize total for that contest is now 13000 Sim Points!
    oow785m
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know what you mean, I only JUST finished my homework for Taryn's class. There is a REASON I lovingly nicknamed her "Taryn the Slave Driver"! LOL! In all seriousness, she is just such a great teacher that she inspires you to want to do all the fun stuff she shows you in her EXPERT building examples. I don't know WHY I do this to myself, I have taught the next class after one of hers twice now. It really puts the pressure on to be awesome, let me just tell you! I can't have her out-do me in TEACHING, not since that is what I do for a living! :mrgreen:

Oh yes, her builds are inspiring. When I got stuck with my work, I went through her lessons again and looking at the pics of her builds. And it helped me to get ideas again. But Zoo, that also applies for your builds. ;)

I have to admit that if you guys misbehave it would be nothing but justice. Have you SEEN how we behaved in Taryn's classes? Rowdy doesn't quite cover it--- there was candy throwing--- AT the teacher.

I mean, not that I would ever do that, you understand. I have nothing but the utmost respect for my teachers and would never engage in said hooliganism, but I witnessed it go on.

I have to admit that her sentence about throwing candies was the best example about the difference of the words "to" and "at". :lol:

I looked at my working plan for next week and I have a regular free weekend. So I should be able to join live class. :D

edited June 2014
    I know what you mean, I only JUST finished my homework for Taryn's class. There is a REASON I lovingly nicknamed her "Taryn the Slave Driver"! LOL! In all seriousness, she is just such a great teacher that she inspires you to want to do all the fun stuff she shows you in her EXPERT building examples. I don't know WHY I do this to myself, I have taught the next class after one of hers twice now. It really puts the pressure on to be awesome, let me just tell you! I can't have her out-do me in TEACHING, not since that is what I do for a living! :mrgreen:

Oh yes, her builds are inspiring. When I got stuck with my work, I went through her lessons again and looking at the pics of her builds. And it helped me to get ideas again. But Zoo, that also applies for your builds. ;)

I have to admit that her sentence about throwing candies was the best example about the difference of the words "to" and "at". :lol:

I looked at my working plan for next week and I have a regular free weekend. So I should be able to join live class. :D

Awww, thank you! That is a lovely thing to say!

I hope you WILL be able to be with us. There is something fun about us all being together on class day!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    Here is a link (I hope) to many pics and updates of what I am working on for Zoo U.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757066.page
  • gamingprofilegamingprofile Posts: 21
    edited June 2014
    Register me please!
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    Here is a link (I hope) to many pics and updates of what I am working on for Zoo U.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757066.page

Heaven,

GREAT FARM! I also like what you have done with Wibble's class so far.

When you get the stuff from THIS class made, I would like to have a link that takes us directly to that work, but for now I put you in the Blackcat Builders list with the link to your whole Zoo U thread.

Excellent work!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Register me please!

You are registered! Welcome to Zoo U!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Our class roster should be up to date. Please let me know if I missed anyone!

And please don't forget about the Zoo U Build Contest (which has some EPIC prizes available):
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/756416.page

I really hope this sounds fun and that people will enter! I am going to assign homework for this class that could easily be adapted to fit the conditions of this contest, and it is absolutely acceptable to do that!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will not be able to attend on the 21st but I will definitely read up on this course after that for sure!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

edited June 2014
    flstrider wrote:
    I will not be able to attend on the 21st but I will definitely read up on this course after that for sure!

That's a shame, but it still counts if you view it later, you're still a member of the class in good standing! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zoo~ I have to just say, thank you so much! I just went through course 11 & you have changed my simming experience forever. :mrgreen: I just was able to photograph my RL dog and hang a pic of him the game, totally an awesome thing. :mrgreen:
    edited June 2014
    Sallidra20 wrote:
    Zoo~ I have to just say, thank you so much! I just went through course 11 & you have changed my simming experience forever. :mrgreen: I just was able to photograph my RL dog and hang a pic of him the game, totally an awesome thing. :mrgreen:

MWAH HA HA! AND ANOTHER SIMMER BECOMES ADDICTED!

LOL! Salli, thank you SO much for the kind comment, but I'm only half kidding about the addiction thing.

I have put photos of Baby Zoo and Baby Mr. Zoo (who is not necessarily aware that everyone knows him by this name) in as décor in a lot of builds. I have put photos of my nieces, AND since I build for other people a lot, I have put photos of their Sims (and their real life families) into the homes that I am making them.

I almost feel as if I've done a halfway job now if I make a build that has NO new art made specially for it. So, yeah, I'm TOTALLY too far gone to save at this point! :mrgreen:

Zoo

oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Hey Zoo ....

I just wanted to let you know that I just snapped a few images of my farmhouse. Been doing an awful lot of saving (so i won't lose anything this time). As soon as I have a thread created for it, I will give you the address for it. Right now, I'm back at the part of the pool/pond.

I want to thank you again for creating these courses. Doing this first one was a "challenge"; what with the roofs and all. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hey Zoo ....

I just wanted to let you know that I just snapped a few images of my farmhouse. Been doing an awful lot of saving (so i won't lose anything this time). As soon as I have a thread created for it, I will give you the address for it. Right now, I'm back at the part of the pool/pond.

I want to thank you again for creating these courses. Doing this first one was "challenge"; what with the roofs and all. :D

You are very welcome and just give me the link to your thread when it is up and I'll add you to the Blackcat Builders!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Zoo,

I stumbled upon this thread and it sounds like a lot of fun :mrgreen:
    It`s great to have so much personal liberty! Due to my timezone, I will not be able to attend the live class :cry: but I will read every single word :wink:

Please REGISTER ME!
    Have a nice day!
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hey Zoo ....

I want to thank you again for creating these courses. Doing this first one was "challenge"; what with the roofs and all. :D

You are very welcome and just give me the link to your thread when it is up and I'll add you to the Blackcat Builders!

Zoo

Hi again Zoo! :D Here is my farm thread ...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757489.page#12120691

I hope you like what I've done so far! :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know i am being a pest :twisted: but can someone share a link on how to change the subject heading on posts?

thanks in advance.
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    heaven1 wrote:
    I know i am being a pest :twisted: but can someone share a link on how to change the subject heading on posts?

thanks in advance.

Easy Peasy! If you go to your very first post on your own thread, you can change the subject by hitting edit. The subject will be at the top, change it and hit submit. Voila! You can do the same with any post throughout your thread. :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know how, but I WILL be here for the class on Saturday, so please register me. Won't be able to switch back & forth, but will be watching & taking notes. (got to give teeth a break)

Thanks! :-)
    edited June 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Hi Zoo,

I stumbled upon this thread and it sounds like a lot of fun :mrgreen:
    It`s great to have so much personal liberty! Due to my timezone, I will not be able to attend the live class :cry: but I will read every single word :wink:

Please REGISTER ME!

Hi, Tahera! I'm so glad you found us, and Welcome to Zoo U!

Zoo
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top