Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wallin's Sims 3 Holiday Dance Video (Reposted)

Welcome, and happy holidays!

Update: We're back in business!... sort of. If you saw the original version, sorry, but it got flagged by YouTube for the music. I was hoping as an ad-free video that it would sneak under the radar, sadly it's not the case. Sorry that it won't be as great as the original, but I hope you can still enjoy it!

This is my gift for all of my friends from the Sims 3 DD Stalkers thread on the forums.

If you arrived here completely at random, you're probably a little curious of what's going on here. The DD Stalkers are a group of bargain hunters on the Sims 3 forum who follow the constantly rotating list of sales on store content. What started out as a lot of people trying to save some money here and there has turned into a lot of incredible friendships, from sharing Sims, to creating a world to support created venues, hosting contests, and more.

Unfortunately, the original holiday video I posted was removed due to copyright reasons, but I hope this other video I made will do just as nicely for now. :mrgreen: I remade the video using free music from YouTube, and their selection of music is pretty average to not-so-great, but I had to use whatever was at least mildly appropriate and also was about the same length, so it is what it is. If it somehow gets flagged again now, then their detection system needs some serious work. (Though they were slightly edited, you could always listen to the original songs with the video and pretend like it's the same thing...? :oops: :lol: )

Anyway, without further ado:
Fm8DxpJ.jpg
http://youtu.be/g0oi56lL7U0

I will still be posting the photos from the holiday video as well, I can at least do that much! :D

Sims were provided by them from the Exchange, with some of my own being used here and there. I did a majority of the makeup, costumes, and created all the venues (with the exception of the lots featured in the 7th song).

Like my previous video, I will probably be doing a commentary to go with it sometime in the next few days.

Below is a list of users in the order of appearance by songs:

Original song: Holiday Medley - Victoria Justice, Max Schneider, Kurt Hugo Schneider
AlbeitSTEP - Alan
ashcrash19 - Melanie
Georgaholic - T. Poccy
Jimboola11 - James
MolliesDollies - Penelope
Mommyland - Tamara
SimplySimazing - Huni
Valgon57 - Alton

Original song: All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
Bouquetcatcher - Jennifer
Glenkatko - Victoria
Me1620 - Jodi, Hayward
Wallin - Jeremy, Grantham

Original song: Dancing Queen - ABBA
Bekkasan - Bekkasan
Edncrry - Ellen
Fran98765 - Georgina
Jojo777 - Ania
Lemonpawz - Lauren

Original song: Starlight - Taylor Swift
Lizbethbear - Torrie
neptunesring8 - Adella
simjenn - Jenn
TisenShiro - Brett
Wallin - Sam, Darwin, Ryan, Bradley
Ximph - Pepper

Original song: Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People - Jonathan Groff (Frozen soundtrack)
Wallin - Brody, Devon, Jason, Warren, Karen

Original song: Winter Wonderland - Amy Grant
AlXANDRA78 - Alxandra
DrewRavida - Drew
Meg1626 - Morgan
moomoneySL - Voodoo Priestess
SimsAddiction968
TheZommbie - Michael
Wallin - Steven

Original song: Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
ajaxpost - Adam
Angeljess26 - Becca
APotts - Justin
Charlottekn - Charlotte
Pakajynx - Stef
Wallin - Daryl, Chris

Original song: Let It Go - Demi Lovato (Frozen soundtrack)
Jorizorian - Jori
Kellycot1 - Aspen
ladysilver814 - Lady Silver
Meowbark - Adika
Silencedsong - Elissa

Original song: When Can I See You Again - Owl City
8NiSci8 - Nick
AimForTheHead - Kasey
Anmriej - Anne-Marie
Dicey10057 - Carina
Melissam311554 - Ivy, Cleo
MurphysLuck - Murphy
TinaG1947 - Tina
WingedPaladin - WingedPaladin

Also, a link to my first dance video:
Q9bXjCT.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzL5IQTF3o

Thanks for watching, and again, happy holidays! :mrgreen:

Video recorded using FRAPS, edited in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0

Comments

• Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited December 2013
    Photos

Update: The format of this has changed slightly!

Rather than posting them here, I figured out how to post album links to my imgur account, so you can check each of them out there!

Every Sim will have a close-up shot, a shot from the waist-up, and a distance shot. They're all 1920x1080, so they're great for wallpaper if you want to use them.

Since someone was unsure and asked me, you may do whatever you please with these photos. They are your Sims, I'm taking the pictures for you more than me. Make them into a signature, your avatar picture, your desktop wallpaper, send them to your friends - whatever you want. I would not post them if I did not want people to enjoy them. :mrgreen:

Some albums do have extra photos (I think Starlight, Dancing Queen, Winter Wonderland, All I Want For Christmas Is You, Everywhere, and When Can I See You Again).

Just use the scroll buttons on the left and right side of the top bar to scroll through the photos in each album.
    RCnZagm.jpg

Click on any of the group photos to be taken to the corresponding album.

Dlr1tzi.jpg
    AlbeitSTEP - Alan
    ashcrash19 - Melanie
    Georgaholic - T. Poccy
    Jimboola11 - James
    Mommyland - Tamara
    SimplySimazing - Huni
    Valgon57 - Alton

sJohpeM.jpg
    Bouquetcatcher - Jennifer
    Glenkatko - Victoria
    Me1620 - Jodi, Hayward
    Wallin - Jeremy, Grantham

jfw4JW6.jpg
    Bekkasan - Bekkasan
    Edncrry - Ellen
    Fran98765 - Georgina
    Jojo777 - Ania
    Lemonpawz - Lauren

C7PBWJ2.jpg
    Lizbethbear - Torrie
    neptunesring8 - Adella
    simjenn - Jenn
    TisenShiro - Brett
    Wallin - Sam, Darwin, Ryan, Bradley
    Ximph - Pepper

The Reindeer group actually only has the group photo. Since they were my own Sims, I didn't feel they were important enough to take the time to take individual photos for.
    6QRQpO9.jpg
    Wallin - Brody, Devon, Jason, Warren, Karen

s7ZgjgQ.jpg
    AlXANDRA78 - Alxandra
    DrewRavida - Drew
    Meg1626 - Morgan
    moomoneySL - Voodoo Priestess
    SimsAddiction968
    TheZommbie - Michael
    Wallin - Steven

jTE6qet.jpg
    ajaxpost - Adam
    Angeljess26 - Becca
    APotts - Justin
    Charlottekn - Charlotte
    Pakajynx - Stef
    Wallin - Daryl, Chris

5ETKkZW.jpg
    Jorizorian - Jori
    Kellycot1 - Aspen
    ladysilver814 - Lady Silver
    Meowbark - Adika
    Silencedsong - Elissa

ZDh3Uz5.jpg
    8NiSci8 - Nick
    AimForTheHead - Kasey
    Anmriej - Anne-Marie
    Dicey10057 - Carina
    Melissam311554 - Ivy, Cleo
    MurphysLuck - Murphy
    TinaG1947 - Tina
    WingedPaladin - WingedPaladin

Bonus: Torrie and Ryan's Wedding Album
    CEgBFBc.jpg

tLOvEhW.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Individual photos can now be found in the previous post by clicking on any of the group images!

iJ5LCu9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Post reserved in case I need it for something later.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited December 2013
    Can I say something now??

OMG -- this is amazing, Wallin! I've not finished watching it yet because I have to run off soon, but this is so terrific! How nice of you to do for your friends and for all of us as a community. I see a few of my own friends in your video, and it is soooo much fun to see them dancing.

Thanks for sharing this!! It's adorable!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:

OMG -- this is amazing, Wallin! I've not finished watching it yet because I have to run off soon, but this is so terrific! How nice of you to do for your friends and for all of us as a community. I see a few of my own friends in your video, and it is soooo much fun to see them dancing.

LOL, thank you! I'm thrilled that you were that impressed to want to comment so quickly :D I hope you enjoy the rest of it when you get to finish it later!
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    Idontrcall wrote:

LOL, thank you! I'm thrilled that you were that impressed to want to comment so quickly :D I hope you enjoy the rest of it when you get to finish it later!

I was at the right place at the right time. 8:15 (so I remember where to come back to) :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    LOVED it! You have great talent for movie making! :mrgreen:
    WAAAAY better than the EA holiday video!
    Thanks, & look forward to what you come up with next!
    (travel/resort vacation? Your Sim needs a vacation after all that recording/editing work :wink: LOL!)

(I have no clue how to make movies) :oops: :lol:

• Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited December 2013
    :shock: :shock: David, this is so awesome!! We're getting many more dance, cool songs, and sweet surprise! :mrgreen:
    Will also download it soon..
    Thank you so much for creating this! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    LOVED it! You have great talent for movie making! :mrgreen:
    WAAAAY better than the EA holiday video!
    Thanks, & look forward to what you come up with next!
    (travel/resort vacation? Your Sim needs a vacation after all that recording/editing work :wink: LOL!)

(I have no clue how to make movies) :oops: :lol:
    Valgon57 wrote:
    :shock: :shock: David, this is so awesome!! We're getting many more dance, cool songs, and sweet surprise!
    Will also download it soon..
    Thank you so much for creating this! :thumbup: :thumbup:

A huge thanks to both of you - I hope you didn't mind being Santa's little helpers! :mrgreen: I really had fun designing your costumes. I think Alton makes a very handsome elf (though that's more just because you did such a great job with him that he looks good in everything, I'm a big fan of him at least), I liked the way his turned out. I was going to use the dress Huni was wearing on someone in the Holiday Medley anyway, so that worked out perfectly.
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, OHMYGOSH!! It's finished and I get to watch it now!! AAAAHHHHHH!!

::cries like a crazy, hormonal, little 13-year-old girl who couldn't see her favorite teen idol in concert because the tickets sold out, then screams because her amazing mother got her tickets to not only SEE said teenage idol but also backstage passes to MEET the dreamy, hot, idol, and then faints dead away of over-excitement::

:shock: :lol::mrgreen: 8)

Too much? Too bad! ::does a super happy dance and then runs to watch the video::
  • Options
    Whiteraven40Whiteraven40 Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow David the video was fantastic (even my fiance was impressed with it and thats something as he normally rolls his eyes at sims stuff :D ), as others have said before you defiantely have a talent for this and as long as you enjoy making them I'll definately love watching them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    David, that was just... I mean, it was... holy cow... so freakin' AWESOME! Aahh!! I don't even have words that are amazing enough to tell you how spectacular that really was!! Thank you so very much for taking the time and effort to make the holidays so special for all of us.

You sir, are INCREDIBLE!! :wink::mrgreen: Thank you for being so wonderful!

::tackle hugs David, stands him back up and tackle hugs him again!::
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2013
    These sims are beautiful! Where can I wRECk and download them?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2013
    David! David! David! I'm just so impressed with your talent and what a fantastic job you did on these videos. I'm not sure which is my favorite, I love every minute of everyone of them. I know I will be watching them again and again. I do think that drummer girl is pretty hot in that outfit though! :lol: Thank you so much for making them. I look forward to your commentary about how you did it. They are a wonderful gift to us and we are very lucky to have you as a friend.
    ::Hugs and hugs and hugs some more::
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, everyone! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :mrgreen:
    These sims are beautiful! Where can I wRECk and download them?

They're kind of scattered around, but I'll try to post links to them all when I post their individual photos later. Most of them are done (except the Starlight group), I'm just taking a little break from the Sims right now after working on this for so many days, LOL. :wink:
  • Options
    TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    r8r9kOt.jpg
    Holiday Medley - Victoria Justice, Max Schneider, Kurt Hugo Schneider
    AlbeitSTEP - Alan
    ashcrash19 - Melanie
    Georgaholic - T. Poccy
    Jimboola11 - James
    Mommyland - Tamara
    SimplySimazing - Huni
    Valgon57 - Alton

I started watching this video and I noticed that SimplySimazing has a pattern on her Sim's shirt (Huni Bunn) that I created for my Sim's Nightgown back 07/26/12 with no credit to me at all. Her Sim was not uploaded until this year. That just isn't right.

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

ETA: Here is my girl with the same pattern: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6151816
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow, that was amazing!! Seriously, I can't even imagine how much work that took :shock:

And my sim, she's a star now!! :)

This video made me so happy!!
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Wallin, i was suprised when i seen my sim =D
  • Options
    JorizorianJorizorian Posts: 936
    edited December 2013
    *pokes head out*

:mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

*fades back into the crowd*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I started watching this video and I noticed that SimplySimazing has a pattern on her Sim's shirt (Huni Bunn) that I created for my Sim's Nightgown back 07/26/12 with no credit to me at all. Her Sim was not uploaded until this year. That just isn't right.

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

ETA: Here is my girl with the same pattern: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6151816

Hi Kim. This video was just for fun and should be taken in the same way. Any patterns/hairstyles/colors/whatever have been amassed over MANY years of play and have not all been kept track of. I sure know that I haven't kept track of anything.

Now I know you to be a reasonable person as I have seen you around the forums many times before, so I am hoping that you really aren't mad at this? This was a special gift for David's friends, he is not hoping to get famous/make money/be anymore awesome than he already is, so I certainly hope you can take a step back and see the big picture.

Happy holidays and I hope you enjoyed all of David's hard work, because he put a lot of effort, time, and frustration into making this gift for all of us.

• Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    r8r9kOt.jpg
    Holiday Medley - Victoria Justice, Max Schneider, Kurt Hugo Schneider
    AlbeitSTEP - Alan
    ashcrash19 - Melanie
    Georgaholic - T. Poccy
    Jimboola11 - James
    Mommyland - Tamara
    SimplySimazing - Huni
    Valgon57 - Alton

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

I'm sorry but you did not make that pattern, that is a recolored base game pattern. Anyone can take that pattern and recolor it just like you have in mere seconds. Like I just did.

1z2nb5l.png

the original

2rx7iuw.png

recolored.

ANYONE can have that same idea to recolor that pattern the same way without EVER having come across your sim...that has only 8 downloads. I mean come on its not exactly an original idea! Some of us have been recoloring that same pattern the same way since 2009. Maybe we traveled into the future to steal that from you too :roll:

This simmer uploaded the same pattern months before you even joined.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5250358

WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    AlXANDRA78AlXANDRA78 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry but you did not make that pattern, that is a recolored base game pattern. Anyone can take that pattern and recolor it just like you have in mere seconds. Like I just did.

Exactly. I think the terms creating and recoloring got mixed here. The pattern obviously was created by EA, so EA is the one who is to be credited here, if any crediting is due. Recoloring is something anyone can do, and no, you cant really claim to own a recolor, as, other people are just as likely to come up with the same recolor as you did. And that is exactly what happened here, I know David spends a lot of time tweaking the outfits for his videos... as I have seen him doing that in his videos :wink:

Now, back to the topic. I loved the video, David! Soooo much hard work has been put to it, that is easy to say. It must of taken you countless hours to do makeovers to all those sims, and doing the backstages, not to mention planning it all and getting a vision into a reality :shock: WOW! Thank you so much for going through all that to give us an amazing holiday present :D

It was so much fun to see my simself in the video, I had given up hope due to the difficulties of not being able to export her from the game, but David still found a way to add her in, as he is just wonderful like that, going through the extra effort to get everyone included :mrgreen:

And, loved the makeover you did for her! It is like, a bit of gothic, a bit of victorian... how did you know, that is one of my favourite styles? :shock: She dont look like me so much now... she looks much better :mrgreen::lol:

Thank you David! Happy Holidays! Hugggggsssss
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Forget it..
    "Someone's My Page" says quite enough with trying to "report me" to a SimGuru about my Sim :(

David, I STILL think the video was awesome, & DL'ed it.
    One would think you had a job in music video editing

:mrgreen:

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    I already commented on the Youtube link, but I STILL feel like jumping up and down yelling "OMG! OMG! OMG!" Not the most grown up thing to do, but this is just SO incredible! Also, I can't believe I'm the first to be posted individually! Yay! I'm #1! I'm #1! I win Christmas! :P

I'm so glad to see all the group shots up, and so quickly too. I swear, during the credits at the end, all I could think about was how to best capture the pictures so I could put them all together into one huge DD wallpaper (or maybe a screen saver). It makes my life so much easier to come here and just be able to save all the pictures!
    Jojo777 wrote:
    And my sim, she's a star now!! :)
    Haha, that was my first reaction when I got to the section with my Sim! I wasn't really sure I'd be in the video at all, as I'm a bit of a newbie to the DD Stalkers, so I was totally flawed to see ME (I mean, my Sim...) in the video, all dolled up and star quality! It was like I'd finally made the big time, because not only did my Sim LOOK like a star, she'd been adopted into the DD Hall of Fame, so to speak.

By the way Jojo, your Sim looked absolutely amazing! I was totally flawed at the whole video, of course, and seeing so many faces I recognised was so much fun (I never realised I knew people by their Sim-atars so well), but when I saw yours, I was just in awe. I could tell from the first second it was you, and she definitely oozed star quality (maybe even more than my diva of a Sim)! Definitely the Dancing Queen (with the other ladies, of course). :)

Also, I just had to second this:
    Meg1626 wrote:
    David, that was just... I mean, it was... holy cow... so freakin' AWESOME! Aahh!! I don't even have words that are amazing enough to tell you how spectacular that really was!! Thank you so very much for taking the time and effort to make the holidays so special for all of us.

You sir, are INCREDIBLE!! :wink::mrgreen: Thank you for being so wonderful!

::tackle hugs David, stands him back up and tackle hugs him again!::
    This just about sums up my feelings for the past 24 hours, though, of course, there aren't enough words or expletives in the English language to perfectly capture my level of sheer surprise and excitement!

So, thank you, David.

EDIT: I didn't really want to weigh into the pattern debate, but having seen how much both of you Simmers contribute to the community, I feel kind of compelled to. I can understand TheKrazy_KimSim that you're upset, as it's horrible to not be given credit when credit is due, but I do think this was an innocent situation and that this recolouring (not creating) of a pattern is totally okay. I myself have actually used the cherries and white combination quite frequently for festive table cloths and the occasional decorative detail on the bedroom walls of my little girl Sims (usually with the KPST items), and I've never downloaded a single thing off the Exchange, nor have I actually looked at anything but the rare lot or two. I find most of the EA patterns a little too 'busy' for my tastes, so most times when I use them, I blend a few of the colours together to make one symbol/shape stand out -- in this case, the cherries (since those dots drive me bonkers). Considering lizbethbear tracked down that pattern, which was actually uploaded as a pattern quite a few months before you joined the site and uploaded your Sim, it's obviously a popular enough recolouring.

@SimplySimazing, I would try not to worry about her accusation. I'm sure the SimGuru would understand this is simply recolouring, and you have the support of the whole community, I'm sure. Of course, I doubt TheKrazy_KimSim had any malice in her comment, as she's always seemed like a nice, friendly Simmer -- I imagine she was just a little caught out that she saw something she'd made, something she was obviously proud of, out there in the world. I suppose we all have the occasional day like that. You, however, should be commended on the fantastic job you did in creating that Sim, that outfit in particular -- I love the mishmash of different patterns! It's so festive (and also inspires me to try something similar, since I'm always overly conservative in CAStyle).

Anyway, can't we just agree that great Simming minds think alike? I don't want this all to tarnish the joy of the video!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kellycot1 wrote:
    @SimplySimazing, I would try not to worry about her accusation. I'm sure the SimGuru would understand this is simply recolouring, and you have the support of the whole community, I'm sure. Of course, I doubt TheKrazy_KimSim had any malice in her comment, as she's always seemed like a nice, friendly Simmer -- I imagine she was just a little caught out that she saw something she'd made, something she was obviously proud of, out there in the world. I suppose we all have the occasional day like that. You, however, should be commended on the fantastic job you did in creating that Sim, that outfit in particular -- I love the mishmash of different patterns! It's so festive (and also inspires me to try something similar, since I'm always overly conservative in CAStyle).

Anyway, can't we just agree that great Simming minds think alike? I don't want this all to tarnish the joy of the video!

Thanks for being so nice. I've been kinda depressed on & off a lot lately so that made me feel worse,
    (almost like a Target since she went to a Guru about it, to get my Sim removed) :(
    AND I didn't have my coffee yet..
    I would NEVER steal others work. :roll:
    I also LOVE the fruity pattern & the Fanta oranges one. I tend to change the orange background to a sky-blue .
    It looks so pretty that way & I put it in my uploaded lot on a few things.

Thanks for liking my Sim "recolored". ALL EA patterns :lol:
    I DO have a problem not overdoing colors & love colorful in everything myself
    -w/ the occasional skulls on things :mrgreen:
    (which drives my husband NUTS :lol: )

OMG WHAT??!!!

DAVID: The Video!!! WHAT happened?! :shock: :cry:

This video contains content from WMG, SME, UMG, EMI, Walt Disney Music Company (Publishing), Sony ATV Publishing, UMPG Publishing, Believe, EMI Music Publishing and Warner Chappell, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Sorry about that.