Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2013
    Dropbox probably is easier but I just haven't memorized how to use it. I'm fine with any method though.

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

I do have a dropbox and I rather use it to share because it will be then only for you but I need your email to share. I´ll sign in google drive and I will send all there if it is the only way.

I´ve been working in the house, as the size of the lot was 16x20, I´ve done two versions one 15x20 (to have one with an even size) and the other 16x20.

here are the pics (16x20 versión as it is which is on the world)

Screenshot-11_zpsa25a1b0e.jpg?t=1384812479"width=700"

Screenshot-12_zps7f6eca13.jpg?t=1384812521"width=700"

Screenshot-13_zpsfd3d6da4.jpg?t=1384726344"width=700"

Screenshot-16_zps06eaa236.jpg?t=1384812587"width=700"

Screenshot-14_zps2a081369.jpg?t=1384812671"width=700"

In the empty house there are two NPC homes. If you want me to I can switch houses and make another versión with a different looking, but this should be in 15x20 size because I have not seen another 16x20 lot, though I can make a switched one for this lot and you can place this versión in the 15x20 size in whatever lot you choose.

That has sound a little messed! In any case I hope you like it. As you can see I am almost done so tell me if you want me to change anything.

Have a good time simmers.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    The performance stages for Showtime are only available in buydebug. It does have x's on it, to depict where the props go. You can place it on a stage (the foundation one in build mode) or place it flat on the ground.

Love the house Junceda, and Aminovas great job on the Madonna! Last but not least, Zach the Bazaar is looking terrific; I love it! :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    Glad you find the pics helpful, Tangie! (:

Jucenda, I do think that's the perfect banister!

Aminovas, I really hope to see what you've done in the world and your Casa Azul with Zach!

Since this world is going to make use of Island Paradise, I would like to point out resorts can be created, Zach, if you think they'll make great additions. :wink:

• Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, Jodi!

Hey, Zach, I'm ready to do a little building for you today (after just about pulling my hair out yesterday trying to get King's Point working again!).
    I had a bad night of insmonia and had a brain wave re: the Frida and Diego paintings. I've figured out something and spent the wee hours of the morning testing it. I can't believe it has taken me three months of using S3PE to figure it out. I mean, I feel pretty silly now. I won't ruin the surprise. I want to show you what I've figured out, but I want to get them all situated in the build first.
    So... what did we say for the lot size for Casa Azul? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi aminovas! A 47x50 lot is what we decided on. You can definitely start on it while I do the Bazaar

We'll definitely use IP resorts. I wish I had that for Al medina.

Nice lot Junceda! You can upload with whatever is best for you
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sorry I haven't posted recently from home guys (my last message was kindof abrupt because it was from my cellphone). I was paying a visit to a friend's mom who is dealing with a possible cancer diagnosis, and she's by herself.

I'll work on the Bazaar a bit more today, or if I'm in the mood, a house.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh goodness. I'm sorry to hear that and I hope things turn out well for her!

I'll be heading out of town this Saturday and won't return for over a week, so I wanted to get the house uploaded for you. Finally managed to get it done this evening! Link to Exchange download is here:

Casa de Alegria

I intend to keep tabs on the forums while I'm gone but may not get much simming done, so I'll just be quietly cheering everyone on from afar. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wow! Such a wonderful lot Tangie! I'm psyched to download it! You nailed the taste that I'm envisioning.

I took a break from the bazaar, and I got to work on one of the floor plans I was drawing. I won't share any pics until it's almost finished, but I feel like this accidentally became my magnum opus haha!

I'm super excited to keep working on it!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi!
    Zach, sorry about your friend's mom. That is great you could be there for her.
    Tangie, the house is awesome :D So fun and pretty. I hope you have a fun trip!

Well, I've been totally wiped out today, but I did get a start on the Casa Azul. The 47x50 size works great. It is going to take me a while, so I'm going to give you guys a sneak peak of what I figure out:

Screenshot_zps6c9cbae7.jpg

And here is the kicker: this is not cc, this is not a default override. This is a direct overwrite of custom paintings. I can't believe I didn't figure this out ages ago.

We can add whatever paintings we want to the game!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Those

ARE

I N C R E D I B L E!

Do you know if they'll stay with the game when it exports? And will the game glitch when we populate it since there's a connection with the paintings and the sim who painted it?

(Also I'm curious: did you use your frida Kahlo sim to paint the portraits?)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi! :)
    I don't know if they will glitch the game. I had forgot that collectables can do that. It would be worth asking around. If paintings glitch worlds, then, yes, these will. They are no different than normal skill paintings
    The information for the custom image gets saved with the lot file when you paint a portrait or still life. That is how I modified them: I broke into the lot file with S3PE, changed the dds files for the images, and then loaded the lot into my library as a package. I can then choose the paintings I want to go in whatever build, move them to a new lot, and export them with the lot.
    And, no, I didn't use Frida :) I had some of my sims paint a bunch of still lifes, with a different color for each size painting, and then saved the lot with the paintings on it. I actually have an idea of how to make it look as if the sim is painting the custom painting, and that would involve telling them to paint a still life, then saving as they start to paint, exiting the game, and then tracking down that data in the save game data. I've broken into save games before. I am certain it is possible. I have been planning to do a photo shoot with my revised Frida painting in her very own studio :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh My!!!

WOW!!!

Hi guys!

Everything is getting wonderfull, Tangie your lot is so cute! I´m loving it.

And Ami, those pictures are awesome! Such a great work! they will look fabulouse when placed over the world. Hope they export fine with it, though the lot can be at the exchange to be downloaded if needed.

I have finished the switched lot where the functional house is the one with three stories and there are two NPC homes in the one with two stories, there are two versions one in a 15x20 size and one in a 16x20 size (the same as for the previous lot) if you are ok with all them I will upload to google drive this evening and they are all yours to do what you like with them. All five lots have been tested with my "Juan Constructor" (John Builder) testing sim and everything works fine, there are more than 200 sims living in the beta (!!??) and he even has a girlfriend he met at the Library/Cathedral

pics

15x20 version

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The inside is the same in both sizes
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

16x20 version

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Hope you like it, and if you want me to build anything else for you feel free to ask me to, I am willing! This will be a very nice world. But... (there is allways a but) I don´t have IP so I will not be able to work in a new beta if you update it to this EP because it will not run in my game probably so if you make an updated beta before you install IP it will be great for me to have it.

Have a good time simmers
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited November 2013
    Things are looking wonderful here and I hope you all are having a great time on this. :mrgreen:

@Tangie - have a great trip and hurry back!

@Zach - hoping for the best for your friend's mom.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys! I worked a bit on the house today.

Junceda, that lot is so awesome! I'm sorry I already updated with IP. If you use the current beta, then it should work if you just download the lots as we finish. The problem would be that you wouldn't be able to see any new lots or landscape, let alone play afterwards. You're still always more than welcome to contribute lots though! I should've checked with everyone before updating.

I'm excited to hear that you'll be building the Casa Azul aminovas! I have the perfect place for it.

Reachsims, it's so awesome to hear from you!! I was actually wondering if you would wanna help me on this new house I'm making? I have this floor plan, and a general idea of how it should be styled, but your so much better at interior decor than I am. I know you're busy with Cotes D'Ambonnay, but even if its just a room, or suggestions that you might have, I would love your help!

Don't feel pressured though!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi! :)
    The house looks awesome, Junceda!

Zach, the beta is on your dropbox, right? I'd love to build in it if you are ready for that. I'll just move the lot I'm working on there. It will really help to build in world.

I am working really slowly at the moment as I am not feeling well at all, so I am sorry I'm taking so long ! I watched the movie Frida again last night and took a bunch of screen shots. It is so rare to have so many visual references for a build. The part I am confused about is how the second story figures into the building. Also, Zach, do you remember what is going on with the East part of the lot? The site here has a great diagram of Casa Azul: http://www.recorridosvirtuales.com/frida_kahlo/museo_frida_kahlo.html
    But what I don't know is how much of the property that is now the museum was originally part of the Frida's house. I imagine the part labelled "annex" was originally someone else's property. Does it make sense to include that as part of Casa Azul? I think the lot size works best leaving the annex out as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The beta is on google drive and the link is on the front page, but let me get you a more recent version to work on.

Until I get home I can't get you an exact answer on which parts of the house were hers, however any of the adjoining houses should have existed when Frida lived there
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    No, the annex is not part of the house. Don't worry so much about differentiation from the museum and the house though. The Mexican government formed a trust to keep the house exactly as it was when Frida died. I do believe that there is art that is from other artists that was later included in the museum though, but it's not a substantial amount.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

Here it is the link to download the lots, they are all in one rar file so you will have them in a click (I hope I have done ok, if not, let me know and I will try again))

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_7erTjobHyhc2x4WkRGUVVhbXM/edit?usp=sharing

An this is how it looks with the lots placed on the world

Screenshot-28_zps270f0cc2.jpg?t=1384996519"width=700"

Screenshot-34_zpsa69c2ee0.jpg?t=1384996919"width=700"
    This will be a great world
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Great lots everyone!
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    Zach, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything will turn out alright for your friend's mom.

Aminovas, it's amazing!!! :shock:

Tangie, have a great time! (:

Jucenda, they're great lots! Excellent stuff! :thumbup:

Thanks, Reach! It is fun. :mrgreen:

Nilxis, thanks! Everyone's doing brilliantly with their builds.

Working on my build today. This is the open air kitchen.

sbps8i.jpg

The living room. You can also see the dinning area together with the living room.

2u5w2ua.jpg

The back of the house.

2e22miq.jpg

A closer look.

29mkl6b.jpg

I'm real happy with the result so far. :mrgreen: Things are moving along slowly but surely. *dearth of ideas for the decor etc* :oops: What do you guys think?

I think Seasons was used in this one; it really does have the items I'm looking for. Zach, have you got Seasons yet? I'm not sure what would happen if a world was not updated with the EP used. There's time enough though for everything to be done. :wink::mrgreen: Ooh can you make a list of the EPs and store content etc needed for Las Palomas on the first page as a quick reference?

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The colors that are coming together with all these lots are so wonderful! :)
    Jodi, I love your WIP.

Zach, sorry, I meant google drive :) I'll go look... :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

Zach I was thinking in something like this

Screenshot-37_zps472c6c23.jpg"width=700"

Screenshot-35_zpsf1b1ce14.jpg?t=1385162791"width=700"

Screenshot-42_zpsa577445b.jpg?t=1385076565"width=700"

Screenshot-40_zpsc275f248.jpg?t=1385162838"width=700"

what do you think? (hope you want it :lol: )

Happy simming
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you all so much for those wonderful lots guys!

I have a new beta coming up, and I'll make sure to get a pic ready. I like the style of mountain that I chose.

I'll post the link when it's ready. It'll include my unfinished builds, as well as your finished builds.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'll absolutely accept that new lot Junceda! It's 10x10 right? I just added a 10x10 where you wanted it before. Thanks so much!