Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2013
    There are some lots that I'll need to make for rabbitholes. Hopefully I won't have to bury many
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Great! I think I could make a mixture of the Zócalo cathedral and the colorful ones, something like this maybe: http://www.micoverde.com/images/mexico/inland trip/GTO_church.jpg

Of course with all the elements you mentioned.

Ok about the temple, no problem at all.

About the EPs, IP has some colonial-ish building items that would be very handy, but maybe you prefer to wait until you have it, as you want :)
    edited November 2013
    I can order it on amazon this weekend, and wait until its finished! It's just that I won't be able to install it right away.

Thanks so much! I love the church model you chose! I like the idea of a white cathedral
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi! Everything looks and sounds great so far. This is exciting! :-)

Would it be possible for you to post a few screenshots of a "Coyoacan-based house with a façade"?? If you already did so, sorry, but I missed it. :oops:

I've tried Googleling it but haven't found much so far, so I still have no clear idea of the style you're looking for yet.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    Junceda, that is just incredible!

Tangie, in my own search for pictures, I have stumbled upon what you are looking for I think. :oops: It's the blue one. Finding some pics can be hard, yeah.

2evrarr.jpg

My preliminary pic. *Might be subject to constant and drastic change :roll:*.

30bmdg2.jpg
    edited November 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1AP6dXH1sUSsMFW4Z-L5dJrWjn8RW7Kon3Pwe_w5q-VVhXzm6

Coyoacan-Day-of-Dead-003.jpg

callefranciscososa.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7cp6-lk_9MszYhHPCAZgLy8f-2xsGSGYRICivpbB0ZsvsZxCT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAIL_xLg0dhKFDKT7uKWl-VAr5-ux1VU3g8BTMcl8oMYvh7E9s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5ctJkRG1UxteuU_HrTTE1iGRwAtY9vv0NMqenuJx0PH-fPZhr4A

These are some pictures of houses in Coyoacan. As you can see, the architecture at this era has evolved past Spanish Colonial and has become much more Mexican. Things to focus on would be the colorful but aged plaster, black pig-iron accents, and a decent amount of windows on the front of the house, all of which create the unique facades.

Other than that, there are some neat accents to add. In Mexico city, many of the buildings use a combination of mortar and porous volcanic rock like this:

MexicanArmyBandDF.JPG

The interiors can be completely unique, which is nice. Anything ranging from colonial Spanish to Beaux-Arts will look nice, but try to make it so that it looks as if all the furniture was bought at a local market.
    edited November 2013
    I am much more happy with this one I think. :P Hmm ... this orangey colour works really well.

67s7ie.jpg

Closer look.

inbjpw.jpg

What do you guys think?
    edited November 2013
    I like where you're going!

I'd suggest changing the green fence into a half-wall or a thick fence. That will fit more with the urban theme of the area.

The orange might look cool with some grungy corners, or with dirty plaster.

A two-space wide door might be better, and some larger windows?

I love the color scheme you have, and especially that mailbox!
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, Zach! I'll get started on it right away!

Yeah, I was wondering about the urban bit. Haha the colour scheme. I'm definitely going mad with all the colours. Too colourful? Nah, no such thing! LOL

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!
    I am half way with the Palace of the Fine Arts, so sad that I didn´t take pics to show you but I will post them when at home, as it is a very large building I am focusing in the first third with the beautifull facade and the cupolas (btw it will be perfect in front of the Gaudí "cabaña")
    palacio-bellas-artes2.jpg"WIDTH=700"

bibikow-walter-palacio-de-bellas-artes-mexico-city-mexico.jpg"WIDTH=700"

I just want to be able to make room enough for the wonderfull art-decó staircase (though I will fight with this when the outside is done), I suposse we are not in a hurry so I rather take my time than doing a "chapuza" (botched work)

PALACIO+DE+BELLAS+ARTES+M%25C3%2589XICO+-+005.JPG

DSC_4828.jpg"width=700"

(Just for fun)

Bellas+Artes+3D+Pop-Up+03.jpg

Bellas+Artes+3D+Pop-Up+10.jpg
    (though it has been helpfull to convert the difficult structure to sims3 simplicity)

Some pics from campeche houses and the facades
    calle_casas_en_centro%20historico_ciuda_campeche.jpg"WIDTH=700"

c10ye9.jpg"WIDTH=700"

CampecheCentroHistorico3.jpg"width=700"
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited November 2013
    I'm excited for the art palace! I remember climbing those stairs. It was tiresome!
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love seeing all the pictures yall are posting. I'm thinking about trying my hand at building something in this style. What kind of buildings do you still need help with for this world? I don't promise anything spectacular lol but I wouldn't mind trying if yall could use the help and then if you like it you could use it. :)

I'm def interested in all the colored urban store fronts and houses.
    edited November 2013
    Junceda, hello! Love the pics, especially the ones with paper-folding! :) Can't wait to see your Palace of the Fine Arts when it's good and ready! :thumbup: And the art deco stairs.

After some experimenting, I think I've finally got a dirty plaster look that's also subtle. :mrgreen:

Dirty plaster in red. Red works really well, so there's a lot of red everywhere. I think I'm going to name this lot Red House. For those of you who know Spanish, if you think it's a good name, you can translate it into Spanish and that will be the lot's name. (:

2q8bjhh.jpg

Front of the house. Think the windows really fit here.

2jfh9v.jpg

Tiles!

2v9srus.jpg

This is coming along nicely I think. Everyone, I'm off on a holiday soon so I'll be gone for about a week. I might still be able to work on this world during a spare moment. :XD:

Feedback is always welcome. And any ideas for names too!

edited November 2013
    You're definitely getting there Rebby!! I suggest using a wallpaper on the half wall that includes the tile, and then use a fabric pattern with a symmetrical design to place over it. The base color of that design could be white, and the details could be blue maybe?
    edited November 2013
    GA117 would you wanna try your hand at an apartment building on lot#XVIII?

It should be three to four stories tall in the Coyoacan urban facade style
    edited November 2013
    Hmm hmm ... okay. On it!

Haha I did wonder whether there's too much tile work or not in one place. :P

Positively dreamy. I think this one's a winner.

mkzxw7.jpg

Thanks, Zach, for all the suggestions and help!
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow this is going to be a lovely world.
    edited November 2013
    Some inspiration shots from around the web.

2v8pg5l.jpg

313qbzs.jpg

1zz16i0.jpg

21acuh5.jpg

s6ufwp.jpg

2ziwppd.jpg

rasynq.jpg

epf9sm.jpg

2hmocx3.jpg

okmjxl.jpg

att54w.jpg

34o5vnt.jpg

epj9sk.jpg

152kmyt.jpg

edited November 2013
    Awesome pics! I like your decision on the pattern and for the images, I love the colored trims of those houses.
    edited November 2013
    Glad you approve. (: :thumbup:

More inspiration pics.

nv2osg.jpg

bdtthe.jpg

fbmafl.jpg

2nbdema.jpg

15q3jlx.jpg

2h3cv8m.jpg

4sdzea.jpg

2emdgns.jpg

28ulmhk.jpg

n5licy.jpg

91m45h.jpg

2l9i4ao.jpg

2upx1f8.jpg

2mee4vd.jpg

2e5iefk.jpg

28jljmh.jpg

2ypkjet.jpg

28bfyhv.jpg

2whfsqa.jpg

2csgjk0.jpg

I hope all these pics give you builders a sense of Mexico and help prod along your ideas! :mrgreen: Everyone enjoy!!!

Phew I'm tired; going to call it a night.

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    That's cool! I think the thing I love most about Frida's art is that her colors each are supposed to mean certain things to her, which adds to how personal it is.

I was thinking that maybe we could make recolors of of her portraits and put them in her Casa Azul! That'd add a big degree of authenticity

Hey! Congrats on the new thread!!!

Sorry I've been AWOL the last few days. I actually have been doing default recolors of skill paintings based on Frida Kahlo's paintings, and I was in that ZOOU class and have a whole set of Frida photographs.

And I've got a start on Casa Azul. I would be THRILLED to contribute that to this world!

edit to add:
    this is the best reference I've found for Casa Azul:
    http://www.recorridosvirtuales.com/frida_kahlo/museo_frida_kahlo.html
    edited November 2013
    Wow! What lot size have you made Casa Azul?

Right now I'm working on theCoyoacan Artesans Bazaar
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    I think I had it on a 40x30, but it is just a start.. I stopped working on it to work on doing the recolors instead. I've had it in mind to finish properly for you for this world since however many months ago you said you were interested in doing a Mexican world! It could go on any lot size you want. It is based on the diagram for the house that link. But I am not attached, if anyone else really wants to have a go at it! But I would really love to contribute the artwork I've been working on at the very least. I'll contribute in any way I can, artwork, build, whatever :D

I didn't realize I'd been away from here for two days. I missed a lot!
    edited November 2013
    It'd be nice if we could have a scale replica! Do you know the square footage? I believe that one square in the game is about 1.5 feet in linear distance. I'll double check that tjough
    edited November 2013
    I remember so vividly being in that house so if we could collaborate that'd be awesome!