Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>>> Did you know you could be missing EP/store content stencils? <<<

Comments

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for posting about these... I never knew! :-o
  • Options
    BrusterBrownBrusterBrown Posts: 101 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you posting this! I had NO idea! :shock:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2014
    it is very anoying that they don't fix it... that they even do forget the stencils...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited April 2014
    I was just checking in for updates, with all the new store content that's out... I haven't checked this thread in such a long time. :?

BTW- the be less stupid mod link doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure if the mod is hiding out somewhere else or not, but I'd love to have it again if anyone finds it...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited April 2014
    corettabarajas, I think he replaced BLS with Imelda's Closet, but it's not complete yet, so there's no point in replacing BLS for those who have it with IC because it'll set you back.

I could probably upload BLS on Mediafire for you if you'd like, I'm sure MrHawk wouldn't mind.

Also, I found 2 sneaky stencils on 2 KPST candy jars, I'll try to upload those too.

In addition, this isn't necessarily "unlocking" stencils, but there's a mod on MTS to remove stencils/overlays/shadows/etc if anyone would like to check it out. It's a great way to remove certain stencils from objects.

I made two tutorials on the mod: Objects I CAS
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I like any unlocked stencils

actually 1 of my curent hunts is dedicated to a special unlocked lot shop thing... if any one is interested....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone know if these show up as CC when checked with Custard? I wouldn't want to use them in a contest build, then have to change it ;p
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited April 2014
    Joolster wrote:
    corettabarajas, I think he replaced BLS with Imelda's Closet, but it's not complete yet, so there's no point in replacing BLS for those who have it with IC because it'll set you back.

I could probably upload BLS on Mediafire for you if you'd like, I'm sure MrHawk wouldn't mind.

Also, I found 2 sneaky stencils on 2 KPST candy jars, I'll try to upload those too.

In addition, this isn't necessarily "unlocking" stencils, but there's a mod on MTS to remove stencils/overlays/shadows/etc if anyone would like to check it out. It's a great way to remove certain stencils from objects.

I can wait for Imelda's closet to be finished... I've use the MTS one, I did the whole Drifter's Desire set with removed stencils, it's in my studio... I like the set so much better without the stencils lol
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    okester wrote:
    Does anyone know if these show up as CC when checked with Custard? I wouldn't want to use them in a contest build, then have to change it ;p

I don't belive they do... as it isn't CC just unlocked like the simport items...

if you have custard check it yourself (I can't try until I'm home)
    but you could downloade a lot with the unlocked and test
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    okester wrote:

They're not, because they're the same EA objects, just stripped of stencils.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    if your really into the missing stencil work 1 of my hunts is for a shop feturing them so my sims can go by them... 1 lot with them all.... challenge any one?
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited April 2014
    Joolster wrote:
    okester wrote:

They're not, because they're the same EA objects, just stripped of stencils.

^^ This, plus I tend to scan ea's stuff too, I can attest to the fact that custard gives a clean scan of each and every stencil in MrHawk's studio .... all 279 single items and the test lot.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    if your really into the missing stencil work 1 of my hunts is for a shop feturing them so my sims can go by them... 1 lot with them all.... challenge any one?

Hey Anette, if you make a lot and place all of the objects that YOU want stripped off of stencils, I can do that for you, I have the mod and use it frequently.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Joolster wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Hey Anette, if you make a lot and place all of the objects that YOU want stripped off of stencils, I can do that for you, I have the mod and use it frequently.

I have the mod to.... just got it... :lol: but thank you for the offer

it is more the missing stencil shop I'm hunting for... 1 lot with it all.. where my simmis can go shoping for special items...
    any removed stencils to make the lot look nice or just other items is ok...
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Joolster, thanks a lot for this thread! I hadn't spotted it before and I'm definitely interested in getting me some of those stencils back! I'm just a bit too lazy to download all of those replacements today XD I like the idea of a mod, I hope MrHawk releases one which just fixes the stencils though. I'm not sure I want all those other features :lol: If not I shall prepare my download-clicky-finger!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited April 2014
    I own a ton of those items. I'll have to take a look at them now. Thanks!

I know there have been store patches since this thread was started, does anyone know if this problem was solved or is it still ongoing?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hey Joolster, thanks a lot for this thread! I hadn't spotted it before and I'm definitely interested in getting me some of those stencils back! I'm just a bit too lazy to download all of those replacements today XD I like the idea of a mod, I hope MrHawk releases one which just fixes the stencils though. I'm not sure I want all those other features :lol: If not I shall prepare my download-clicky-finger!

yea I would like a mod that just did that too.... all the others is a bit to much for me... though some items I would liek seen moved to a proper placement... I think we got 1 wall clock in gats :roll:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lisamwitt wrote:
    I own a ton of those items. I'll have to take a look at them now. Thanks!

I know there have been store patches since this thread was started, does anyone know if this problem was solved or is it still ongoing?

they never patced the missing stencils... in almost 5 years...
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi,

I am interested in the mod but the link doesn't work for me. It says 404-Page not found.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    the link the the missing stencil thread?

try reloading....the page
  • Options
    clover087clover087 Posts: 261 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I had no idea this many items were missing stencils! :oops: I remember seeing a mod for the pets paintings, but I figured those were the only things... :shock: Thanks for this thread joolster!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    clover087 wrote:
    I had no idea this many items were missing stencils! :oops: I remember seeing a mod for the pets paintings, but I figured those were the only things... :shock: Thanks for this thread joolster!

it is quite sad right?
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited April 2014
    Joolster wrote:

Joolster, I'd love it if you could email me BLS?
    My mail is in my About Me section. And uhm... I can be a bit blonde sometimes, could you tell me where and how to "install" it? Thanks :)
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    Joolster wrote:

Joolster, I'd love it if you could email me BLS?
    My mail is in my About Me section. And uhm... I can be a bit blonde sometimes, could you tell me where and how to "install" it? Thanks :)

I feel blond to... and might like the BLS... if that got it all...

oh difrent candy jars... interesting
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top