Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>>> Did you know you could be missing EP/store content stencils? <<<

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited July 2012
    Jools, as always, you rock!
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    Sorry again but thank you for any sugguestions

I put a kimono on the wall
    went to edit the item
    The save circled in red does nothing when I click on it
    nor do the other two icons beside it. Its like they are greyed out.

The box to the right is sitting there and everything on that side
    can be clicked but not on the left side.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    Jools
    I want to apologize for asking someone else the same question
    If I upset or offended you I did not mean to. Im inclined to sometimes type the same thing to other people and its not a good
    trait.
    I sorted it out through your instructions. What I was doing wrong was not downloading the lots.
    Thank you again for your help and again my apologies

Please check your gift icon when you get a chance.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited July 2012
    No probs, glad you got it sorted and thanks for the gifts, you didn't have to. :D
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited July 2012
    I saw the original thread when Mr. Hawk posted it. I was absolutely stunned. I couldn't believe how much we were missing!!! It's hard to fathom the reason for leaving it out. I posted my appreciation for the hard work in their thread, but I think it's definitely worth another Thank you!!! to Mr. Hawk and AznSensei for all their time vested in this project and for sharing the result with us.

Thank you Joolster for reiterating these hidden features! I actually lost the original thread because I was numb and forgot to bookmark it, so this is awesome! lol Another great way to freshen up our games without having to prod the ol wallet. :wink:
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It worked for the couple of Japanese items I did but for the pets and generations items no new stencils are showing up.

I seem to have all the stencils from "Pet Plated by Tack-EE Inc. (wall sculpture) - atleast 2 stencils (other cats and dogs)" but nothing else.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    hanyo wrote:
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It worked for the couple of Japanese items I did but for the pets and generations items no new stencils are showing up.

I seem to have all the stencils from "Pet Plated by Tack-EE Inc. (wall sculpture) - atleast 2 stencils (other cats and dogs)" but nothing else.

What exactly isn't working? Have you downloaded the lot with the Pets/Generations items on it? If so, does the lot appear empty in your game or something?

I also had all of the writing plates in my game.
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. I didn't realize that I needed to place the lot. I thought if I placed the items the new stencils would just be there because it worked that way for the Japanese items. I placed the lot now and have them.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    In order to save the missing stencils you need to click on the object with the stencil you want and save preset, just like you would save a recolour.
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks Joolster! I totally forgot about these, cant wait to add them to my game :-D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Giving this a nudge, just added the MTS link for the Charming Beatrix Chiffarobe stencil.
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks! Bookmarking this now :)
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited January 2013
    wow. I never knew this!! Thank you for the info!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    oh that added from generation is nice....

I still don't get WHY they don't unlock all the stencils....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    anettesb wrote:

I guess with the amount of different presets on various items per EP or store set it's easy to miss some here and there. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Joolster wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

I guess with the amount of different presets on various items per EP or store set it's easy to miss some here and there. :mrgreen:

I jsut still don't get it.... it it is locked then they must have locked it.... or do they have to unlock every part of it... in its setting?

yea I don't get it...

and ok if they mis one here and there... then when we tell them why not fix it in patches... oposit alot of other things this must be easy to fix in patches.... like extreamly easy.... :?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited January 2013
    thanks Joolster. I knew about the Japanese hidden stencils. I have the dl for them in my game. i didn't know there were so many others.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks! I had no idea. Bookmarked.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for these. I'd only unlocked a few of these
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2013
    Since this is more up to date, there are a few more stencils as well. When I was asking Brighty today, I was more looking to see if Mr. Hawk had updated his mods as his Imelda Marcos mod only had the date of 2012-10-07.

This from Seasons:
    large.jpg

There is also those from the world adventures set. Mr. Hawk has the individually in his studio, but you can also get all the Sims3pak files from his site in one download here.

4801416_orig.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has seen others.
  • Options
    SybileSybile Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks a lot for sharing this info! I was not aware of this! I will look for the missing stencils next time I play.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the bump Jenn, I added MrHawk's studio link to the OP since he regularly uploads de-decaled base game objects.

Giving this a nudge for Cassee.
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited June 2013
    I never even knew this! WOOT! I downloaded the BeLessStupid mod, though the name intimidates me. Like I have something to live up to now...
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you :shock: You mean.. .EA did something less than perfect?? *le gasp* lol this is great, thanks for the info and BIG thanks to Mr. Hawk for making it easy to fix :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    so I'm looking around to see if any one made a mode with all the hidden stencils.... or even just a lot with what ever might have happen since last?

I dread haveing to make all new presets... so a mod be amazing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top