Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>>> Did you know you could be missing EP/store content stencils? <<<

Comments

• Options
    Fallen_HarlequinFallen_Harlequin Posts: 265
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for posting, I'm now going to check Mr.Hawk's post.

Bump-ey =)
  • Options
    SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    We'll keep this up :mrgreen:
    if you know anymore please share.
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited May 2012
    thanks for this i'll have to check out my items later in the week
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2012
    Up as well.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks, Joolster, for directing us this way.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Up.
  • Options
    mrsdennymmrsdennym Posts: 956 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I am confused.. why do you need stencils? Is this how people are building and make new content? I know how to make something in the game by recoloring or changing the face but that is it. How do you make other things?

Have a SIMply great day!
    mrsdennym
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Stencils are different applied designs to items. They add permanent, non-recolourable decals, logos and texture effects to the items. A lot of store items and even certain expansion pack content has missing stencils. Let's take this item for instance:

Hanging Kimono Wall Art

Thumbnail_300x300.png

When you download from the store, the only preset the item will have will be the one you see on the display image even though the item SHOULD have these other stencils:

Kimono.png

I hope this makes sense. :D
  • Options
    BujoGamer1971BujoGamer1971 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you SO much for this thread. I rarely go to the other forums so would not have seen this!
  • Options
    kad1116kad1116 Posts: 1,413 New Member
    edited June 2012
    which are from gens
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited June 2012
    :shock: Wow I never even realized this, thanks for posting hon. EA should truly be ashamed that they coninue to put out more and more crap without even fixing whats been broken or missing since the start :evil: :twisted:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kad1116 wrote:
    which are from gens

There's a picture for a newborn's room with a frame and a ribbon, we have the blue ribbon+little car thing on it but there's also a teddy and a ducky. Also the little banner with balloons, it's missing a Birthday and wedding stencil. The "alternative" family portrait misses 2 other stencils and so does the pink pony/unicorn artwork. You can see some of them here:

unlockjp.png
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited June 2012
    I knew about some of these, but I didn't know about the Pets stencils. Thanks, Jools!
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited June 2012
    Could someone please explain what a 'stencil' is please? :oops:
    I'm slow.
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited June 2012
    Wow! Thank you Jools. I had no idea about any of these. I feel Reaaly kinda ripped off now. I don't get to the other sections of the forum very often and would never have known that EA is still up to their old tricks. Shoddy EA very Shoddy. Thanks again Jools. Now I can fix my items.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm slow.

I've explained some posts up on this very page.

Ivanna, I felt cheated by EA last night when I found out about around 10 items in Generations I've never seen before. Springfairy asked someone to redecorate a room in a pre-build Generations house, I went to have a look and spotted a stuffed dinosaur toy I've never seen before.

I searching for it in all of the separate subsections, and if I used the clone tool on it, the game would open Decor->Plants tab even though it wasn't there. Turns out in only shows up in Buy Mode if I "View All" in the Decor tab, not Kids->Misc. section like most people. I also found the little robot toy, the ceiling airplane model, the kite, a submarine-type spyglass thing, a weird listening/alien device and some other stuff. And I also found the sleeping bag and Benny's Tennies if I "View All" in Kids section, none of those items appear anywhere else.

To think I would be missing out on all that if it wasn't the sheer chance of Spring asked someone to redecorate...
  • Options
    HylianJovi92HylianJovi92 Posts: 16,760 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    I'm slow.

I've explained some posts up on this very page.

Ivanna, I felt cheated by EA last night when I found out about around 10 items in Generations I've never seen before. Springfairy asked someone to redecorate a room in a pre-build Generations house, I went to have a look and spotted a stuffed dinosaur toy I've never seen before.

I searching for it in all of the separate subsections, and if I used the clone tool on it, the game would open Decor->Plants tab even though it wasn't there. Turns out in only shows up in Buy Mode if I "View All" in the Decor tab, not Kids->Misc. section like most people. I also found the little robot toy, the ceiling airplane model, the kite, a submarine-type spyglass thing, a weird listening/alien device and some other stuff. And I also found the sleeping bag and Benny's Tennies if I "View All" in Kids section, none of those items appear anywhere else.

To think I would be missing out on all that if it wasn't the sheer chance of Spring asked someone to redecorate...
    Oh wow, thank you so much for the information, Joolster! I had no idea about this, and since I'm a builder above all, information like this is really important to me.

Thank you so much and Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Glad to help HJ. I don't know if you will have the same problem though. I spent about an hour trying to get to the bottom of it last night, only managed to find 1 thread in Technical Discussion with 1 reply. The reply stated that the stuffed dinosaur is found in the Kids -> Misc. section between the train and the kite. That was in 2011 and no other posts followed so I guess the OP indeed found it in there.

When I looked for it in my game, it was not in Kids section, nor did I have the kite either. :-|
  • Options
    HylianJovi92HylianJovi92 Posts: 16,760 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    Glad to help HJ. I don't know if you will have the same problem though. I spent about an hour trying to get to the bottom of it last night, only managed to find 1 thread in Technical Discussion with 1 reply. The reply stated that the stuffed dinosaur is found in the Kids -> Misc. section between the train and the kite. That was in 2011 and no other posts followed so I guess the OP indeed found it in there.

When I looked for it in my game, it was not in Kids section, nor did I have the kite either. :-|
    Yikes, now that isn't fair :? Still, at least you found it, and even though it wasn't your job to, it's better than nothing :) And now other Simmers can benefit from it as well. I'm just sorry it took efforts like this to discover the issue.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I've updated the OP with pretty much all info you would need from MrHawk's thread since people don't seem to click the link.
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited June 2012
    I understand now thanks hun! Woah, it's cheating us in a way. :shock:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Going up.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi Jool or whomever who can help me.
    Im sorry to bother you but I am (for lack of other words) computer dumb.

I checked the dog house first and had 3
    I then checked the Kimono and only had one
    I dont understand where this edit tool is though
    or how to do that part. I couldnt find any edit tool persay
    I do have twallens basic modes (4) if that is affecting me finding it in any ways

I went into edit town and placed a kimono on a empty wall but nothing would come up except three choices one of which was clone
    so I did nothing

If I click on the item in my inventory nothing comes up

Sorry to bother you but like you I feel ripped off.
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm totally missing the stencils :shock: who'd have thunk it. Very strange indeed! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Once you've downloaded the missing stencil lot/objects, choose "Change Style" button and click on the object that has the stencil that you do not have.

Once you have the Change Style tools up on your screen, on the upper left corner you should have the presents window (saved styles):

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img402/2602/stencilv.png "width=640" "height=480"[/img]

Click the little folder icon (circled with red) to save a preset. Once the preset is saved, it will pop up in the preset window (the same one on the upper left), but with a different icon than the store (stole icon is by the green arrow, it's a shopping bag with a plumbob). The saved preset will have a little folder icon.

Remember to save your game after you've saved all of your new stencils because if you don't, your stencils will be gone next time you load the game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top