Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha City - Cyberpunk World (July 16 update, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    AnneMarit2AnneMarit2 Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2012
    I had my last exam this morning, so I now have a lot more free time to work on this world and hopefully finish it before the end of the summer. :D

Yohoo!

• Options
    AiimeeZombiieAiimeeZombiie Posts: 13
    edited April 2012
    oh my god this is an amazing world! i love how you divided it in to different sections :D
  • Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited April 2012
    I've made quite a bit of progress as of late, so I will have a photo update in the near future. The main point of this update is that I've uploaded a few of the completed community lots to my studio. :D There are others I did not deem necessary to upload, and some that would require testing before being uploaded.

Llama Energy Service Station:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5674665
    Screenshot-269.jpg

Steve's Business Complex:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5674660
    (No direct photo, but it's mostly visible to the right of the Civic Citadel.)
    Screenshot-265.jpg

Fresh & Frozen Express Grocer:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5674655
    Screenshot-286.jpg

Flying V's Coffeehouse:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5674651
    alpha11.png
  • Options
    hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Once again, awesome!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    Your architectural style is realy something else and I like that. It's like a fresh breeze of air among all the other worlds. I will keep an eye on this thread. :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the compliments guys! :D I'm currently trying to change my CAW to the SuperCAW, which will allow me to make Alpha City look even more cyberpunk, but I'm having problems getting it to work. :x
  • Options
    frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2012
    This looks like its going to be my favorite world :-) Are you looking for people to make families? I'd love to make a vampire family or two or celebrities :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This looks like its going to be my favorite world :-) Are you looking for people to make families? I'd love to make a vampire family or two or celebrities :wink:

While I appreciate your nice offer, I prefer to make all the lots/families myself. I will be uploading the empty world, but will eventually upload a save file with families in it. I've already got a dozen or so households made just for it, and most have an interesting backstory. :wink: I will leave a couple dozen empty lots for builders, and I guess another couple dozen built lots for players to add their own families. There will be empty houses and/or apartments in each "district" of the city, but the completely empty lots will be in the lower-density ones (so not downtown).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I finally got SuperCAW to work (thanks to simsample) so except the world to have a better variety of world objects by the next update. :wink:
  • Options
    AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I feel like a stalker for checking everyday... =(
  • Options
    MichelleBrujahMichelleBrujah Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2012
    Me too, but I'm anxiously waiting for this... My Shadowrun/Cyberpunk sims (made from my current Shadowrun/Cyberpunk campaign) are waiting!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Glad to see I have a couple of "followers." :D I may as well describe the upcoming update a bit. My SuperCAW works great, so I have access to all the Twinbrook world objects that were not available before, so I've gone a bit overboard with seawalls and stuff, but it's looking more realistic. I also have a few new building shells to show off, so bear with me, the update should be coming in a few days (I'm off work Monday and Tuesday). :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Take your time to make it awesome =) (and give me time to buy Showtime and Master Suite!). My Johnson and his Runner can wait ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Take your time to make it awesome =) (and give me time to buy Showtime and Master Suite!). My Johnson and his Runner can wait ;)

I don't have Master Suite either, so it will not be needed in this world. Any stuff pack is optional when downloading a world, as the items will just be replaced by base game stuff. Expansion packs are required, and the world may not work at all if you don't have one or more of the expansions.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I know that, that's why I say no pressure to end this. I won't have Showtime until June surely so I'll train patience, it's a virtue :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I know that, that's why I say no pressure to end this. I won't have Showtime until June surely so I'll train patience, it's a virtue :wink:

Ok :thumbup: The world probably won't be finished by then, since I'm quite a perfectionist, but it's definitely more than halfway done.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Massive update!

I've got a lot more shells, new world objects (from SuperCAW) and a few more fully completed buildings.

First, the updated seawalls and canal:
    Screenshot-125.jpg
    Screenshot-120.jpg
    Screenshot-119.jpg

New skyscrapers:
    Screenshot-123.jpg
    Screenshot-118.jpg
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Screenshot-94.jpg
    Screenshot-124.jpg

Arcade:
    Screenshot-117.jpg

I. Drent Dog Park (see what I did there?):
    Screenshot-122.jpg

Nectary:
    Screenshot-121.jpg

Seaport:
    Screenshot-127.jpg

Updated houses:
    Screenshot-96.jpg
    Screenshot-114.jpg
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Screenshot-116.jpg

Slayer Vampire Lounge (disregard all the buydebug lights):
    Screenshot-87.jpg
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    Screenshot-88.jpg
    Screenshot-89.jpg
    Screenshot-92.jpg
    Screenshot-90.jpg
    Screenshot-91.jpg

McCreary Irish Pub:
    Download link http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5728624
    Screenshot-60.jpg
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    Screenshot-62.jpg
    Screenshot-63.jpg
    Screenshot-64.jpg
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    Screenshot-85.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited May 2012
    :shock: Freaking awesome! That's all I can say :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Lizziguin wrote:
    :shock: Freaking awesome! That's all I can say :D

Thanks. :wink:
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited May 2012
    So awesome. I love the colors on those three towers!! Is it the walls that are colored or are there colored lights?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So awesome. I love the colors on those three towers!! Is it the walls that are colored or are there colored lights?

The walls themslves are coloured, while the lights are white. The colours aren't quite as bright during the day, but still bright nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Small bump. Just to mention that I'm currently reading William Gibson's "Sprawl" trilogy, so I'm getting quite a few cyberpunk ideas. I've begun adding garbage piles around the world, which gives the atmosphere I'm looking for. They're also great for any inventor Sim, since they won't need to go to the junkyard to collect scrap.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2012
    I just wanted to say that you have done something that EA failed to do - make me want to buy Showtime. Not for its content but because your world looks so fantastic that I want it to work properly and obviously require Showtime for that to be possible.

I'll be buying it once you've finished this - I cannot wait to get to play this world.
  • Options
    bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This is fantastic, will be downloading this!
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Same here, I want to get SHT for this world. Seriously very impressive world :-)