Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha City - Cyberpunk World (July 16 update, page 31)

Comments

• steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ok, I have an update for the overall look of the city. I've finished adding lots, and the final count is 181, so a bit higher than my original estimate of 160. :lol: I've done a lot more shells, as well as working on the details of certain lots, so it now looks a bit less bare. I've also begun adding trees, but that was after taking these screenshots.

First, here's the original pic I posted of the city's skyline.
    alphacitypeak.png

And here's what the skyline looks like now.
    alphacitypeak4.png

Here's a few more pics of the current skyline.
    alphacitypeak3.png
    alphacitypeak2.png
    alphacitypeak1.png
    edited March 2012
    Booo13 wrote:
    This is Amazing!!! I hope you end up finishing it !! It's really amazing!! i think you should add another suburbia somewhere instead of just that oone area that you have for houses. Maybe you can put mansions on the suburb you have now, and add another suburb with smaller houses. Just a suggestion lolol its really good and it really inspires me.

Thanks, I do plan on finishing it. About the suburbs, sorry, but this is a city world, and I already have enough lots. The regular houses will be in the lower hills, with the mansions above, and a few will be in the eco district, where I'm leaving at least 6 empty lots for extra houses.
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Beautiful update-I love how you've done it so far!
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Your building skills are extraordinary . fab work!
  • hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited March 2012
    It's coming along beautifully, well done :lol:
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    It kinds of puts me in the mind of Avatar The legend of Korra's Republic City. Steampunkish...Can't wait to see the finished product.
  • LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited March 2012
    Interesting theme, and nice work so far.

Are those high-rises CC or did you use cheats in build mode? Looks like quite a few nice lot builds as well - I really like that soccer/rugby type field by the school. Keep up the good work.

And, as for lot count - I know the feeling. I estimated around 150 in my world... halfway through it - I've already got 158.
    edited March 2012
    LeeMortis wrote:
    Interesting theme, and nice work so far.

Are those high-rises CC or did you use cheats in build mode? Looks like quite a few nice lot builds as well - I really like that soccer/rugby type field by the school. Keep up the good work.

And, as for lot count - I know the feeling. I estimated around 150 in my world... halfway through it - I've already got 158.

Thanks. The skyscrapers are a mix of a few Late Night ones, and those created using constrainfloorelevation false.
    edited March 2012
    I just got Showtime today, and it's full of great futuristic items that I can use! I will be taking a bit of a break from the world, while I play with this for a bit. Since I also have university deadlines comingup, as well as exams in April, there may not be an update until May. My nextupdate will be a big one, as I'll add all the new Showtime lots, as well as update other lots with the new items.
  • XxCookieDoughxXXxCookieDoughxX Posts: 1,118 New Member
    edited March 2012
    "Ooo, cyberpunk!!!"
    *starts lurking*
    (true story^)
    Hope you do carry on with this project, it's looking amazing.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2012
    I hope you're remembering to backup your work too :O I can't wait for you to finish! I'm so happy you're putting in Showtime venues ^.^
    edited March 2012
    XxCookieDoughxX >> Thanks, as I said in the first post, it will be finished, it's just taking longer than I anticipated.

Lizziguin >> I have the 4 or 5 automatic backups, as well as all of those being backed up to my external harddrive every week, so don't worry about it. ;)

Slight update, I'll be replacing the Late Night stadium with the Showtime one, to accomodate the venue, but the theatre will be kept as the Late Night tower. I will also completely change the central plaza to accomodate the park stage, probably going for a design closer to Toronto's Dundas Square (what I loosely based the plaza on in the first place). A couple of the venue shells that work like the Late Night skyscrapers will also be added.
  • aimeeastaimeeast Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2012
    This looks so cool! I'm so excited!!!

I'm bored of starlight shores, there are no clubs or anything and I can't even add them due to the lack of room!

This looks fantastic! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    This is amazing!! I love the nature reserve area :-). When do you think it will be done? I can't wait to download it :mrgreen: .
  • maaniomaanio Posts: 247
    edited March 2012
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Spectacular and whole new build ideas!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
    Quick question, How did you create the glowing walls? Thats so cool and reminds me so much of the urbz. I have a crap video card so I wont be able to incorporate it into my own world but knowing how to do it in case I get a new computer would be great!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2012
    You know how I said that this was promising? I was right, This is beautiful! :D
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the compliments! It's great that people are interested in this, so if you have any suggestions of things I should add, I will take them into consideration. While I am making this world for myself, I planned from the beginning to have it on the exchange, so feedback is important. ;)

SHadowfiend69 >> By glowing walls, I assume you mean the large "billboards"? If so, those area created with the invisible lights from the buydebug menu. When placing lighting on a wall that was stretched out (to make skyscrapers), the lighting still reacts as if the wall was regular sized. I simply adjust the brightness and positioning of the light to avoid it "spilling" onto the areas around it. For colouring those sections of walls, I mostly bring the colours to the brightest possible level.

Another slight update. While still having fun with Showtime, I could not resist adding a lot of the elements in my world. You'll notice in the next photo update that I went a bit crazy with all those electronic billboards. :lol: I have also replaced the stadium, school, and diner rabbitholes with the Showtime ones. The stadium is now also a large venue, and the diner also a coffeehouse. I've added that white "skyscraper" from Starlight Shores to make into a private venue, and I've built a park behind city hall for the park venue. I've also bulldozed the library and built a new one using the new windows from Showtime. I've done a few other changes here and there, and have finally gone back to sculpting the mountains, which are starting to look more like actual mountains now.
    edited March 2012
    oh so to sumerize,

You take for example the white wall in the paint selection, change it to neon green (brightest green) then then put the wall lights in buydebug. and then you moveobjects them so close to the wall that it wont "spill"? I don't quite understand, if you could most a picture wile in build mode to show me, that would be great.

another, to stretch your walls, do you simply use the constrainfloorelevation false raise the land, flatten the roof out then add the wall that looks like glass windows? or do you do something else? Ive done the way I said above but it seams I can only do it above all the other floors and not in between each other floor. A picture for that would be appreciated.
    edited March 2012
    oh so to sumerize,

You take for example the white wall in the paint selection, change it to neon green (brightest green) then then put the wall lights in buydebug. and then you moveobjects them so close to the wall that it wont "spill"? I don't quite understand, if you could most a picture wile in build mode to show me, that would be great.

another, to stretch your walls, do you simply use the constrainfloorelevation false raise the land, flatten the roof out then add the wall that looks like glass windows? or do you do something else? Ive done the way I said above but it seams I can only do it above all the other floors and not in between each other floor. A picture for that would be appreciated.

No need for moveobjects, just hold down the alt key to prevent it from snapping at each tile, and shift+click to adjust the intensity of the light (I use the custom intensity and mostly have them at 0.3 or 0.4). For the skyscrapers, I've found the video tutorial I used to get to 15 floors. In the video, he made the top floor the stretched out one, but that can be done with any floor. I may eventually make a tutorial on how to get over 40 floors, but I simply do not have the time for that before the month of April, due to all my university work.

Tutorial: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-fake-skyscraper-sims-3-406051/
    edited March 2012
    I have what may turn out to be very bad news. I was a victim of the blue screen of death, earlier today, and had to format my hard drive. I do have backups of the world on an external, but it appears that the most recent are quite old (no idea why), but I did manage to make another kind of backup before formatting my computer, I just don't know if it will work or not. If it does, great, I didn't lose anything, otherwise, my progress will be set back. I also will not be able to work on it for a little while, since I simply don't have the time to reinstall TS3 and CAW and everything else for a little while. If I did lose a lot of progress, I will be taking a break from the world for a bit, but it will eventually be finished.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Omg how do you make those neon walls like in the wifi thing? :0
    edited March 2012
    man i want to take so **** much from your world D: but I wont.
    edited March 2012
    Good news: all my Sim files, including my CAW files, have backed up. I am currently reinstalling the games, then I will reinstall CAW, and I should have time on Thursday to reinstall all my store content and check if my backups work. I have a bit of a break between my last classes (next week) and my exams (a little over 2 weeks away), so I should be able to work on my world a little in that time, depending on the schedule for my new job.
  • tl8autl8au Posts: 168 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I like the layout and the way you have it organized into categories. :) I look forward to the finished product.

Totally agree ..