Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha City - Cyberpunk World (July 16 update, page 31)

Comments

• steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited August 2012
    Excellent update! This world is coming along quite nicely. What's an estimate of the percentage of it being finished?

Hard to say, but maybe 60-70%? Terrain sculpting is done, painting almost done. All roads and lots are in place. I've added some trees, street lamps, and signs. Most (if not all) world objects are in place. A few lots are finished, a fair bit almost finished, and most are at least a shell, but there's still a fair bit of empty ones, and a couple I haven't found a use for yet. I have yet to add spawners, except some on lots, but that really won't take much time. Once done, I'll be able to begin testing (I would need volunteers).
  • WedWed Posts: 174 Member
    edited August 2012
    That sounds great! I look forward to it! :)
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited August 2012
    Nice steph_444444, I like the builds also!!
  • amamartin999amamartin999 Posts: 14
    edited August 2012
    Omg i volunteer for testing! XD
    edited August 2012
    Small update: I'm definitely going to be passing my latest deadline (before the release of Supernatural), and so I might end up using that EP in this world. I will be getting it when it comes out, and depending on the items included, I may choose to use it.
    edited August 2012
    I'll also purchase SPN, but not before mid-September, which is when I get paid from work the next time. So, at least, I should be good to go with that.

Now, what exactly are you going to use from SPN? Will you use the new rabbit holes or just objects?
    edited August 2012
    I'll also purchase SPN, but not before mid-September, which is when I get paid from work the next time. So, at least, I should be good to go with that.

Now, what exactly are you going to use from SPN? Will you use the new rabbit holes or just objects?

I haven't looked at Supernatural all too much, but it seems to have a lot of great architectural objects (windows and doors). I'm 90% sure I won't use the rabbitholes, except if there's a completely new one, so it'll probably simply be the objects, as well as new spawners. I'll know more about whether or not I'll use it once I have it installed and play it a bit.
  • AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey, this looks AMAZING. When will you post a download? ;3
    edited September 2012
    I got Supernatural, had the chance to look at the build/buy elements a bit, and I'm definitely using it. For those who might still be on the fence about it, they added sets of windows and doors that fit perfectly together, friezes for the top of old buildings, gutters, electrical boxes, A/C units, different coloured chimneys of existing fireplaces, and a ton more things.

AmaterasuChan >> I have no idea of a "release" date, but I am more than half finished with this.
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited September 2012
    Warning; Neurotoxin reaching dangerously unleathal levels.

Like the Aperture Science Facility, nice touch.
  • joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited September 2012
    **** Steph, this looks fricking cool and exciting. I wish EA could make worlds like this or at least one.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited September 2012
    I got Supernatural, had the chance to look at the build/buy elements a bit, and I'm definitely using it. For those who might still be on the fence about it, they added sets of windows and doors that fit perfectly together, friezes for the top of old buildings, gutters, electrical boxes, A/C units, different coloured chimneys of existing fireplaces, and a ton more things.

AmaterasuChan >> I have no idea of a "release" date, but I am more than half finished with this.

Good thing I was planning to get Supernatural at some point :D
  • Dawid9089Dawid9089 Posts: 413 New Member
    edited September 2012
    :) hows the world going so far ? :)
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the reply :D
    Please tell me it's still going :o
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2012
    Looks pretty cool. I really like the design and color on the Brownstone Apartments.

Bookmarked.
    edited October 2012
    Sorry for the the lack of an update in awhile. I've been very busy with school, and it doesn't look like that will slow down at all this semester. I still have some time to work on the world, just not as quickly as I'd like. I've exported the unfinished world to build with less loading times and to hopefully remove the lagging from EIG, and it works great. :D Has no lag, even with high-detailed lots set to 6, so this is promising. There is a bit of stuttering when in the downtown area, with buildings loading, but nothing too major, and nothing when staying on one building, so I'm not worried. I may do a bit of routing testing at some point, but I'll probably reserve that for last.

Also, thanks for all the compliments. :D I'll try to finish this as early as possible for you guys.
  • teejoe4teejoe4 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Holy cow! I am SO excited for this world!!

This all looks amazing! Fantastic job! I love the futuristic cyberpunk feeling all the pictures create.

You mentioned getting some ideas from the Sprawl Trilogy... Have you read the Hex series by Rhiannon Lassiter? Not the same by a long shot, but there is some fantastic imagery created by the author... I get the same feeling looking at your photos as I did reading her books.

This is the world I've been waiting to have my sims live in! I can't wait to play in it. :D

Keep up the awesome work! I'll be patiently waiting a release!

Oh, and Kaffarov's Villa.. :shock: Freaking. Awesome!

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2012
    No news for more than a day? I'm getting worried.
    edited October 2012
    MORE than a day? D: Let me bump this for you just in case, if I may.
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited October 2012
    When will you get on the forums again!?
    edited October 2012
    Playerthe95 >> I'm still around, just very busy with school. I'm slowly working on this world, and will probably post an update in 1-2 weeks (after midterms and assignments).
    edited October 2012
    At this rate, since many people are getting Seasons, you might as well make your world Seasons-ready. It'll be out very soon. :)
    edited November 2012
    At this rate, since many people are getting Seasons, you might as well make your world Seasons-ready. It'll be out very soon. :)

I'll be getting seasons when it comes out and will definitely use it. I plan on making Circuit Square into a seasons park, to have different attractions depending on the season.
  • KawaiiMiraKawaiiMira Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Looking forward to this world. Bookmarked :)
    edited November 2012
    I check this everyday and not seeing any news breaks my heart </3