Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation Thread 2024 (Patch Now Out))

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
We already know one of the patch features is new colors coming to some current hairstyles.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    We already know one of the patch features is new colors coming to some current hairstyles.

I hope this won't break cc hair?
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I am hoping one day we’ll get the option to add our own custom colour swatches. A blank box and you click it and choose the colour, similar to how Word documents work. I like changing the colour font a lot.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member

This is great news actually! Super exited for this one. New hairs..eyes, clothes etc everything for making CAS more vercatile is so welcome.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 28

I think more accurately to say its new colored styles coming to pre-existing hairs (the basegame puffs and the braids). It's new in that theyll be colored/dyed now (along with the original non-dyed versions), but it's not new colors.

New colors would mean that ALL of the hairs would get updated and that's a huge endeavor. Hopefully in a future update of some kind as I'm still waiting on a proper purple!
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I don’t work for EA, but I can tell you why the shopping cart is in the game. It’s a form of advertising. Sims 4 is free now and the only way they make money is off of the DLC. Since the game is free I’m sure it’s brought a lot of new people into the game, maybe people who are more used to playing free games on their phone. Those people ( I know because I play a word game on my phone ) have things popping up trying to get you to spend more money for coins. I have just learned to ignore them because I don’t spend money on phone games, but it’s obvious that some people do, or they wouldn’t advertise…..

It doesn’t bother me ( as long as it’s not flashing, that would bother me ). It is in an inconvenient place though. They should probably have it all the way to the right. There are some people who may not even realize that there is DLC for the Sims game because, they have never played it. they don’t know to go to the top left where the packs are which is the way I always get my DLC for the game.
  • Options
    I hope we get the 2 Kit Announcements thus week. It's April now.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 1
    Kit #28 & 29 aka SP50 & 51 could be the end of the kits now that Maxis Europe can produce Stuff Packs.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited April 1
    Kit #28 & 29 aka SP50 & 51 could be the end of the kits now that Maxis Europe can produce Stuff Packs.

Yeah, they could. But they won't. Kits are the only form of content they can continue adding on top of this fragile pile of packs without great risk of further breaking the game.

We're not the target audience. The target audience is buying pack after pack for a few items they like, not complaining when they get bored, but just buying another pack to keep their interest in the game alive.

EA don't deny doing what we beg for because they're mean, but because we are a minority and EA naturally does what is best for their games. They're not some Indie developer pouring their heart in one game. They're a large company optimising their game for mainly profit purposes. The Sims is not their baby, it never was, it was Will Wright's and he left the ship to focus on a new "baby" ages ago.

We'll be getting more kits for TS4 until they stop to release new content.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

The kits were not made to replace stuff packs.
  • Options
    edited April 1

The kits were not made to replace stuff packs.

2021 : Maxis Europe is created and the same year kits appeared, I think Stuff Pack was transferred to them but it required 2 years of development.

Instead of releasing nothing, kits were easier to do, in term of gameplay Maxis Redwood Shores could focused on Project Rene.
    But the sales are low compare to Stuff Pack, the most of players don't collect them.

Of course that's only speculations, I could be wrong.

@elelunicy wrote: »
    Today's patch also added 20 more stuff pack numbers for future uses. Hopefully this means more kits are coming soon.

6ZkecZG.png

Well, we almost reach it but SP19 and SP27 never exist.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

Yeah, they could. But they won't. Kits are the only form of content they can continue adding on top of this fragile pile of packs without great risk of further breaking the game.

We're not the target audience. The target audience is buying pack after pack for a few items they like, not complaining when they get bored, but just buying another pack to keep their interest in the game alive.

EA don't deny doing what we beg for because they're mean, but because we are a minority and EA naturally does what is best for their games. They're not some Indie developer pouring their heart in one game. They're a large company optimising their game for mainly profit purposes. The Sims is not their baby, it never was, it was Will Wright's and he left the ship to focus on a new "baby" ages ago.

We'll be getting more kits for TS4 until they stop to release new content.

I wish they would listen and give us more pool items.
  • Options
    edited April 2
    Today we get a new patch or just an sdx drop. I'm thinking it's going to be a patch.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Today we get a new patch or just an sdx drop. I'm thinking it's going to be a patch.

Tuesday is indeed a patch day, but there is no laundry list and no kits announcement.
  • Options
    edited April 2

"As part of #PlayInColor with @darkandlovely, today's free update brings 24 color combinations across two existing hairstyles! 💜"

• Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Not an update, false advertisememt. It's a sdx
    The game is screaming for bug fixes and they focused in new colors for existing hairstyles

I love the Sims but this is just sad
  • Options
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    The game is screaming for bug fixes and they focused in new colors for existing hairstyles

As the patch must appear before the April kits, we won't have to wait very long.
  • Options
    @plumboy23

SDX is an update delivered earlier before being included in a patch.

Don't try to cover them hahahaha
    It's just disappointing
  • Options

As the patch must appear before the April kits, we won't have to wait very long.

That's for sure, hope it has many bug fixes
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

TBF this sort of thing was likely in the works for awhile.
  • Options

I hope the Kits will get announced Thursday.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I really don't get how their priorities work. All I know is that, if it were up to me to fix the relationship between the company and the players, I'd be doing some serious public damage control, including releasing laundry lists and bug-fix patches on a predictable schedule in order to reassure players that the game is not being neglected and is safe to play.

But what do I know? I'm just a customer (who hardly plays anymore and won't buy anything because of bugs).
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Despite all rightful criticism it has to be said that the (vanilla) game is currently in a better state than in years.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Looks like they have no plans to remove the in game shopping cart.
    As long as they don't I have no plans to play this game or get anything new for it.
    If it's not removed within the next few months, I'll just remove sims 4 all together.

And no future sims games with any in game shopping cart will ever get my money either, plenty of competitors coming out in the next few years anyway. There's bound to be one who shows more respect to its customers.