Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living Challenge Idea!!

Comments

• Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    How do you record a video? This sounds interesting!
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I can't figure out how to upload pics to this thread. TS3 forums were so much easier to navigate. It won't even let me change my profile picture on here.
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    circa1986 wrote: »
    I can't figure out how to upload pics to this thread. TS3 forums were so much easier to navigate. It won't even let me change my profile picture on here.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know
  • Options
    kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2015
    circa1986 wrote: »
    How do you record a video? This sounds interesting!

There are many ways to record. If you are looking for a free and legal way, I can recommend OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), but it takes some time to set up. I recommend watching some youtube tutorials on the software, as the sound is defaulty set to 1.5 seconds delay. It's mostly used for streaming FPS games and such, and in my experience, the video comes out kind of grainy, even at the highest quality. I only use OBS for low graphic games such as 7Days or Minecraft. The upside is that the files are fairly small and you can record sound as well. You will need to edit your video, personally I use Vegas Pro or Corel Video Studio (none of which are free), I've tried a lot of open source freeware but this just suits me. I record with fraps that give me excellent quality, I just remove the FPS in the corner when setting up the program - no sound because then it would give me 100 clips per 20 mins of recording, and Audacity (freeware) to record the sound. I edit the two clips together with a small intro (a purring cat :p ), and then I render the video which takes time depending on your hardware, and then your videos are ready for upload.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but when you first get into it and learn the ways of the software, it's not really that hard. I prerecord or bulkrecord all the time and do the rendering at night when I am sleeping, or when I am making dinner etc. It took me about half a week or a week to learn Vegas Pro, so I mostly use Corel Video Studio because of its simplicity. And it renders faster for some reason.

I hope this helped some, at least. It might seem hard to learn and tedious to get into, but for me personally, it's worth it :)

My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Options
    GlitchieeGlitchiee Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this idea and am doing it as my first sims challenge ever, and on stream to boot!
  • Options
    rowrowbunnyrowrowbunny Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2015
    This is going to be hard. I have a mod where everyone can get pregnant (that means guys, elders, etc.) and one where you can scan or set the offspring of your pregnancy. I was doing the challenge and made my sim and her boyfriend try for baby, and then my sim got pregnant with girl twins and her boyfriend got pregnant with a girl. They are married now so I'm going to have three kids in a 5x5 house!
  • Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    Just got bonked out on my latest game save due to a bug and this seems really cute and simple to complete to get me back into the groove! Already got my couple set up in their home. Except I accidently gave the spouse big happy family too, I read something wrong. :P oops!
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @Maddy-the-Poodle I just uploaded a house for the tiny living challenge. It's in the Sims 4 gallery and called Tiny Luxury nocc, #professorlilith #tinyliving #tinylivingchallenge. I, of course, think it's adorable, but other sims players may not. :-D
  • Options
    Been uploading my challenge onto my blog here. I've also added an extra challenge for myself that you can find on that page. Love it. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    I just created my Tiny Living family, so excited to try this. I wanted to share them and their cute house!

Joanna Bach
    gA7A4oH.png
    Tyler Bach
    fjToSRg.png
    Their cute house!
    JofFepS.png
    zN0sTqj.png
    5cOQDvy.png
    hKV3XgW.png
    3cLABRh.png

Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeyOnWallMonkeyOnWall Posts: 3 New Member
    Do all of the generations have to keep living in the same house? Or can you move older generations out when a new generation starts?
  • Options
    @MonkeyOnWall I'm assuming all generations have to stay on the same lot, hence the rule that you're allowed to create your new young adult heir a 5x5 house on the same lot. The challenge would be way too easy if you could just move everyone off the lot besides your heir, their spouse, and the next eligible heir child!
    But as far as spare children (if you have more than one) you ARE allowed to move that sim off.
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    Here's my Tiny house!
    05-08-15_11-36nbspAM_zps6dychqbq.png05-08-15_11-37nbspAM_zpsozapgozo.png

And my little couple, Minnie and Zander Fraser.
    05-08-15_11-59nbspAM_zpsud2olfwl.png
    05-08-15_11-59nbspAM-2_zpsodl7c2fo.png

And their now teen son, Bennett!
    05-12-15_1-02nbspPM_zpsi6ttrezk.png

Feel free to check out my whole blog in my siggy below!

Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Okay, so I installed sims on my personal laptop & decided to have a second go at this challenge! My new sims are Londyn & Kasen Carlisle. Londyn has the Big Happy Family aspiration, and is a creative perfectionist. Kasen has the Best-Selling Author aspiration, and is a creative genius perfectionist. Here goes nothing!
  • Options
    ultraspy1ultraspy1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow! I just discovered Sims 4 and just didn't know what to do. I started the game and just thought, "Uh ... now what?" I suppose playing without a challenge is beyond my comprehension. I'm so glad I thought of the forums and stumbled on this beauty of a thread.

I had no idea that people shared their stories via youtube. Now I want to research the best recording options and get involved in the community and get my Tiny Sims Challenge on! Yay! It's like getting new friends!

(Sorry for the extreme enthusiasm. I'm not always "normal")
  • Options
    Here's my Tiny house!
    05-08-15_11-36nbspAM_zps6dychqbq.png05-08-15_11-37nbspAM_zpsozapgozo.png

And my little couple, Minnie and Zander Fraser.
    05-08-15_11-59nbspAM_zpsud2olfwl.png
    05-08-15_11-59nbspAM-2_zpsodl7c2fo.png

And their now teen son, Bennett!
    05-12-15_1-02nbspPM_zpsi6ttrezk.png

Feel free to check out my whole blog in my siggy below!

Ohh. that house is gorgeous! I never thought of having the bathroom door facing outside, that saves a lot of space.. Hmm. I just have a wall separating the bathroom from the rest of the house, nobody seems to mind, haha :D
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    Can the kitchen be outside? Also can I make a room (Inside the 5x5) for a bathroom?!?!??!
  • Options
    Book marked
  • Options
    jms62511jms62511 Posts: 167 Member
    This seems like an interesting challenge. On my YouTube channel, SimmingWithNettles, (which you're all welcome to check out and subscribe if you'd like :D) I'm doing the "100 Baby Challenge" and the "Foster Child Challenge". I was scrolling through the list of challenges to see which one appealed to me, and that's when I came across this one. I will start doing this challenge ASAP! Follow my progress on my YouTube channel!
    New Beginnings - Story on my Instagram page, bloominglotussims
  • Options
    WHAT ABOUT ADOPTING FOR GAY COUPLES?!?!?!?!?!?!? Allowed?!?!?
  • Options
    Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2015
    I really love this challenge as i've been playing it. I've run into some difficulty with the aspiration though.

Why the mandatory Big Happy Family aspiration? As a first generation female sim i've found its pretty impossible to complete due to the "be friends with 3 of your children" and "have 4 grandchildren" parts of the aspiration. There's a difference between something being a challenge, yet doable and something being pretty much impossible. So far this aspiration is on the impossible side due to lack of space and lack of being able to have more than two children. I've thought through some workarounds:

1. Eldest child turns to young adult and get a 5x5 lot of their own to use as bed space. However, I don't feel like this was the intention of the OP, but it was never actually specified how to furnish the lot. Can I get this clarified?

2. You play as a man, that way you can have some baby mama outside the home and befriend your other two children with her, but that leaves the "have 4 grandchildren" part still left to be done. That's only possible to do if you play with sims outside your lot, which is a lot of work honestly for just one sim to complete an aspiration.

I suggest that the aspirations should be chosen by the player or randomized. I don't believe it will alter the challenge in any way, it's still VERY hard to live in such a tiny space with no job and making money off of hobby items and gardening.

I've also found that starting out with very little or no money as I have makes this challenge more interesting too. In case someone wants to do that. :)

What do you all think? Has anyone completed the challenge yet? Did you just give up on completing the aspiration or were you able to complete it? Maybe i've overlooked a possibility and i'd like to know. Thanks!

Clarification on furnishing the 5x5 lots that are allowed to be added would be nice too. Also, is it one 5x5 lot per generation or per child? For myself i've decided the new space should be per generation but i'd like to see what the OP has to say about it.

I've already gone ahead and randomized my childs aspiration because i'm also playing this as a legacy and so i've already broken the Big Happy Family rule and technically failed the challenge, but I just wanted you all to know the problem I ran into with it and my suggestion. ^_^
    Post edited by Kit10 on
  • Options
    Kit10 wrote: »

I suggest that the aspirations should be chosen by the player or randomized. I don't believe it will alter the challenge in any way, it's still VERY hard to live in such a tiny space with no job and making money off of hobby items and gardening.

I've also found that starting out with very little or no money as I have makes this challenge more interesting too. In case someone wants to do that. :)

What do you all think? Has anyone completed the challenge yet? Did you just give up on completing the aspiration or were you able to complete it? Maybe i've overlooked a possibility and i'd like to know. Thanks!

I've already gone ahead and randomized my childs aspiration because i'm also playing this as a legacy and so i've already broken the Big Happy Family rule and technically failed the challenge, but I just wanted you all to know the problem I ran into with it and my suggestion. ^_^

I'm doing the challenge, and I am recording it as well. I am on the second generation, where the daughter is soon to be married. I too, started out with little money to make it more interesting, but after 30minutes of gameplay today, they had made over 10.000§ already. I completely forgot about the big happy family aspiration and didn't make a point of completing it, but I will complete the aspiration of her daughter which is the author one.
    My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Options
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    Can the kitchen be outside? Also can I make a room (Inside the 5x5) for a bathroom?!?!??!

I think that for now the rules are as such that when you have a child that has reached YA, and they're living with the parents in the 5x5, you are allowed to move one room outside. I started with a grill outside and a fridge inside, technically not cheating since the grill needs to be outside.
    As for adoption, I would imagine that would be perfectly fine for gay couples! :)

My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Options
    Sara74469 wrote: »

I think that for now the rules are as such that when you have a child that has reached YA, and they're living with the parents in the 5x5, you are allowed to move one room outside. I started with a grill outside and a fridge inside, technically not cheating since the grill needs to be outside.
    As for adoption, I would imagine that would be perfectly fine for gay couples! :)

Okay thanks
  • Options
    @Maddy-the-Poodle Is it OK to get pregnant, but not get married and move a spouse in?
    My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg