Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living Challenge Idea!!

Comments

• SavannahSavannah Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2015
    image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The story of how Meredith came about to want to live in such small quarters <3

This seems like such a fun challenge and I can't wait to see how things will be once there's more people living in the house besides Meredith.

Great idea, Maddy! Thanks for answering questions so quickly too. Btw, I was going to suggest adding the answers to your original post just in case future players might have the same questions too :]
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    A tiny house challenge?! How could I resist! If I'd just had 2 more squares I could've put in a computer. Still I'm pretty happy with what I did with a 5x5 square :smile: I could've fit the bathroom door inside the house but I liked the bed facing the other direction.
    2qxtjxw.png

EDIT: I was looking at my post and I thought "you know what, I could totally fit a computer in there!"
    23ll5hh.png
    Post edited by Shaobun on
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I want to try this after my 100 baby challenge, I shall probably start this using my 100th baby. Oh, you all make very nice looking houses, makes me want to live in a tiny house.
  • HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    I put the house I made up in the gallery, in case anyone wants to use it! I forgot to rename it, so it's still Pebble Burrow, but I used the hashtag #tinyliving and #tinylivingchallenge
    03-08-15_11-03nbspAM_zps2dmyawwk.png

Adonis and Skyler. <3
    Adonis has almost completed the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. I think I'll make him a writer after he does.
    edited March 2015
    Skyler and Easton are now kids. :) (almost said now twins, LOL)

Edit: This is impossible. xD One bed for 4 people. And the twins will not do their homework, no matter how many times I tell them to.
    Post edited by HeyBails on
    Oooh, I had another question! or two.

1. Can the teens get part-time jobs?
    2. (if yes) If I choose to keep them on the same lot with their own 5x5 when they become young adults, do they have to quit that job?
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    God, I can't imagine having twins in such small quarters. Having only one is enough for me, haha!
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    I keep waiting to hear a baby cry and then I remember they grew up. xD
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Hi @HeyBails I wanted to build you a version of your home that could fit another bed. I hope you don't mind, I thought you might like it. No way I could fit an extra 2 beds though lol! So, I put the house on the gallery, it's called 'Bails home' and has #tinyliving & #tinylivingchallenge. I forgot the kitchen bench in my 1st upload so the 2nd is better (if you want it, you don't have to because it can be nice living in the home you built yourself).

zv1to0.png
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
    Oh, thanks @Shaobun ! I might try that out. :)
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I might do this once I finish one of my current challenges!
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • IXIIkrIXIIkr Posts: 36 Member
    Awesome idea! I can't imagine having more than one kid in the house though. Everyone has really nice house designs too. I think if I tried to make a 5x5 it would look pretty rudimentary lol!
    03-17-15_6-32nbspAM_zpsuwh7htw6.png

Adonis completed his Painter Extraordinaire aspiration, so his new one is Bestselling Author. Here he is, working on his first book. :)
    God I love this challenge, but it does get a bit boring after you have the child and you have to wait for the babby to become a YA to start breeding. I have recorded about 10 parts or so on my youtube channel, and I'm just so in love with the whole challenge. People are making such nice houses, it makes mine look like a shed, haha.. And I can't even fit a stove in mine. Oh well, that is a part of the challenge I guess, so there's a lot of grilled fruit for every meal in my household! :smiley:
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
  • MoonSimmerMoonSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Ooo! Really interested in recording/uploading this challenge. Seems really fun and different!
    ea2.jpg
    In the sims, you rule! kinda
    I'm recording this (I still have to render 2 more episodes that are just laying around on my computer), and here's my progress so far!
    I've had a LOT of fun playing this, it's so different and funny and amazing. As I said, I deleted a lot of money to make the challenge harder which made it even more fun :D

Here's my youtube playlist, it only has 9 Tiny Living videos on it now, but I'll upload and play more today as I get the office to myself when my fiancé is at work.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQNtkBbaG2a4DzgtGT2DEBoSfjwe9ce_i&spfreload=10
    My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg
    Hmm.. I think once the twins grow up to be YAs, I'll keep them on the lot and give them each their own 5x5.. the only problem with that would be that they would still count for the number of people on the lot... I guess I'll see.
    edited March 2015
    Although, I do have a question.. Why can't they get jobs?

Also, when you say 3 generations, do you mean the first set of sims has a child, child grows up & gets married and has another child, then that child grows up etc? Or do you just mean that the first set of sims has 3 kids & each has to grow up before the next is born?
    Post edited by HeyBails on
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I was GOING to do this today, but SOMEONE decided that Llama forbid I make any use of the weekend and took over the laptop even though there are 3 computers.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    HeyBails wrote: »
    Although, I do have a question.. Why can't they get jobs?

Also, when you say 3 generations, do you mean the first set of sims has a child, child grows up & gets married and has another child, then that child grows up etc? Or do you just mean that the first set of sims has 3 kids & each has to grow up before the next is born?

I think because jobs are too easy and the challenge wouldn't be as fun to play if they were gone 6-8 hours a day. Besides, you don't really need that much money in such a small house.

I also think the creator meant three generations, as in a legacy. The first couple has a child who grows up and has a child etc.
    My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    HeyBails if you're into custom content and you are allowed to use it in this challenge, I would advise you to get a bunk bed, I saw lifesimmer's video(big fan of her) and there's a custom content bunk bed in which they can use the upper bed to sleep in, would be very useful with you having twins.
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    I'm going to be doing this challenge. I don't know why but it seems like I want to do everything so I have like six different save games so I play a little bit on each one when I can lol But this is going to be fun. I already have her house built and everything and playing her on long lifespan. Thanks for the great idea.