Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sanshi-Suimei - Japanese Collaborative Neighborhood - Help Needed

Comments

• Options
    arasd3313arasd3313 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Thank you, I may go for lot 72. It's bigger but I love fantasy themed things. :D Before I sign up for it though, is there a deadline to finish by?
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited August 2010
    arasd3313,
    there is no real deadline, although we want to get the project finished as soon as possible :) Go ahead and claim the lot, glad you want to join the building :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited September 2010
    I just want to add that I am FINALLY building the lot I signed up for.

85 R 180 Redwood Pkwy 40x30 The Ishii Family Traditional luxury house.

I originally was going to create the Ishii family too, but I wasn't around then and I'm so glad someone picked it up.

I have the shell done and I'm currently landscaping. Hopefully I'll have it done in a week or so. :)
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited September 2010
    The Hyogo Farm #08

Screenshot-1-2.jpg

2300 Pinochle Point; traditional Japanese farmhouse with modest furnishings for widower and his two children: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, small barn with 2 livestock pens, orchard, vegetable and flower garden, koi pond.

Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3048159

Pictures: http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/ab173/Scoiattolo9/Hyogo%20Farm/?albumview=slideshow
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2010
    Anjubee wrote:
    I just want to add that I am FINALLY building the lot I signed up for.

85 R 180 Redwood Pkwy 40x30 The Ishii Family Traditional luxury house.

I originally was going to create the Ishii family too, but I wasn't around then and I'm so glad someone picked it up.

I have the shell done and I'm currently landscaping. Hopefully I'll have it done in a week or so. :)

I'll be excited to see what you do for the Ishii family, they were fun to make - can you cast your eye over them and see if you think its ok being as you were going to make them originally?

I'm thinking about making another lot, given that I enjoyed the last one so much. Put me down for #29 The Geisha House.
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi, Tota.
    I have a little fishing cottage complete. I'd like to remember how to change my screenshot before I upload, but wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten! :oops:

I have the samurai training facility started...but it is MASSIVE. I'll look at it today. I may need to call in reinforcements for decorating. :shock:

Addict
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Anjubee, that sounds great :)

Scoiattolo, your farm looks lovely, I will add it to the list of finished lots.

Leebeejeebee, great, the geisha house should be interesting :)

addict1220, I hear you, I'm doing the imperial castle and it is taking a lot of time, and I haven't started decorating yet :P
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey, everyone is here :D Me too!

Tota, just wanted to say that my 4th Japanese house (for the former princess) is already finished 2 weeks ago. I will upload it wthin the month. Need to take pics but a bit busy right now :)
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited September 2010
    hello, everyone. My modern museum for number 45 is finished. Link can be found on the builders boulevard website.
    Images: http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/adler900/Sanshi museum/
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ADLER900 wrote:
    hello, everyone. My modern museum for number 45 is finished. Link can be found on the builders boulevard website.
    Images: http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/adler900/Sanshi museum/

I love the quirky artwork you created in the museum! :wink: Great job!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Adler, I love the modern style with the oriental touches, great job :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tota, I was going through the list of completed lots yesterday and there were two links that no longer worked. The first was to SimEve's Sushi Chef's House. The link to the lot is also found on her YouTube site, but I've just tried twice to paste it here and TS3 won't let the link show correctly.

The second was to Robb's #56 86 Landgraab Ave - Maison Ikkoku. The link sent me to a page that said the lot was no longer available.

Just thought you'd like to know.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks tota and co! yay, i was really nervous doing it incase it wasn't right for the neighbourhood and ruined it or something! Thankfully, its gotten a warm reception, and if its ok, i may tackle the city museum too, if its still up for grabs and take a whole other natural history/ art gallery take on it!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Scoiattolo, thank you for checking the links, I've already informed Robb and he said that he would re-upload as soon as possible. Regarding SimEve's link, I don't know why it doesn't work, I've repasted the correct link several times without success :(

ADLER900, go ahead and take the city museum too, your idea sounds so interesting :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tota: have it claimed, hoping to get it done within a week (back to school last week, grrrr)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tota, I'd like to create #50, the bookstore. I didn't see anyone else claim it, so I put myself down for it. I hope that was okay! :-)

So here it is:

Gin Risu Shoten

The Silver Squirrel Bookstore and Café

Screenshot-1-3.jpg

Two-story modern building includes bookstore rabbit hole in basement, café, play area for children and rooftop juice bar.

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3074296

Link to pictures: http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/ab173/Scoiattolo9/Gin%20Risu%20Shoten/?albumview=slideshow
  • Options
    LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wll, I started work on the Geisha house and school, but I want to see what you think before I carry on with it. I've got the basic layout down, but here's some pics of the WIP.

Before I put the pics, I just wanted to say that the reason I have laid it out as I have is because when I searched for inspiration, I found that these houses were very private from the outside (I guess because seeing a Geisha costs money!) and they also had internal courtyard gardens. With that in mind, cast your eyes over these and tell me what you think - if it sucks, I'll start again :D

screenshot_original.jpg"height=450""width=600"
    Entry from the road

Fountain in the courtyard garden - I'm planning on this being much more planted!

Ok, this is the downstairs layout, from top left: Food and drink preparation area for clients, Geisha preparation room, toilets for clients. Room in middle is public tea room and performance area. Room to the right is Geisha school room.

The upstairs floor is private accomodation for the family, with four bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, lounge dining and kitchen area.

I've had to make this on a residential lot, so I could get a kitchen in. My main worry is that it might be a bit too flashy - some of the pictures I found were quite plain and inconspicuous...

Meh, its probably fine, but this is going to be such an awesome neighbourhood, I wanna make sure I do it justice...

L :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Everything looks great here!! Superpogimon, everything you have built is flawless!!!
    I have my city museum done, if anyone wants to check it out, heres some pics :
    http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/adler900/Museum of Art and History/

Geisha house is looking good, as are the other lots. Great work everybody!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Scoiattolo, it looks absolutely fabulous, great job :D

Leebeejeebee, you are absolutely right, Japanese in general are very private people and most houses have tall fences around them :) I think the layout with the courtyard looks great. If there is one thing to improve I would say that the color red makes it feel very Chinese, maybe you want to go more to the brown tones.

ADLER900, great work with the museum I love the exhibit rooms, they look fantastic.

Great work everybody, this neighborhood is looking amazing :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Tota.

The builds look lovely so far,
    and I wish if I could help.

I have already built a 60X60 palace, with its gardens and everything,
    but I am not sure if I can have it entered, as it wasn't created for the family.

Here is the link if you would like to see it:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3107249

And a pic:
    Main-9.jpg

If I can't have this entered, I might be able to finish a 30X30 lot, that is a combination of Modern and Traditional Asian style. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    LightSide,
    that is absolutely gorgeous, it could go on the #42 20 Summer Hill Court. Here is the family it would be for, I think it could suit them, what do you think?

I will add it to the list if you agree :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited September 2010
    That sounds perfect Tota.
    I would love to have my lot to be a part of the Imperial Family.

I might be able to put another one.
    I am also working on a 10X10 one,
    but there isn't any lot of this size in sunsetvalley, except if it was placed.

Glad to be able to participate.
    Can't wait to see this neighbor hood in its full glory.

~Light~
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ok, then the castle has been added to the list.

Please feel free to take any of the lots that are available. I'd love to get this neighborhood finished soon :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tota wrote:
    Ok, then the castle has been added to the list.

Please feel free to take any of the lots that are available. I'd love to get this neighborhood finished soon :D

i think ill take the remodelling of the sekomoto family and their house! Im looking for a challenge right now because i have finished my BnS challenge and am waiting for a few results.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Adler,
    go ahead, build as many as you want :)
    Of Kings and Castles