Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Villa Catarina (FINISHED March 10th.)

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,997 Member
    @GlacierSnow , Thank you very much :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    Enjoyed the latest update very much
    Sam does know, doesn’t he?(Oh I see he did figure that out later on) Ah those glasses blocking Tony’s eyes🥹 I’m going to have to go back and do a read over when I get a chance, I have a feeling I missed out clues on who his father is.
    Glad Laura and Lewis are back together, but it all being their fault👀
    Hannah👀😭Busted, everyone in shock afterwards😂
    Good on Helena for finally standing her ground. Wasn’t expecting the info about her health😔 She’s finally doing whats right though
  • Options
    edited March 11
    Chief's Villa, part1

WxWWo2P.png
    Detective visited Chief Hoapili again.
    4EjS0Jz.png
    There was only her grand daughter and their house guest present, and that family friend, Lucas, what was good, he did not wanted any more audience for what he had to say.
    FuZIkqm.png
    "There was a girl hiding in the pantry when the fire did start. It was the quiet part of the house, as the son of the family was not playing the piano at that morning." The Detective started his story.
    bfnqa3T.png
    "She heard a noise, noise what she first thought was someone knocking on the door. She was sure she got caught , but was not. Then, 2 decades later, working at Sand Bar, she hear similar noise, now she knew what caused it."
    YtbrFmM.png
    "Not only similar, I believe she heard the exact same noise."
    frhOd3c.png
    "Those were from pair of really heavy shoes against the wooden floor, what said person later , after noticing the noise, took off, walk to diningroom and lit the fire. "
    l7WQW1T.png
    "The girl game out from the pantry, and fell to those same shoes, hitting her face to broken glass lying on the floor. Just a moment later, that person came back to get the shoes, but did not see the girl leaving. "
    IY7BDA6.png
    "Shoes with certain Selvadoradan stone decorations in heels, why they are so heavy. "

HXMxd6l.png
    "Your shoes, Mrs Mahi'ai."

whRHd8W.png
    After a small silence, the Detective asked Helena, why did she lit the fire? "Are you going to tell us, or shall I?"

gQ4qUye.png
    "That's ridiculous, she was not even inside of that house!! " Keala exclaims.

wOgNakj.png
    "Yes she was!" Lia exclaimed. "Laki told us you dropped him there!"

mnxQQ3G.png
    "Shut up silly girl, you weren't there!!!" Keala yelled to Lia .

09DNusm.png
    "Shut up!" Helena exclaims. "Both of you!"

cqgd7o5.png
    "Detective, continue, please." She asked

YwOuvmP.png
    "Thank you, madam. "

cAOZWbN.png
    "You knew Catarina for all your life, from Selvadorada. But your friendship was going downhill. "

JFgujdZ.png
    "For several occasions you saw how your husband was flirting with her. You were happy to hear her relatives arranged her marriage with older Sulanian man.."

GfvSleJ.png
    "But then your husband wanted to move to Sulani too, he said there were better schools for your teenage son, Laki's father."

zsip2Br.png
    "For some time, things were fine, you avoided Catarina and formed a friendship with Mrs Hoapili."

KOYFKCb.png
    "That morning, your husband and son and daughter in law had already left for a weekend trip. You decided to have a chat with Catarina about the past, dropped your grandson to the Villa asked their daughter to play with him. "

gl3k1Bq.png
    "But you found out your husband was there! You overheard them arguing about Anthony, her eldest son. And you heard your husband exclaiming angrily "He is my son too!""

uluFtT1.png
    "You don't know what to think, you grab your grandson and go home. You call your husband who claims to be in mainland already. "

EoUrn9M.png
    "You are angry, and are losing your calm self, you returned to the Villa."

pc6tpML.png
    "You see the butler having his own... hobbies, and have to wait a bit."

Kn9fQOm.png
    "You got inside to the Villa and lit the fire."

JX8Ojdw.png
    "What did spread fast."
    x17oZ4U.png

Chief's Villa, part2

ruoddKD.png
    Long silence.
    akgHEvE.png
    Helena got up, and was slowly walking out of the room.

Ytv8fdp.png
    "I am tired, need to rest now." She whispered.

xd3rcEb.png
    Lia was getting up to stop her.

uSyXuDm.png
    "No! let her go, Lia!" Keala stopped her.

Sg7nmhM.png
    "But grandma, what we just heard.. she has to..." Lia tried.

wcOub3n.png
    "It can wait.. it has been waiting for decades, I think it can wait one more night." Detective said.

MYX0fIQ.png
    "Thank you." Keala muttered. "Please , Detective, sit down."

Keala started telling what really happened that day.
    whIDnbU.png
    "I saw her coming from the villa, in panic. I first thought something had happened to her grandson, Laki. But she had picked up him earlier."
    r7xCiZk.png
    "She told me what she had done, and asked me to help her. "
    vwgOkmH.png
    "I could not believe her.. I shouted at her... but in the end I did promise to help her."
    ZkGGjKt.png
    "Fire was already bigger by then what I had understood, I was genuinely scared and panicking when I met that teen, Samuel, in the hallway from kitchen."

LBqY5Uw.png
    "Is this why you brought her here now?" The Detective asked.
    8XHxrXB.png
    "No, it was for different thing totally." Keala told him. " My dear late husband was a great man.... but hopeless when it came to financial issues."
    4RSj51g.png
    "Thing is, I cannot afford this house anymore." Keala exclaimed. "Elementals showed no mercy, I and Lia would have to leave everything behind. Only if Lia would marry future Chief, they would let us stay."
    btEbWKx.png
    "I asked Helena to help me, as she said she will pay me back.. In a way, I saved her life back then." Keala continued her story. "Catarina herself, parents of the guest family... died in flames.. chief himself a bit later.. she could of not survived in prison."
    oIv6gAt.png
    "Oh Grandma, why didn't you ever said anything? We will figure out something!" Lia asked.
    9rWhjUR.png
    "I do all I can for help too." Lucas said.
    3QcXqWe.png

dmiGKqX.png
    It was calm night, only things what could be heard were Helena's heavy breathing while she slept and gentle sound of the waves of the ocean down the hill.
    Qw81kNQ.png

Then it was silent. Only the distant sounds of the jungle was there. No wind. No breathing. No waves. Nothing.
    19Sjwr4.png

At the balcony of Villa Catarina, someone was looking at the ocean.
    lJlSgP8.png

"Now I can go and rest..." she whispered. "Helena, we have lots to talk about."
    PexKMcU.png

She turned around , walked inside and slowly vanished.
    XysdAcZ.png

Only sound was wind blowing , from walls of an old , broken house.

Villa Catarina , 4 weeks later

woYYiHK.png

Sam and Erin were at vacation, Sam wanted to show the house.
    dt54wqk.png
    "Kids sure okay where we left them??" Erin asked.

npUwp2P.png
    "Oh totally! I can trust my life to his hands. " Sam told her. "Lucas is as steady as a rock!"

QqCLozF.png
    "This don't look so scary place you said, just old and broken."

SODsD8s.png
    "It does feel different, I cannot tell what it is.. but standing here now, it feels.. just an old house, nothing more." Sam agreed. "I heard Laki and his fiancee are renovating this place and going to move in. Good idea!"

hOlPXuw.png
    " ... why not we buy a vacation house near somewhere?? " he asked Erin half joking... just a half.

kSlgiMF.png
    "Finally all ghost can rest in peace." he thought when he one more time turned around, and imagined the place in it's past glory.

dv7I3nC.png
    "Finally.." he mutters smiling when they walk away..

Selvadorada, 70/200 years earlier

txLZF1G.png

WRDeMUY.png
    70 years earlier, in a small cabin at Puerto Llamante.

Ut72N2Q.png
    "Did you hear something? " Lewis asked Laura.

w8GM3Z2.png
    "Umm no, but.."

ainXqRb.png
    "Laulaaaaa!!!!!" Exclaimed bright voice of a little girl behind the door.

4Db3SYr.png
    "Oh, Little Catarina ! " Laura took the little girl to her arms.

7e5WI3u.png
    Lewis smiled. "She escaped again? "

cAVY0Vb.png
    "Oh yes, they asked can we adopt her, Lewis." Laura said. "I did not know what to say.. "

kAAWnlq.png
    "Oh we cannot have her, our life is too dangerous for this sweet little girl." Lewis replied. She will be just fine with her aunts."

pcTYsKo.png
    "LOWING TLEE, Laula!!!!" Catarina exclaimed happily."Wantto see lowing tlee!!!"

wk41Nf7.png
    "Lowing.. oh you mean glowing tree." Laura smiled. "Just fosfor from the mines, not a big deal"

mtFp9VS.png
    "Actually Laura, fosfor does not..." Lewis started, but was silenced by her wife's eyes.

KNnWfQB.png
    "Now little one, we take you home." Laura smiled to Catarina and they left.

2t7vPYS.png
    "Hey, I made the cocktail-trick!" he exclaimed. "I thought it would take another eternity!"

gdXuXGK.png

El Árbol del Jaguar, 200 years earlier.

DWSi3cE.png
    "Steady! NOW! " BUFFF!!!!

L6b8fld.png
    "Oh, what is all this Lewis? " Laura asked.

unVbAlI.png
    "It's called photograph.. new way of painting, I think." Lewis replied.

DDk86bo.png
    "Ugh, what's wrong with normal painting?" she continued. "Faster and nicer... and why us? It's my parents who bought the house and donated to museum, not us!"

dlTNzM8.png
    "We look so amazing together, of course!" Lewis laughed.

nccbDQF.png
    "Silly!" Laura chuckled and kissed him. "But at least when moving here I don't have to wear these silly hats anymore! And I can wear trousers!"
    "Hey hey, not trousers..."

Selvadorada, present day/ San Myshuno

CTb4boe.png
    Small family was having a vacation.

e3xliMX.png
    They asked from Cantina , El Árbol del Jaguar, an advice about local sightseeings.

B60hPVY.png
    "The Museum, of course." The bartender replied. "My wife here is a tour guide, she can show the way."

OehsCp9.png
    "Thank you!" The man said. "We would love that."

ffB0dua.png
    "I don't want to go in museum!!!!" child of the family argued. "I want to swim!!!"

UlZmL8m.png
    "EWWW, bugs!!!!!" She exclaimed. "I want to go to hotel!!"

RQQ7ihp.png
    "Just this one place left, then you can go swimming in hotel pool, and I buy a big ice cream... now be a good girl."

4PFvn4u.png

Z4Houby.png

In his office at San Myshuno, The Detective was looking at the briefcase Lewis gave him. It had inside all the material , old Chief had blackmailed them. All the old photos, fake birth certificates,all what would they need when thinking a new story to cover the fact they never age.
    He had always thought vampires to be characters in stories and legends, movie material, not real.
    bD4XTdW.png
    He was not sure what to do with it. He had no intentions to show it to anyone , but it might be too dangerous to keep it, it could always end up to wrong hands.

1YAaoVs.png
    "Sandra?"

plRzPDr.png
    "Yes, sir? " his secretary asked.

AlLtCd2.png
    "You know I still have some vacation left. I was thinking of Granite Falls." The Detective said. "Those cabins have fireplaces, right."

TEjjeBD.png
    "Yes I think so..."

0pUttgh.png
    "Book it, now." he said. "I have old stuff to burn."

NOTES:
    Tony's face:
    Main reason to hide it was, that his eyes and mouth are almost identical to Laki :) I used long hair, beard and scars, and his other parts of his face are different, but it was still there. Maybe only clear to me, because I knew it :)

But then people keep mentioning over and over again about not still seeing his face, it became a challenge to myself :P How many ways can I hide it???? Loved that :smiley:

Occults:
    I never did hide I have sort of occult elements in this. OP has ghost Catarina in the balcony IN the pic :p And it's Sulani, elementals belong to it :)
    However, I did not want this to be actual occult story. Why I only showed the occult part if needed for the storyline. Catarina, Coraline, now Lewis and Laura (I hinted so many occasions about them being vampires, but I was happy to see my hints were (maybe) subtle enough) .

Milla is a spellcaster, both Laki and his little brother are merfolks too. The Detective's secretary was a townie I took for the role... in CAS I realised she is an alien.

<3 Thank yous <3 :
    I am not thanking anyone by name, as then I would not like to put anything in any order, and I would be scared for forgetting someone :)
    So, not making an oscar speech here (Tom Hanks, sorry) , Thank you all for giving me the courage to post this, thank you for reading, thank you for comments I got, thank you to someone for listening me hours and hours babbling about this, before it was a story.. Aso thank you for any sims and lots I used.
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,665 Member
    @Ellupelluellu, fantastic.
    That was a wonderful story and a fascinating mystery. I enjoyed every chapter.

Thank you so much for sharing. If you find yourself so inspired, I would love to read another of your stories. If you find yourself so inspired.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,944 Member
    @Ellupelluellu That was an epic finish to a magnificent story!
    Right from the start you had me with one shocking reveal after another. I was right up to a point about Helena and Keala, but I had the roles reversed. I love the way you brought closure to the story, and redemption to the villa by the release of Helena's spirit. And in the last chapter or the one before it where she said her time was up, I thought it was an illness not that the truth coming out would mean the island elements coming to collect what was owed for the crimes.

As someone who's set up elaborate scenes I can appreciate the staggering amount of work it took to set those scenes up. You are a phenomenal storyteller and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.❤️
  • Options
    Wow
    That was, wow. I honestly thought it was Lia's grandmother not, Helena. But thinking back on it, it does point to her.
    I wondered why Lewis and Laura looked like they hardly ever aged but vampires didn't cross my mind.(I thought occults had a much smaller role in the story) The photograph at the end reminded me of the ending scene from The Shining. Well done.
    Rip Helena, and now Catarina may rest in peace.
    Sad it's over but it was so fun to read! Thank you for sharing this story with us 👏 Gonna miss the ways you hid Tony's face😆
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    @Ellupelluellu 👏
    So sad it's over, but I finally know the mystery. Not what I expected at all lol. Great job, and a happy ending too. Though I do feel bad for Helena, but she did the right thing in the end. So shocked about Laura and Lewis being vampires. Love it though. ☺️
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,964 Member
    @Ellupelluellu I really don't know what to say.
    I actually shed a tear. Seriously. Sad that it has come to an end. So proud of you for writing some a wonderfully captivating story.

All my guesses were wrong. And that's the mark of a true storyteller. I never figured it out.

RIP Helena. :(
    I'm going to start again from the beginning and see if I can pick up all the hints.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 377 Member
    @Ellupelluellu amazing story please share another in the new forums or on a blog
    <3 loved everything
    and was totally wrong about who started the fire
    Love how you had all but the werewolves involved somehow in the story without showing that they were except for Catarina
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    Wow! Thank you for sharing this story. I hope you will share some new stories in the future. You are a fantastic writer.

I was wondering who the Detective saw in the photos in Selvadorada. I actually figured the subject of the photo was a vampire, since the implication was that it was a very old photo showing a modern day person the detective had met, but for some reason I never made the connection to Lewis or Laura. Not sure why. But the reveal totally fits.

There were other mini-mystery elements that were developed and revealed throughout the story (such as who was related to who and so forth) that I did actually figure out before they were officially confirmed in the narrative. You did a great job of laying out clues for those kinds of things.

I wasn't quick enough to realize that Helena was the one to start the fire though. You had me guessing up to the end on that.

I really enjoyed this story. Your characters are all a delight to spend time with, and the tangled drama of the plot was a lot of fun to read. Your screenshots are beautiful as well. I hope you keep writing! I look forward to reading something new you put out if you do.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    edited March 11
    @luciusstorm ,
    Thank you very much :) If I ever get an idea I may try again :) But it all need to be planned ready, till the last part, before I can even start :)
    I had to improvise a bit in here , I got ideas or game gave me gifts, but I was happy I could keep main plot like i planned :)

@DaniRose2143 ,
    Thank you very much :) I tried in purpose to make it look like Keala is the one who caused the fire :) I know pretty much everyone were ready to blame Helena , why I had these other secrets (Sam's for example) , Helena's change of heart, to try to lead focus away from her.
    Aww, thank you <3 If I get a good idea, maybe sometimes :)

@BlueSeaWaves ,
    Thank you very much, for earlier comments too :) I had my draft here and did not want to mess with this episode, why I could not reply :) tho I have said it before.
    Yes, I did not show the occult stage if not needed :) In case Lewis and Laura, I always knew I have to in last chapter, so I did give small hints in several places :p
    Haha, I never watched The Shining well :) Only parts... combination of Jack Nicholson-Stanley Kubrick-Stephen King is not for me :D Johnny shall stay away from my game, and not meaning Zest :p
    Btw, I still haven't shown his face :D

@Belalucina ,
    Thank you very much :) I tried very much at first to make Helena be almost too obviously the one who "did it" , and then the total opposite :p I'm happy Laura and Lewis surprised :)

@simgirl1010 ,
    Aww, sweet <3 Thank you very much :)
    Maybe it's easier to see my little clues if re-reading, now you know what to look for :)

@ZazzyKittyn ,
    Thank you very much :) Yes I tried to keep the occult part at minimum, sometimes they were close to reveal themself :) Why I hope I removed all the mirrors :D Random hissing occurred often too :) In few times I had to temporarily cheat some them back to normal sims, to get the pic I wanted.

@GlacierSnow ,
    Thank you very much :)
    Yes, I had the fake pic idea there to throw away thoughts about vampires, as I was afraid it would be too easy for the exact reasons you mentioned :)
    Mini mysteries were mostly side ideas I got to make this a bit longer :) If my original plan would of happened this would of ended earlier :)
    Thank you again for your sweet words :) Like I have said if I come up with a storyline good enough I may sometimes try it again :) now it's my Vacation too, I may join my Detective :smiley:

TINY EXTRA

I realised I STILL haven't shown Tony's face... here we go:
    azmLCyn.png
    Sorry! My hand slipped and mouse moved the picture area too low. Again.
    RvQBORf.png
    I swear I did not touch the mouse! screen moved by itself when I pressed C :/

r1t24Sy.png
    Now! Oh my , they already turned around. Not my day.

N9hnJld.png
    Bit rude..
    SHHHH! Some things are meant to be a mystery forever ;)

Rest:
    JR4w2sG.png

x42htDm.png

38fe7yo.png

PyD7tnl.png

And.....

5WUTsWx.png

• Options
    It’s better this. Not every mystery needs to be explained.❤️
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member

Well well Hanna and Mr. Face! I don’t think sims grow bumps like that from shooting pictures alone. The mystery deepens…🤔

Seriously though, wowzers, I’ve been quietly following along and what a great story and what a great ending! Bravo! This is truly impressive @Ellupelluellu!
    🎵Midnight, with the Stars and Youuu…🎶. Oh Yeah, I agree with BlueSeaWaves, that’s a “Shining” moment right there. When I noticed the pictures on the museum wall for the first time, I figured there must be something supernatural going on, like really really old People, ha! 🧛🏼‍♂️🧛🏼‍♀️I love it!

And Helena? Poor woman. You had me guessing until the end. Heartbreaking. What a sad and beautiful ending. ❤️

Thank you for sharing this wonderful whodunnit mystery with us! That must have been quite the journey for you, and I hope you remain inspired enough to share more of your stories on the new forum! Well done, well done! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

*Gives Standing Ovation!!*
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    What a tease :D I thought for sure we'd see his face this time. Haha. Love the pictures. 😍
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Haha can’t blame you 😆I never finished The Shining completely, I watched half of it and got scared for months. Only watched the ending on YouTube, too scary. But loved how the story reminded me of it.
    Aww Hanna’s pregnant ☺️ I knew when I read her bio, she thought there was no love for her, she would find someone. And it’s Tony ❤️ Very fitting his face is still hidden 😆 Great looks into everyone’s happy ending ☺️ Even for Grandma Koala
    👏
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    @Ellupelluellu That was epic. Great job!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Loved it!
    Loved it!
    Loved it!!!!
    <3
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 , true <3

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Well well Hanna and Mr. Face! I don’t think sims grow bumps like that from shooting pictures alone.
    You never know :p Remember sims pull a mop out of their bum anytime, all is possible, right? :smiley:
    Thank you very much :) I'm glad I managed to keep you guessing. B)o:)o:)o:)

Thank you for the actual Villa itself <3 I did not want to rush you and did the non-broken version myself :)

@Belalucina ,
    hahaa, sorry :p Somehow the camera refused to stay in good position to capture his face o:)

@BlueSeaWaves ,
    Yes it is scary!!! :smiley:
    Yes , I will show the lil girl she is having later in other thread or in here :smiley:

@GalacticGal , Thank you very much :)
    @mightysprite , Aww thank you <3

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    Remember sims pull a mop out of their bum anytime, all is possible, right?
    The only reason I play the sims is so that I can watch them do that. 😝
    Thank you for the actual Villa itself <3 I did not want to rush you and did the non-broken version myself :)

My pleasure, my pleasure. ❤️ Your non-abandoned version is much better, I always end up making everything look shoddy and dilapidated anyway, ha!

• Options
    3cnQSFL.png
    There was time for celebrations. I'll start from Villa Vigna.
    et0nd5b.png
    Little Diana was borned some time ago, and now was her toddler birthday!

cCbrYNG.png
    "Really, you are great with piano, but you're not a singer, dear."

3OF5lsN.png
    Diana thought daddy was a great singer!

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Diana looks so much like Hannah.❤️ It's wonderful to see little glimpses of the characters lives afterwards.
  • Options
    Yay a mini update 😁
    Aww Diana's adorable ☺️ Happy to see their all well and happy, hehe maybe stick to the piano Tony 😆
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 , @BlueSeaWaves Thank you <3
    I was debating should I post these here or only in what happened thread :) But does not hurt to post here too :)

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    I love it! :heart:

Diana is adorable. And wow, that family photographer is just terrible, always cutting her dad out of the picture like that. :tongue::wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow , I know, right :p They should hire a new one :D