Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 55 Member
    Does anyone else get a bit too attached to some of their sims? πŸ˜‰

I’m properly gutted Kanye is gone because I’d been playing him since he was a teenager. Right through 2 wives, 3 kids, 3 grandchildren and 2 careers. Makes me want to turn aging off for good.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,035 Member
    @WattTheNag I'm attached to like a dozen of them. Like I almost think of them as my little pixelated kids. I'm so attached I play with aging off, emotional deaths modded out and all of my played households opted out of Neighborhood Stories. God forbid something should still happen to one of them I don't care how much game play I have to throw away I'm exiting without saving. I couldn't bear the thought of one of them dying.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 708 Member
    @wattthenag all of my "Story" sims are immortal for strategic literary purposes. I have a generation instance going and in that game aging is on and the universe unravels as it will in an "It's the circle of life Zimba" sort of way.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐢Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, πŸ˜‘Loner
    My Stories: πŸ€·πŸ»πŸ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | πŸŒƒDark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    @LeucosiaX Thank you so much for the kind wordsπŸ™‚ Londyn’s name was a happy accident. I clicked the random button and that one came up first and I knew immediately it was perfect for her.

That bug came up first while you were in build/buy? You’re on a Mac if my memory is correct, try playing with Origin in offline mode. I had no end of weird stuff happening in my game when Origin is online. Once I took it offline all of it stopped.

I love the earrings!πŸ˜ƒ
    @DaniRose2143
    the game does a great job with names. I like how a lot of them are not exactly typical or a variation of a familiar name. I made a sim of an old best friend and when I clicked random, it chose a name similar but not the same, which is what I prefer, always.

The loading screens have me feel like so bored, i have been online trying to do other stuff. I might try it again offline but now I am on a save before I added more residential lots, which was when they last updated. I will troubleshoot this for a bit more before starting to cry.
    I am also trying to save all mu progress in a way that if I back up nothing was lost.
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Let's see what happened since my update this morning.

Londyn got into the Tofu Pad Thai again...

dluf3NU.png
    y0J5iSX.png
    zvl6gSM.png

She crafted another item for her Nzuri Collection. A mystical necklace, utranium with diamond...

15VEPB9.png

She had another acting gig.
    GnDjQPw.png
    FXofdjp.png

She arrived home afterwards to a kiss from Danielle...
    L1Wikd1.png

...and news that she'd been nominated for another Starlight Accolade!...

Xqqgq3r.png

"Babe, I think we're going to need a bigger trophy case"

vKJ49GW.png
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,683 Member
    @DaniRose2143, I'll remember this if Gwen and Cassie ever have Londyn and Danielle over for dinner. πŸ™‚

Cassie just has her first two Accolades on the mantle. The rest are probably in storage. :D
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX Thank you so much for the kind wordsπŸ™‚ Londyn’s name was a happy accident. I clicked the random button and that one came up first and I knew immediately it was perfect for her.

That bug came up first while you were in build/buy? You’re on a Mac if my memory is correct, try playing with Origin in offline mode. I had no end of weird stuff happening in my game when Origin is online. Once I took it offline all of it stopped.

I love the earrings!πŸ˜ƒ
    @DaniRose2143
    the game does a great job with names. I like how a lot of them are not exactly typical or a variation of a familiar name. I made a sim of an old best friend and when I clicked random, it chose a name similar but not the same, which is what I prefer, always.

The loading screens have me feel like so bored, i have been online trying to do other stuff. I might try it again offline but now I am on a save before I added more residential lots, which was when they last updated. I will troubleshoot this for a bit more before starting to cry.
    I am also trying to save all mu progress in a way that if I back up nothing was lost.

I can sympathize with you about insane loading screens. Mine is because of my enormous mods folder. How many gigs is your mods folder? I hope you can get it sorted out quickly without losing anything at all. I've got my fingers crossed for good luck!πŸ™‚
  • Options
    edited March 4
    @luciusstorm I should amend the caption on the last picture.

"Babe, we need a trophy case"

CdjgxCh.png

They've each won two and there's only room for one more. I've looked all through my bb catalog and every display case I have is too small for the trophy. It clips into the shelf above it. I don't know how anybody displays their sims Accolades trophies. Shelves I guess, but with all those windows there isn't many places for shelves.πŸ˜›

• Options
    tggeU4F.png
    just about to resort to a save before 14th when I was prompted to update. anyone else get this?
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,810 Member

Thank you so much @LeucosiaX for the compliments (blush B) ) and no I do not use Tool and yes I use Debug all the time, I put in all the build cheats as soon as I start building except for money as my builder Sim has loads and she has level 10 of most skills so she is perfect for testing some things. I always build with a Sim because most of the time I do not like yellow lighting especially when doing a house with white ;) I will let you know when its uploaded it will be today. Thanks again for your kind words x
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,075 Member
    @Caerfinon , cannot wait to see the outcome of the boys night out :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I needed to get some shots of Allegra and Venessa for their first meeting so that was my morning simming session focus. I have to reshoot their going out after the awards show because most of the shots I took I was too focused on getting teasers to post here so I framed them to keep Venessa out of most of them.😊 Oops. That won't take long and then I'll have, or I should have, all the shots I need for another chapter this week.

FJab0Uv.png
    5Ls4826.png
    enIQwil.png
    BJlc0yh.png
  • Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 55 Member
    @WattTheNag I'm attached to like a dozen of them. Like I almost think of them as my little pixelated kids. I'm so attached I play with aging off, emotional deaths modded out and all of my played households opted out of Neighborhood Stories. God forbid something should still happen to one of them I don't care how much game play I have to throw away I'm exiting without saving. I couldn't bear the thought of one of them dying.
    @wattthenag all of my "Story" sims are immortal for strategic literary purposes. I have a generation instance going and in that game aging is on and the universe unravels as it will in an "It's the circle of life Zimba" sort of way.

I think going forward I’ll probably have ageing off and age them up manually when the story suits because I am very attached to the Jawara dynasty now and have lots of plans.

Obviously Liberty and Rebecca are now career building. Rebecca’s doing excellent as an attorney so far (level 9 within a few months of graduation - what a legend πŸ˜‰). And I think Liberty deserves a career now she’s spent all these years raising such a great daughter.

Over on the PS4 I have a big veterinary empire planned for Florence and Craig so they won’t be bothering with University. Likewise for Cleo since she’s a very successful athlete already. So Roma will probably be the next academic in that household but she’s just baby so we’ll see how she develops πŸ˜‰

Paris and Hector I have some plans for as somewhat of a power couple. I’m interested to see where things go with their toddler Prince though - musician maybe given the name? Time will tell.

• Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 224 Member
    edited March 4
    TT update
    Jesminder's like a volcano about to erupt. She doesn't trust Claudia or Arun as far as she can throw them, and let me tell you, that ain't far. These two are at it again, like clockwork, bickering in the hallway. Claudia tries to play peacemaker, but it's like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Jesminder storms in, ready to tear Claudia a new one, and she finds her in Mason's room. Tommy hearing the commotion, swoops in to save the day, but Jesminder's on a roll, ranting to Tommy about betrayal and all that drama. And guess what? Tommy, bless his soul, defends Claudia, saying it's all just harmless fun. Oh, the irony!

Jesminder's so worked up she decides to plant one on Tommy! Talk about a plot twist! Tommy's left speechless and makes a run for it, leaving Jesminder and her whirlwind of emotions behind. And Claudia? Well, she's vanished into thin air, all the commotion upset Mason, so she thought a walk would calm him... and herself too.
    NMqWx22.png

Idk if I should call it Terrible Tommy anymore as it is growing into so much more than that even though he is still the center. I'll have to think of a proper name!
    Pretty sure you're the one causing drama Jesminder!

28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    edited March 4
    @DaniRose2143
    Yes I have commissions I'm working on! But you're right that's exactly it. She's lonely and Arun is friendly. You'd think she'd pick another dish. must love the spicy poops :D. Love seeing Londyn and Danielle living their best life! That necklace is gorgeous.

@LeucosiaX
    This terrifies me. I do a lot of building for "For Rent" and outside of testing I haven't played in one and this makes me nervous itll ruin my save! I also love crystals and sleep with emerald and scolecite in my pillow. And carry citrine and pyrite with me at all times to cleanse negative energy!

@mightysprite
    You go Em gotta kiss some toads before finding The right one!

@WattTheNag
    me but I accept it as part of life lol. I never feel as bad when they've had a full life its the ones that get bumped off early that really sadden me as I play realish stakes so no pleading to grim here!
    Post edited by manicpot8to on
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    I havent really played for with For Rent though @manicpot8to. Not really. I set up the homes, but everything is fine with those apartments. It's affecting this particular sim. If I move her out of the house it loads just fine. Everything does work quickly only not this sim. Only other thing I can think of was she had the romantic gift mod gift given to her which wa s a form of jewerly. She is the only one. I tried to go to a save prior to that and it is still a loading issue. I am trying to uninstall crystal creations to see if that jewerly mod with crystal creations is it but does anyone know how to uninstall crystal creations pack only?
  • Options
    edited March 4
    https://imgur.com/efrlWfD
    What is looks like in game, sim is invisible but glowing. the audio gets muffled like deep underwater, and the gameplay is very slow and laggy and choppy. They have never lived in a rental or owned one. She did make her own jewelry and wore it last I saw her before this glitch happened.

• Options
    @LeucosiaX Not to my knowledge. You'd have to uninstall the game and then remove stuff from the queue but from what I've read that's not always reliable. There is a way to disable the pack but I've never done it so I have no idea if it works or how it affects the game. you can take a look at this article for more info! https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Hope you get it sorted!
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    @manicpot8to Londyn says thank you girl!πŸ™‚ She’s really getting good at making jewelry and she’s about ready to start advertising her Nzuri Collection of handcrafted jewelry. Danielle’s catching up with her gemology skills so she can help her. They are living their best lives and it’s all because they have each other.❀️
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    @ChuChuExpress
    What a nice cove in Tomarang! I admit, once again, I really have not explored that world at all. Nor, has any of my Sims moonbathed. (Another thing on the 'list' I must accomplish.)
    I'm guessing the Princess finds knitting a rather soothing experience. Or he has a goal in mind, too. :)
    Lots of fun with this update.

I'm off the road for the next few days (not many). Haven't even opened up my gaming notebook in days. Had 1K emails awaiting me. OOFFDDAA. Culled the ones I didn't need to read and still have over 300. Yikes, I really want a moment to play my game!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited March 4
    @GalacticGal,
    Thank you! Yep, Princess Roddy finds knitting quite soothing.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Today at the Home by the Sea

baeec211aa0eb5c0f99b5db28040e318289c168e.jpg
    9ad33ea16a565e6b10f5c1de0a09341de5e2fe44.pnj

After dinner, Jack went to care for the horses and the goats and Ji Ho cleaned up the kitchen.

Vlad arrived to charge the bond. He felt that Ji Ho is not doing so well and so he came a bit earlier than usual, as Jack had suggested.

But then Jack found out about the Mud Fight and challenged him ^^'
    Because things like this keep Jack 'sane' ^^
    (and cheer up the others in dark times like these).
    897f585f4bfcc5fd2181538800f1cac7611d129d.jpg
    366f86092e663f554dcab423927e0646396e9a63.jpg
    πŸ‘‡ more than 10 pics and a song below the spoiler ⚠️
    Watch out Jack!
    32e69bedd6a11225e8c2a2d19f9b22793c7cb405.jpg

Oh no!
    d9c14c8f020d6156d6818d3d3e5b5bf2bb7d7e20.jpg

Vlad is never as carefree as when he is with Jack :3
    3075d1bc7aa3345d8cc6253b39f2a9ece55f69cc.jpg

And that's when Ji Ho came down to see what they are up to ^^'
    e8610465e3a68dfcafa0d495bc207861c43e85fa.jpg

Haha Ji Ho barely get's to see Vlad like this. In fact he's always been a little afaid of Vlad because he's so grumpy and earnest most of the time.
    2ea577e58f363daf0941f4bf9b9344372a366085.jpg

Is that really the Vlad he knows?
    04b6036df2f4f39ed029a09d6e82fbbca17266cb.jpg

And then Vlad noticed Ji Ho...
    66e8767e938a809b448703a1b8ba543de33d6978.jpg
    021dbaec6b5ed8ad304e27fdc3ba844ff66b3e81.jpg

They quickly charged the Bond and Vlad left.
    (omg Vlad and his foolish pride! I think Ji Ho just made a huge step forward to learning how to love Vlad and the man himself just runs away because he's embarrassed...)

There are three bedrooms in the beach house but Ji Ho, Jack and Saiwa share the big bedroom on the first floor so no one has to sleep alone.
    a06a9c3be254919ecf85574ee8ee00785edf7f8d.jpg

The sound of the rain put Sai to sleep right away. Ji Ho and Jack decided to let him sleep as much as he can.
    At least he doesn't drown in his gloomy thoughts when he sleeps. They can't help him anyway right now.

Jack: "You don't get to see Vlad like this often, hm? But he can be really funny and merry. He'd been like this more often before..."
    Ji Ho: "Before he met me and things went downhill after he saved me and died for me?"
    Jack: "You know all this wasn't your fault. I just want to say: try to see this side of him too. You can find no better man."
    Ji Ho: "I will."
    cd59396488ba8c4d4e40c33104a163561fd2394b.jpg

Jack: "Let's sleep. It was a long day."
    They don't even have to assign the room with the best view on the river to Ji Ho because Jeb, Vlad and Kiyoshi built this house so that every room has a view on the River πŸ’ž
    3016b6fded3a1cf7d521b99601e04a4bbc6c714e.jpg

TMI: I love to fall asleep with rain noise. I even have an app for this. It's called mynoise.

'But there's one thing I know
    The blues they send to meet me
    Won't defeat me, it won't be long
    Till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep falling on my head
    But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red
    Crying's not for me
    'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining
    Because I'm free
    Nothing's worrying me

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me'

Raindrops keep falling on my head - B.J. Thomas
    πŸ‘†
    Story Thread with this Episode πŸ‘‰ here at the forum.

And in the Boys' first year together, we finished the 'First Week at Belgraves' Chapter,
    Noxee her loop and Ji Ho Vlad, as it seems ΓΆ.Γ–'
    All new Episodes πŸ‘‰ here at the forum.
    353ac3ac56f7c5e775a182e0adece74dd7ef186d.jpg
    f5c7693645d7706ce89877a6286940954e6b785a.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    I had to crazy idea to try and catch up before the forums go down, and I don’t think that’s going to be possible now. 😭 So many amazing things getting updated here! I promise guys, once the new forums are up, I’m going to binge on all the updates! Make it into a party for the day or something!

I’ll still see how much I can catch up on if I can figure out which page I left off at.

You are not alone. I'm hopelessly behind, too. Been on the road, and will be again come this weekend :open_mouth: Still ploughing through the myriad of emails, and that's after I culled what I didn't wish to read.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX, I'm guessing that would be the update to fix the things caused by yesterday's update. :)

How many updates has there been? I only just became aware of this one. Updated my game. Have no clue what it entails.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top