Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you enjoy viewing other players' screenshots and stories?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    In a related branch of this conversation, I love reading the more fully developed "SimLit" stories, where I'm following it chapter by chapter and getting really involved in the characters and plot. I've found several of these stories I have really enjoyed because the people creating them are genuinely telling a great story.

When I'm browsing the "what happened" type threads, I'm mostly enjoying the screenshots and the shorter type context/joke comments. But when I'm reading SimLit I'm hooked, just as I would be with a good novel, movie, or TV show.

I also like to share some of my screenshots and short comments about things that happen in my games, because it's fun to enthuse about stuff with other people who understand the game. None of my real-world family, friends, or coworkers play Sims 4. So, when I want to be excited about something that happened in my sims game, there really isn't anyone else to be excited with other than other players on the forum.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    For inspiration, especially if I'm getting bored with my game. Seeing other players' stuff always makes me want to play.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    In the What Happened... threads I enjoy the humor, the screenshots, and seeing how other simmers' minds work. It's easier to get into or follow a story about the premades at first because I know who they are, but if someone posts about the same family or group of families for a while I enjoy getting to know them too and seeing their stories progress. I'm not totally into the story format, so I don't spend a lot of time in the creative corner unless I'm following sims that were posted about in one of the General Discussion threads. I like the threads best when they have a mix of short and long stories, people posting builds or makeovers, and lots of screenshots.
    My favorite way to play is to document everything with screenshots, even when I'm not going to post them, so it's not surprising that I like looking at them too.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    Daephene wrote: Β»
    My favorite way to play is to document everything with screenshots, even when I'm not going to post them, so it's not surprising that I like looking at them too.

Yup! Same! :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    I hope our longer-form storytellers on here won't feel bashful about continuing to share their stories whether in the What Happened... threads or in the story section threads, as a result of some of the comments here. I really enjoy reading your work.

As for people who don't enjoy reading or writing longer-form stories, that's cool, you don't have to read the What Happened... threads or the story section. I don't spend time reading sections of the forum that I'm not interested in either. That's the nice thing about a well moderated forum, you mostly know where you can find things that will entertain you and others, without having to wade through stuff you don't want to read.

@mightysprite Thank you for writing this.

What I get from theses post is the common mistake that people feel urged to answer or read them all in these threads.

Erm, no, that's not necessary. While it's nice to get some answers as poster, you know as a long time reader, that there are posters which have to wear tons of overwhelming burdens and sorrows. Some even feared answers, but posting there is a way to stay connected with the world. Many started as silent reader before they had enough courage to post their own story. But some positive reaction made you feel welcome and not neglected. And that is a really nice feeling, I hope the other posters in these threads don't forget this and will continue with their stories.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited June 2022
    I just love seeing how different people play the game. Also I love seeing different houses and random features. On You Tube there was a video with Sims on a pirate boat and the toilet was up a ladder πŸ˜‚.
    I wouldn’t think to do that.

Seeing other players has also helped me loosen my control on my own Sims. It’s hard but I am more open to letting things unfold and not decide every single action.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm very interested how others play, their families, their stories and i share mine ,that's why I'm on the forums, to speak to others that enjoy this game as much as me
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Here's my family if anyone interested in adding to their game, put alot of work in them it's a family of 5 with a grand master vampire,2 spellcasters and 2 humans that a plan to turn into werewolves lol and they have a dog and cat 😊

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1A0FAA1AE37211EC8CF7BE628091EA4B?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=nikkiheathcote95&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm... there are several different reasons that I post or comment.

Community.
    Sometimes I miss having a guild. Back when I still was at Uni the days had more hours and apparently I required little to no sleep. I were playing some really fun MMO's and spent a lot of time in guilds. It was great talking about the game, upcoming expansions or griping about changes to your main character's class. Now I have far less time for gaming and I play the sims in a vastly different way from the MMO's so I would not like to have anyone in my game but I still like community aspect of gaming. The forum is the closest thing I have and the guild took too much time for me to even think about doing that right now. Also, I haven't found anyone that plays Sims 4 rl.

Inspiration.
    Some of you guys play the game in very different ways from me, that is fun to see. Other have a very beloved sim that I have seen every now and then throughout the years. A quick glimpse in to another simmer's world is interesting. I am not a great builder, I like seeing what other simmers have done in their saves, or reading about a new way to use an item, CC or mods that makes playing the game even more fun than before. If a post is really shining with how much fun that other person is having that is really nice to bask in. Other times it is great when something really gets you and you want to add that to your story now now now, or start a new save. When something catches you so much that you want to see it play out yourself.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,104 Member
    Daephene wrote: Β»

Yup! Same! :smiley:

I do the same. I like to take pictures of interesting group conversations and interactions. If i'm completely renovating a lot by changing the layout completely, I take continuity screen shots of how it was before in case i either exit out build mode pre-maturely or cannot return the lot to it's original look via control z.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Nikkih wrote: Β»
    Here's my family if anyone interested in adding to their game, put alot of work in them it's a family of 5 with a grand master vampire,2 spellcasters and 2 humans that a plan to turn into werewolves lol and they have a dog and cat 😊

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1A0FAA1AE37211EC8CF7BE628091EA4B?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=nikkiheathcote95&max=50&maxis=false

That’s a great family. 😎

I don’t have ROM though.
    Would you mind if the two spellcasters became vampires or mermaids?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Nikkih wrote: Β»

That’s a great family. 😎

I don’t have ROM though.
    Would you mind if the two spellcasters became vampires or mermaids?

Thank you 😊They should just be normal humans if you don't have rom in your game I'm sure, of course you can make them into vampires and mermaids 😊
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,426 Member
    I've started viewing a lot more screenshots of player builds. Definitely great for inspiration.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Sims is my 'hobby' (I'm autistic so it's my so called 'special interest' ^^')
    And I'm very curious (hence I start so many polls ;))
    It's not only the 'What happened in your game?' thread. I also look a lot of Sims youtube videos and I'm very active on tumblr
    and I scroll through my dash every day to see what my mutuals' Sims are up to, what they build, which stories they have to tell and how they play their game.
    I love my Sims a lot and there are other Simmers Sims I almost love as much as my own ^^'
    So of course I want to learn more about them.
    It's also a great source of inspiration seeing what happens in other Simmers' games.
    I love watching series and reading, so watching others Sims/stories/games/builds is an additional kind of entertainment for me :3
    a6f4932f35a3ec22a550aa23b9313daf22107844.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I don't read the stories as much but I do really enjoy looking at the screenshots. Especially if they are well composed with good lighting, ect.

I also like the game glitches or the townie fashion screenshots because they make me laugh and we definitely need more of that in our world.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I read and look at everything and all I do is write stories.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    It's fun for me to see what others do in their games. I feel that is similar to reading a book or watching a TV show. It's just a different style of fictional characters. It can also be fun to connect with other followers of the same content too... much like fans of TV series and books do... and share thoughts and ideas on what is happening and where we think the story is going. I find the content inspirational for my own gameplay, as well.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    It's a strange situation for me.
    I like to see what others are doing, but oddly, sharing screenshots helps immerse me into my game.
    I have a whole thread of what's happening in my game, but it's more for me than anyone else.

I usually share in other threads when I have something particularly enjoying happen in my game and I post hoping others find it interesting too and we can discuss it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds