Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Crystal Creations Releasing February 29

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    Hmm, I'm not sure about the all in one crafting table. I love how they're all different. Now maybe if they all looked like the flower arranging table I could get on board with that. :D That's my favorite.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    edited February 20
    Hmm, I'm not sure about the all in one crafting table. I love how they're all different. Now maybe if they all looked like the flower arranging table I could get on board with that. :D That's my favorite.

I like it because sims can engage in more activities without over cluttering the lots with 10 different tables. I definitely see your side too because who doesn’t want more variety in terms of decor. I suppose it’s the form or function argument, which fits best for each of us and for each save.🙂
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited February 20
    @simgirl1010 I mean the one craft specific tables could still come with packs but just as option it would be nice to also have one table that you can do any craft with
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Looks like fun! I'll wait to see what the bug reports look like, and if it isn't full of bugs, will happily spend $10 ;)

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    This is just what I was hoping for - yay! Looks great, and I love the magical vibes. Not sure about the fashion included though - most of the pieces look... um... like styled potato sacks :D Some of the hairstyles look fab.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Yeah I wish that we could have base game crafting table that allows us to do all crafts from different packs we have on it

you know like game tables but instead of change game you'd have "change craft"

and I still wish we could play games on all game table shaped dining tables but thats whole another discussion

the tables are just kind of getting out of hand at this point

I would love a all in one craft table. I like how the game table is handled. We can choose what ever gametable fits our esthetic with all possible games available. I like that the friendship bracelets from growing together can be made on children's drawing tables and the knitting and cross-stitch baskets. Perhaps all in one is a bit much some combinations would be nice.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm glad they introduced a new skill, hope it's a ten level one.

Making the Lunar Cycle matter a little more is welcome, too. (It got patched into basegame, correct? So for now it had little to no effect to players without Werewolves?)

My only concern is that they may once again lock some CAS content, requiring players to unlock them in every household use cheats or wait for the unlock mods to get updated.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    This looks like it might be quite fun! Another skill is great. And I could certainly use more jewellery options in my game as I’m pretty bored with what’s currently available. Also, I tend to forget about all the collections, so I like that this would give me a gameplay reason to try to collect crystals. I like the look of some of the BB too.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @alanmichal1 The way to go is «basements». That is where I put everything. You can even have two basements, one beneath the other.

That's of course true :D

As for loving the different types of crafting tables: I like them too and I don't want to give them up for a new "neutral" table for everything. They could just add all functionality to all existing tables, like they did with the game tables.

And of course the devs could consider to let Sims do things while just sitting at a normal table instead of creating big machines for each candle and pumpkin.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    It looks cool!! I love the bookshelf. Kinda wish we had a bare version of the crafting table to use as a desk as well. Also the wall tool board is giving me garage vibes and it better be a hint (they’re taunting us, it’s painful at this point).
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Now this looks interesting! I feel like its been awhile since we've had a pack with a more unique concept. I can see myself using this with my spellcasters, especially with that crystal tree!!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Okay, this looks like fun. Also did they make it come out exactly when I'm figuring out what my newly YA Spellcaster Cassandra Goth is going to do with herself? Yes! That seems to have happened :D I was going to send her to university, but she might just drop out :D

Love the CAS - great fit with RoM content. I hope the work table thing comes in a modern version too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's more witchy than Realm of Magic. The gameplay isn't something I'll use very often, but it'll be great for spellcaster families. I'll make a spellcaster family that specialzies in growing crystals in their orchard, then selling enchanted jewelry to sims. There could even be a Gemology elective course for my wizard school.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited February 21
    Will the Kleptomaniac sims be able to steal these items ?

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 I mean the one craft specific tables could still come with packs but just as option it would be nice to also have one table that you can do any craft with

Gotcha. I'm definitely down with that. :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Furniture and gameplay look very promising. Horse Ranch completed Cottage Living, and this one is the second half of Realm of Magic.

And another thought: Where in heaven shall I place yet another crafting table besides the flower, candles, pumpkin, archaeology, robotic and base game crafting tables?? I hope that the team will offer a unified table for all hobbies like they did with the table games.

About the tables, I have a few thoughts. One is that with rotational gameplay, different households have different hobbies so the various equipment is a little bit different for each of them. Additionally, it depends on if the hobby is a long term one or a short term one for how I handle this but one thing that I do is to use the household inventory to store things like hobby tables that aren't currently in use. I'll use that for the Pumpkin Carving Station and then bring it out in the fall, for example. My "Seasons" family has a flower-arranging table but if I wanted them to start up this hobby, I would swap in this new table.

I will also say that these tools are probably also designed to aesthetically suit different spaces. Flower-arranging can be in a garden shed or a sun room. Pumpkin-carving? In a large kitchen or out on a porch. This crystal station looks like it could go into a Paranormal parlor or it could be put into an art studio or, yes, a basement or bonus room. My favorite way is to use the household inventory though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    I think this is going to be an awkward pack for people to skip. I think most builds on the gallery will include at least one thing from the pack. I think this is going to be as good as Home Chef Hustle and maybe even better. I am far more excited about this Stuff Pack that I was the last two EPs.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 21
    Idk why, but I’m pleasantly surprised that it’s being released so soon! I actually hate jewelry in real life, so the gameplay doesn’t really interest me. I do, however, love the new cases for collectibles, & the new hairstyles look really beautiful! I’m not as in love with the build/buy outside of the bookshelf with the ladder, but overall I’m fairly excited for this pack!
    Post edited by SimDork23 on
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    The bookshelf is a fav for me. I also like the desk chair and the curly hairdo very much. I'm not into jewelry so most of my sims don't wear it, or wear very little. But I do love the idea of a new hobby or career. I'll wait to see what sort of bugs are included before I decide on getting it.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    In real life, I love stuff that can be dug up out of the ground. I want this for more than jewelry.

I don't use a lot of jewelry in real life, but I do always wear a ring on a specific finger that people do not usually wear a ring on. I have searched for one specific piece of jewelry for specific sims and have seldom found what I wanted for them. If this pack gives me more jewelry options, I will be glad. I won't use much jewelry, but it will mean a lot to me to have a single piece that helps define a single sim when I want it for a specific storyline.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    It’s funny, because in my story I have crystal vendors who sell enchanted crystals at all of the fairs in The Myst. Now I can actually put them in my game! Love the moon patterns, which will fit right in with my Spellcasters and the Blue Moon Tavern. I see redecoration in my future!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Love it!
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    I'm wondering if the jewelry you make and put on in game will apply to every outfit. I would love to see this come with an update that allows accessories/make up to carry over across outfits in CAS, wishful thinking lol
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    This inspired me to finally fix my game. I haven't been able to play for a few months because my game wouldn't start and I couldn't repair it. As soon as I saw the trailer I googled how to fix it and voila, I'm now up and running again. So excited for next Thursday.