Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    (Idk if this has been answered before, I lost track)

So my email here and on AHQ is the same but not my name, is this a problem for my posts' migration?
    Here the name is Lenny_Ogg, on AHQ it's LennyOgg
    If it's a problem, what do I do?

@Lenny_Ogg - EA_Cade posted this in the Nominations thread
    What's important for the data migration from these forums to AHQ is the email address tied to the account, not the username. As long as both your account here and your account at AHQ are tied to the same email, everything should be good to go.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @luthienrising Thanks. I am not concerned about migration. I just don't want my name to be different. Once these forums are deleted, I assume that I can change it to be "Haneul" if I am the duplicate person... but if others have had success changing their name to match, then I'm actually not "Haneul" and won't be able to change my name to match.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    (Idk if this has been answered before, I lost track)

So my email here and on AHQ is the same but not my name, is this a problem for my posts' migration?
    Here the name is Lenny_Ogg, on AHQ it's LennyOgg
    If it's a problem, what do I do?

@Lenny_Ogg - EA_Cade posted this in the Nominations thread
    What's important for the data migration from these forums to AHQ is the email address tied to the account, not the username. As long as both your account here and your account at AHQ are tied to the same email, everything should be good to go.

👆👆👆 This is the way.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 15
    @haneul there is someone with haneul username on sims 3 store maybe thats it? maybe thats why its considered taken as EA ID? but not on this forum since they're not on this forum? (unless thats your account)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Simmingal That's me on the Sims 3 Store. :) Thanks for looking into it.

• Options
    edited February 15
    Hmm... but theres no @GlacierSnow there so I wonder why they can't change it

guess the mystery remains
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Please also note that if a thread OP does not have an account on AHQ, none of the content they have on these forums can be migrated.

That might disqualify some of the older nominated threads. Especially for those OPs who haven't visited the forum in ages and will be unaware of the need for an AHQ account.

To follow up on this, there are a couple of things that are not clear to me because they have been worded rather ambiguously:

(1) If we do not currently have an AHQ account, but create one between now and the end of the nomination period, will those threads be migrated, or only if the OP had an AHQ account at the time that the thread was created?

(2) Will all nominated threads be migrated, or will the TS4 team be making its own determinations to pick and choose between nominated threads? If the later, will there be any transparency about what percentage of nominated threads will be migrated and what criteria will be used to make those selections?

If stats are not going to carry over fully for everyone, and will instead be based solely on whatever gets migrated, that's already not ideal... but I would particularly hate to think that some forum users could end up with artificially high or low stats based solely on whether the mods have personal biases for or against certain people and factor those feelings into what gets migrated. (Whether consciously or unconsciously.)

1. If you create an account before the migration, all of your content from Oct 2022 will be moved as well as any nominated threads you were the OP of.

2. The goal is to move everything nominated. We can't move content if the thread OP doesn't have an account on AHQ, and I cannot tell you if they do or don't for legal/privacy reasons.

Ok, I'm pretty satisfied with this approach, then, though still a little sad about saying goodbye to the old forums.

I may not have ever worked in the gaming industry, but I've worked in enough corporations that have been through mergers or buyouts and had data migrations as a result that I do _not_ envy you all this massive, massive task. I hope they planned in vacation time for the team for sometime around August!
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Your forum name will be whatever you set it as on AHQ, which can be changed here. Signatures on AHQ are currently limited to EA staff and Community Connections Program members, but we're exploring options in this area for the EA forums.
    Okay, I followed that link and saw my original EA name was a very old one. So I can change that with ease to February 11 eventually from editing the "about Me" bit, can I?

MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Questions:

Will we be able to use the same forum names we use here? I've gotten to know people by the names they use posting on this forum, and they know me by GlacierSnow name. It will be really confusing if we can't keep using the names we already know for each other.

Will we be able to have personalized signature banners like we do here? This is the main way I find out about simlit stories that I want to read.

Your forum name will be whatever you set it as on AHQ, which can be changed here. Signatures on AHQ are currently limited to EA staff and Community Connections Program members, but we're exploring options in this area for the EA forums.

Oops, lost the link in the quote for the customer portal. So repost to save it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Okay, I followed that link and saw my original EA name was a very old one. So I can change that with ease to February 11 eventually from editing the "about Me" bit, can I?

Hello @February11
    Yes, you can change your EA name ID at that link.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »

Hello @February11
    Yes, you can change your EA name ID at that link.

Hi @rosemow, thanks for that. Long time, no chat!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Where is the link I need to follow --- for AHQ, I think? Thanks! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Where is the link I need to follow --- for AHQ, I think? Thanks! :)

This is what EA_Cade said @coolsim9999999
    Your forum name will be whatever you set it as on AHQ, which can be changed here.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I completely forgot I made an account at AHQ Forums in May of 2017...not long after I joined THIS forum.

Hmmmm... I figured out what avatar I used on my account on AHQ EA Answers.
    yARpd0i.png
    I like my "Psychotic Freezer Bunny" avatar...I'm thinking I might keep it.

Fits me quite well, doesn't it? @EA_Cade. ~grin~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Thank you so very much @rosemow :)! I really appreciate it :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    As I posted earlier, I am copying content from threads. Some contain links with URLs opening to the original sims 3 forum. You may try to follow a link a get a "page not found" message. Many of you may already know this, but I thought I would share.

For example "http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499348.page"target="_blank" won't open. To open the page in the current forum, I convert the URL by appending the thread number to

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/499348

If the link includes a page number to a specific post, I have not figured out how to get to the specific post. However, at least you will get to the thread and you can search for the post in the thread.

Edit to add: I just figured out how to get to a specific post rather than simply page 1 of the thread
    To find "page 11779281" such as in this example http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/740702.page#11779281"target="_blank

enter the page number into the comment URL

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11779281/#Comment_11779281

@Me1620 - YOU are AWESOME!!! I SO NEEDed this!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited February 16
    Thought it would be handy to have all the relevant dates in one post.

March 3: Cutoff for nominating threads for migration.

March 7: Verify Answers HQ account.

March 12: Content posted after this date will not be migrated.

July 2024: Sims Forum will close.

July 2024: EA Forum Launch.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options

Don't forget:

July 2024: EA Forums launch

can we have this stickied up somewhere like announcement @EA_Cade
  • Options
    Thanks @Simmingal edited my post.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited February 16

Can you link me to the post where it says the cut-off day is March 3 for nominating threads dear, I want to link it to my discord correctly.

Never mind dear I found it. <3

• Options
    @BreeMiles it took me about 15 minutes to find that post. I knew there was a March 3 deadline but I just couldn't find the post. 😄
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    BreeMiles wrote: »

Can you link me to the post where it says the cut-off day is March 3 for nominating threads dear, I want to link it to my discord correctly.

Some good news here thanks to @EA_Solaire being awesome and able to keep on top of the nominations thread so far. I m i g h t be able to push the nomination thread deadline out by a few more days, but we do have to lock it before March 11th due to our deadline to get that information with the migration team.

I'll post any updates in the Nominations thread here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    oh wow its been so long and now its getting shut down. Oh well lets see.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @EA_Cade, @EA_Solaire - so that means we have essentially 13 days before lock to suggest threads for porting to the new site. Guess we'd better get cracking going through the forums and searching for threads that need to be nominated for porting. Yippee...lots of fun.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »

Some good news here thanks to @EA_Solaire being awesome and able to keep on top of the nominations thread so far. I m i g h t be able to push the nomination thread deadline out by a few more days, but we do have to lock it before March 11th due to our deadline to get that information with the migration team.

I'll post any updates in the Nominations thread here.

Thank you <3