Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plum Tree App is shutting down?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2023

with the free plan you can have only 1 tree and up to 250 sims, with the almost $3.00 (I'm rounding up) you can have 3 trees and with the almost $4.00 you can have 5 trees. None of that works for me and that's not even counting the fact I can't use money online for other reasons. I need something which can have up to 28 family trees. At least with plumtree app it was free even if it wasn't visible.

And what if you're a historical legacy player and need to have more then the tradditonal 10 generations? that's not doable really with SimsLegacyHub.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    A video where you can see the legacy hub in action. It is still the beta version so the final version might have a few changes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLXEa6HZ7k&t=643s
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

with the free plan you can have only 1 tree and up to 250 sims, with the almost $3.00 (I'm rounding up) you can have 3 trees and with the almost $4.00 you can have 5 trees. None of that works for me and that's not even counting the fact I can't use money online for other reasons. I need something which can have up to 28 family trees. At least with plumtree app it was free even if it wasn't visible.

And what if you're a historical legacy player and need to have more then the tradditonal 10 generations? that's not doable really with SimsLegacyHub.

Ew. Man I shouldve known itd be too good to be true. *sigh*
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member

OH, that's dissapointing. I can understand they need funds to run the website but looks like this app will not be the solution after all.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

OH, that's dissapointing. I can understand they need funds to run the website but looks like this app will not be the solution after all.

Apparently the Plumtree's creator is going to make his website open-sourced so that if someone who has web knowledge could take over it (and hopefully not charge for it) once he "logs off of it" for good
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    What even is Plum Tree app? I don't think this is created by Maxis either.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member

I didn't realize there was a payment plan like this. It will absolutely not work for me as a rotational player, so we can forget about it.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m absolutely disappointed by Legacy Hub. I’m not shocked that we’d have to pay for it. Given that Plum Tree is closing mostly due to lack of funds, I’m not surprised that they’d want to charge for it, but it’s the limitations on amounts of trees and further restrictions of number of sims in those trees that’s so disappointing. I was so ready to make an account the moment it launched because I ideally wanted something that was sims specific rather than a general family tree you could use irl. I loved Plum Tree so much and this felt like a very close match. I wouldn’t have minded paying for it if it wasn’t so size limited. I might wait and see how it does after launch, I’m wondering if they’ll update it to allow more trees / sims per tree once they hear people complaining about it.
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I'm sticking with the My Family Tree app. I have added 888(!) Sims to it from my 15 generations. I love it so far.

myfamilytree.png
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    I’m absolutely disappointed by Legacy Hub. I’m not shocked that we’d have to pay for it. Given that Plum Tree is closing mostly due to lack of funds, I’m not surprised that they’d want to charge for it, but it’s the limitations on amounts of trees and further restrictions of number of sims in those trees that’s so disappointing. I was so ready to make an account the moment it launched because I ideally wanted something that was sims specific rather than a general family tree you could use irl. I loved Plum Tree so much and this felt like a very close match. I wouldn’t have minded paying for it if it wasn’t so size limited. I might wait and see how it does after launch, I’m wondering if they’ll update it to allow more trees / sims per tree once they hear people complaining about it.

Yeah. On paper charging for the trees isn't too terrible (site ain't gonna pay for itself, tragically) but with HOW limited the number is it just isn't viable, no matter paid or free.
  • Options
    candystorm wrote: »
    I'm sticking with the My Family Tree app. I have added 888(!) Sims to it from my 15 generations. I love it so far.

myfamilytree.png

@candystorm That's the Microsoft App, correct? Can you show the tree online similar to PlumTree App could or is there a roundabout way you have to do it?
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited December 2023

I guess it depends. I have a legacy file with 12 generations and the total sims is 79. I imagine, in this case of that one person on the plumtree app that has 64 gens, this isn't good for folks with especially large trees.

It would be good for me, except the free plan has one thing that puts me off and that's the no shareable link.
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    What even is Plum Tree app? I don't think this is created by Maxis either.
    It's not. It's an online browser app (or was) that allowed us to make as many trees as we wanted and then share the links, etc. Unfortunately as it got more and more popular the cost of bandwidth for the server host got higher over the years until they ended up asking for donations but it only postponed the inevitable for awhile since the cost was still rising.

For those that asked about the My Family Tree app, it's the MS one and it is basically and offline tree app.

Just trying out the SLH, and one thing I noticed is that turning takes priority over marriage. What I mean by that is, the line between the two will say turned. You can't have it display that they're married on the line. Marriages have their own seperate indicators on the connecting lines however

Editing relationships seems to consist of breaking the connection all the together and starting over.

Images get scaled down so they'll look a little pixelated.

Anyway, this is what I started with:
    EAwoMwI.png
    Post edited by Ersa_Middleton on
  • Options
    keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    This site has replaced it for me.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    @Ersa_Middleton Thanks for the heads up on the turning taking priority over marriage.

I've also started putting my tree into SLH and noticed that they have slightly increased the amount of sims in each tree and how many trees you can have with the subscription options to what they originally had.
    4YHnhtB.png
  • Options
    WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    keene61 wrote: »

Thank you for posting that!

The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Whubble wrote: »
    keene61 wrote: »

Thank you for posting that!

I would highly recommend look at @Ersa_Middleton 's comment (here) and read the comment (mine) he's replying to because I actually looked into the this site when it was announced and it's not worth the cost (since its not free) and its very limited in the number of sims and family trees. So I really hope you don't need more then 5 trees because you aren't going to be getting it with this family tree app.

But here's a repost of my OG comment about Sim Legacy hub
    with the free plan you can have only 1 tree and up to 250 sims, with the almost $3.00 (I'm rounding up) you can have 3 trees and up to Up to 500 Sims (per tree) and with the almost $4.00 you can have only 5 trees and Up to 750 Sims (per tree)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Okay update from the creator: according to the creators of the Legacy app Premium has now 10 trees but 750 sims per tree.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 14
    I wish I had known they were shutting down. I had my legacy family tree on there with detailed info on every sim. I hadn't played in a while, so I hadn't visited the site until now. I lost everything.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner