Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,919 Member
    @Sims4MagicalTales Loved it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited January 27
    Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for enjoying, my side characters as much as I do~ :)

I wanted to share this as it happened in my game yesterday and I had just got done talking about them, Amelia and Nickolas.

It was finally go time for Amelia! Gooood she can stop death glaring at me about being pregnant for so long lol.
    53470417758_b80e3f2180_c.jpg
    Doctor Diego checked her and she was 1 of 10cm, so she did some deep breathing.
    Also some very cute swaying in her partners arms, love this.
    53470697370_5d28158890_c.jpg
    53469372667_e94205295f_c.jpg

Hours passed and into the next day, she got some sleep and ate a bit, almost there, a walk around could help start things up.
    53470417653_987466fcea_c.jpg

Official GO Time!
    53470272946_38db2fd4b0_c.jpg
    53469372567_e1419d6931_c.jpg

Welcome baby Lyle! Happy Birthday! Ooooo pandasama is amazing!!!!!! The whole experience really had me tearing up awwww~
    53470592659_d385da393e_c.jpg
    53470272886_0e652a9483_c.jpg
    53470697030_124bc927a8_c.jpg
    53470696920_e97167e8b3_c.jpg

Aftermath At Home
    I dunno why he is as pale as a ghost now, really irks me since well just look at his parents skin tones! Ugh make it make sense...
    53470696890_3655b399ba_c.jpg

Nick made sure to fix Amelia her favorite meals, she had been completely amazing and this little thing he could do for her to show her how proud he was <3
    53470592394_6b7fd56bcd_c.jpg

New dad and son time.
    And showing him to a very excited and loving uncle, lol Beck was rushing for the cradle just as fast as mom and dad xD <3
    53469372142_10cf62c4ea_c.jpg
    53469372177_fb8ff4390f_c.jpg

Ame had been feeling a little sore after birth so Nick tried his hands at helping out, he sure had magic fingers both times he did the messages, they were flawless and helpful!
    53470696705_819cb02e4f_c.jpg

Life is a bit more harder now, less sleep and all that but these two will be just fine B)

Thanks for reading!
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Jamison Cantrell wishes Londyn all the best and says, "Break-a-Leg." He'll be rooting for her as he watches the Show.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Vlad, Jack, Saiwa and Kiyoshi return from the Temple and try to process the news about Kiyoshi.
    A few weeks ago they agreed to be honest to each other but dealing with the truth is painful for all of them.
    c4d08e10b3722ac87d0c80eed3888d5bf983203a.jpg

But Kōjin, diety of the hearth, is watching over them.
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    e172ce1fc064ac5cc1c7c7cda76b3c6f802c2458.jpg

And the Boys of the first year successfully completed their investigations at the Lab!
    0d6c7cde4aebf7dcf0b32983824e5e56598e7cee.jpg

Time for dinner :3
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    9010706c6a799828087fb6db92ee51abe6c165d5.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Caerfinon ROFL
  • Options
    I have the basic shape of the new Starlight Accolades venue done. Now for the fun part, bringing it to life. The final version won’t have all those windows. They’re there to provide some light to see what I’m doing.

6RDyw4v.png
    DlF2hrR.png
    vKNccTQ.png

The roof over the outdoor area may not cover as much as it does now. I wanted to expand the deck at the front so that it was as wide as the arches but those clipped through the floor really bad.

The last picture is one of the Red Carpet entrance for my celebs. I’m going to put the VIP door at the entrance to the room where the awards ceremony will take place. I have some really cool ideas for the rest of the lot if I have enough space in the lot. If not Judith will be moving into the 64x64 lot and her usual lot will become the new home of the Accolades.

vvQAAq7.png

Looking good. I hope I like it just as much after you replace the windows with wallboard? Right now, it's deliciously futuristic. But I do admire your creativity.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,141 Member
    @permanentrose Thank you and don't worry if you can't comment on every post.🙂 I know how hard it is at times to keep up. I know I'm behind at the moment myself.

@GalacticGal Thank you. The ladies will be rooting for Jamison as well in his upcoming gigs and Accolades.🙂

A couple of weeks ago I had the creepy paparazzi who was hanging out in front of the Huntley's home. After I deleted him the paparazzis that spawned afterwards didn't do that creepy staring at the house thing. They still spawn and stand around doing nothing, they just don't face towards the house while they do nothing. Then I had one session where Darian's mom kept spawning on the lot, knocking on the door and then leaving only to spawn again later. Now I have another extremely aggravating problem. A sim, sometimes it's someone they know, most of the time it's just a random townie will spawn on the lot and come knock on the door and just stand there. A few seconds after that happens a second sim will spawn at the edge of the lot and then stand there. After about 20-30 sim minutes the sim at the door will leave and the one that was standing at the edge of the lot will then step up and knock. While they're knocking the game will spawn another sim at the edge of the lot and the process repeats itself, endlessly. 24 hours a day. Here's a picture of what it looks like...

Oq6x0z4.png

If you click on one of them the only option you get is to 'invite in'. That's it, the normal socials aren't even there. If you shift click you get four options, but it's nothing like the options you would normally have when you shift click on them. If I turn on headline effects there's nothing there about them being fans, stans, or paparazzi. Just their name and life stage.

w4PUYw4.png
    asDVo05.png

So I did an experiment just now. I had Danielle and Londyn move into the Thebe Estate to see if the problem followed them which it didn't. So I moved them back and it started in again. I moved them out again and moved Danielle's parents into their home since her parents don't have any fame at all. As soon as they moved in the problem started again. There's something on that lot that's drawing sims to it and making them act really squirrelly. As I sit here and type this I'm beginning to wonder if it's their Starlight Accolades awards. Their awards are sitting on the table beside their tv and they're in plain view for the whole world to see.
  • Options
    @DreamPrincess
    Princess Roddy is a really good Monarch. He really connects with his subjects. It's nice to see how well the siblings get along, too. I get the impression they truly enjoy being in each other's company. Not too many families can boast such. Fun update.

P.S. I don't think the word I used in my chapter deserved being censored. (s.c.a.t.)
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 748 Member
    As I sit here and type this I'm beginning to wonder if it's their Starlight Accolades awards. Their awards are sitting on the table beside their tv and they're in plain view for the whole world to see.

@DaniRose2143 maybe some clever Dev made the Accolades act like "Catnip for Townies"... they keep coming back for more!

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @GalacticGal,
    Glad you enjoyed it!

A good alternative is scram, btw.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,718 Member
    @DaniRose2143, that's very odd behavior.

I've never seen anything like it at Glimmerbrook Watch with Cassie's awards sitting on the mantelpiece.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @Lyrie Now you've got me tearing up. Lovely story. Congratulations to the new parents.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,569 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    I forgot how often the acting gigs kills the sim, why’d she have to die😭 The director too happy she killed London’s character 👀 Looking forward to the build process, hehe hopefully Judith doesn’t mind moving her out😁
    That is so strange, when will they have a moment of privacy. Would it be the awards causing the issue? I never won a single won so honestly I don’t know what effects it may have, what're the lot traits?

@permanentrose
    Lmao Such a dramatic entrance Vlad😆
    Those sicknesses have great names😭

@Caerfinon
    those ducks😆 Happy to see Jac being playful☺️
    Practice makes perfect Doctor😉

@lucisstorm
    Their home really lacked gargoyles. Lol I imagined them breaking and coming too life 😆

@DreamPrincess
    Nice finds Shine, always a treat to see the kids together🙂

@GalacticGal
    Hah, Harmony doesn’t want to cook😆
    Fun barbecue😁 Melodie giving Jamison a taste of the buzzer😭
    What the-! A case against them without them knowing?! Aww those strays. That’s wild with the case though😵

@RedDestiny92
    Wow thats a nice painting, Aw he’s cute!

@Lyrie
    Nicks a real one after the child birth, helping her out and being supportive ☺️
  • Options
    Minor update with Alexis, Pico's realizing what it'll be like to be her companion :

“Oh no, Pico” OsNzCCJ.png
    qb2AmCC.png “That was better, you even got your tongue sticking out” sEqGxmz.png “But try to make it more dramatic, like this. Watch” xcMwwQt.pngP1hNEo1.pngwOveUIX.png “Like that, now your turn.” *Drops to the ground* “Thats it! We’re going to scare my Dad in no time”qiwhLjK.png
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 748 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves A dog that can be trained, hmmmm... what's that like? Um, asking for a friend.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    @Caerfinon so much work😆
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,112 Member
    From page 1307,

@GalacticGal What the plumbob is happening in your game. I remember when Dylan appeared in your save and hit on Erik… that surprised me and it made me happy that Erik handled that very well, but the things happening in your game right now…

As far as I know, none of these sims flirting with Erik are gay or bisexual. Dylan is bisexual, and will be bisexual in my game… but these other sims…

I don’t understand it.
  • Options
    @Caerfinon If I didn't know better I'd say there was a few slices of bacon hidden somewhere...

@luciusstorm That's useful information.🙂 There's something on the lot that's attracting sims to it. It all started with that paparazzi, and I think that and this issue are related, and that was after I installed For Rent. I need to start taking out items like tv's and computers and see if one of them may have gotten borked with that pack.

@BlueSeaWaves Judith won't mind. I'm sure she'll be happy to move to biggest lot with the best view of DSV.😉 The lot traits are Home Studio and Romantic Aura. The third slot is empty and there are no lot challenges. I still think there's a defective item on the lot that's attracting sims like flies.
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    Anyone get a child that's a klepto? Well, mine is
  • Options
    Just when you think you've seen it all with this game it finds new ways to surprise you. I found the source of my issues, not just the endless parade of sims coming to the Huntley's door, but the do-nothing paparazzi. It was this...

NaH8mMN.png

Un. Be. Lievable!😲 A cc light fixture.🙄

When I remodeled the lot this past summer I saved a copy to my library. I thought I'd replace the current version with that and see what happened. I put the game on speed 3 and let it run. The sims that were on the lot left as soon as I went back to Live mode and no more showed up to take their place. So I exited without saving and started looking at the screenshots I took when I remodeled the lot and compared it to what the lot looks like now. The only difference was those lights, two yoga mats, and a meditation stool. I removed the mats and the stool and still the parade continued. I put the mats and stool back. I thought no way in heck were the lights the problem, but due diligence, I'd remove them. I repeated the speed 3 experiment and lo and behold the parade of sims was over. I exited without saving and repeated everything 3 more times and every time removing the lights solved the problem.

Not only did it stop the parade, but now the paparazzis that show up actually act like paps should whenever Londyn and Danielle step outside...

eG8d2zP.png

Londyn's friend Keisha showed up and I thought, "Oh great, it didn't fix the problem." I clicked on her expecting to see only the invite in option, but to my relief the normal pie menu was back and there wasn't another sim waiting to knock on the door after her.

zNv9QPx.png

Who would have ever thought a light fixture could be responsible for all that mess? And I thought Thorne Bailey doing his impression of Nero fiddling while Rome burned was the craziest thing my game could show me. That at least made some sense. I mean six sims standing close together engaged in a conversation when Judith decided to set off the Emotion Bomb. The chaos was bound to splash on the bystanders.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,065 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Wow! That is so bizarre! Well done you for tracking it down.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves,
    Thanks for your comment!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 18
    I spent the past few days just building up a house for Luise. Unlike last time, It just, like, built itself organically with a very cliche design at the base without a blueprint in mind. During the original save, the build was intentional with neoclassical elements. I tried to follow classical styles of architecture for this save as well, but then I accepted the fact I was in no way an architect, designer, nor engineer, so I just built it organically. It was a nightmare to deal with, but it was even more of a nightmare to actually follow a certain style and try to strictly adhere to it.

So this is different from my usual posts, but technically fell in line with "what happened in my game today."

Main commentator: me
    Guest commentator: "Luise Keller"

Warning: breaks the fourth wall by a mile
    01-18-24-3-45-31-PM.png
    Me: Well?
    Luise: "Well...it's cute...and blue..."
    Me: Blue is your colour, remember? That's what the Watcher intended for you.
    Luise: "Do you mean 'you' or just the Watcher in general?"
    Me: Fine, yes, me. I made you anyway, but I'm not claiming that title. Just keep thinking that whole "Watcher" thing is some separate godly character. I like to think of myself as an observer to your chaotic life than actively running it, except making sure you don't starve or freeze to death. How bad would it look on me if my founder died on the first gen without leaving any kids? Now will you stop getting all philosophical on me? Focus on your house!
    Luise: "Well, it's...blue..."
    Me: Haaah...
    Luise: "You wouldn't happen to be a fan of that streamer who's notorious for building blue suburbans, would you?"
    Me: Not really. Not a fan, but not a hater either. I actually don't watch a lot of life sim playthroughs and prefer RPG streamers. I only know of her because I still lurk in the life sim gaming scene when I remember you guys exist. Now focus! Is this enough for you to raise up a family?
    Luise: "Temporarily, yes...but I'm going to need a bigger house if Dino err...wants to dance the tango some more."
    Me: TMI, Luise, TMI.

01-18-24-2-31-52-PM.png
    Luise:"Why toilet paper?"
    Me: They don't sell bidets at the plumbing store. Problem?
    Luise: "Ugh...it's not that I discriminate...but this is what I hate about North Simericans. They only ever use toilet paper. It's so unhygienic and gross. I hate it, hate it, hate it!"
    Me: To be fair, it's not like you guys are exactly the paragon of hygiene for the longest time. Remember, eau de toilettes exist to cover up that disgusting scent permeating all over the palace grounds because the old nobility has never heard of bath water, and the peasantry would toss the contents of their latrines out the windows, from the second floor!
    Luise: "That's the French. We would have never been so crude."
    Me: :expressionless: Ah yes, your ever growing hatred of the French. Where did you get that from, anyway?"
    Luise: "I'm German, remember? Hating the French has always been a thing even before the Holy Empire. Even our cousins, the Dutch and the Simlish, have always hated them. We still hate them; we're just not as vocal about it because of Union politics."
    Me: ...it's a good thing you haven't actually met your husband's ex.
    Luise: "Yet. Which I hope you'll fix soon."
    Me: I'd really rather you not. Who knows what you might do. Anyway, what's that thing at the back a while ago?

01-18-24-3-50-36-PM.png
    Me: Isn't this that greenhouse you had built last spring when you took that rose Dino gave you and made it propagate?
    000236.png
    Me: ...
    Me: I was wondering where all your money went... You're really in love with him, huh?
    Luise: :flushed:
    Me: You squandered the money I had you earn to construct a high-end greenhouse totaling over 10000 simoleons over...a house. What happened to your priorities?
    Luise: Well, I-
    Me: Save it! *facepalm* I should've known... so err...what's with the additional treehouse construction kit, jungle gym, and swing set?
    Luise: :blush:
    Me: No way...
  • Options
    I got a little bit done this morning. I started trying out some different layouts for the hall where the awards will be handed out. I'm starting with the same color schemes and chairs from the current venue. Every one of the seats in this arrangement is within the maximum 7 tiles from the microphone. There are 46 seats in this arrangement and I currently have the maximum number of sims on the lot set to 40. If I keep the one-star entry requirement I won’t fill half that so for funsies when I play test it I won’t have the VIP door in place. We’ll see how crazy it gets with that many sims in one room.🤣

z57VH0H.png
    bchIS1p.png
    B29Ex68.png

I may have to remove the curved walls. The curved rooms that I needed to create that look leave huge holes in the ceiling of the room below. It’s not a big deal but it is one of those things that once you see it you can’t unsee it and it is distracting. I’m going try a couple of things before I remove them.

WzUs5UQ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top