Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The EA app and The Sims 3: how to report bugs (and why it's important).

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    So I was finally forced to switch to the EA app. So far, everything seems present and the game runs as usual. It is completly installed on my pc and I always only had to log into Origin to start it.

However.

I always play offline. My pc does not have wifi (and has refused any attempt to have any form of it) and when I want to go online, I have to string a cable about 30 meters through my flat, downstairs to the router. No trouble to do so about one or two times a month for updates and stuff.

I could also log into Origin offline. I can not log into the EA app offline. I have to go online, log into the app, then go into offline mode, which causes the app to tell me there´s an error with the internet connection. I can play the game without a fuss though, but only for that session.
    When I close out of the game, the app tells me again, that something is horrible wrong with my internet connection and it can not connect to its servers. Yeah well, I told it to go offline. Because I do not need to be online for a game that is installed on my computer and runs better offline anyway.

As soon as you close the app, the sims games (Sims 3 as well as Sims 4) won´t start. You need to go online again, to tell the app it should be offline.

After everything I read about it, I do think, that this fault is by design - EA wants us to be online at all times for some reason.

Well, I don´t want to do the cable stringing every other day. If this doesn´t get changed, I will have to uninstall the Sims 3, install it again and only update to 1.67, so it will start without any app (EA or Origin). Will be a bother, though.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    So the EA app minimized my game two times in a row to whine about not being online. Luckily, it didn´t crash, but the Sims 3 suddenly collapsing to the desktop is not good for my nerves. Make it stop, please.

• Options
    LibrarianBabeLibrarianBabe Posts: 18 Member
    I went to play Sims 3 last night and suddenly my downloads were gone and I couldn't log into the store to get them again. Is this a problem just or me or was there some EA update that caused this?
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited May 2023
    I am on steam and the old Origin launcher. Yesterday and today i can't download anything from the Store. Even tried a different browser. It keeps asking me to log in, and I know the info is correct because I copy and paste. But it doesn't like that and just keeps asking me to log in.

I can't remember how to submit a bug report, whoops.

@LibrarianBabe so maybe your issue is two-fold. Missing downloads PLUS the Store not working. You are not the first person to have missing downloads but I have no idea what the solution is, Sorry I can't be of more help for you.

edit hmmm I looked on steam and couldn't find anything. Hope you can find out, this sounds really frustrating.

Post edited by stickykisses on
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    edited May 2023
    I cant launch my game .It worked before,but it can't now .Edit it is fixed now.I made ea app run on administer.
    Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on
  • Options
    Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    I can’t get in my sims 3 game and it worked a few days ago but now the launcher is showing blue screen where the welcome page is. I’ve tried everything.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    ~disgusted snort~ Game was working fine until today when EA App FORCE-UPDATED. Now my game doesn't work.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Does the Sims 3 Store DLC work on EA App yet? Or does that still show up as uninstalled when playing through the app?
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Does the Sims 3 Store DLC work on EA App yet? Or does that still show up as uninstalled when playing through the app?

That issue was resolved, yes. The fix for this was in the 12.115.0.5372 update in February.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Sheepiling wrote: »

That issue was resolved, yes. The fix for this was in the 12.115.0.5372 update in February.

Thank you!
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Got a new laptop. Normally, this would be joyous but the EA app has stolen my joy once again.

My downloads for Island Paradise, Showtime, and University get stuck on "preparing" and never download. I've done app recovery one hundred bazillion times, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app even more times, and NOPE. I can't download just those 3. Someone please help me fix this before I get banned again.
  • Options
    OK, I got it. I had to uninstall the EA app, reinstall Origin, let Origin download the expansions, reinstall the EA app, and everything is there.

Is this ever going to get fixed? And if not, can we at least have access to Origin? :|
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I should install ALL store content each and every time I launch the game :|:|:|:| Is this for real??????

|I give up|
  • Options
    Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    Is anyone else having trouble with downloading expansion packs? I’m currently having trouble with Pets and Generations it keeps saying something went wrong and I have both of those packs help this was working fine before. EA fix your app or give us back that old Orgin app.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Agmolly210 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with downloading expansion packs? I’m currently having trouble with Pets and Generations it keeps saying something went wrong and I have both of those packs help this was working fine before. EA fix your app or give us back that old Orgin app.

We have a thread for this issue on AHQ here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited January 7
    I just reported the store content uninstalling again yesterday for the nth time. I wanted to sit down and build some houses after work, instead I spent the entire afternoon wasting time to redownload and reinstall them, first with failed attempts, then I tried to do it one by one... tedious as it is... and I still haven't tested if it works. If it doesn't I might just give up playing The Sims (any kind), because I do not want to deal with that again....
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    edited January 12
    6 days later it happened again. So I looked into a method to bypass the launcher, probably a method EA isn't going to like, but you know what? I don't care. However... that didn't work.. so here I am again, wasting time.. and yes, I reported the error through the launcher again, but only half *******, because I just can't be bothered to give proper descriptions anymore.

Using the Sims 3 store in good faith was a stupid thing to do...

edit: And now even recently installed files won't stick after restarting the computer, and on top of that the store just went down or stopped working.. EA/The Sims 3.. it seems like everything just malfunctions all over the place!
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Sims 3 store content still won't install. Spamming the EA app with error reports now. It's probably to no avail...

And for the record, yes, I have cleared the IE and Microsoft Edge caches, downloaded the store content to a clean Sims 3 folder, but it just won't install....
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Are you guys ever going to fix this????????????????????????????????????? Like, seriously what is going onnn???? This is really weird :s
  • Options
    edited January 13
    *whispers*: Since I last updated the app (somewhere in december) I can play offline without being forced to first go online.
    I don´t dare to update again, it probably will cease to work. Every time I start the app I wait for it to throw a tantrum about not having access to the internet. (edit: aaand I just jinxed myself. Had to go online to "make sure it´s really me". Give me an existential crisis EA, why don´t you.)

I seriously hate this app with a passion. It looks ugly, it behaves like malware, and most of the time it doesn´t work.

In other news, the store seems to be down since yesterday. Does that have anything to do with the ongoing problems with installing store items?

Can we just have origin back, please. Never had any issues with it. :'(
    Post edited by Waterdragon on