Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The EA app and The Sims 3: how to report bugs (and why it's important).

Comments

• LmBO61LmBO61 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @StephSteb said:
    > I switched over to the EA app when I did my reinstall recently and changed right back to Origin immediately. It would not load all of my expansions and stuff packs and I couldn't get it to work so I had to go back to Origin or I wouldn't be able to play with all of my stuff in the game! I do like the interface and everything of the app, it *looks* very nice and simple but it doesn't work very nice yet. I really hope they work out all of the bugs. Thank you for posting this!

Okay. So I haven't played Sims at all for months because I was so disgusted after playing Sims 4 --giving it "the old college try"--that I didn't even want to play my beloved Sims 3.
    Now I just downloaded EA on my new desktop because the EA site is where my saved link immediately went to and I read about the switch from Origin to EA. I just downloaded Sims 3 and most of my expansions (and even thinking of purchasing some other exps). If they don't work on this new EA platform, I'm going to be banging my head on the desk and submerging myself back into the cave of NOEAGAMES. (I really am hoping that doesn't happen...sigh).
  • indiaraynaindiarayna Posts: 3 New Member
    For me the biggest problem is I’ve been trying to download my expansion packs on ea and I keep getting the “something went haywire” error. I’ve contacted the team about it but they just asked for my email and username and a picture of the error message then never responded back.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I eventually got enough of it and switched back to Origin. It is a shame that they implied that EA App is superior to Origin when one cannot even download an old game, or play it like they are supposed to. And honestly, I have never ever had any problems with Origin, I don't know why Origin being problematic is a popular opinion.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Tag365Tag365 Posts: 7 New Member
    I have this massive glitch where content from The Store that I purchased and custom content doesn't install anymore. I see a placeholder box icon for each of the downloads now. Attempting to install with this glitch causes the error message "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again." to appear for each and every item I'm trying to install in the installer. This bug needs to be fixed for me to be able to play The Sims 3 as I intended again.
    Tag365 wrote: »
    I have this massive glitch where content from The Store that I purchased and custom content doesn't install anymore. I see a placeholder box icon for each of the downloads now. Attempting to install with this glitch causes the error message "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again." to appear for each and every item I'm trying to install in the installer. This bug needs to be fixed for me to be able to play The Sims 3 as I intended again.

Yep. Everyone (almost?) has this problem with Store contents. I know two temporary solutions that might or might not work: Disabling the in-game overlay on EA App or switching back to Origin.

Also, if you stay on EA App with the first solution I offered, try restarting the launcher if you see your contents shown as not installed at first. Sometimes Store contents are shown as installed again after a restart.
    giphy.gif
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    edited November 2022
    Since I moved to the EA app I can't get sims 3 to work, every time I try to install it this appears, the base game can be installed, but not the expansions and store content and custom content, it still happens today, I really wish they fix it
    [img][/img]2ayaCbH.png
  • CAROLPRICE1963CAROLPRICE1963 Posts: 16 New Member
    I cannot log into the Sim 3 game.....why? I was able few months ago...same password and same email.
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    edited November 2022
    I cannot log into the Sim 3 game.....why? I was able few months ago...same password and same email.

I've had this same problem for at least a month and a half, one day I was logged in and like a week later I went back to play and it had logged me out (which it had done in the past on occasion) and I haven't been able to log back in sense probably early October late september.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Lamaaaay wrote: »

I've had this same problem for at least a month and a half, one day I was logged in and like a week later I went back to play and it had logged me out (which it had done in the past on occasion) and I haven't been able to log back in sense probably early October late September.

If you mean logging into the launcher then this problem goes way back. It's very frustrating I know. Can you log into the sims3 website? Sometimes clearing (all) browsers will help. Other times it just seems to fix itself. Like it is doing now with the store content. :/
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    Yeah the sims 3 store is working fine for me, which is why it's annoying because I know that the password and login info are correct. By 'clearing all browsers' do you mean like logging out and then trying to log back in? @Bluegayle
    Lamaaaay wrote: »
    Yeah the sims 3 store is working fine for me, which is why it's annoying because I know that the password and login info are correct. By 'clearing all browsers' do you mean like logging out and then trying to log back in? @Bluegayle

Clearing your browser cache on all browsers you use. Whether edge, internet explorer, chrome etc. Sims 3 used Internet Explorer and I'm guessing it never updated due to its age. However I don't think too many still use it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • kales446kales446 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, this is my first time on this forum so if I'm asking this question in the wrong place let me know! But hopefully you guys can help me! I started my family in the late night world because I wanted the story to be a single mom in New York lol. But now the twins are almost adults so I want them to move out together soon, however, the mom is pregnant. She is close to aging to elderly and I have normal lifespans on. So what I am asking is if i move the Twins out and the parents die will the baby be taken away or will the twins have a chance to have the baby moved to their household once the mother died?
    kales446 wrote: »
    Hello, this is my first time on this forum so if I'm asking this question in the wrong place let me know! But hopefully you guys can help me! I started my family in the late night world because I wanted the story to be a single mom in New York lol. But now the twins are almost adults so I want them to move out together soon, however, the mom is pregnant. She is close to aging to elderly and I have normal lifespans on. So what I am asking is if i move the Twins out and the parents die will the baby be taken away or will the twins have a chance to have the baby moved to their household once the mother died?

Well, this thread is about issues related to EA App and EA App - TS3 discussion, as its name suggests.

To answer your question, the baby will be taken away once all adults are gone from the household. I don't know how the adoption pool works in this game, but perhaps you might be able to adopt the baby, though it would become the adopter's child. What I know precisely is that you don't have the option to move the baby to your other household after the mother dies. You must do that before the mother dies.
    giphy.gif
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    To return to this issue at hand, are there any updates regarding the Store content issues with EA App? It has been more than a month since I and several others have reported this on this thread and many others, and while the DLC download issues seem like they are resolved, the Store content issues still remain, at least they remain in my case. It is really disappointing to see that for more than a month now, people who "don't pay" for this stuff are having better experience compared to people who pay. It'd be great to hear something from the team.

Not related to the Store issues, but I still want to report something else. I recently purchased EA Play (through Xbox Game Pass), and I can install and play TS3 just fine (aside from Store issues) from the EA App "My Collection" page, or through the "Installed Games" sidebar. However, when I click TS3 in my collection to open the game's page, it takes me to the TS3 Starter Pack page instead (it says "Starter Pack included with your EA Play membership" at the top). Even though the game is installed, it asks for me to download the game (on the game's page only), and when I click the "Manage" button just left of the "Download" button, there are options to "Add to collection" and "Purchase the game". I never owned TS3 Starter Pack, I own the base game and every DLC that comes with that pack through CD keys provided by Steam individually. To me it appears like me having access to EA Play confuses the EA App and takes me to the TS3 Starter Pack page instead of the TS3 individual page in the EA App, at least that is how I interpreted it. Just wanted to report this as well while I am at it.

It'd be great if you guys use EA App's Trello page more often, and use it to display issues that are currently worked on, instead of posting EA App version updates every few months.

Thank you.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    I noticed since I had to install the EA app that the game appears to run slightly smoother, and in buy mode, objects that used to rotate now spin at a much faster pace. It's not something that bothers me, it might even be better (if my game can run more smoothly), but still.. anyone from EA have an explanation for this? :P I changed nothing else about my computer and upgraded/updated nothing else but the EA app.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited December 2022
    I noticed since I had to install the EA app that the game appears to run slightly smoother, and in buy mode, objects that used to rotate now spin at a much faster pace. It's not something that bothers me, it might even be better (if my game can run more smoothly), but still.. anyone from EA have an explanation for this? :P I changed nothing else about my computer and upgraded/updated nothing else but the EA app.

Are you using Smooth Patch? It was because of that. But with a newer version, it was fixed.

Oh, and let me say EA is the worst for not fixing this Store issue for months.
    giphy.gif
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Eca Oh.. yes, of course, that might just be it! Haha, I have totally forgotten that I'm actually using the smooth patch! :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    StephSteb wrote: »
    Has this been fixed yet?

I believe they are working on this issue and others with older games. Best to stick with Origin until fixed if you want to play them. They have suspended auto updating to eaApp for now.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Has this been fixed yet?

I believe they are working on this issue and others with older games. Best to stick with Origin until fixed if you want to play them. They have suspended auto updating to eaApp for now.

I'm aware ;) I'm just going to keep posting until they fix it :D because this is ridiculous :|
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2023
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Has this been fixed yet?

I'm aware ;) I'm just going to keep posting until they fix it :D because this is ridiculous :|

I agree this is absolutely ridiculous. I've put hundreds into TS3 store content. They can't have a huge web store like this and treat it like TS2 and just take it down once it's outdated. TS2's store was small. TS3 needs to be updated so all of the DLC works with the new EA app, and I don't know why only Mac got a 64 bit upgrade. They should update it for Windows as well. Even if many bugs in the game never get fixed, with it being as expensive as it is to collect, they need to at the very least update it to just be able to run on modern machines and software.
    Any good news or stick to the bad news?
    giphy.gif
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I agree this is absolutely ridiculous. I've put hundreds into TS3 store content. They can't have a huge web store like this and treat it like TS2 and just take it down once it's outdated. TS2's store was small. TS3 needs to be updated so all of the DLC works with the new EA app, and I don't know why only Mac got a 64 bit upgrade. They should update it for Windows as well. Even if many bugs in the game never get fixed, with it being as expensive as it is to collect, they need to at the very least update it to just be able to run on modern machines and software.

The bad news is this game is over 10 years old and they have moved on to Sims4. They don't have to do anything with Sims3 anymore, and its only because of our popularity that they still keep the Sims3 stuff online instead of shutting it down like they did Sims2. They probably don't even have the same coders who worked on Sims3 anymore. It stinks, but its reality.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Sheepiling wrote: »

The bad news is this game is over 10 years old and they have moved on to Sims4. They don't have to do anything with Sims3 anymore, and its only because of our popularity that they still keep the Sims3 stuff online instead of shutting it down like they did Sims2. They probably don't even have the same coders who worked on Sims3 anymore. It stinks, but its reality.

Heya.

I promise you that we still have staff dedicated to The Sims 3 around. This issue is our current top priority for The Sims 3 and it's something that unfortunately happened while people were out of office on vacation for the holiday season.

At the moment we have multiple teams from different parts of the business engaged on this issue, hopefully I'll have more news to share soon.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png