Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Third Time's The Charm?

Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,267 Member
So, I had my Simself become the girlfriend of a Sim who was "Not In World", named by the game as one "Hideki Fujiwara". Great! Then, HE spontaneously asked the two to move in together (Not sure if this is because I have both Parenthood and Growing Together ep's, or if it's something they added to the basegame). So, I had her agree, and moved him in with her. Great!

Now, the not so great. One of his traits is Erratic. Which I thought (And so did my Simself *LOL*) actually made him kinda charming. But twice now, sim days apart, he's rolled the Want to break up with her! Twice! I just didn't fulfill it either time, and the next time he slept then woke up, the want was replaced by something else. Phew! And I mean, these two have FULL Friendship AND Romantic bars as well!

But...Now I'm wondering...

He's not rolled the want again since I had the two of them get engaged (I had her propose to him, and he gladly accepted *Surprising for a Sim that wanted to break up with her twice before that!*) and then get married. My question for my fellow Simmers here is simple...

What should I do if he rolls the want again?

Third Time's The Charm? 39 votes

Let him break up with her! A third time rolled want has got to mean something, right?
17% 7 votes
Keep them together. Though if he rolls it a fourth time...Break them up, it DOES mean something!
7% 3 votes
Keep them together, NO MATTER WHAT! They're married now! Oh and I forgot to add that she's pregnant now as well!
25% 10 votes
Keep them together but let him have an affair. Another of his traits is Bookworm, and he's noticed a librarian at Willow Creek's library is awfully cute...
15% 6 votes
Let him break up with her. Although the game says they have "Amazing Compatiability", it's obvious that he's not happy in the relationship. Perhaps he should pursue his attraction to the librarian. He could still be an awesome dad, even if the two of them don't stay together!
15% 6 votes
Other (Please elaborate in the comments section)
17% 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    I'm going to be unhelpful and say do whatever makes your story the most interesting to you. Whatever you would find the most fun to play out... go with that.

And what you find most interesting the next time you check the poll may not be what you find most interesting the next time you play. :)

That said, I never play my simself, so I never have that sort of connection to the sims I do play. (She exists in world, but I don't play her.)
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    I let them tell their stories to me so I can tell them to you. The only thing where I intervene is death.
    It's easier and more fun like this for all of us ^^'
    Sometimes I'm having a hard time accepting their decisions because I'm a control freak.
    Or it stresses me out because I don't know where it's going.
    But I learned over time that it works out somehow in the end. Much better than I could have imagined or made up.
    So I learned to trust them and listen. And it's more interesting for me.
    I can't wait to log in and see what they are up to today πŸŒ…
    And I learned to not meddle with their fate. Who knows what it's good for.
    This also gave me more peace for my own life. Don't worry too much, Lenny and stay calm ^^'
    What are you doing, Jack???
    0d6a7d844923120b429807ebd0cf7d10764a6612.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,978 Member
    Do sims get the Break Up want once they're married? I can't remember if that is a thing that happens.

Maybe he was getting cold feet before the wedding and now he's okay :)

Or maybe option #5 in your poll is starting to take on some interesting storytelling possibilities for you?

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,651 Member
    I think you might want to try and do all of the above with different saves.

You may find each option entertaining in it's own way. Plus, you will never be wondering, "what if...". B)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,914 Member
    I think my real answer should maybe have been Other.

If he rolls the want again, I would have them break up. However... if it were me, I would have him briefly date the librarian, but continue to spend lots of time with your simself because of their child. Then eventually realize that the grass is not greener, and he wants her back. During this process, I would also have him work on changing the Erratic trait to something more responsible, through either Growing Together traits gameplay, or a combination of gameplay and cheats. Then he could work hard to woo your simself back.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    Disable Wants and Fears, they are only misleading. You know your sims and what they want, the game can only make educated guesses.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 565 Member
    Disable Wants and Fears, they are only misleading. You know your sims and what they want, the game can only make educated guesses.

@EnkiSchmidt Educated? Really? Looks to me like the game got its education from Wossamotta U.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,651 Member
    Eleri wrote: Β»

@EnkiSchmidt Educated? Really? Looks to me like the game got its education from Wossamotta U.

LOL :p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,050 Member
    edited December 2023
    I think he might be distracted by other sims and I think she deserves better than to stay with person who obviously can't commit to the relationship
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    Eleri wrote: Β»

Can't argue with that :D
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    He’s Erratic…….he doesn’t know what he wants. Like others have said, choose what story line you think will be best. The wants and fears thing is rather Wonky ( rather like his Erraticness ) anyway. The thing is, can your sim self learn to live with his being Erratic without going nuts herself? Lol
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    I play semi-wants based. I don't always do what my sims want but if they continue to want something I eventually give in.

Your simself deserves someone who wants to stay with them. But also, maybe he had cold feet until they got married. Maybe he thought things were moving too fast.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I had a couple where the husband wanted to break up often, but then he got electrocuted and she was able to plead with Death to save his life. They are still together and have a kid. Sometimes those wants and fears are annoying and I get rid of them if they don't make sense in my stories. Ditto character traits.
  • Options
    jazzyrocksoul88jazzyrocksoul88 Posts: 72 Member
    I chose "other" but could've chosen "keep them together" because I always ignore the breakup whims if I the couple goes well enough together. It's probably a somewhat random whim anyway.
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!
    33%20Precious%20Saraste%20and%20Ame%20Pic_zpszjgpsupi.png

The Saraste Tales Legacy Intro
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited December 2023
    Personally, I'd totally ignore the want to break up. Sims 4 AI is primitive and fairly ludicrous, IMO. If a Sim is in a committed relationship, they will always get the want to get out of it. If they're not, they will always get the want to enter into one. It doesn't matter if the relationship (or lack thereof) is good or bad, if it fits their personality or not -- they just always want the opposite thing. If they don't have a plumbing bee-box, they'll harass you with wants to buy one until the end of time, etc.

In a nutshell, always have them do what YOU want them to do.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    If it was my game, I'd let him break up with her. His trait is erratic so even if he seems like a dream, he's unstable and will make disastrous life choices. It's his character flaw.

But you can also play it another way...if they are in complete love, you can make it so his wife keeps him grounded and works hard to stay together.

Or let them break up and then get back together eventually after he learns how dumb he was.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    What you may be missing here, is his possible sense of insecurity. Perhaps, he's been hurt before, even after a relationship got to the point where your Simself and he have gotten. So, the reaction was he was going to beat this new love to the punch. Since things obviously went wrong with a prior relationship, he's not going to be the one dumped.

Wouldn't have a thing to do with his feelings for his now wife. I think you should keep them together. They do have a child on the way, they both owe it to 'junior' to make it work.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The original name of the erratic trait was insane. Which makes me wonder if it would be considered a lawful marriage due to his not being capable of making a legally binding agreement. Likewise wonder if he really knows what he wants in any part of life. I know a fellow in RL that married a woman in the same condition and his life was miserable until she passed 11 years later. He's still trying to undo the damage. I know this is Sims, not reality, but wouldn't want that sort of thing to happen again.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,108 Member
    I play semi-wants based, so yeah, if it rolls a third time I might go with it, depending on the save. My legacy/genetacy couples are together for life - the rest, meh.