Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Really nice looking wedding venue! B)
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,434 Member
    To be honest....

Paralives has, IMO, the best gameplay systems (from patreon). And Inzoi has the best stunning graphics. I'm struggling to get excited by Life By You at this time. The other two are my current preference.

We will see when they all come out. Have to try. But LBY is losing me.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited November 2023
    What if we can import Cities Skylines maps into Life By You for new neighborhoods?

THIS is exactly what I want. The ability to use Cities Skylines Maps as a basis for a city creator for LBY.
    They should delete this video (see image below) on their youtube channel. I don't know why the most recent Character Creator video looked so good graphically but then this exists. This is scary.

g3gbr8c7j5rd.png

At the same time, graphics aren't everything. I'm gameplay-focused, I have preordered, and I'm excited to play LBY at launch.

Uh, I think I’ve seen those in real life.

Doesn’t put me off the game. I’m sure they’re working on the graphics too prior to release considering they delayed from September early access.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I seem to recall the horror of the Joker effect about TS4 Sims that has been complained about since day one, and never adjusted that wide, frozen smile on character faces. Yeah, let's not go there again. Maxis doesn't seem to get it at all though there have been dozens of threads complaining about it by thousands of people.

This smile?
    01-03-15_10-15nbspPM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Like @Cinebar says, that’s tame compared to the “forced smiles” I’ve seen on Sims 4 sims. The only plus-side is that with the push pull CAS you can force them out of the default “psychopathic smile”.

I’ve got a few screencaps of Sims 4 with the frozen (what I call disturbingly Joker-esque) smiles that look like they were part of a Tim Burton movie.

And no, I don’t have the Strangerville pack. Only the base game and that was only after they made it permanently free. The Strangerville pack amplified the original Joker-smiles up x200%.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Diamondback7TCDiamondback7TC Posts: 20 Member
    I prefer Sims, because they're experienced. So, I'm picking The Sims 5.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,226 Member
    To be honest....

Paralives has, IMO, the best gameplay systems (from patreon). And Inzoi has the best stunning graphics. I'm struggling to get excited by Life By You at this time. The other two are my current preference.

We will see when they all come out. Have to try. But LBY is losing me.

I see what you mean .O used to have interests here,but after the pushbaxk.Us having multiple life simulation games.I am indifferent still buy it.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I'm the opposite the pushback of early access made want Life by You even more they took so much of the community feedback and implemented it into the game already. I think a lot of those who are against Life by You are taking offense to the look of the characters expecting character art and animations to be completely polished and complete even before early access and long before the full release of the game.

Now if in another 6-7 months the characters and animation still look bad I will join in with the everything must look pretty crowd but as of now game play and systems will be my top priority polished art is an easier fix that can be done near the end.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 788 Member
    I'll be getting Life By You as long as they implement a lot of gameplay. It doesn't have great graphics,but neither did Sims 1 or Untitled Goose Game,and look how popular those were.Sims 1 and Untitled Goose Game has a lot of fun gameplay-it didn't need ground-breaking graphics to a fun game. Look at how well Undertale sold,despite it having lackluster graphics. It was popular because of how fun the gameplay was;the same goes for DeltaRune.Minecraft doesn't have great graphics,but it still sells well because of all the gameplay in it.

You can't judge a game by its looks-look at Need For Speed,Resident Evil 6 and No Man's Sky-they all had great graphics but the gameplay was just abysmal. Don't judge Life By You on the graphics-judge it on the gameplay.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    I'll be getting Life By You as long as they implement a lot of gameplay. It doesn't have great graphics,but neither did Sims 1 or Untitled Goose Game,and look how popular those were.Sims 1 and Untitled Goose Game has a lot of fun gameplay-it didn't need ground-breaking graphics to a fun game. Look at how well Undertale sold,despite it having lackluster graphics. It was popular because of how fun the gameplay was;the same goes for DeltaRune.Minecraft doesn't have great graphics,but it still sells well because of all the gameplay in it.

You can't judge a game by its looks-look at Need For Speed,Resident Evil 6 and No Man's Sky-they all had great graphics but the gameplay was just abysmal. Don't judge Life By You on the graphics-judge it on the gameplay.

I think that's not a good cparrispns.Undertale,Goosegane and minecraft are still passable.

Graphics still have to be passable.I should not get incany valley by looking at your characteres.Graphics are important still.

Now Life By you besides the graphics.Yhere is nothing they offer bit gimmicks? Yes its cool that we xan mod,place lots everywhere and can control anyone .

What do they offered that makes them uniqued?What is a deep about personalities or how they intereact.What so deep about the gameplay?We don't really have anything to revelionary.I do think graphics are going to improve and still will biy it?But right now there's not really anything that's making them stand out?
  • Options
    edited December 2023

I fully agree:
    dmb2b5lc02x9.png
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

I fully agree:
    dmb2b5lc02x9.png

yes, all of this! These are my main concerns with LBY at this point.
  • Options
    Yah I like the cooking mechanics and needed to go to the store.I really hope we have buying items in cash register.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 57 Member
    It's very simular to the sims 2 where you had to go to the supermarket lots to buy your groceries, or have them delivered. you could literally run out of food
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Yes. They need to work on animations though. So far, there is also no interaction with a cashier. it'd be nice to see the humans hold little baskets like they did in TS2 and actually be rung up by an emplyee.
  • Options
    It seems pretty much everyone is in agreement they need to add in working cash registers. What they have is nice I for one am glad to see a fridge that is not endlessly supplied with free food and the ability to go purchase everything to cook which is great but it's missing the character interaction experience I want to see with cash registers. It's got the self-checkout experience minus the self-checkout and someone staring you down as you do it.

I wonder how everything looks now since the video mentioned they were using an older build of the game for this video.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    It seems pretty much everyone is in agreement they need to add in working cash registers. What they have is nice I for one am glad to see a fridge that is not endlessly supplied with free food and the ability to go purchase everything to cook which is great but it's missing the character interaction experience I want to see with cash registers. It's got the self-checkout experience minus the self-checkout and someone staring you down as you do it.

I wonder how everything looks now since the video mentioned they were using an older build of the game for this video.
    I hope we get animations.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I think that's not a good cparrispns.Undertale,Goosegane and minecraft are still passable.

Graphics still have to be passable.I should not get incany valley by looking at your characteres.Graphics are important still.

Now Life By you besides the graphics.Yhere is nothing they offer bit gimmicks? Yes its cool that we xan mod,place lots everywhere and can control anyone .

What do they offered that makes them uniqued?What is a deep about personalities or how they intereact.What so deep about the gameplay?We don't really have anything to revelionary.I do think graphics are going to improve and still will biy it?But right now there's not really anything that's making them stand out?

This is how I feel about all of the life sims coming out. Even inzoi, as pretty as it looks, kind of offers nothing. And certainly nothing unique or captivating. No unique or meaningful interactions or gameplay that makes you say WOW. And they all seem to lack animations.
    Even if the sims is not perfect, it's the only one that has made me say WOW😱 so far. Or made me laugh or amused or engaged.
    And still brings surprises all the time.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I just saw the cooking video. One of the most important things to me in a game is the well done animations. It's something I just really enjoy watching. I was wondering if we would see some improvements but the animations are so weird, so rough, so unappealing, that this game officially checks off of my list. The transition between animations is so bad too and I felt physical pain watching her get on and ride that bike. In some parts the animations are too slow and yet too fast in others.
    Even the way she stands is unatttactive.
    It really makes me appreciate what the sims team put into nice animations.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
  • Options
    Plus I don't see the point of riding to the grocery store with zero interactions besides staring at the shelves. In that case I'd rather get delivery 😅
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I don’t like this, I don’t like this one bit! The shadows on the face. The eyes.

h42hgvg63nnn.jpeg
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • Options
    I like this improvement to the art style that a redditor made. lm8ksdq74d68.jpeg
  • Options
    oh wow, yeah that edit is way better
  • Options
    I'm liking the camera options and the phone menu poses have been confirmed for early access so that's nice to have the community will be easily able to add more to it.

Such a huge improvement on ground covering the grass looks so much better than it did on the announcement trailer the short grass looked painted on before and the longer grass had terrible texture looks finished now.

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I've been playing Runescape and it totally reminds me of how that life-by-you looks.

the way the guy in the picture looks reminds me of Sims 1 when you could put a photo of someone's real face on them and stylise it, which might be why they look a bit weird when they talk to each other, because the face is a stylised photo.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top