Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get crops planted other than having a sim plant them? If there are crop plants in debug, I am not finding them. Thanks for the help!

There are a couple of debug giant crops that you can put on the plots that came with Cottage Living, but otherwise no. You'll need a sim on the lot to do the planting. Careful though, waiting for the plants to be harvestable will increase your lot cost.

First, thanks very much for the quick response. I do have Cottage Living, but i did not see the giant crops. What category do you find them in? Sounds like I need to make a planting/farmer group. How is that going to affect the lot cost? My farm is pretty big (as is most everything I do), so I am thinking it will take them days to plant.
  • Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    Is there a way to get crops planted other than having a sim plant them? If there are crop plants in debug, I am not finding them. Thanks for the help!

There are base game rows of cabbages in debug. They're not harvestable in game as far as I know, but they'd work as space fillers to significantly cut down on your planting time.

I made a build with them a while back if you want to take a look: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D33F62E7AC5F11EB8449E59CA32C0F74
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member

There are base game rows of cabbages in debug. They're not harvestable in game as far as I know, but they'd work as space fillers to significantly cut down on your planting time.

I made a build with them a while back if you want to take a look: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D33F62E7AC5F11EB8449E59CA32C0F74

These are the ones I meant - for some reason I was thinking they were from CotL. Probably because they're in rows.

I'm also not sure how much of a difference the crops will make, depends on which ones are used, probably.
    image.png
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 274 Member
    @BuildnShare Hello, I am quite interested in your challenge, although I have ran into a few questions I am hoping someone could kindly assist me
    -Will the farm crops and plants need to be real from in-game live play? or stationary ones for looks would suffice?
    -When exactly does the entry form need to be submitted, and where do I send it, do I re-post it here?
    -When it says still frame photos will be judged, only 2 photos, or as many as it takes to showcase?
    -I live in the U.s.a, will my deadline still be the same-OCTOBER 31st?

Thank you for your time : )
  • Options
    @BuildnShare Hello, I am quite interested in your challenge, although I have ran into a few questions I am hoping someone could kindly assist me
    -Will the farm crops and plants need to be real from in-game live play? or stationary ones for looks would suffice?
    -When exactly does the entry form need to be submitted, and where do I send it, do I re-post it here?
    -When it says still frame photos will be judged, only 2 photos, or as many as it takes to showcase?
    -I live in the U.s.a, will my deadline still be the same-OCTOBER 31st?

Thank you for your time : )

1. Real is preferred - even if you can only use basegame plants like pear, lemon, and cherry - you can make an orchard. You don't have to wait for them to be harvestable, just tell us what they're supposed to be.
    2. Whenever you finish it so long as it's before the deadline. Say you build all of this week and finish your slideshow on the 20th, you could submit it then. (I"m not saying you have to finish in one week, just to be clear. Just copy and paste the entry form into the comment box and post it in this thread. If you look back through the thread, you'll see how others have done it in the past.
    3. As many as it takes to showcase. 2 won't give the judges much to go on. A project this size might easily generate dozens of screenshots. The 2 in the entry form are meant as a "here's a preview of what I built, come see the full slideshow!"
    4. Yes, the deadline is the same for everyone - Midnight in NewYork on the 31st.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @SimTresa Thank you for the info : )) Also, so without moving the exterior walls, can I change the inside wall layout, like re-design the floor plan layout/rooms etc?

Also, Can I add buildings? or, just the basement?
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    @iampes23 here is a picture of what I did for my farm. I used the debug cabbage and only planted a few crops that I found in the hidden objects debug. I always like to playtest my build so I hired a gardener to take care of them. For this build I also hired a ranch hand.
    RA3XKhI.png
    @_DelilahsRose_ I will plan on uploading my farm shortly, hopefully that will help answer some of your questions. I also hope extra buildings are allowed because I added a couple of them, lol.
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #178 -Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Red Roan Field in Chestnut Ridge
    NEW LOT LINK: Harvestfest Family Farm
    LOT COST: $7000.00
    GALLERY COST: $184,362.00
    TOTAL COST: $191,362.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    BnS #178 - Fall Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: Wow, this was a big project! I hope I don't overwhelm the judges with pictures, but I chose to build on Red Roan Field so that gave me a lot of space to fill. I added a fully stocked fish pond, as requested. My fully working farm contains horses, mini sheep, mini goats, chickens, bees, a greenhouse as well as oversized crops. The barn walls remain the same but I have customized the roof to add a sheltered space for the horses below and have filled the barn with skill building items for sims to try such as woodworking, juice fizzing and nectar making. The Hayloft has been filled with a few fun things for kids or adults to have a sleepover party if they like. The farmhouse has 4 bedrooms, 2 and a half bathrooms, a laundry/mudroom combo, office, open concept living and kitchen area as well as a formal dining room, butler's pantry and a playroom for the children. The farm is decorated for a Harvestfest Celebration party. I have added a gazebo that has a dance floor as well as a buffet table. A fire pit, pumpkin carving stations, a popcorn stand, and a photobooth where sims can take pictures surrounded by pumpkins and bales. This project was a lot of fun. Thank you @BuildnShare
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6rexosu.png
    WoMDlsA.png
  • Options
    @SimTresa Thank you for the info : )) Also, so without moving the exterior walls, can I change the inside wall layout, like re-design the floor plan layout/rooms etc?

Also, Can I add buildings? or, just the basement?

Yes you can change the interior walls however you want. And since the extra abuildings aren't forbidden, you can add any as long as they fit your budget.
    image.png
  • Options
    TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited October 2023
    FORUM ID: TwtyBrd0707
    ORIGIN ID: FairyGirl_Em89
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Red Roan Field
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3534FCBE95524EBE8CBC73DE072B690D?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns178&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 7,000
    GALLERY COST: 131,495
    TOTAL COST: 138,495
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAYjwF
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went for a more rustic and simple but somewhat modern farmhouse. The inside of the house is where the fall colors are represented more. I wanted to include chickens, a horse, sheep and goats. I attached a garden to one side of the barn. There is a patio area out back which includes a pergola and grill. The pond is stocked with fish. I loved throwing pumpkins and leaves everywhere and making this house fall themed. I thought I had put my photo album in order, but it looks like it changed up the order of my pictures, so I'm sorry for that.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

53256187759_b270fa818d_w.jpgFront View by dixone2448, on Flickr

53254951987_ae82a98630_w.jpgFront of Barn in Fall by dixone2448, on Flickr

I fixed the wall missing from above the barn opening after I saw the picture. There is a full wall now and no gap above the entrance.
    Post edited by TwtyBrd0707 on
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited October 2023
    Awesome builds, everyone B)<3! I'm taking pictures tomorrow of my build which I just put in the gallery.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited October 2023
    CHALLENGE #178 --- Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Just for Fun (because I'm so busy!)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Biscuit’s Bastion in Chestnut Ridge
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3A90AF20BD3D42AB9D275CA9EBCECD4B?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Build cost: §249,996
    Lot Cost: §3,000
    TOTAL COST: §246,996
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/GNcOaWV
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Lundy family loves their comfy farmhouse! Pumpkin Pie the barn cat, Don’t Eat Me Barn Cat the fish, Applejack the horse and How Now Brown Cow, as well as a slew of chickens/chicks all love the parents’ Jack and Jill and their daughters, Addisyn and Adrienne. The makeshift ladder leading up to the barn’s upper loft is cozy. The harvest will be in about two days, so the entire family is very busy this weekend.
    Notes:
    Note 1: be sure to look under the top of the barn roof on with no walls up!
    Note 2: The crops have stopped blossoming again since I got in-game to take more pictures, but I do have one shot from the other day that shows all the crops. My build in the gallery also has all of them in full bloom.
    Note 3: "Tell us which crops you used if they’re not fully grown."
    There are 8 rows in total. So, from left to right directly next to the gold truck:
    First row: pumpkin, pumpkin, carrot, carrot, carrot, carrot, grape, grape, grape, grape.
    Second row: pumpkin, pumpkin, carrot, carrot, grape, grape, grape, grape, grape, grape.
    Third row: pumpkin, pumpkin, mushroom, mushroom, mushroom, mushroom, grape, grape, grape, grape
    Forth row: pumpkin, pumpkin, mushroom, mushroom, mushroom, mushroom, grape, grape, grape, grape
    Fifth row: lettuce, lettuce, mushroom mushroom, grape, grape, grape, grape, grape, grape
    Sixth row: lettuce, lettuce, mushroom mushroom, grape, grape, grape, grape, grape, grape
    Seventh row: mushroom, aubergine, basil, sage, apple, apple, catnip, grape
    Eighth row: mushroom, aubergine, parsley, garlic, apple, apple, grape, grape
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uhP44KP.png
    street view at sunset
    zI5qY6W.png
    the fall kitchen, including a feature wall
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Can the house be rotated if necessary?
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks everyone for the help! I never did find those cabbages. Finally, I typed debug into the search, and towards the bottom of that page are fruits and veggies and trees that seem to work with the crop plots. I have not gotten to the point where I can play test yet, so I am not sure if they still have to be planted or not. While they are not free, they are very reasonably priced. Hopefully this helps someone else who can't find the cabbages either :D
  • Options
    Can the house be rotated if necessary?

Yes it can.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM <3

FORUM ID: _DelilahsRose_
    ORIGIN ID: DelilahsRose
    LEVEL: {Leaving Blank}
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Red Roan Field in Chestnut Ridge
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/932A757D65914868B1F987CB89F94675?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 7,000 Simoleons
    GALLERY COST: 162,111 Simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 169,111 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720312791427
    ENTRY DETAILS: ~Autumn Farmhouse~ Cozy up during the cool, breezy Autumn nights, featuring this fall-themed farmhouse & barn. I definitely wanted to capture the essence of Autumn in every room, & every space of this build. I envisioned a cozy family home with your beloved horses & chickens. I added swan, fish, & bees. I made a garden with crops such as pumpkins, carrots, & watermelons, even a small sunflower garden.
    The farmhouse features 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a study, laundry room, family room, loft and plenty of porch space to carve pumpkins or enjoy the fireflies. No CC was used. I used a few debug items. I hope you enjoy ~Made with love by me!~
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Of Course!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None/No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    utCMdC2.png
    mZughW5.png
    Facebook: N/a
    Twitter: N/a -I do not have either-just my profiles in my signature : )
    Post edited by _DelilahsRose_ on
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2023

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Totter Park in Copperdale
    NEW LOT LINK: Autumn Country Ranch
    LOT COST: 0
    GALLERY COST: $160,051
    TOTAL COST: $160,051
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/AQ5kf7D
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a fun family home that is perfect for #fall . The autumn leaves just pop on this two story residential home. There's a barn for horses or goats and sheep. There's also a house for chickens too! Ample garden and vineyard. The barn has a space on top to sell wine or juice. Pops of pumpkins are all over.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None/No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

RjvCt1Y.png

Fn5Xfxd.png

Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    FORUM ID: healthxsims
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL: Starting out (or that's what I was placed to in #176)
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] Olde Mill Hill in Henford-on-Bagley
    NEW LOT LINK: Mediterranean Ranch
    LOT COST: 11 000
    GALLERY COST: 233 798
    TOTAL COST: 244 798
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9v9RLaR
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go for a slightly unconventional style of a ranch - mediterranean. Please note that while I tried my best, not everything might be accurate to the style, as I rely on the internet and I'm not an expert. I hope I did the style justice.
    This beautiful mediterranean ranch farmhouse is ready for fall ! Two entrances, front and back. Lots of space for horses and farming & gardening along with other animals, there's a spacious main building with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. There's also a craftroom, office and a mudroom with laundry (I finally bought laundry day too lol)! The barn has a garage and can be used as a guesthouse or a ranch hand's (etc) apartment, with open-able windows on the roof. There's a nice stable and a greenhouse with lots of farming space, with beehives scattered around the crops to boost gameplay. The chickens also have their own little pasture, and there's a cute pond for fishing. Also has a small gazebo in the front.
    Note: I usually write a sort of story and lots of descriptions, but I'm not feeling so good and it's almost 3am here so not this time :/
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Front of the lot in summer
    https://imgur.com/5f1qWSg

Front of the lot in fall
    https://imgur.com/Z0uSupN
  • Options
    I'm convinced imgur hates me by now. And also I know the picture links for the 2 pics in that comment don't seem to load preview but I'm too tired and feel too horrible to fix that (it didn't let me attach the pictures for some reason). Sorry.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I'm convinced imgur hates me by now. And also I know the picture links for the 2 pics in that comment don't seem to load preview but I'm too tired and feel too horrible to fix that (it didn't let me attach the pictures for some reason). Sorry.

When you click a picture to get a link, Imgur should give you a list of options, including BB Code (Message Boards/Forums). Using that option gives you links you can just copy and paste into the message so the screenshot is visible. You can also edit the links you used like this [img.]https://linkhere.jpg[./img] Without the periods - those are just so the code will show.
    image.png
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    edited October 2023
    FORUM ID: Wildlings
    ORIGIN ID: mandacaju
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Olde Mill Hill in Henford-on-Bagley
    NEW LOT LINK: gallery link
    LOT COST: 11,000
    GALLERY COST: 155,398
    TOTAL COST: 166,398

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: link
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Built for a family with couple + toddler twins + children and pre-teen + elder grandma
    Has vineyard, barn with cows, coop, pumpkin patch, fishing pond

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: please

f81fsFo.png

• Options
    SimTresa wrote: »

When you click a picture to get a link, Imgur should give you a list of options, including BB Code (Message Boards/Forums). Using that option gives you links you can just copy and paste into the message so the screenshot is visible. You can also edit the links you used like this [img.]https://linkhere.jpg[./img] Without the periods - those are just so the code will show.

Thank you! I might edit it once I'm back home and have a computer in front of me (traveling rn). Before I have been able to insert the images without problems but this time it just didn't want me to lol.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #176 - For the Family
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Starting out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rio Verde - in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Name: Skyward Palms Farm
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/762D64FD264C4366B33B1AF49759FF96?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 6500
    GALLERY COST: 227,196
    TOTAL COST: 233,696
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1AnNEqC
    ENTRY DETAILS: (I don't have either of the packs: Cottage Living or Horse Ranch, so I made a Crops Farm.)
    Skyward Palms farm is located in the sunny Oasis Springs - the autumn is pleasant in here, thanks to the warmer climate. Even if it would look like it's still summer, there's definitely great autumn vibes here! Crops are grown in the small field & in a greenhouse. There are fruit trees, berries, vegetables and herbs, many different kinds. In the barn there are a fizzing station, a woodworking table, a flower arranging table, gardening supplies, storage space; and on the loft of the barn there's more space for hobbies. The farmhouse is cozy & has plenty of space for a big family: there are 4 bedrooms & 4.5 bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 0dTioZo.png
    bYyLyJK.png
    Facebook: -
    Twitter: -

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top