The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #178 Fall Designer Showdown
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Von Hund estate (large 64x64 lot in brindleton bay)
    NEW LOT LINK: I have CC, so no link

Build cost 168040
    Lot Cost 12000
    TOTAL COST:180040
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/AK3wg2e
    :
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC from lavilikesims Syboubou and DOT

Welcome to Hayward Orchard and Tree Farm. Here they grow many trees to sell throughout the year. They also have plenty of apple trees across the property for a great apple harvest festival and apple-picking events throughout the fall. A paddock and horse ring for the family's two horses are in the back of the property. Above the barn is a small apartment for their live-in hand, Tommy, who helps around the place.

EVaZj0B.png
    mJCZktC.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,289 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I'm convinced imgur hates me by now. And also I know the picture links for the 2 pics in that comment don't seem to load preview but I'm too tired and feel too horrible to fix that (it didn't let me attach the pictures for some reason). Sorry.

When you click a picture to get a link, Imgur should give you a list of options, including BB Code (Message Boards/Forums). Using that option gives you links you can just copy and paste into the message so the screenshot is visible. You can also edit the links you used like this [img.]https://linkhere.jpg[./img] Without the periods - those are just so the code will show.

Thank you! I might edit it once I'm back home and have a computer in front of me (traveling rn). Before I have been able to insert the images without problems but this time it just didn't want me to lol.

You're welcome!
    image.png
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BNS #178 Fall Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    jWFndos.jpg

Your next client is running a little late, and you’re just about to ask Karl to confirm the appointment when your door bursts open and a woman comes in, long dark braids flying out behind her.
    “I’m so sorry I’m late. I had this idea I just had to write down before I forgot. You know how it is, being a creative person yourself,” she explains quickly, taking a seat.
    “No problem at all, Ms. Schreiber. I do understand. Now how can i help you?”
    Dalanda Schreiber leans forward, brown eyes bright in her brown face. “I’ve lost my muse, and my home all at once. You see, I’m a writer, so publishing new works is my livelihood. But lately I’ve been very uninspired. Then my landlord decided to kick me out because his nephew needs the big old house I was renting more than I do, apparently.”
    “I’m very sorry to hear that,” you say sympathetically. Life can be so unfair. “You’d like me to build you a new home then?”
    “Yes, please! I do have som requirements, though. I’m hoping if it looks like something out of a story - any kind of story - it’ll inspire me to get back to writing. A hidden passage or secret room won’t hurt - I always loved reading about those.”
    “I think we can work with that,” you say. “Anything in particular you want in this hidden room? Where will the hidden passage lead to?”
    “Oh, surprise me. I love surprises. A gym, a solarium, a little reading nook - that reminds me. I’ll need space to store all my books. I do love the feel of a real novel in my hands and the smell of the pages, don’t you? None of those ebooks and ereaders. And I’ll need a place to write, too. They can be one and the same or two separate spaces.”
    You note all of this down. “How many bedrooms did you have in mind?”
    “Oh, three should be plenty. At least two bathrooms. And I love most colors.
    “All right. And your budget?”
    “I have $175000 set aside for this, will that be enough?”
    “Yes. We’ll get right on this and have your new home ready in the month.”
    “Wonderful! I didn’t want to spend too much time imposing on friends.” Dalanda Schreiber gets up as if a weight has been lifted from her shoulders and gives a cheerful wave as she turns ot leave.

The Brief:
    Budget: 175000
    Build a house inspired by a story - any type of story - to help Dalanda get her inspiration back. It could be a fairytale cottage, or a spooky old house right out of a murder mystery, or a rustic farmhouse or a miniature castle - the sky’s the limit. Or rather, your budget and creativity are.
    Include plenty of shelving or a library for Dalanda’s book collection. The writing desk may be in the library or in a separate study/den. Or even in the secret room.
    Include a secret passage or a door leading to a hidden room that can’t be accessed any other way. This room can be whatever you want it to be.
    The house should have at least three bedrooms and two baths align with a kitchen, dining room and living room.
    Remember to landscape.
    The Sim Challenge:
    Create Dalanda Schreiber. You can pick all traits, likes, dislikes, and other details. Show her enjoying her new home.

The Room Challenge:
    Create the hidden room. Remmber, this room can be whatever you like - gym, reading nook, a place to store favorite souvenirs, a vampire lair, etc. Be creative! Budget; 20000

Remember to include the hashtag #bns179 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Thursday, 3oth November 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 289 Member
    Hello, a couple quick questions @BuildnShare ...
    -
    Just to clarify, I see a room budget & I see a house budget...so Is the total budget 195,000?
    Or is the total 175,000 & 20,000 is allotted towards the hidden room?

Also, will the house uploaded in its entirety in the gallery be sufficient, or are you looking for the house uploaded in its entirety-AND the hidden room uploaded separately?

Thank you for your time
  • Options
    Hello, a couple quick questions @BuildnShare ...
    -
    Just to clarify, I see a room budget & I see a house budget...so Is the total budget 195,000?
    Or is the total 175,000 & 20,000 is allotted towards the hidden room?

Also, will the house uploaded in its entirety in the gallery be sufficient, or are you looking for the house uploaded in its entirety-AND the hidden room uploaded separately?

Thank you for your time

The total amoutn for the build is 175,000. If you decide to do only the room, you have 20,000 to work with. But it doesn't have to be exactly that much if you do the whole build.

If you're building the whole house, then one upload is enough. If you want to enter the room challenge as well as the build challenge, you'll have to upload the hidden room separately. So it would be uploaded with the house for the build challenge and by itself for the room challenge.
    image.png
  • Options
    Thank you @SimTresa !! Oh, is the entry form the same across the board? Or will it be a new one soon tba?

Use the entry forms on the first page, they're not changing. The room and sim entry forms are below the build entry form.
    image.png
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited November 2023
    I am entering this for the first time. I finished my house and my sim yesterday. Because the forums were down I couldn’t reference what I didn’t snap a picture of so I put a computer in one of the rooms originally, only to find out later, no electronic stuff! I took the computer out of the house but I am worried I will have to re-do all of the upstairs pics of her using her house due to the computer being there at the time. What do you think? Also are the entry forms pretty stress free and self explanatory? Do I post my sim to the online gallery with the same hashtag? Do I post the pictures here? Etc, I’m so worried that I’m going to get something wrong. I know the other builds will blow mine out of the water but I am just happy to participate.

Edit: am I only supposed to post two pictures of her enjoying her house? Lots of questions! Sorry!
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    I am entering this for the first time. I finished my house and my sim yesterday. Because the forums were down I couldn’t reference what I didn’t snap a picture of so I put a computer in one of the rooms originally, only to find out later, no electronic stuff! I took the computer out of the house but I am worried I will have to re-do all of the upstairs pics of her using her house due to the computer being there at the time. What do you think? Also are the entry forms pretty stress free and self explanatory? Do I post my sim to the online gallery with the same hashtag? Do I post the pictures here? Etc, I’m so worried that I’m going to get something wrong. I know the other builds will blow mine out of the water but I am just happy to participate.

Hello and welcome! We judge solely on your slideshow, what we see there is what we go on so it's important to get your pics good and organised. The entry forms are very self-explanatory but if in doubt have a look at how others fill in their entry forms. When you upload for our challenges please use the hashtag which is current, ie this month's one will be #bns179 and next month will be #bns180 etc (they are always on the challenge description). On the entry form you are allowed to post a maximum of two pictures. Enjoy and please don't worry about anything :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #174 - Generational Renovation
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Hello and welcome! We judge solely on your slideshow, what we see there is what we go on so it's important to get your pics good and organised. The entry forms are very self-explanatory but if in doubt have a look at how others fill in their entry forms. When you upload for our challenges please use the hashtag which is current, ie this month's one will be #bns179 and next month will be #bns180 etc (they are always on the challenge description). On the entry form you are allowed to post a maximum of two pictures. Enjoy and please don't worry about anything :)

Thanks so much for responding! About the slideshow, where do I post that? If it is the same thing as the gallery listing pictures, is there a way to change those?
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
  • Options
    @fujicakes1 copy and paste the link for your slideshow on the entry form where it says 'Link to Entry Slideshow'. The Gallery link can be pasted where it says 'New Lot Link' :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare I see, I create a folder on the image hosting
    Site for thé slideshow! Great! Thanks so much, again
  • Options
    By the way, I've edited the storyline a little to clarify that Dalanda only dislikes ereaders and ebooks. Not computers. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare lol! I just finished all of my new screenshots! But that's ok, I didn't mind. I would have submitted it yesterday but my partner and I were on a super fun day / night trip. The perfect trip, I loved it. Anyway, I'm about to fill out the stuff and post things...here goes...I hope I don't miss anything. :#
  • Options
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #179 -Finding Inspiration
    FORUM ID: fujicakes1
    ORIGIN ID: fujicakes1
    LEVEL:
    Tranquil Crescent in Newcrest (Lot you build on)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4D460B3F981643898498FB1854D6298C
    LOT COST: 2,500
    GALLERY COST: 163,467
    TOTAL COST: 165,967
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/NnQv0J (maybe order it from oldest to newest?)
    ENTRY DETAILS: It is miniature, slightly modernized model of the castle that a king gifted his daughter, as a sort of very elaborate playhouse. Complete with secret room. :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes, please. I am very new to building and I do not have a lot of experience or knowledge.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc or recolors
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)

11-04-23-10-27-30-AM.png

11-04-23-10-47-56-AM.png
  • Options
    I am sooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooo nervous, I am shaking. :# I'm sure that I got something wrong and I know that my build is not good and I don't know how to landscape. Maybe from doing these challenges I can learn.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,390 Member
    @fujicakes1 congrats on your first entry! 🙂 The kitchen is my favorite. Love the vine across the window.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Thanks so much for your kind words! After doing so many (admittedly beginner level) builds over the past few days I needed a little inspiration so I thought these challenges would be a good way to find that. And it really did jump-start my creativity again. These challenges are such a great idea. I think they will push me to things that I maybe wouldn't have thought of otherwise, which is fantastic.
  • Options
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrant for #178 Fall Designer Showdown

Your result is now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #177 - A Home for Everyone

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #178 - Fall Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 59 Member
    I have way too many ideas for this challenge :D Really struggling to choose a spesific theme or inspiration. Maybe I'll combine different ones or something. Also very excited to see what ya'll come up with!
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'm excited to see everyone's entries as well! I'm working on a mermaid theme <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top