Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,657 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #179 -Finding Inspiration
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just for fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chieftain's Villa in Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: The Secret Grotto
    LOT COST: $5000.00
    GALLERY COST:
    $87,496.00
    TOTAL COST: $93,496.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #179 - Finding inspiration
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tucked away in a quiet corner of Sulani you will find the new home for Dalanda Schreiber. It is a small beach shack, on a tiny private island surrounded by its own saltwater pool. The pool does not look as natural as a pond would have been, but I wanted to make it swimmable as well as add underwater decorations. The shack is rustic but has all the amenities one needs to survive. The lot traits are homey, geothermal, and a private dwelling. It is a perfect little spot for a fisherman or someone who desires privacy while they focus on writing their book. Unfortunately this home does not have three bedrooms and therefore doesn't meet the criteria for the challenge. I still wanted to share my build with you as I fell in love with the "secret room". I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I wont go into detail here, but if I have peaked your interest feel free to click on the slideshow link and check it out.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    wM6Bssl.png
    Shhh, this one is a secret
    9CDhIKO.png
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 279 Member
    FORUM ID: _DelilahsRose_
    ORIGIN ID: DelilahsRose
    LEVEL: (Leaving Blank-this is my 2nd challenge, I do not have first results as of now}
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Pier Palace in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7BFAA293CF8948A99C2380200E62A035?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 150,721
    TOTAL COST: 152,721
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB3YUH
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dalanda Schreiber has lost almost everything. Through perseverance & humbleness, she has re-paved her path. Her new home, Diamond Skies Lane, tells a story of starting over, & that it is always alright to do so. This home was a place made for her to have a clean-blank slate. A place to clear her mind of the clutter and chaos of everyday, & to create again. She reads, writes, meditates, swims laps, paints, bakes, lounges by the beach, and then tucks away in her study to let her creative imagination come to life again. I hope you enjoy-made with love!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Etl7naG.png
    6ZTDH4a.png
    Facebook: N/a
    Twitter: N/a
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL: {Leaving Blank}
    HOUSEHOLD: Dalanda Schreiber
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/81BCBE64AFCD4FD982ECAA0465DF9AC0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720312810568
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    ~Dalanda Schreiber...humble, confident, perseverant. She is well loved for her creative writing, intellectual outlooks, & ability to be adaptive-as she is now starting over, on a clean, blank slate.~
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM YES
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    noEjEcE.png
    hhH5eCl.png
    Facebook: N/a
    Twitter: N/a
  • Options
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #179 - Finding Inspiration
    LEVEL: {Leaving Blank}
    ROOM:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0DBF379417384A158250D548A740CAEE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 16,202 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720312794637
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dalanda Schreiber's secret room. A place to quietly write, read, & meditate. Cozy & tucked away. Made with love!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    o2tgrkk.png
    yIkM25b.png
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2023
    Really beautiful builds! I might not have enough time to finish mine :/ Irl has been really busy.
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2023
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] Moonwood Mill Prowler's Patch
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3876D783B54E4C6FA3D609D0C9836E97?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3,765
    GALLERY COST: $166,226
    TOTAL COST: $169,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/YHWQyp0
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dalanda Schreiber is a writer of fiction, most are considered to be period or historical type murders or mysteries. She lives alone, but she often has her divorced sister and two nieces over for the weekend. The home created for her is a small castle with a secret door to a secret basement. The castle is also surrounded by a moat for authenticity and privacy. Antiques and climbing outdoor plants help to make this new build feel old and loved.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM No thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,117 Member
    @healthxsims --- I hope you can finish in time <3! Sending hugs <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Great builds, everyone B)<3!

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS179 -Finding Inspiration
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    ROOM: Big Bad Turkey
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/64C9C82B02064A3288793ECBD78BAD14?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §19,986
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/mLMUyx0
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    You know the story "The Three Little Pigs". Well, now, just in time for Thanksgiving, we have a Big Bad Turkey, instead! Did you know that turkeys can climb trees to avoid predators while asleep so that means they can climb a chimney --- However, it was a mean turkey, so it got the same fate as the wolf. This hidden room has a tasty ending for any Sims present.

Dalanda Schreiberher is going liven up her hairstyle. It comes in an identical hairdo in bright colors, so she’s planning to dye her hair to match her jacket as soon as she’s settled into her new home.
    Note:
    I placed a chimney on the room's roof directly above the "boiling pot."
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    B7dI9aK.png
    showing most of the room --- It's turkey catching time for Dalanda Schreiber! Can't escape in the Glade!
    KmwPY6a.png
    bird's eye view of the room
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Sneak peek! I managed to finish my build (thanks for the cheering, it really helped! <3 ), now I just need to take all the screenshots tomorrow :D
    At73kQ5.png
  • Options
    You're welcome @healthxsims :)! I knew you could do it! Great "sneak peek" B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    For Fun , BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #179
    Finding Inspiration
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tails End in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: Tail's Happy Ending
    LOT COST: For Fun ( I went Over Budget )
    GALLERY COST: $ 182,853
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I read the description for this challenge- I looked up Fairytale homes. You know there is actually a site with floor plans to Fairytale style homes. I found one I liked and tried my best to make it work. I had a lot of fun with this.( With Family health issues,My real life has not been so great as of late.). I hope you enjoy "Tails Happy Ending"
    Shhhhhhh, There is a secret hidden office writing room..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : Sure, Thank you
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by Juwels64 in the Gallery
    PICTURES:

406401459_831354185633132_8659543502445456092_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a73e89&_nc_ohc=XkUig4IPj4cAX_3ADtO&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCej_ZAr2SBgpkeghSFLnc1uojYvhVMR76JzhYpFXBSqA&oe=656C4C79

405265179_831409045627646_7669375653710037774_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a73e89&_nc_ohc=PG_MsSc48CYAX9sLhHH&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCklBVHAPJOVrjPYgeW3IDeeueMnQWbaF5rjSMRV9KDwg&oe=656C1971

• Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #179 Finding Inspiration
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME:Chateau Frise
    NEW LOT LINK:

Build cost 80960
    Lot Cost 4500
    TOTAL COST:85460
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/FsTEmVW
    :
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

"Step into this enchanting wooded haven, a delightful retreat radiating a sense of charm and comfort. Embraced by the serene beauty of nature, this inviting abode stands as a sanctuary of tranquility.

As you cross the threshold, a feeling of warmth envelops you, inviting you into a world of rustic elegance. The interior, adorned with wooden accents and bathed in natural light, beckons you to unwind and embrace the cozy ambiance.

With three generously appointed bedrooms, each offering a restful haven, and one and a half baths designed for convenience and style, this home provides both comfort and functionality.

The allure of this dwelling lies not only within but also in the seamless integration with its natural surroundings. Glimpses of the lush greenery and soothing landscapes grace every window, offering a picturesque view that effortlessly blends the comforts of indoor living with the tranquility of nature's embrace.

Whether enjoying the vibrant hues of autumn foliage o

C3KS94L.png
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: healthxsims
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: Dalanda Schreiber
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UzH3u1p
    ENTRY DETAILS: Meet Dalanda Schreiber! She's an author, which is definitely helped by her being very creative. She also loves reading and books. She is however a bit clumsy, often resulting in unfortunate or hilarious situations, but has always managed to take it in stride.
    She's excited to see her new home!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc used for sim. If cc is shown in images of her in the house, it'll be listed in the room and/or build entry.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KGHtqaS.png
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: Mandacaju
    LEVEL: I'm guessing established.
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Coorinberg Cottage, Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/pt-br/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/892B28A1C9344FFDB0BA578058FF509E
    LOT COST: 3k
    GALLERY COST: 141k022
    TOTAL COST: 144k022
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/109eni1
    ENTRY DETAILS: I can't believe I made it on time!!

I was inspired by the Storybook houses that look just medical and out of a fantasy story, even though they are from the last century

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM please

SPACE FOR PICTURES
    3RvrGAX.jpg
    9KVLWES.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #179 - Finding Inspiration
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    ROOM: There's CC, no link
    GALLERY COST: 6096
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/jlrpQDB
    ENTRY DETAILS:CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Links are found here (for EVERYTHING in this whole build, not just this room) and each item name/creator is listed under each slideshow image.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Birdseye
    dLJQo9k.png
    Room
    bSYxrmQ.png
    Post edited by healthxsims on
  • Options
    LEVEL: Starting out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cordelia's Secret Cottage, Henford-on-Bagley
    NEW LOT LINK: No link, there's cc
    LOT COST: 1 925
    GALLERY COST: 173 062
    TOTAL COST: 174,987
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/HhE4gki
    ENTRY DETAILS: The new home of Dalanda truly has lots of inspiration for different stories to offer! Each room (including outside) is themed according to a literature genre. There's only a few repeat themes, mostly because I couldn't resist doing so :D Otherwise they're all different.
    This was a really fun build! There's three bedrooms, three bathrooms, kitchen, utility (pantry/storage/laundry), dining, living, library and the secret room is a office/study/writing room. And a backyard/patio!
    Also a note: The front right tree is from debug and actually functional as the base game mystic tree to access the Sylvan Glade (if I remember the name right), if you rotate it/remove the mushroom "sticking out of it". Wasn't intentional, didn't excpect it to work, but really cool!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: List is here, and each item name/creator is listed under each slideshow image it first appears in.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Fantasy-themed Outside
    ht1UsL6.jpg

Mystery-themed Library
    FmgwjJb.png
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 303 Member
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Established (I've been in contact with BuildNShare and it has been agreed that I'll now enter in Established category)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See - in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Name: VictorianHouse TrulyLoved
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B4355C9F354C48EFA5449A7E25508F5A?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 164,319
    TOTAL COST: 165,819
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/H65YwZM
    ENTRY DETAILS: I've designed a Victorian house for Dalanda. Her new home features: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, a lounge/library with a cozy reading nook, a little laundry room, a meditation room + the secret room (which will be revealed in the Slideshow). The yard areas are small but beautiful and there are also terraces/porches where Dalanda can enjoy the time outside and the beautiful views that are surrounding her new home. There's also a little greenhouse.
    Now to the Story part - it became quite long, so I'll put it in a Spoiler:
    A lot has happened to Dalanda in one month: she would never have imagined that she could fall in love so quickly and that everything would be so clear right from the start, but it's true: she has indeed found the love of her life! His name is George Bennett (his name might sound familiar? -Yes, he is the George Bennett from the BnS173). Dalanda and George met in a Library in Windenburg: George was a visiting lecturer at the Writers' Seminar and Dalanda was impressed by George's fascinating stories. After the seminar the two started talking and they were surprised by how much they had in common. They felt instant connection and like they would have known each other for a longer time. Dalanda told George that she was trying to find inspiration for her next book and the two - both being writers - understood each other perfectly, and they shared their experiences of writers' joys and struggles. Dalanda also told that she was in a need of a new home and that a new house would be built for her soon. George suggested that Dalanda could move temporarily to his house in Oasis Springs, where he was living together with his friends Andy and Kelly. Now there was an empty room available since Kelly had just moved to Del Sol Valley. Dalanda gladly accepted the invitation. She also actually knew Andy already: she had met Andy at Arts Center in San MyShuno, where she had attended Andy's art course.
    Dalanda and George fell quickly in love. Now being inspired by her own love story, and since Dalanda and George are sharing the same favorite architectural style: Victorian (they both love the beautifully detailed and decorative style of Victorian houses), she wanted her new house to be a Victorian style manor, a home where they are planning to live together in a near future.
    Dalanda is ready to move in to her lovely new home and she is excited to announce that she is working on her next book: a fictional love story about a sea captain who is shipwrecked on a deserted island due to a storm and who will do anything to get back to his beloved wife. The book will be named: "Truly Loved".
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ppDDg9C.png
    do0Lgkc.png
    Facebook: -
    Twitter: -
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited December 2023
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cordelia's Secret Cottage
    NEW LOT LINK: Author's Cottage
    LOT COST: 1,925
    GALLERY COST: 84,907
    TOTAL COST: 86,832
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Squeaking in here at the last minute. Sorry for the lack of commentary this round; November ate me alive. ^^' Also just wanted to add that there is railing on the stairs leading to the secret room, but for some reason the game decided to make it invisible except for the end piece? Couldn't figure out why. And the "greenhouse" addition to the cottage is actually a Catio in my mind.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)
    BUpiEAX.png
    dUiZokO.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,239 Member

It's a weird game bug that only seems to happen with straight run stairs. Bend them and the rail reappears. Great to see you back!
    ENTRY DETAILS: Squeaking in here at the last minute. Sorry for the lack of commentary this round; November ate me alive. ^^' Also just wanted to add that there is railing on the stairs leading to the secret room, but for some reason the game decided to make it invisible except for the end piece? Couldn't figure out why. And the "greenhouse" addition to the cottage is actually a Catio in my mind.
    BUpiEAX.png
    dUiZokO.png

image.png
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BNS #179 Finding Inspiration is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    It's a weird game bug that only seems to happen with straight run stairs. Bend them and the rail reappears. Great to see you back!
    BUpiEAX.png
    dUiZokO.png

Ahh, that makes sense. And thank you, it’s great to be back. ☺️
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    p6K5EpX.png

Believe or not, word of your expertise in architecture has traveled all the way around the world, thanks to your awesome customers and their families! It has even reached to the North Pole! Well, to be fair, it isn't the first time you have done work in the North Pole. But this time it is a far different project you are doing.
    You re-read the letter from Kris Kringle. He wants you to to come to the North Pole on weekends for several months to teach architectural design to his elves. The job starts in January and will continue for several months. Kris has determined that kids are tired of the same old doll houses and action figure lairs. He wants his elves to learn about different building design styles and floor plans so they can make new types of doll houses and action figure lairs. At the end, you will help judge their new creations and make suggestions for any needed improvements.
    You are thrilled with this new opportunity to use your talents in a different way. But, as Kris reminds you, all of the North Pole housing has been built for decidedly smaller people. So he suggests that you build a house for your own use while you are up there. He has given you a 30x20 size lot on the edge of the Elf Village to build on as well as a $200,000 budget. The house has to be finished for you to use it come January.
    The Brief:
    -30x20 lot -cost is free!
    -Budget is $200,000
    -the house can be any style/colors you want.
    -minimums: at least 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, a kitchen, a living area, and a laundry room since there is no laundry mat at the North Pole.
    -don't forget to landscape. Take pictures in summer/optional pictures with snow on the ground.
    The Room Challenge:
    -create the kitchen for up to $35,000.
    The Sim Challenge:
    -Create your sim self. You can pick all traits, likes, dislikes, and other details. Show yourself enjoying your new home.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns180 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Sunday, 31st December 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Beautiful builds for 179 everyone! <3
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    What if I do not have the laundry pack (or seasons pack, although I think that was optional?) and cannot currently afford to buy any packs or kits? (Buckling down to pay off debt early, recently, living that adult life…)
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top